Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Kerning Chameleon posted:

"Fair" does not mean "just."

The two foxes voted to eat the chicken, who voted against. They all had one vote each, so it was fair that chicken pot pie was served that night.

The chicken is the privileged upper class and the foxes ate the rich. I see no problem here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Look if we're going to start banning sports then let's start with chess, a game which explicitly codifies an advantage for whites. gently caress chess.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

"Fair" does not mean "just."

The two foxes voted to eat the chicken, who voted against. They all had one vote each, so it was fair that chicken pot pie was served that night.

The much more equitable situation, obviously, is to give one of the foxes all decision making power

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Telsa Cola posted:

The chicken is the privileged upper class and the foxes ate the rich. I see no problem here.

The chicken is a minority who lives sustainably off seed and insects, while the foxes are a comfortable privileged class who can only subsist on the flesh of vegan animals.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Rigel posted:

We have a golf course near the middle of Des Moines where they started building houses assuming it would be yet another successful gated golf community. It didn't work at all, houses sat unsold, construction stopped and that whole area just sat mostly unused for years, other than some big charity golf tournament that happens there one weekend a year. It took them the better part of a decade to finally sell the few homes they did build. Unfortunately they haven't given up on it yet. Golf is, if not dying, then at least seriously declining. Very few people who are buying homes today care about golf.
Is it golf that's declining? Or just wealthy people who care so much about golf that they insist on living next to a golf course?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The chicken is a minority who lives sustainably off seed and insects, while the foxes are a comfortable privileged class who can only subsist on the flesh of vegan animals.
The chicken tastes better than the foxes, but is also more useful.

Which to eat is a tough call.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I mean, it's still no Star Citizen.

Yeah I had a friend of mine go down that rabbit hole. Interesting grift they have going there.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1113735617697984513

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1113650426178465799

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1113584193391321088

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1113662638821650432

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chickens aren't vegan. They eat insects, as you state. Insects are animals.

And hell, they also will eat lizards and pick apart rodents and whatever else they can get hold of. Chickens are absolute monsters.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

pookel posted:

Is it golf that's declining? Or just wealthy people who care so much about golf that they insist on living next to a golf course?

Golf is declining. The cost barrier for entry is huge and the green fees are exorbitant in most cases.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Perry and a few other Trump appointees seem to have gone in with a "I'm going to take down this overreaching government once and for all" attitude and months later had an epiphany of "Oh poo poo. What have I done." It's too late to actually fix the damage, of course.

My read on Perry is that he genuinely thought his Department was useless because he was too stupid/lazy to find out what it did before pledging to get rid of it so when someone actually sat down and said "okay here's what we do here" he was like "oh wow I had no idea, that sounds important, just uh keep on what you're doing".

Most others like DeVos or Pruitt were industry lobbyists who while stupid were at least clear on what their departments do and actively hated that and wanted them to stop.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ReidRansom posted:

And hell, they also will eat lizards and pick apart rodents and whatever else they can get hold of. Chickens are absolute monsters.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

My read on Perry is that he genuinely thought his Department was useless because he was too stupid/lazy to find out what it did before pledging to get rid of it so when someone actually sat down and said "okay here's what we do here" he was like "oh wow I had no idea, that sounds important, just uh keep on what you're doing".

Most others like DeVos or Pruitt were industry lobbyists who while stupid were at least clear on what their departments do and actively hated that and wanted them to stop.

I don't know why people are assuming he had some epiphany instead of is just is too lazy to try and REALLY gently caress things up so he's only loving things up in minor ways that no one is really noticing or talking about. I mean he's still Rick Perry.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

One of a chickens favorite foods is chicken eggs.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ReidRansom posted:

Chickens are dinosaurs and the only reason they don't eat humans is that they're too small.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Angry_Ed posted:

Seriously, other journalists rightly get lambasted for doing half the poo poo Greenwald has done but he gets a pass?

But what about when he said the thing I like

Do what I say or I’ll punch myself in the dick again. Harder this time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Also Quailures, Avocado is the Ancient Mexican word for testicle so really you should know it's about harvesting child testicles to not only create an army of servile eunuchs, but also to ensure that their youth fluids power the evil Chtonic hearts of evil at the DNC.
Obviously child female testicles have the most power.

Isn't a caucus just like an informal grouping of random assholes that just have the same concern?

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 4, 2019

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/robodellaz/status/1113868879934050304
https://twitter.com/robodellaz/status/1113874421200998400
https://twitter.com/robodellaz/status/1113874779486867457
https://twitter.com/robodellaz/status/1113876589178056704
https://twitter.com/robodellaz/status/1113876592248283137

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

haveblue posted:

Chickens are dinosaurs and the only reason they don't eat humans is that they're too small.

I firmly believe that if chickens were the size of cows, our ancestors would have never come down from the trees.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

The Super-Id posted:

I don't know why people are assuming he had some epiphany instead of is just is too lazy to try and REALLY gently caress things up so he's only loving things up in minor ways that no one is really noticing or talking about. I mean he's still Rick Perry.

Yeah I think you have to grade the corruption of this administration on a curve. This may be far and away more corrupt than all of the previous corrupt administrations we've had combined, so a simple state-level corrupt scumfuck sort of fades into the background on a team full of international-scale business vampire squids that have hosed over multiple states or entire countries before.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
chickens will also completely gently caress up mice and other small rodents who try to eat chicken eggs

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Angry_Ed posted:

The fact you responded after this was posted just shows how utterly dishonest you are in trying to debate this. I'm sure next you'll tell me I'm being Russophobic by reminding people that Glenn Greenwald has repeatedly been on their state-run propaganda networks posing as news. Can't imagine why.

That second tweet doesn't really change anything, though? I mean, he's right: we've had plenty of Ben Wittes-hyped BOOMS that had to be dialed back or corrected by further reporting. While Greenwald is (and I've said this before) probably a crank on this, and I suppose it could come out that Trump has been a compromised witting agent of Moscow since 1982 or whatever Abrams/Mensch/etc. are claiming this week, I don't think it will. I think it will be a lot of people around him being thirsty for oligarch money, and beyond that very little that's political about any of the connections with Russia, and those connections that do exist (which there are plenty) being about venal interests, rather than ideological or political goals.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1113884881807990789

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ReidRansom posted:

I firmly believe that if chickens were the size of cows, our ancestors would have never come down from the trees.
Perhaps you are not familiar with my line of Far Fantasy/Griefpunk novels G'all-uys Do'u'm: The Ovameister Creation. The chapters on the domestication of WarChicks are truly moving.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ReidRansom posted:

That is more or less what actually happened, if the asteroid hadn't hit saurian dominance may not ever have ended.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

selec posted:

That second tweet doesn't really change anything, though? I mean, he's right: we've had plenty of Ben Wittes-hyped BOOMS that had to be dialed back or corrected by further reporting. While Greenwald is (and I've said this before) probably a crank on this, and I suppose it could come out that Trump has been a compromised witting agent of Moscow since 1982 or whatever Abrams/Mensch/etc. are claiming this week, I don't think it will. I think it will be a lot of people around him being thirsty for oligarch money, and beyond that very little that's political about any of the connections with Russia, and those connections that do exist (which there are plenty) being about venal interests, rather than ideological or political goals.

And if all the people wanting the report released only cared about proving or disproving a connection to Russia you'd have a point; but they don't, so you don't. And that tweet proves my point that Glenn is fine with anonymous sources but only when they say the things he thinks are true.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 4, 2019

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Just want to point out how lovely Don's hair looks in this preview of the video. He's definitely the type to save onto every damned strand of hair rather than just owning up to it because it would mean he admits that something is beating him: male pattern baldness.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Love to see folks who would call a fellow leftist "liberal" for a slight strategy disagreement adopting Glenn "I'm literally a libertarian" Greenwald into the fold.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

haveblue posted:

That is more or less what actually happened, if the asteroid hadn't hit saurian dominance may not ever have ended.

I was thinking more recently, but yeah, I suppose it is, haha.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Jaxyon posted:

Love to see folks who would call a fellow leftist "liberal" for a slight strategy disagreement adopting Glenn "I'm literally a libertarian" Greenwald into the fold.

Of course they do. Once the division of leftist and liberal became widely recognized, it became an insult used to say "you're a person I don't like." The vast majority of people don't really understand the nuances of leftism (or ... anything) and so the result is pretty much what you'd expect. It's the same cultural diffusion that made SJW meaningless.

It's a fun game trying to guess which words will lose all meaning next. Personally, I've just been calling everything I don't like republican. I'm hoping it'll catch on with the gamer crowd and replace their love of calling things gay. :v:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The point is, when the family voted to install IoT decided above my strenuous objections, I physically installed the devices as asked, but didn't ever put them on the network, didn't tell them, and they never noticed the difference. I subverted their majority of wrongness, and was objectively correct for doing so.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

The point is, when the family voted to install IoT decided above my strenuous objections, I physically installed the devices as asked, but didn't ever put them on the network, didn't tell them, and they never noticed the difference. I subverted their majority of wrongness, and was objectively correct for doing so.

How many more personal anecdotes like this do you have to justify your world views to yourself?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Super-Id posted:

Ehhhh having had him as my governor, "too lazy to be properly evil" wasn't one of his flaws.

Like yeah I'm sure his management style at the DoE is basically "hmm well what do you think I should tell you to do" because he's lazy and stupid, but I doubt he still wants to destroy the whole thing and just keeps like putting it off or something.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Q-anoners must have an existential crisis whenever they order food.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Your should probably move out of the basement.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Rise up basement dwellers!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Your should probably move out of the basement.

Pls don't shame my goon depression hovel ty

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Critical posted:

Pls don't shame my goon depression hovel ty
Not even a real hovel.

Sad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/sullivanamy/status/1113891759891857408

More idiots who think they are living in 1971.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/sullivanamy/status/1113891759891857408

More idiots who think they are living in 1971.

I would be surprised if the Mueller report actually dug up anything of note, because apparently the people who worked on it are morons.