Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean true. but i don't know poo poo about the jewish faith and prayers and being the goon i am, that was the first thing that popped into my brain.

Copy pasted from Wikipedia since i didn't want to type them out, but it's a prayer we say (in song form) thanking God for what he did. Each line is followed by, "dayenu", which is "it would have been enough".

quote:

1) If He had brought us out of Egypt.
2) If He had executed justice upon the Egyptians.
3) If He had executed justice upon their gods.
4) If He had slain their first-born.
5) If He had given to us their health and wealth.
6) If He had split the sea for us.
7) If He had led us through on dry land.
8) If He had drowned our oppressors.
9) If He had provided for our needs in the wilderness for 40 years.
10) If He had fed us manna.
11) If He had given us Shabbat.
12) If He had led us to Mount Sinai.
13) If He had given us the Torah.
14) If He had brought us into the Land of Israel.
15) If He built the Temple for us.

So like, I can kinda understand doing what the guy did in a mocking or joking way (which is what I assume he was doing because i can't live in a country where people do it seriously) when around friends in a private setting, but at a political conference where you know reporters are there?
Just what the poo poo.

E: when I say joking way, I mean he hopefully meant it as a tongue in cheek "haha, trump is so awesome but like we wouldn't really do this, right?"
I know in my heart of hearts that I'm wrong though. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pembroke Fuse posted:

I don't really have a problem with banning the far right off the internet in general, even if they whinge about it.

Agreed. Toxic discourse is not entitled to a platform, and the right is only capable of toxic discourse.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Copy pasted from Wikipedia since i didn't want to type them out, but it's a prayer we say (in song form) thanking God for what he did. Each line is followed by, "dayenu", which is "it would have been enough".

So like, I can kinda understand doing what the guy did in a mocking or joking way (which is what I assume he was doing because i can't live in a country where people do it seriously) when around friends in a private setting, but at a political conference where you know reporters are there?
Just what the poo poo.

E: when I say joking way, I mean he hopefully meant it as a tongue in cheek "haha, trump is so awesome but like we wouldn't really do this, right?"
I know in my heart of hearts that I'm wrong though. :negative:

jesus. reactionaries are the loving worse.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. As bad as Manchin is, hes still a D in a heavily red state at a time when democrats need senators.

I doubt that vacant seat will be picked up by a democrat.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I asked some boomers this weekend at which point is it ok to actively try to stop fox news from spreading propaganda and they said never because freedom of speech.

I'm not sure what to make of that. What is the line, when they're already defending putting kids in camp and committing genocide?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

RuanGacho posted:

I asked some boomers this weekend at which point is it ok to actively try to stop fox news from spreading propaganda and they said never because freedom of speech.

I'm not sure what to make of that. What is the line, when they're already defending putting kids in camp and committing genocide?

When Fox News calls for their social security and medicare to be taken away.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Taerkar posted:

So every day?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Taerkar posted:

Easy solution. Paper bag test for social security. Or the less obvious - keep raising the minimum age to just above the median life expectancy for African Americans.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

No, it only calls for it to be taken away from younger generations so that theirs remains intact.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Taerkar posted:

No, it only calls for it to be taken away from younger generations so that theirs remains intact.

Only if you "earn" medicine, because that's a product for sale, not a right.

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

one of my good buddies from high school is in that band. had no idea they did a song about miller.

Tell your good buddy he's in one of my (you know, guy from the internet) favorite bands.

And yeah, I think that song came out in the past few days, but it's perfect.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

RuanGacho posted:

I asked some boomers
Here’s where you went wrong btw

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Charlz Guybon posted:

18. I don't think this can be done without a constitutional amendment

https://twitter.com/BrennanCenter/status/1114684965319581696
I think the states just require the returns to get on the ballot (which is not, AFAIK, unconstitutional). You'd only need a handful of states to do it - just one battleground state, really - to make it a de facto requirement.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Charlz Guybon posted:

18. I don't think this can be done without a constitutional amendment

https://twitter.com/BrennanCenter/status/1114684965319581696

It's really bothering me that Bush is the only one who is A) The wrong color and B) A different shade of blue

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1114897567593181185

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pelosi, Hoyer, Harris, and Schumer should be forced to explain how that is acceptable.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

On December 11, he and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi went to the White House for an immigration meeting with the president. Before long came the moment that would leave Republicans grimacing. Badgered by Schumer over who would be responsible if the government shut down, Trump decided to own it. “I’ll tell you what, I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems, and drugs pouring into our country,” the president said. “So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down.”

The meeting was a smashing success for Democrats and an undeniable train wreck for Republicans; there was near unanimity about that on Capitol Hill, even among many of the president’s aides. The president had a different view. After the meeting, Trump told House Speaker Paul Ryan that the “ratings were great. This is why I was so good at The Apprentice,” he said.

“There are ratings for this stuff?” Ryan asked, seemingly baffled by the remark.

“There are ratings for everything,” Trump said.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
He literally gives no shits about anything but ratings; even if people watched to mock or make fun of him, he does not seem to care. To a narcissist like Trump, there is no such thing as negative attention.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ratings are the only metric Trump thinks is important. More talking about him on TV means more winning

I'm pretty sure he's made multiple president tweets that include a "The ratings are in" comment

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ricecult posted:

Tell your good buddy he's in one of my (you know, guy from the internet) favorite bands.

And yeah, I think that song came out in the past few days, but it's perfect.

he's the bass player (played guitar in high school). it's weird when i see them getting press and poo poo.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

idgi?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Terror baby

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Iranian babies are terrorists

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone have that vile comic of a pregnant Muslim woman with a bomb as her stomach?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone have that vile comic of a pregnant Muslim woman with a bomb as her stomach?

why would you even ask for this

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This is some genocidal, ethic cleaning bullshit and I wish it were possible to do something to hold them accountable without social blowback.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If infants can't be terrorists, why do I insist on bombing them?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What were the ratings like for 9/11?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/07/politics/devin-nunes-justice-department/index.html

quote:

Nunes sending eight criminal referrals to Attorney General William Barr

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

lol for 4ever if Bob Mueller and James Comey are among the eight. God please :pray:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

nine-gear crow posted:

lol for 4ever if Bob Mueller and James Comey are among the eight. God please :pray:

-Robert Muelley III
-James Brien Comey Jr
-Andrew McCabe
-Lisa Page
-Peter Strzok
-Christopher Steele
-Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III
-Devin Nunes's Mom

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

-Robert Muelley III
-James Brien Comey Jr
-Andrew McCabe
-Lisa Page
-Peter Strzok
-Christopher Steele
-Devin Nunes's Mom

Let's be real here, Nunes would totally be the kind of ungrateful shitheel failworm who'd sue his mom.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

King Herrod is reincarnated as the Israeli Defense Force’s Twitter attaché what a wild world this is.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

-Robert Muelley III
-James Brien Comey Jr
-Andrew McCabe
-Lisa Page
-Peter Strzok
-Christopher Steele
-Devin Nunes's Mom

No Hillary Clinton? C'mon son.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

It looks more like a terror rear end.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That is obviously a bad terror tattoo on the hip of a lady with a narrow butt.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

enraged_camel posted:

why would you even ask for this

Because that’s literally what the IDF just tweeted in ASCII form?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

How does this loving clown still have any authority at all. These are all guaranteed to be complete jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen