Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Everyone has a Bane in their gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
If you're looking for a stupid poo poo you see in the gym thread just follow a few ~*fitness influencers*~ on Instagram.

Definitely not the stupidest thing, but I loving hate when people stand on the seat of the shoulder press machine to do shrugs. Gotta hit multiple angles for muscle confusion bro!!!

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

turd in my singlet posted:

I have this guy in my gym, though fortunately I don't think he trains people. Always wearing a hoodie with the sleeves cut off. Apparently he got one of those 'high altitude masks' for Christmas because last I saw him he was wearing it while doing Bosu ball half squats.

Gonna need a video of this

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
there was a guy like that i saw on Instagram ages ago, did everything with one of those masks amd chains
my favourite one was hin walking around a running track with the mask and camo gym clothes and a barbell on his shoulders loaded up with chains. all his bicep curls were done with chains instead of plates, buso ball squats with chains, dips with chains, etc
drat in gonna have to try find him now

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Oh man, just look up "breaktheboxfitness" on IG. I honestly can't tell if that guy is a troll or not.

Brief synopsis:
All of his videos set to really esoteric jazz which he considers the only music worth listening to
Creates little forts out of boxes, foam rollers for maximum instability
Holds his breath while working out

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
aaaaahahahahahhahahahahhaa

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvsR0JjBxha/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=h6mreuj7zzn2

this has to be a troll

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Apparently abs aren’t made in the kitchen, they’re made on the Orange Line

Winstons
Nov 9, 2009

ok I just found my new favourite instagram LMAO

The BALLOON! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv0FiypBWK3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Winstons
Nov 9, 2009

Ok this guy is a legit genius https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCUAxzFXcr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Do instagram videos like not have a scrub bar or what

Or any way of knowing how long they are

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MA-Horus posted:

Oh man, just look up "breaktheboxfitness" on IG. I honestly can't tell if that guy is a troll or not.

Brief synopsis:
All of his videos set to really esoteric jazz which he considers the only music worth listening to
Creates little forts out of boxes, foam rollers for maximum instability
Holds his breath while working out

Our gym toddler makes foam roller forts and knocks them all over. It's pretty cute really.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

Do instagram videos like not have a scrub bar or what

Or any way of knowing how long they are

they never go longer than a minute.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This guy has an iron will not to break out in laughter.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I seriously don't know if he's for real or just putting on a long-term act because my god he's selling it.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

I seriously don't know if he's for real or just putting on a long-term act because my god he's selling it.

If he is not trying to sell you some garbage through his instagram I'd bet on a long-term act.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is the only thing instagram is legit good for.

This guy rules and uses good music.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Today marks a year since I broke my cardio bike and switched to full time kettlebells.

Very happy with the progress/results. It’s weird growing up obese then swapping to being swole as heck. Sometimes I forget that I’m different than I used to be.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

:grin:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm quite short and slender but not in the way she means :smug:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I eat huge dinners and little in the way of breakfast and lunch, but lift in the mornings, am I sabotaging myself?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Dolphin posted:

If I eat huge dinners and little in the way of breakfast and lunch, but lift in the mornings, am I sabotaging myself?

How do you think that would be sabotaging yourself?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dolphin posted:

Yes but I’m only going to assume that your huge dinners have some ridiculous calories that are throwing everything off.

If the calories for all your meals are on point for the day the nutrient timing doesn’t matter a whole lot. I think the RP dudes said it’s like 5% or something.

If you are making progress while eating that then just keep doing it.

Now if you are trying to drop fat then probably don’t do that because it’s loving you up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

I can only assume by over eating :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dolphin posted:

If I eat huge dinners but little in the way of breakfast and lunch, and lift in the mornings, am I sabotaging myself? Or is that fine? Macros and diet otherwise normal

Also you left the last part out.

How are you feeling when you lift? If you feel fine just keep doing what you are doing? Like I said nutrient timing plays a small small part in it.

Just listen to your body.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Also you left the last part out.

How are you feeling when you lift? If you feel fine just keep doing what you are doing? Like I said nutrient timing plays a small small part in it.

Just listen to your body.
I feel fine when I lift. Energized. I'm generally just not hungry during the day but I have friends over a lot so I cook big dinners. I'm aiming for a slight deficit right now because I'm at like 17%bfr so my concern was I could be packing on fat overnight and then being undernourished after lifting

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dum Cumpster posted:

By having a lot of calories during low activity and no calories during high activity

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Dolphin posted:

By having a lot of calories during low activity and no calories during high activity

Since you feel fine while you lift you're good. It's not really more complicated than that unless you're trying to get stage ready for a bodybuilding show.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

borat_MYWIFE.wav

I did something to my left shoulder 8 months ago and it's been a slow road to recovery. This morning I got a set of 8 reps at 60lb dumbbells over my head in standard shoulder press, then a set of 6 reps, then dropped to 55lbs and got 8 reps in. I felt pretty good about that.

Turns out yoga is pretty fuckin' hard, too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

borat_MYWIFE.wav

Turns out yoga is pretty fuckin' hard, too.

Yes it is.

I really wish I had more time to get it in. I really did enjoy going to yoga classes.

Also all the hot asses.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

While I'm disappointed she didn't put her bench as 420 I admire her actual bench. 8/10 would get awkwardly rejected by

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Either that woman is entirely full of poo poo on her bench or she should go sign up for a powerlifting federation right loving now and demolish records. She has 100lbs more than Stefi Cohen for reps on bench.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

Either that woman is entirely full of poo poo on her bench or she should go sign up for a powerlifting federation right loving now and demolish records. She has 100lbs more than Stefi Cohen for reps on bench.

That’s kinda what I was thinking.

It’s an impressive number but uh I dunno kinda seems like bullshit. Amazing for her if it’s true though I’d love to see that.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

That’s kinda what I was thinking.

It’s an impressive number but uh I dunno kinda seems like bullshit. Amazing for her if it’s true though I’d love to see that.

Swipe right and you just might!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Swipe right and you just might!

I’m too tall 😩

Although I did go out with a powerlifting nurse yesterday and it’s kinda awesome holding hands with someone with callouses like mine.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

MA-Horus posted:

If she's 6' 200lb she'd need to hit 441 to break a record.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

If she's 6' 200lb she'd need to hit 441 to break a record.

April Mathis? Yeah she did 440.9 at 275lbs.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

MA-Horus posted:

April Mathis? Yeah she did 440.9 at 275lbs.

Yeah. Unless I'm missing something that profile doesn't include her weight so she could be in the 198+ class.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

It’s kinda awesome holding hands with someone with callouses like mine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So drat the strict press makes me feel like such a failure.

Like this past cycle I added 25 lbs to my squat, 40 to my DL and 20 to my bench.... but only 5 to my strict press.

I’m not sure if I’m just tired or maybe I psyched my self out but drat I was hoping for a least a 10lb increase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

MarcusSA posted:

So drat the strict press makes me feel like such a failure.

Like this past cycle I added 25 lbs to my squat, 40 to my DL and 20 to my bench.... but only 5 to my strict press.

I’m not sure if I’m just tired or maybe I psyched my self out but drat I was hoping for a least a 10lb increase.

Hitting 205 on OHP was more satisfying than hitting 500 on my deadlift.