Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Wandering over to a mirror and recoiling in horror when I see a GIT GUD ballcap in a Top Gun logo treatment: I'm...toxic???

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

Journalists don't like hard games bc they have to play everything that releases to have an opinion, so if they can't see the whole thing in under 3 days it's barely playable garbage, unless it's a loot shooter in which case they'll play it forever and also say other games are too long,

it's funny b/c it's true

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

The idea of gatekeeping a single player offline game is the funniest poo poo in the world to me

It's just another reason why the woke journo crowd is utterly detestable since gatekeeping is a legit issue and they use it to describe the hobby of playing videogames.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When a game asks me to interact with the systems in order to improve my skills and overcome greater and greater challenges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFJS_liRSeU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also there’s nothing Dumb about what Ben said. He’s right. Not everyone can be good at every game. Simple geometry bruh.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

When a game asks me to interact with the systems in order to improve my skills and overcome greater and greater challenges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFJS_liRSeU

nice strawman but thats an actual example of games gatekeeping out our pitiable forum admins and its disgusting you bring it up at a time like this

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

They call me *turns to the camera* THE GATEKEEPER

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yes a game can be too hard, why not. But it doesn’t mean there’s some social obligation that wasn’t met. Duck off.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

nice strawman but thats an actual example of games gatekeeping out our pitiable forum admins and its disgusting you bring it up at a time like this

Lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Wandering over to a mirror and recoiling in horror when I see a GIT GUD ballcap in a Top Gun logo treatment: I'm...toxic???

Hahaha

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Everyone laugh at In Training for saying ballcap now.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
we are living in a Culture of Masochism

it's baked in

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Everyone laugh at In Training for saying ballcap now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice goalposting.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Tender Bender posted:

Or going back to Celeste, a game I really like and where I think persistence through failure is at the core of its themes: it didn't bother me that accessibility options were there and if someone used them to get through maybe they didn't have the same experience as me but that's ok. I feel like that game is pretty popular here and I'm curious if any of you feel it was cheapened by the easy mode stuff. Or if you or anyone you know felt patronized by it. I feel like this idea gets pushed back on as a social justice crusade bogeyman but when it's actually implemented it doesn't have these terrible effects. That's just my experience though.

much like your goalposting

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the joker, that famous villain, has me trapped. at one end are the games journalists in a cage over a flaming pit, at the other end, are the forum admins strapped to bombs. i have to pull one lever for the other to survive. what do i do? what can i do?

i pull them both, and have a laugh as well

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

how does one become a keeper of the gates, it sounds like a lofty position that might have a good benefits package

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I haven’t even played sekiro but it’s probably hilariously easy.

Its a kids game. DKC is harder.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The way Celeste is it probably wasn’t a big deal to let people use god mode or whatever the ridiculous options were so it probably didn’t affect it much. But if that’s all it takes then maybe Bitchmade scrubs should just download a trainer and stfu.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had forgotten about that stuff in create though lmfao. No wonder it was a huge hit with journalists.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unless it changed the level design idk what you could do to make it easier

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

celeste also put all the story in the first 3rd of the game, telling reviewers everything after that was optional

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

esperterra posted:

how does one become a keeper of the gates, it sounds like a lofty position that might have a good benefits package

Rent an apartment in a building constructed to focus spiritual energy by the Cult of Gozer and get possessed by Zuul.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

finally i can fulfill my childhood dream of being sigourney weaver when i grow up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Unless it changed the level design idk what you could do to make it easier

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ben is easily the biggest "sjw" at giantbomb and the woke mob turned on him in seconds, leaving nothing but bones looking like the enemies in Tomb of the Giants. Why would anyone in their right mind attempt to appease that crowd when loving Ben is Cancelled. He calls his gf his partner for fucks sake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ben is easily the biggest "sjw" at giantbomb and the woke mob turned on him in seconds, leaving nothing but bones looking like the enemies in Tomb of the Giants. Why would anyone in their right mind attempt to appease that crowd when loving Ben is Cancelled. He calls his gf his partner for fucks sake.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol I love when he stumbles to correct himself every time he's about to say Girlfriend

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Tender Bender posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I hope From makes a journalist version of the game next time and then releases the real one for grown rear end gamers to play.

Journalist version should just be a cutscene and end credits like that hidden ending in Far Cry 4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

elf help book posted:

celeste also put all the story in the first 3rd of the game, telling reviewers everything after that was optional

brad still brags about beating super meat boy and he only finished light world lol, but there i go gatekeeping those goal posts again

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It should be illegal for a game journalist to say anything other than “I’m a trash can.” Deceptive marketing or something. Any class action lawsuit goons up in here?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

its actually really infantalizing to listen to people who ask for accessibility options, as a true ally I understand they can just figure it out just like this guy on YouTube

Reminder that this weak poo poo is how this dude started. Now he wants to be civilized after receiving a legendary rear end whooping. Lmao gently caress you man, fake rear end mfer