Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

twoday posted:

Yes, just by like 3 minutes

There will be more art in the future

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

twoday posted:

The sailor prints are done! Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in them.

sent you some shipping funds just now, looking forward to my sweet print

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

twoday posted:

You always have a lot of interesting things to read, I love Lithgow.

Alright, I am curious to help you with this thought experiment, and I think I follow up until the mirrors, what would be reflecting, exactly?

Thank you for responding to my idle fancies

What I was thinking was the original doomguy sprite. You may or may not remember how these 2 1/2 dimensional engines work: animated pixels display a little animation in relation to where you are. You can imagine the pixel as a little octagon, where depending on where the player is displays one side to the player. Of course, to our modern eyes, the transition from one face to another is harsh, it just bangs from FRONT - 45 DEGREE ANGLE - SIDE - 135 DEGREE ANGLE - BACK.

Anyway, my fancy here is wondering if you could construct a box around a doom marine action figure so it provides that same harsh transition between views, and just spitballin', it didn't seem impossible to me that clever use of mirrors could accomplish the effect.

Also, more stuff to read: Jezebel published this except from a forthcoming book on conspiracy theories in America, and the author draws a direct line between Qanon and “nocturnal ritual fantasy”, from the DnD panic to Medieval pogroms against Jews.

She links to this Medieval paper on "ritual fantasy" and it's very much up the book of CSPAM's alley: “Pizzagate” and the Nocturnal Ritual Fantasy: Imaginary Cults, Fake News, and Real Violence

Nebakenezzer has issued a correction as of 17:06 on Apr 6, 2019

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:toot:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
:golfclap:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

twoday
May 4, 2005

Did you get the one I sent you, Mayor Dave?

twoday
May 4, 2005

quoting myself for posterity

twoday posted:

Plinkey posted:

the post office was not too nice to it, but i will remmeber

The damage incurred by shipping is a part of the art, and it is intentionally included as a part of the artpiece so as to remind the viewer to look beyond the mere image that is portrayed, towards its context and the circumstances which created it. Just as the offset reproductions of the image are misaligned, recalling the frenzied atmosphere of the trump thread which inspired their creation, so too are the wrinkles and folds left in the print by the mail carrier meant to evoke a sense of haphazardness. Sloppy mailmen, shoddy envelopes, improvised processes, weird ideas: the piece embraces all aspects of chaos in 2019 America, the world which spawned it.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I have access to the book of c spam again and will work on it as soon as I find my ink

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i got my sailor but someone elses username was in the envelope

twoday
May 4, 2005

It’s a part of the experience

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

yeah its good

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

twoday posted:

Did you get the one I sent you, Mayor Dave?

Yeah I remember sailor

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

twoday posted:

I have access to the book of c spam again and will work on it as soon as I find my ink

The Bind tromop people decided their next mass global hexing will target Stephen Miller. Make sure a page of the book includes that.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
check out this weird thing that appeared in my mailbox! i was expecting a canvas print, but through the eldritch magics of toormrp, it has transmogrified into a shimmering golden rainbow

the image seems oddly familiar, but when i try to recall where i've seen it before, the memory eludes me. no matter. it's pretty

twoday
May 4, 2005

Don’t get it wet or feed it after midnight

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

Don’t get it wet or feed it after midnight

the same thing new secret service agents are told

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

o drat look at this color sensation

twoday
May 4, 2005

When I posted my calligraphy in the trump thread someone said I should try block prints. When I posted my block prints someone said I should try engraving.

I think I am going to finish this drawing and make it into an etching on a metal plate. I recently learned that someone I know has a 19th century printing press in their basement, so that should work pretty well.

The only thing is, I am still not sure what to draw on the other side of the bear and the fire. It is supposed to be the Californian coast, but I am not sure what to draw there. Beachside villas? An almond farm? Any ideas would be appreciated.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

o drat look at this color sensation

I'm really proud of those

twoday
May 4, 2005

I am happy to see how much you all seem to treasure my artwork, it is a great joy to make it and send it to people who value it.

The book is taking a while, but I hope that it will similarly enshrine c-spam culture and serve as valued reflection of our rich community.

and FYI I threw the sailor block into the ocean, so stop messaging me asking for sailor prints, there will be no more unless the sea vomits it back upon the shore

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

When I posted my calligraphy in the trump thread someone said I should try block prints. When I posted my block prints someone said I should try engraving.

I think I am going to finish this drawing and make it into an etching on a metal plate. I recently learned that someone I know has a 19th century printing press in their basement, so that should work pretty well.

The only thing is, I am still not sure what to draw on the other side of the bear and the fire. It is supposed to be the Californian coast, but I am not sure what to draw there. Beachside villas? An almond farm? Any ideas would be appreciated.

As someone who's first job was operating a 19th century printing press... Good luck, they're a pain in the rear end. When I was doing stuff.. They were basically good for printing dumb text for religious cards and nothing else

twoday
May 4, 2005

I didn't realize you were 200 years old, you do a pretty good job of keeping up with the music trends

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

I didn't realize you were 200 years old, you do a pretty good job of keeping up with the music trends

lol, it was a family business and I used to arrange the dumb font blocks into this bigger wood block thing for printing when I was like 10.

In further searches, I see that the equipment I used (the one with the giant wheel), probably isn't the one you'd be using. The giant wheel things were a pain in the rear end that had so many problems

twoday
May 4, 2005

This is one of the ones that is giant block attached with a giant screw that you crank down. This person also has experience with etching images into knives, so they have the necessary acids and such to do metal plate engraving. I will document the process and possibly ask you for advice.

twoday
May 4, 2005

also lol that you have lived the life of a child-labor printer's apprentice from the victorian era

I used to have to shovel coal into the furnace to keep the house warm in the winter when I lived in appalachia

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, that one sounds different the. We had this giant wood block and we had to put the individual letters (metal things) backwards into the block in order to print stuff... I guess it was the way they used to do newspapers but we really only ever did stuff for dumb chvrches and poo poo

twoday
May 4, 2005

I would totally print the book of c spam this way if I could afford the equipment

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

There’s a cool book museum in Antwerp called the Plantin-Moretus House that used to be a publisher. It even has a functional press.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Yeah, I've been wanting to go there since I saw it in a documentary, seems amazing

I realize now that if i have access to a printing press the only thing I would need is the letter type. Maybe I can finish this engraving and sell it to raise the money to buy a set, and then I can start reprinting shitposts gutenburg style.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
just put up a gofundme

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

I would totally print the book of c spam this way if I could afford the equipment

The video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLctAw4JZXE

twoday
May 4, 2005

90% of gofundme is used to pay for people’s cancer treatments in place of an adequate healthcare system and

A) I don’t want to compete with cancer patients for attention and money
B) I would prefer to keep my art and funding limited to the underground and elite c-spam community, that’s why I didn’t just stop posting and make an Etsy page
C) I want to make that etching anyway, so I should do that first, and that will raise adequate funds
D) no reason to do start another major project before finishing that etching, otherwise I will never finish the etching

I have been making this artwork as a part of this subforum, in this subforum, for this subforum. It’s been working out fine

twoday
May 4, 2005

The book of c-spam must be created within the realm of c-spam, otherwise it’s just some book

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Your last posts are true and I want to contribute but don't know how :negative:

twoday
May 4, 2005

2DCAT posted:

I want to contribute but don't know how :negative:

:justpost:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Mycroft Holmes posted:

just put up a gofundme

Everyone should listen to the leftist goon-made podcast “your kickstarter sucks” to learn of the evils of crowdfunding culture and modern capitalism in general

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

everyone who wants a copy of the book of c-spam should instead build a component of a printing press and send it to twoday

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
thank you for the sailor twoday! I love it and plan on getting it framed and hung in my office at work to make sure my coworkers never forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
This thread is an inspiration and you're doing God's work.