Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1114609755702616064
https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1114612677253455874

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This is the big mental impasse that conservatives just can't seem to get past. They absolutely believe that Israel, and specifically the current ultranationalist government of Israel, is representative of all Jews. Present them with the fact that the majority of American Jews don't support Likud and their minds short circuit.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I cannot count how many movies and entertainments I have seen and read and experienced that featured America gloriously owning the Nazis and here in 2019 Israel is seeking alliance with a Nazi President, white supremacy on the rise, and Evangelicals are lit with happiness.

Like the opposite of what America is about.

It's the movies that were lies.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gatts posted:

I cannot count how many movies and entertainments I have seen and read and experienced that featured America gloriously owning the Nazis and here in 2019 Israel is seeking alliance with a Nazi President, white supremacy on the rise, and Evangelicals are lit with happiness.

Like the opposite of what America is about.

I really wish Marty had burned the almanac in our timeline.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pakled posted:

This is the big mental impasse that conservatives just can't seem to get past. They absolutely believe that Israel, and specifically the current ultranationalist government of Israel, is representative of all Jews. Present them with the fact that the majority of American Jews don't support Likud and their minds short circuit.

They know what they’re doing. They just want to give themselves cover for their Jew-hatred, which Likud does as well, as they would be happy for all American jews to be killed.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

pacerhimself posted:

Linked in the replies:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1114600210083266561?s=20

Who remembers 8 years of Republicans claiming Democrats worshipped Obama lmao

This is such utterly brazen sacrilege that it actually counts as proof of antitheism

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVTBbkm4VU

so the opening speech in bioshock infinite except jewish. literally.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 6, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I assume this is sacrilegious right? I’m not sure what the yarmulke means in a religious sense but I feel like it must be.

nah there's tons of novelty and fun yarmulkes, I got a buddy who has a Captain America shield one and I have a tie-dye one I wear for most non-super formal things I'd need one for.

I would, personally, find a political yarmulke kinda gross in general, but nah it's not some 'dude God's mad at you now' thing just more 'can you loving not at least for temple man?'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

This, however, is loving vile and deeply insulting to the faith. Like, for non-Jew perspective it's like if someone slipped Obama into...I dunno, the Lord's Prayer or something?

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

sexpig by night posted:

This, however, is loving vile and deeply insulting to the faith. Like, for non-Jew perspective it's like if someone slipped Obama into...I dunno, the Lord's Prayer or something?

It'd be more like taking Easter Sunday mass and doing that, I think. It's rotten blasphemy on like five different levels. I'm non-practicing but poo poo like this wounds me very personally.

I mean, for gently caress's sake, it's barely been six months since a right-wing antisemitic terrorist killed a bunch of us in my old hometown, and now Trump's supposed to be the loving savior of the Jewish people? Oh, right, I forgot, American Jews don't count as Jews anymore, only Israeli Jews and anyone willing to allow them to commit ethnic cleansing count as Jews now.

I'm so sick of this poo poo.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Help a dumb gulf state chump out; I know the Crips and Bloods are far from friends but what's bringing them together like this? I must have missed something these past few days I haven't been paying attention.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

"begin" doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Help a dumb gulf state chump out; I know the Crips and Bloods are far from friends but what's bringing them together like this? I must have missed something these past few days I haven't been paying attention.

a pretty cool rapper? former rapper? got iced in what as far as anyone knows so far was a personal dispute

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

A homophobic rapper got killed but he also did community work so its complicated.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
The 80s and 90s style crip and blood animosity has died down a ton from how it was portrayed originally, the gang tensions are largely racial at this point (eg mexican gangs taking over traditionally black gang areas all around LA) and a lot of the black gang stuff is intragang and between specific sets, hence the surprise at 83s and 60s getting along which is indeed a pretty loving big intra-crip rivalry being squashed, though that probably was cooling off anyways and people were wanting to settle that sooner than later for strategic reasons. Hard to voerstate how concerned black gangs are with mexican gangs in LA

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Everyone loved nipsey and he did a lot of good for the community. Him getting killed really upset a lot of people.

E-

I don’t know about the homophobic stuff, I never listened to his music.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Also the realpolitik answer of 'what's bringing them together' is existential fear of mexican gangs vulturing up territory from weak sets plus general weakening of the traditional income sources for gangs leading to less money being fought over.

E: to explain that last point: at the end of the day, none of the poo poo gangs preach really matters to the higherups, it's 100% about money and keeping themselves in power and eliminating threats to that. Loyalty doesn't mean poo poo, probably as many people are killed by people in their own gangs as people outside of their gangs because they were seen as competition or a risk. At the higher levels, basically all decisions are made from that perspective, it's only the young new people who get the idealistic 'everyone looking out for eachother no snitching ever no matter what everyone down to ride for you' poo poo.

Like there was a period a decade ago where two essentially underbosses in the Emes who were coming up were basically playing human chess by killing off eachothers competent lieutenants and middle manager types in a totally batshit power struggle.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 6, 2019

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
That was very informative, thanks.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1114631580109213696

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

honestly i am expecting him to just stroke out in rage at some point. maybe the mueller report would do it.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1114609755702616064?s=19

Not enough is made of his tendency to do this, it's just so anti-assimilation; you can be an American-born descendants of Jews in America for 200 years but he ascribes an Israeli primacy to you. Does he want you to move there? There's too many facets of it for me to even adequately cover. Like for one thing, it's cut from the same cloth as the fear that JFK had a loyalty to the Pope over the Constitution.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1114609755702616064?s=19

Not enough is made of his tendency to do this, it's just so anti-assimilation; you can be an American-born descendants of Jews in America for 200 years but he ascribes an Israeli primacy to you. Does he want you to move there? There's too many facets of it for me to even adequately cover. Like for one thing, it's cut from the same cloth as the fear that JFK had a loyalty to the Pope over the Constitution.

while i sorta agree. i feel like this is partly him being a sundowing dipshit and half of these reactionary assholes probably do view Bibi as their king.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It’s incredible that the media fell for the bullshit about Rep. Omar and is likely not going to ever mention that Trump just did exactly what she was accused of except he actually did it.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

while i sorta agree. i feel like this is partly him being a sundowing dipshit and half of these reactionary assholes probably do view Bibi as their king.

Yeah it's like Canadians or Australians still being loyal to the monarch of England.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Stereotype posted:

It’s incredible that the media fell for the bullshit about Rep. Omar and is likely not going to ever mention that Trump just did exactly what she was accused of except he actually did it.

February 2017:

quote:

President Trump seemed to suggest Tuesday that the recent bomb threats and vandalism at Jewish community centers and cemeteries across the country might be false flags, according to a Democratic attorney general who met with him. And Trump’s comments came the same day that one of his top advisers suggested the culprits could be Democrats.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro (D) told reporters Tuesday that Trump expressed horror at the situation but also appeared to suggest it might not be anti-Semitism and that it could be “the reverse,” The Post's Mark Berman confirmed. BillyPenn reporter Anna Orso first tweeted about Shapiro's comments:

Shapiro told BuzzFeed: “He just said, ‘Sometimes it’s the reverse, to make people — or to make others — look bad,’ and he used the word ‘reverse’ I would say two to three times in his comments. He did correctly say at the top that it was reprehensible.”

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I've heard of political promises to avoid getting involved in military conflicts if they win, but promising to murder thousands of people as a campaign promise is a new one for me.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly i am expecting him to just stroke out in rage at some point. maybe the mueller report would do it.

Unfortunately, he'd have to read it.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This crowd, you have a point, but when he went to Pittsburgh, the first thing he did was express his condolences to the Israeli ambassador to the US. Wild guess that the mayor of Pittsburgh and such wouldn't shake Trump's hand, but it is way off base.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
March 3, 2016

I will never vote for Donald Trump. He's a bigot, a misogynist, a fraud and a bully. posted:

I won't vote for Donald Trump.

I won't vote for Donald Trump because of who he isn't.

He isn't a Republican. He isn't a conservative. He isn't a truth teller.

He's not a uniter. Donald Trump isn't the leader America needs after eight years of a president who deliberately divided us and fanned the flames of racial and socioeconomic strife — and, by doing so, diminished America's standing in the world.

I also won't vote for Donald Trump because of who he is.

A bigot. A misogynist. A fraud. A bully.

Who Donald Trump is should have been at the core of his campaign for president of the United States.

Instead, what Trump wanted us to believe is a marketing package that has been sold to the American people.

He is accused of stealing $40 million from thousands of fellow Americans through a phony "college" — promising opportunity to achieve the American Dream. He has left in his wake failed enterprises such as Trump Airlines, Trump Mortgage and Trump Vodka. His multiple corporate bankruptcies have left scores of "little guys" — suppliers — with unpaid bills. He is not to be trusted with billions of dollars from the hardworking labor of millions of other fellow Americans.

When a man mocks the disabled, dismisses the valor and honor of America's veterans, such as Sen. John McCain, and defames the last Republican commander-in-chief, he is not to be trusted to lead our nation's military in times of peace or war.

There is a coarseness to Trump that degrades the political discourse, such as when he calls women "fat pigs" or attacks a female reporter by a not-so-subtle reference to her menstrual cycle.

And any man who declines to renounce the affections of the KKK and David Duke should not be trusted to lead America. Ever.

We have been deceived by a con artist. A fraud wrapped in the veneer of being a businessman, who has slapped a slogan on a baseball cap and is closer to being president of the United States than any bigot, misogynist, fraud and bully in modern American history.

Republican leaders are to blame. Of this there is no doubt. Republicans like me and others who could not believe or comprehend that anyone would take Donald Trump seriously.

Republicans like me and others who did not understand just how angry, bitter, frustrated and anxious millions of Americans are about the future of our nation and their own economic and personal safety.

Americans are hungry for a strong leader. And yes, Trump projects strength. But his embrace of Putin, his lauding the butchery of Tiananmen Square, and the praise he evokes from French fascist Jean-Marie Le Pen — the founder of France's National Front — and American fascist David Duke, signal a strength that is inconsistent with American ideals of justice and liberty.

It's still not too late to stop Donald Trump from winning the GOP nomination for president. I am an optimist and still hope that millions of Americans supporting Trump today will tomorrow recognize the poison in who he is. There are many delegates still to be chosen.

But it's also not too late for me and others to make it clear that under no circumstances will we support Donald Trump for president.

Who my choice may be if Donald Trump is the standard-bearer under the rules of the Republican Party, I do not know. I know it won't be Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

And I know it will never be Donald Trump.

When Trump refused to condemn the embrace of the Ku Klux Klan and David Duke and then tried to blame his moral failing on a faulty earpiece, it became clear that it is not in his ear where there is a problem — it is in his heart.

It is said that our leaders are a reflection of who we are.

If we believe that, then people like Donald Trump will fall.

If not, then people like Donald Trump will rise up, and like every fascist before them, will lead a nation to its doom.

America is a great nation. We were a great nation long before Donald Trump sold us on a slogan — and we can be a great nation without Trump's false promises built on a legacy of fiction.

Keep America great.

Fire Donald Trump.

(Norm Coleman is a former U.S. senator from Minnesota.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ague Proof posted:

March 3, 2016

Too bad hypocrisy isn't a crime otherwise Coleman would be on death row.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Stereotype posted:

Trump has publicly said stuff like 'you guys (the Jews) have all the money' and now 'Bibi is your Prime Minister' which are both worse than what Omar ever said or implied.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

This is some flowers for algernon poo poo

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Stereotype posted:

The media in this country is racist as gently caress and loves Trump despite what they wring their hands about. 2020 is going to be about beating them as they try their hardest to defend him while pretending to be neutral.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 6, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I check my phone every morning in hopeful anticipation that he had a massive stroke overnight but so far no luck.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Farrier Theaks posted:

This is some flowers for algernon poo poo

I wonder when Foxbrain will be added to the DSM. Probably too late.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1114657299241558016?s=20

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I check my phone every morning in hopeful anticipation that he had a massive stroke overnight but so far no luck.

I'm the opposite, I keep getting messages asking me to head up departments in the trump admin and i'm sick of it. No don, I don't want to run HUD or the press corps, leave me alone.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

I'm the opposite, I keep getting messages asking me to head up departments in the trump admin and i'm sick of it. No don, I don't want to run HUD or the press corps, leave me alone.

Do it. Head the press corps and clown them so hard.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

everything is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Who would've guessed that anthropomorphized corruption would do something corrupt?