Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:thumbsup:

what the gently caress's wrong with her

She's hiding under a pile of coats hoping it all works out

e- 101 is leetspeak for lol

also I don't remember this bit of the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDcaw2WJq8E

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The UK government has started issuing British passports without the words “European Union” even though the UK remains a full member of the bloc. It removed the two words from passport covers issued this week on the working assumption that Brexit day would have been 29 March.

But the move has angered those applying for new passports who were hoping to hold on to an emblem of EU membership.

Susan Hindle Barone tweeted: “Truly appalled. Picked up my new passport today – my old one expires in the next couple of months.” She added: “It makes me feel sick.”

UK removes words 'European Union' from British passports

http://flip.it/zx98C8

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

How do salaried community organisers work when the regulated period kicks in

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

JFairfax posted:

Susan Hindle Barone tweeted: “Truly appalled. Picked up my new passport today – my old one expires in the next couple of months.” She added: “It makes me feel sick.”

lol

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

JFairfax posted:

The UK government has started issuing British passports without the words “European Union” even though the UK remains a full member of the bloc. It removed the two words from passport covers issued this week on the working assumption that Brexit day would have been 29 March.

But the move has angered those applying for new passports who were hoping to hold on to an emblem of EU membership.

How loving empty and brainspidered does your life have to be when your concerns are either:
A) What colour your passport is.
B) That they removed some words that people would otherwise barely loving notice.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 5, 2019

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
did corbyn do brexit to own jk rowling yet

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

waffle posted:

We have a paid community organizer in my CLP now and I can't understate how important it is to have someone actually on the payroll to engage members and do the ground work of selecting council candidates, running trainings, making sure admin work is done etc.

It's all work that volunteers have done in the past, but volunteer numbers wax and wane over time (more near elections, fewer when nothing's really happening).. and I'm in a marginal. They'll be even more essential in places that are safer Tory, but could be surprise wins during a GE if they actually have dedicated people to organize.

So true. Our branch has around 147 members yet the same 5-10 people do absolutely everything that involves time and pavement treading: campaigning, canvassing, monthly stall, turning up to meetings and so on. Not only are they all getting on in years (average age of the 'doers' is mid-high 60s) but they are getting exhausted. (We've had 3 town council by-elections in the past 4-5 months). We did have 3 really active and younger members, but they moved to another location so we lost all that youthful energy. I don't know how we can rocket up the rear end of other members we've tried everything we can think of - changing agendas, organising socials, nothing doing.

And on that point, I'm a branch secretary. At the moment to contact branch members, I have to download a CSV file, get an email with a password, unzip it (but the Windows inbuilt unzipper doesn't work on it), copy email addresses into a word doc, write the email, make sure I don't get any interruptions when sending it with the email addresses in the BCC field to avoid any possibility of accidentally putting them in the CC field. For anyone willing to be branch secretary who doesn't have an actual computer, ability to download and install an unzipping programme and all that other stuff, it's just not possible. (how on earth do people function with just a phone?) And given the average person in my branch keeps asking for training on how to press 'like' on facebook, I give up hope.
There's supposed to be a new system to do it which we were supposed to get trained on 16 months ago but Welsh Labour kept cancelling.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 5, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

idk if this has been brought up, but in the wake of folks being probated recently for making measured arguments against landlords, it must always be mentioned: ALAB.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

baka kaba posted:

She's hiding under a pile of coats hoping it all works out

e- 101 is leetspeak for lol

also I don't remember this bit of the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDcaw2WJq8E

I am convinced she is chauffeured to BBC studios every Sunday and picks her outfits for the week from the Eastenders wardrobe.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Venomous posted:

idk if this has been brought up, but in the wake of folks being probated recently for making measured arguments against landlords, it must always be mentioned: ALAB.

:agreed:

crispix posted:

I am convinced she is chauffeured to BBC studios every Sunday and picks her outfits for the week from the Eastenders wardrobe.

Actually hang on I've seen that half-puffer before but I didn't realise it was all puffer on the inside...

Who on earth designed that?

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

JFairfax posted:

Well as far as Nige is concerned that's Mission Accomplished; pack it up lads

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/1114248861994881024

:nms::barf::nms::barf::nms::barf::nms::barf::nms::barf:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Venomous posted:

ya gently caress landlords imho

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

bump_fn posted:

did corbyn do brexit to own jk rowling yet

He doesn't even have to go that far to own her.

Hell, she does it enough herself when she tells people that wizards used to poo poo their pants and magic it away, or tries to make her stories retroactively more woke - Dumbledore was gay, and some background students were gay, and some students were Jewish, but she just never felt the need to bring it up at the time, or reference or code it in any way, honest - or telling us that her magic Hitler analog actually wants to rule over the muggles to prevent the holocaust. Also slavery is fine, because the slaves like it, and it gives their lives purpose.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

quote:

SEE THE UNCENSORED PICTURE

LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE!

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 5, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

heh heh, "snatch of the day"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

NYEHEH! Minge! :laugh:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Where does the qr code go?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the sport is the best paper in the uk

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Where does the qr code go?

You first

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

JFairfax posted:

the sport is the best paper in the uk

i imagine it leads the pack by factual reporting

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

QR code takes you to a brexit poll

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm phoneposting, and my qr app only does it by camera.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's going to be a very soft brexit.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Azza Bamboo posted:

on the contrary

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

I'm phoneposting, and my qr app only does it by camera.

I am not downloading a QR app to check where a sport QR code goes

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

And on that point, I'm a branch secretary. At the moment to contact branch members, I have to download a CSV file, get an email with a password, unzip it (but the Windows inbuilt unzipper doesn't work on it), copy email addresses into a word doc, write the email, make sure I don't get any interruptions when sending it with the email addresses in the BCC field to avoid any possibility of accidentally putting them in the CC field.

I guarantee there's an easier way of doing it than that, tbf - mail merge has been a thing since the 1980s. Maybe you can get a local tech nerd to put something together for you?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

crispix posted:

She takes the clothes the most aggressive characters from the past week wore, then she spends the weekend in front of the mirror going "n-no, YOU leave it out"

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Azza Bamboo posted:

Are we talking a 5 or higher?

In memoriam, seaside loafer.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

I am not downloading a QR app to check where a sport QR code goes
I brought the tweet up on my partner's phone and then pointed my phone camera at the screen, which is more sordid than what the link went to.

Which is :nms::nws::nms::nws:here:nms::nws::nms::nws:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

JFairfax posted:

on the contrary

At that point I'd leave without a deal.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Pesky Splinter posted:

How loving empty and brainspidered does your life have to be when your concerns are either:
A) What colour your passport is.
B) That they removed some words that people would otherwise barely loving notice.

yes how dare she

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

you can hold the home button on android phones and tap the Google Lens icon or whatever and it should grab the QR codes for you, if you're into that sort of thing

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

I brought the tweet up on my partner's phone and then pointed my phone camera at the screen, which is more sordid than what the link went to.

Which is :nms::nws::nms::nws:here:nms::nws::nms::nws:

So Tezza showed Jezza her soft Brexit?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Rust Martialis posted:

So Tezza showed Jezza her soft Brexit?

He wasn't keen on the withdrawal agreement though.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

StarkingBarfish posted:

He wasn't keen on the withdrawal agreement though.

Did she offer a custom union with freedom of movement?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1113763890750472192

weird flex but ok.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
rip seaside loafer. he's poo poo-poo poo-shittin' on heaven's floor.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
On the paid organisers:

If you care about something happening, it needs to be paid, and that person needs to be paid to do the thing you care about as their paid role. MPs can help, councillors can help, volunteers can help, but for all of them, it is a secondary consideration to either what they were elected to do, or to what else they have to do in life in order to support themselves in a capitalist society.

This is as true in political organisations as it is in any other organisation - if you think doing something is important but you don’t back it with resources, especially money, then you don’t really think it’s that important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

This is a sick burn.