Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

Marin Karin posted:

the first two atg albums are so loving good. people who only listen to slaughter are missing out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doocHNYFGHw

Wow you aren't joking. I'd never listened to their pre-Slaughter stuff but this is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gnumonic posted:

Wow you aren't joking. I'd never listened to their pre-Slaughter stuff but this is excellent.

Its some good poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74WOaWHkFxs

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
My friend pointed out that you can dress yourself head to toe in Behemoth merch and I don't feel well:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
they kinda went a little overboard with branding recently

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/09/behemoth-god-dog-food/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I find it really hard to give bands poo poo over merching heavily since it allows them to get more direct income they don't have to share with record companies.

Partly because I've read about just how bad Spotify fucks people who get tons of streams.

Besides, Behemoth is nowhere near as bad the Misfits. Or KISS or Slayer.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I find it really hard to give bands poo poo over merching heavily since it allows them to get more direct income they don't have to share with record companies.

Partly because I've read about just how bad Spotify fucks people who get tons of streams.

Besides, Behemoth is nowhere near as bad the Misfits. Or KISS or Slayer.

Yeah this + it’s so obnoxious and hilarious that I can’t even complain

BEHEMOTH BASKETBALL SHORTS

lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah this + it’s so obnoxious and hilarious that I can’t even complain

BEHEMOTH BASKETBALL SHORTS

lmao

hardcore bands have had basketball short merch for years now. that poo poo barely even registers on the kooky scale nowadays. Show me some Mare Cognitum telescopes or Wiegedood crib liners or Wormrot brand potting soil.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spanish Manlove posted:

Wormrot goat food

fixed

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Showing up to my next 35 y/o and up rec league basketball game in that outfit ready to go hard in the paint.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
I'm not even a behemoth fan and I kind of want that jersey.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The jersey is admittedly sick until you see the price

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nazzadan posted:

The jersey is admittedly sick until you see the price

beyond announcing to the public you like behemoth?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

I don't think the public gives anywhere near the poo poo that some goons do

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The best piece of Behemoth merch is undeniably the Nergal figurine, which looks like one of those bits of cheap plastic poo poo padding out "collector's editions" of video games

it is $149

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

truly a fate worse than death

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Spanish Manlove posted:

hardcore bands have had basketball short merch for years now. that poo poo barely even registers on the kooky scale nowadays. Show me some Mare Cognitum telescopes or Wiegedood crib liners or Wormrot brand potting soil.

Last time I saw Dying Fetus, they had hotpants for sale. (Un)fortunately they weren't allowed to bring the "Wrong One To gently caress With"-branded switchblades to Europe.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KozmoNaut posted:

Last time I saw Dying Fetus, they had hotpants for sale. (Un)fortunately they weren't allowed to bring the "Wrong One To gently caress With"-branded switchblades to Europe.

Did the hot pants at least say wrong one to gently caress with? Condoms would work too.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

teen bear posted:

The album is very good and he also seems to be in a much better place mentally these days which is nice too

Look, a small girl weilding a stratocaster playing the first note then millions of CGI people, all of which are beautiful and young who are smiling and are hopeful for the future of humanity, jamming to a Michael Jackson song while being on a asteroid faraway from the Earth with cheap rear end static elephant and gorilla CGI models playing the bass and drums instead of actual musicians and some old fuckin stale rear end dude being like fuckin Bono but all alone on a stage and there's choir vocals where his voice should be and remember together remember to gether

gently caress this gimmick poo poo and gently caress you.

I've been holding it in for days lol

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 8, 2019

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I'm the sock

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mr. Pickles posted:

Look, a small girl weilding a stratocaster playing the first note then millions of CGI people, all of which are beautiful and young who are smiling and are hopeful for the future of humanity, jamming to a Michael Jackson song while being on a asteroid faraway from the Earth with cheap rear end static elephant and gorilla CGI models playing the bass and drums instead of actual musicians and some old fuckin stale rear end dude being like fuckin Bono but all alone on a stage and there's choir vocals where his voice should be and remember together remember to gether

It’s really great.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Snowy posted:

Did the hot pants at least say wrong one to gently caress with? Condoms would work too.

They said "Dying Fetus", which by itself should be enough to scare away the vast majority of people. I'm pretty sure they regret choosing the most 3edgy5me band name they could come up with when they started.

On a slightly different subject, Defeated Sanity, Implore and Rotten Sound absolutely blew me away this weekend at Royal Metal Fest. They played at the smallest venue, but that just meant they could get right up in our faces and the pits were absolutely insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttdQnPakmPQ

Also, the venue had a VHS copy of LOTR playing on an old-rear end TV by the entrance :coal:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 8, 2019

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s really great.

I don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Malaria posted:

I like Slough Feg a lot(going to see them in Detroit in June!!!). They kinda remind me of them a bit. What else is there?

Skyclad!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mr. Pickles posted:

I don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

jokes on you because it’s actually YOUR favorite band that sucks!!! :boom::burger::boom::burger:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Hell yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw-fX56FacE

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Kilometers Davis posted:

jokes on you because it’s actually YOUR favorite band that sucks!!! :boom::burger::boom::burger:

I'm so mad rn :killing:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Re: absurd merch, I have a Carnifex weed grinder and I'm like 90% sure my ex has a Nightwish scarf. Nile and Behemoth have also sold scarves I believe.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr. Pickles posted:

I've been holding it in for days lol

You seem like you had a fun weekend. Did you go anywhere special?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KozmoNaut posted:

They said "Dying Fetus", which by itself should be enough to scare away the vast majority of people. I'm pretty sure they regret choosing the most 3edgy5me band name they could come up with when they started.

i remember an interview with john gallagher from a few years back where he was basically like yeah it's pretty dumb but it'd hurt them more if they changed it at this point

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Re: absurd merch, I have a Carnifex weed grinder and I'm like 90% sure my ex has a Nightwish scarf. Nile and Behemoth have also sold scarves I believe.

I see your weed grinder and raise you a :nws: Dragged Into Sunlight rolling tray :nws:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

You seem like you had a fun weekend. Did you go anywhere special?

Not really, I just missed posting on the forums

But I did receive my new pair of regal tip 5As in the mail this morning, so can't complain

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 8, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr. Pickles posted:

But I did receive my new pair of regal tip 5As in the mail this morning, so can't complain

Oh nice! Post a pic, I'd love to see them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nothing will ever top the Rammstein dildo's modeled after each members cock.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vintersorg posted:

Which of them was the right one to gently caress with?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spanish Manlove posted:

Which of them was the right one to gently caress with?

:golfclap:

Vintersorg posted:

I looked this up and lmao that’s the best thing

Mr. Pickles posted:

Of course you’re a drummer

:love:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

Oh nice! Post a pic, I'd love to see them.

p. sure I'm being trolled but here they are :burger:
https://imgur.com/ZyFPstN

Kilometers Davis posted:

Of course you’re a drummer
:love:
OFC, hopefully someday I'll be a learned one too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr. Pickles posted:

p. sure I'm being trolled but here they are :burger:
https://imgur.com/ZyFPstN

OFC, hopefully someday I'll be a learned one too.

Nah I am genuinely curious. Do you notice a huge difference in synthetic tips over wood tips? I'd love to learn how to drum but I don't have the space for it so I've just used superior drummer. It gets the job done but it feels like cheating.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

i remember an interview with john gallagher from a few years back where he was basically like yeah it's pretty dumb but it'd hurt them more if they changed it at this point

Too Late to gently caress With

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I interviewed the frontman from Diarrhea Planet once and he said basically the same thing. Both bands have become about as popular as you can get with that style of music but it does probably affect merch sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Nightwish is Finnish, we actually need scarves.