Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Barudak posted:

You found the corpse of your giant snake impaled? Is your ex girlfriend a SOLDIER or something?

A Mungo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For going to 'expensive' restaurants in sweatpants and a lovely t-shirt?
It's in Seattle if that matters. It seems people are a lot more casual here.

I was eating at a steakhouse I like and there was a family there who were there for like an anniversary or wedding or something. Bunch of people all dressed up obviously big get to do.

I didn't think much about it at the time but I was talking to some people online and they said that you have like a basic responsibility to dress up at least a little at these places. The atmosphere is a big part of the experience and that I'm kind of ruining that. Also that it shows lack of 'respect' for people around me.

AITA?

EDIT: How do I flair as rear end in a top hat?

I totally don't get why people care about the atmosphere (I'm there for the food) but if they care and I'm not respecting that...I'm the rear end in a top hat.

I'll be ordering my food ahead of time and leaving with it from now on.

quote:

I have autism if that matters.

quote:

It's nowhere near a family run restaraunt.

I spend on average 300 dollars when I go and that's by myself.

But I'm fat and eat for two.

quote:

i've never had food with anyone and idk anyone

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I think reptiles are dumb pets but Jesus the gall of killing/abandoning someone else's pet and thinking it should be fine.

What the hell is it with people who ask their SO to get rid of a pet in the first place anyway? gently caress, I never had pets when I was single, but if I had, that would have been an instant dealbreaker. Not because of putting animals above humans or whatever, but because if you expect someone to break a bond they have with their pet for your sake then you're a selfish rear end in a top hat who should not be in a relationship until you get over yourself.

Kidnapping and abandoning the poor snake is just "complete human garbage" territory. And I can't stand pet snakes either, but still.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Speaking of which, I just recalled a plaque in a local zoo, that read, that something like "This Cobra was found in a park. Somebody left it there in a cardboard box"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Went from being mad at this guy to feeling sorry for him.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
300 dollars sounds like a lot more than two servings at a steakhouse.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

quote:

EDIT: How do I flair as rear end in a top hat?

You kinda pretend your going poop and like flex back and forth and....

For real though, I got nothing but respect for this dude.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Power Khan posted:

anyone else remember that post a while back where a dude suspected that his son was raping the dog and then found out he was, told his wife and she thought he was using it to cover his tracks because he was raping the dog and kicked him out of the house and then she found out her son was. I member

Happily, that was confirmed to be fake after a few updates.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

dudeness posted:

For real though, I got nothing but respect for this dude.

Yeah same honestly. He's living his best (terrible, hilariously stereotypical) life and y'know what he should be able to eat at the Keg in sweatpants if he wants.

if it's a nice steakhouse though.... Ehhhhh. He still shouldn't have to order his food ahead of time and hide from the world though just wear nicer clothes Jesus Christ.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I've never been axe throwing, seems too much like a millennial trope.

Is that a common gag at those places, like they'll make the pictures for you? Did the husband plan ahead and snag or print a photograph?

I could imagine if it's some bizarre passive-aggressive poo poo like smashing cake in someone's face, which I'd still think is hosed up, but it sounds like he went out of his way to demonstrate his comedic domestic violence.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

I've never been axe throwing, seems too much like a millennial trope.

Is that a common gag at those places, like they'll make the pictures for you? Did the husband plan ahead and snag or print a photograph?

I could imagine if it's some bizarre passive-aggressive poo poo like smashing cake in someone's face, which I'd still think is hosed up, but it sounds like he went out of his way to demonstrate his comedic domestic violence.

He drew a picture of her and then gave her one of him, so he probably just thought it was a funny thing they could do together. I guess if they weren't currently have marriage issues it probably would've been funnier.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Maybe he thought it would be funny because they're having marriage problems. Maybe that's why they're having marriage problems.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

He drew a picture of her and then gave her one of him, so he probably just thought it was a funny thing they could do together. I guess if they weren't currently have marriage issues it probably would've been funnier.

Yeah it sounds to me like something that’d be fine in a good relationship, but horrible in a bad / mediocre one. Like, I could see a couple doing something like that and laughing about it. Something like “oh man, you got me right in the fuckin eye!” or something. But it’s definitely the kinda thing where you need to know your significant other and know what will/won’t upset them, etc.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

If the steakhouse doesn't throw you out for wearing sweats than just eat your massive plates of steak in your sweats while making direct eye contact with any other customer stares

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Power Khan posted:

Speaking of which, I just recalled a plaque in a local zoo, that read, that something like "This Cobra was found in a park. Somebody left it there in a cardboard box"

Poor thing. Bet it got cold :(

I guess I have more compassion for the critters in these stories than the dumbasses.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Being in a bad marriage seems like it really sucks

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not letting my fiancé take a vacation to celebrate her graduation?

My fiancé will be graduating soon. I’ve been the sole income earner the entire time she’s been in school. It’s actually been really lovely, I don’t make a ton of money so we haven’t been able to do anything fun for a long time now considering I’m squirreling away all extra money for our future wedding.

Over the weekend she brought up taking a vacation after her graduation to celebrate. I told her there’s no way my boss would give me the time off and we can’t afford it even if he could. She said I could at least try and if I couldn’t then she could go with her sister. That she deserves some time to recharge before jumping into the work force because who knows how long it’ll be before she could take time like that for herself. As far as paying for it, she wants to dip into our wedding savings.

I didn’t expect her to start working the day after graduating or anything, but this is ridiculous. When exactly do I get time to “recharge”? I’ve been covering everything and putting aside money for our wedding and now I’m supposed to be ok using that hard earned money to foot the bill for a beach vaycay for her and her sister?

I told her there’s no way, but she’s not hearing me. She already knows where she wants to go and is giving me bullshit about how the wedding fund is both of our money, she should be able to use some of it. I’m hoping this is just one of her crazy moments and she comes back around to reality. I’m proud of what she’s accomplished, but more cake and party proud, not week long vacation at a resort proud.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for humiliating my best friend's girlfriend with an butt tattoo?

I (23m) am a tattoo artist (using a throwaway because my main reddit has my work username) and so is my best friend (24m). He has been dating a girl for just over a year, and she's a bit timid in behaviour. She is quite insecure and doesn't really like jokes about her, but I get on with her really well and I've done most of her tattoos.

My buddy and I do a lot of tattoos for each other as gifts or just for a laugh, and the other day we decided to give each other silly little tattoos that we would cover up with bigger pieces we're planning in a few months time. We do this quite a lot - as people with a ton of tattoos, we don't really see a problem with getting tattoo cover ups or removal.

Anyway, he gave me a silly tattoo of an inside joke, and I thought that was kinda sweet, to be honest. When it was my turn to get him back, he gets his rear end out because he's planning a backpiece that goes down onto his rear end and will cover this one.

So, I decide to give him a tattoo of my name in a love heart, just basic linework with no colour. The thing is, my name is Connor. His girlfriend's last name is O'Connor. This didn't really click with me at the time. Basically, I give him this silly tattoo and when his girlfriend sees it, she briefly reads it as her last name (not wanting to lean down and look up close at his rear end in a studio full of men) and she takes it as some sort of dedication of his love to her. She tears up a little bit with happiness, and then it gets awkward.

All of us are initially confused as to why she's so happy about this, and then it clicks. One of our other pals lets her know that it's my name and not her's, and she immediately starts balling with embarrassment and runs out of the shop. My buddy feels awful about it and he goes after her after I've wrapped the tattoo.

She says that she feels humiliated and she doesn't want to be around me for being heartless and not seeing the connection, but I really didn't mean it offensively.

So, AITA for accidentally humiliating my best friend's girlfriend?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I think reptiles are dumb pets

Tegus are like cold-blooded doggies, but every other lizard is bad.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Give her what she needs, then drain the rest of it when she leaves and dump her through a text message

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (23m) am a tattoo artist (using a throwaway because my main reddit has my work username) and so is my best friend (24m). He has been dating a girl for just over a year, and she's a bit timid in behaviour. She is quite insecure and doesn't really like jokes about her, but I get on with her really well and I've done most of her tattoos.

My buddy and I do a lot of tattoos for each other as gifts or just for a laugh, and the other day we decided to give each other silly little tattoos that we would cover up with bigger pieces we're planning in a few months time. We do this quite a lot - as people with a ton of tattoos, we don't really see a problem with getting tattoo cover ups or removal.

Anyway, he gave me a silly tattoo of an inside joke, and I thought that was kinda sweet, to be honest. When it was my turn to get him back, he gets his rear end out because he's planning a backpiece that goes down onto his rear end and will cover this one.

So, I decide to give him a tattoo of my name in a love heart, just basic linework with no colour. The thing is, my name is Connor. His girlfriend's last name is O'Connor. This didn't really click with me at the time. Basically, I give him this silly tattoo and when his girlfriend sees it, she briefly reads it as her last name (not wanting to lean down and look up close at his rear end in a studio full of men) and she takes it as some sort of dedication of his love to her. She tears up a little bit with happiness, and then it gets awkward.

All of us are initially confused as to why she's so happy about this, and then it clicks. One of our other pals lets her know that it's my name and not her's, and she immediately starts balling with embarrassment and runs out of the shop. My buddy feels awful about it and he goes after her after I've wrapped the tattoo.

She says that she feels humiliated and she doesn't want to be around me for being heartless and not seeing the connection, but I really didn't mean it offensively.

lmao

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lol me and my homie giving each other cute funny rear end tattoos

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My fiancé will be graduating soon. I’ve been the sole income earner the entire time she’s been in school. It’s actually been really lovely, I don’t make a ton of money so we haven’t been able to do anything fun for a long time now considering I’m squirreling away all extra money for our future wedding.

Over the weekend she brought up taking a vacation after her graduation to celebrate. I told her there’s no way my boss would give me the time off and we can’t afford it even if he could. She said I could at least try and if I couldn’t then she could go with her sister. That she deserves some time to recharge before jumping into the work force because who knows how long it’ll be before she could take time like that for herself. As far as paying for it, she wants to dip into our wedding savings.

I didn’t expect her to start working the day after graduating or anything, but this is ridiculous. When exactly do I get time to “recharge”? I’ve been covering everything and putting aside money for our wedding and now I’m supposed to be ok using that hard earned money to foot the bill for a beach vaycay for her and her sister?

I told her there’s no way, but she’s not hearing me. She already knows where she wants to go and is giving me bullshit about how the wedding fund is both of our money, she should be able to use some of it. I’m hoping this is just one of her crazy moments and she comes back around to reality. I’m proud of what she’s accomplished, but more cake and party proud, not week long vacation at a resort proud.

This guy is an rear end in a top hat, but for a pretty good reason I think. I’m torn. I would let my fiancé go because I don’t give a poo poo about weddings. But I can see being bitter about it if I was a dick.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

also maybe I'm missing something about how tattoos work but unless his backpiece is just a giant black bar over all the prank poo poo his dumb buddies drew isn't there still going to be a big ol heart on his rear end saying Connor, just with a bunch of drawings of tigers or whatever around it

Errant Gin Monks posted:

This guy is an rear end in a top hat, but for a pretty good reason I think. I’m torn. I would let my fiancé go because I don’t give a poo poo about weddings. But I can see being bitter about it if I was a dick.

he's burned out as a caregiver and rather than doing anything to lighten the load she's rewarding herself with a nice vacation out of his savings. It's the kind of dynamic that typically ends in her dropping him like a sack of poo poo as soon as she starts making actual money off her degree anyway.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 8, 2019

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
They should just go on a smaller vacation together. Ta-da

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

also maybe I'm missing something about how tattoos work but unless his backpiece is just a giant black bar over all the prank poo poo his dumb buddies drew isn't there still going to be a big ol heart on his rear end saying CONNOR, just with a bunch of drawings of tigers or whatever around it
They draw the tigers over it. Google "tattoo cover-ups"

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I think this means you legally own your friend until he gets the tattoo removed. Take all of his assets and run.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

I think this means you legally own your friend until he gets the tattoo removed. Take all of his assets and run.

Oh great, now he has a complete basket case of a gf

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

DemoneeHo posted:

Take all of his rear end

:butt:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Oh I missed the drawn part. Still very contrived and weird. I don't get people.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA for divorcing husband over his past sperm donation?

Married for 8 years, have one child (3F) together

When we started dating he was very clear that he had donated sperm in the past

I never asked him how much but just assumed it was just a couple of kids

Actually ask him last week and he tells me the fertility centres last updated him at 47 kids

I was... Not expecting that many.

It's clearly my fault for not asking how many. At the time, I literally said I "didn't care" about his sperm donation and "didn't want to know", so I can't blame him for not telling me how many. I literally told him not to.

....But 47?! Christ!!!!

I can't stop thinking about all the problems this will cause when we're older.

WIBTA for divorcing him for something that he was very upfront about?!?!

Edit: I forgot to mention. All the kids are legally entitled to his contact details when they turn 18

"My husband sired 47 kids!"

"In a row?"

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

They should just go on a smaller vacation together. Ta-da

They draw the tigers over it. Google "tattoo cover-ups"

He offered to do something small and she said no, and he apparently can't get any time off work for anything bigger

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
re: vacation celebration, i blame our society's monstrous perversion of the concept that is known as "self care"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Honestly this depends a lot on what her degree is in and what her real-life potential earnings will actually be. If she's going to be banking serious $$$ in a highly employable field, then sure, go nuts and have fun with money that was earmarked for self-celebration anyway (although expect BF to be salty about it either way since that was supposed to be for mutual self-celebration) before diving into the workforce and paying BF back for his years of effort by letting him have a loving break to recharge too.

If she got a degree that isn't going to facilitate that, then yeah, you're a selfish dumbfuck who deserves a ticket to dumpsville and the soon to be ex-BF can take his half of the wedding fund to give himself a break too.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Blade Runner posted:

He offered to do something small and she said no, and he apparently can't get any time off work for anything bigger
He offered cake and a party, I'm suggesting they could probably swing a vacation over a long weekend within driving distance. However that's in a hypothetical world where they're both reasonable

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

gently caress Your Website posted:

Honestly this depends a lot on what her degree is in and what her real-life potential earnings will actually be. If she's going to be banking serious $$$ in a highly employable field, then sure, go nuts and have fun with money that was earmarked for self-celebration anyway (although expect BF to be salty about it either way since that was supposed to be for mutual self-celebration) before diving into the workforce and paying BF back for his years of effort by letting him have a loving break to recharge too.

If she got a degree that isn't going to facilitate that, then yeah, you're a selfish dumbfuck who deserves a ticket to dumpsville and the soon to be ex-BF can take his half of the wedding fund to give himself a break too.

Honestly it sounds like the wedding fund is all his money anyway. He should just take the money and leave.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

DemoneeHo posted:

"My husband sired 47 kids!"

"In a row?"

Ever heard of that story of how ~16 million people today in central asia across the steppes trace their ancestry back to a single dude that lived in the time of the mongol conquest?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Really the thing with 47 kids isn't a big deal to me. It's not like he went out there, got with a ton of women and had kids without paying child support. He just donated genetic material.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

"Our money"-ing the savings for the purpose of going on vacation without your SO seems like a pretty strong red flag. She didn't earn any of that money, and unlike, say, a stay-at-home parent she wasn't helping him make it. Seems like something that would only get worse after getting married.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My (24M) girlfriend (23M) has a world map plaque with pins showing where she has had sex. It angers me. Am I petty?

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been dating since last summer, "official" since December. I believe that we have a deep connection, which so far has yielded a seemingly endless supply of mutual love and affection. We're both young, and she still attends university. Moving in together is a shared goal of ours, but not feasible at this time. She shares an apartment with some ladies who are also students. On their wall, there's a plaque showing a world map, it has pins all over, in different colours. At first I thought nothing of it, perhaps it was just a map showing where they want to travel? One day I asked, and she got very reluctant to tell me what the pins represent. She said I'd get angry — a mood I seldom find myself in. My curiosity got the best of me, and I kept asking until she explained what the pins meant. Each of the residents in the apartment had their own unique color, and the placement of the pin is where they've had sex in the world. Of course my girlfriend was the one to have pins spread far apart, and many. I did not like it. I felt like I didn't know my girlfriend. The plaque is there for all who come visit to see. God forbid them hosting a party and a curious soul comes and lay their eyes on this map.

I understand that I cannot blame my partner for whatever she has done before we became a couple. But I feel incredibly uncomfortable about her embracing it in this way. Whenever I come visit, I get reminded of her past sexual encounters in exotic foreign countries. The opportunity for us to travel and have sex around the world is not really present at the moment. So in a way, I feel lesser. The little I know of her exes is that they all carry some horrible traits which has led to suffering on her part, which of course pains me to hear about. But then she embraces her sexual history with them in this manner so I constantly have to be reminded of the pain she went through.

Is there some validity to my feelings? Is this indicative of a potentially unhealthy relationship? Should I engage in a conversation with her about this whole ordeal and maybe ask her to remove the pins? Or perhaps I'm just petty and I should let all this go?

TL;DR
My girlfriend who share an apartment with other college students have a plaque of a world map with pins showing where in the world they've had sex. I feel uncomfortable about her embracing her past sexual relationships in this way. I don't know if I'm just petty and pathetic if I confront her about it and perhaps ask her to take her pins down.

EDIT: strikethrough on a question which was far too dramatic on my part. I'm hoping the focus of discussion can revolve around if this is too petty to have a discussion with my girlfriend about. Otherwise many thanks for all replies so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guildencrantz posted:

What the hell is it with people who ask their SO to get rid of a pet in the first place anyway? gently caress, I never had pets when I was single, but if I had, that would have been an instant dealbreaker. Not because of putting animals above humans or whatever, but because if you expect someone to break a bond they have with their pet for your sake then you're a selfish rear end in a top hat who should not be in a relationship until you get over yourself.

Kidnapping and abandoning the poor snake is just "complete human garbage" territory. And I can't stand pet snakes either, but still.

My cat, who is the best cat, was from someone who had to re-home him because her new husband hated him. He's an incredibly sweet cat. He has never done a bad thing in his life.