Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

With these people, I'm sort of at the same point as I am with people who are molested as kids and grow up to be child molesters. I think they're victims, they probably needed a lot of help that they never got, and now they're a real danger to everyone else.

Being molested as a child or as an adult for that matter is something forced on you. These people willingly bought into the narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

What is "WWG1WGA"? I have been seeing it everywhere lately.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

"Where we go one, we go all". Cultist chant from Q-anon followers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's the extremely lyrical and brain genoius phrase Where We Go One We Go All

When you say stuff out of order, it sounds smart, you see.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

Where we go one, we go all. It's from some movie no one loving remembers but they've taken it as a stupid mantra.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I pronounce it "wuh-wiggy-waggah."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Oh, I get it. It's stupid.

Also that sounds a lot like MGTOW lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

Oh, I get it. It's stupid.

Also that sounds a lot like MGTOW lol

Lotta overlap.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It sounds like something from an audiobook of the Three Musketeers read by Yoda

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

And now I do too.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's supposedly from the bell on jfk's yacht. doesn't make it make any more sense.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's supposedly from the bell on jfk's yacht. doesn't make it make any more sense.

JFK was murdered by the Cabal for trying to reveal their existence. Which is why JFK Jr faked his death to become Q/work for Q and those bells were signs of what he was trying to do!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sometimes I worry that all the plastic in our muscles and blood is going to rot our brains worse than what lead did to the boomers.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

yeah if you think the boomers got hosed over by lead gasoline, just think of all the poo poo that's been deregulated since Reagan and remains that way

kids born in the 2030s are going to call us the hog poo poo lagoon generation and I fervently hope they do because it suggests they won't have those anymore

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Peanut Butler posted:

yeah if you think the boomers got hosed over by lead gasoline, just think of all the poo poo that's been deregulated since Reagan and remains that way

kids born in the 2030s are going to call us the hog poo poo lagoon generation and I fervently hope they do because it suggests they won't have those anymore

Dude, that stuff that got "dergeulated" since Reagan was stuff pretty much all completely unregulated before the EPA, so Boomers were fully exposed to it.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Sometimes I worry that all the plastic in our muscles and blood is going to rot our brains worse than what lead did to the boomers.

Similarly, Boomers also already got all that poo poo, probably even more considering how little controlled it was for most of their lives.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

the odds of that are nearly zero

if you don't believe me, visit the cspam trump thread for careful analysis of current major policy issues

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

think of the poor boomers who melted their brains by watching fox news and learning how to use facebook

they are the real victims :(

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think that's an exaggeration, but they have been taken in by a series of scams and it's leading to immense harm to people other than the initial victims.

The point here isn't to minimize their culpability, but to identify root causes.

If the solution is "people need to stop falling for sophisticated lies that are specifically engineered to take advantage of their cognitive shortcomings" we don't really have a short or long term solution.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Put everyone older than 60 in a faraday cage imo

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think that's an exaggeration, but they have been taken in by a series of scams and it's leading to immense harm to people other than the initial victims.

The point here isn't to minimize their culpability, but to identify root causes.

If the solution is "people need to stop falling for sophisticated lies that are specifically engineered to take advantage of their cognitive shortcomings" we don't really have a short or long term solution.

I mean we already went through something like this before with traditional media like newspapers, radio and TV. Most European countries created huge publicly funded TV stations(Germany didn't even have privately owned TV stations till the late 80s IRC) and enacted lots of different regulations and anti-trust monitoring for the media. But then "The End of History" and the internet happened and here we are again.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Dr Christmas posted:

It's pronounced like Will Smith says it in the wild wild west rap

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I say we go full Logan's Run, and I say this as someone over 30.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Moon Slayer posted:

Same boat, I'm down. It'd be worth it.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Moon Slayer posted:

I pray each winter for the Boomer flu.

As well as each summer.

And spring.

Fall, also.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'm down. How anyone can make it past 50 and not constantly crave death I have no idea.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

chitoryu12 posted:

Also because "It's like the fall of the Roman Empire!" is really underselling how supremely hosed up the Roman Empire was at the time of Rome's conquering, but also that there was no real "collapse of the Roman Empire". Rome was conquered, but life continued to move on after it was handed back. Emperors continued to rule, albeit with less power than before, and the politics of the world remained about as hosed up in Rome as they were everywhere else (even when Rome was at its peak, the assassination of the emperor was not an uncommon occurrence and often done by his own guards!). Generally anyone who wasn't in the path of an invading army continued living their lives exactly as they did because they weren't as reliant on the highest levels of government continuing to exist as they had for centuries.

The circumstances that led to Rome "collapsing" don't exist in modern America. You don't have state governors starting coups with portions of the National Guard to usurp power from one another or the Secret Service turning around and popping the president in the back of the head with a SIG-Sauer because the Vice President paid them off. We don't have an invading army coming across the ocean to burn down Washington DC. Whole cities aren't being wiped off the map by a lack of fire codes.

DanCarlinPodcast.txt

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

So I have a friend whose dad is enthralled with qanon, to the point that he makes a point of telling her his latest insights at dinnertime, in hopes of convincing her. Apparently the Deep State is just like the Tower of Babel, but secret, and therefore Q is literally an angel? :eng99:

My only thought on the matter is that I wish the 'movement' wasn't called qanon, because calling a group for families of qanon addicts "qanon-anon" doesn't really roll off the tongue. :(

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

zonohedron posted:

So I have a friend whose dad is enthralled with qanon, to the point that he makes a point of telling her his latest insights at dinnertime, in hopes of convincing her. Apparently the Deep State is just like the Tower of Babel, but secret, and therefore Q is literally an angel? :eng99:

My only thought on the matter is that I wish the 'movement' wasn't called qanon, because calling a group for families of qanon addicts "qanon-anon" doesn't really roll off the tongue. :(

Has she tried telling him that the whole qanon thing is just the lizard people and (((globalists))) manipulating him to keep him docile so he doesn't see what they're REALLY up to?

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Don Gato posted:

Where we go one, we go all. It's from some movie no one loving remembers but they've taken it as a stupid mantra.

That's the beauty of it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Has she tried telling him that the whole qanon thing is just the lizard people and (((globalists))) manipulating him to keep him docile so he doesn't see what they're REALLY up to?

What she should do is show him those twitter/facebook threads of people abandoned by their families because of their Q obsession

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I just realized they changed it from "pizza" to "avocado" because there's no chance trump will ever say he enjoys a vegetable.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

InsertPotPun posted:

I just realized they changed it from "pizza" to "avocado" because there's no chance trump will ever say he enjoys a vegetable.

Wait what? When did this happen?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
They didn’t change it, they expanded it to every mention of food.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

InsertPotPun posted:

nonsense, he likes ketchup on his steaks

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

The Narrator posted:

Wait what? When did this happen?

Threat of closed borders led to media people mentioning the raised prices of avocados led to Q-weirdies claiming it meant underaged mexican children.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
And higher prices for tomatoes, lemons, limes, and strawberries. But I guess people can only care about higher prices for one that at a time.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the odds of that are nearly zero

if you don't believe me, visit the cspam trump thread for careful analysis of current major policy issues

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

zoux posted:

Lotta overlap.
WWG1MGHOWWGAMGTOW

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Kolyin/status/1113515295283527680

We're this post weed, it would be "that lound". This is that real poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok my favourite part of that is the “Magna Carter”