Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toebone posted:

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1115288622574575616?s=19

"*Please note that The Adventure Zone shows on this tour may not feature a story from the Balance arc."

Nothing in Texas

It's not like the McElroys are unique to this, but it has always baffled me how often traveling shows will skip a state as large as Texas. It takes effort to skip the thing, it's so huge. Ah well. I saw them when they last came by, which should last me a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
similarly, is there a reason they basically never come to los angeles, i mean

what the gently caress dudes

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
They don't seem to like the West coast much.

Like they dunk on Vegas sucking constantly and it actually kinda hurts.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Baltimore shafted again :mad:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Baltimore shafted again :mad:

Philly finally gets a show, but I don't know that I'd have the patience to sit through one anymore.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Isn’t it pretty much based on viewership numbers? Like I imagine Houston will never get another show even if we are the 4th largest city in the country since we didn’t even get close to selling out our show.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Holy poo poo, they're coming to the Kimmel Center in Philly? That's a HUGE venue -- likely close the largest they've ever played. Also one of the most prestigious. That's good for them

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Isn’t it pretty much based on viewership numbers? Like I imagine Houston will never get another show even if we are the 4th largest city in the country since we didn’t even get close to selling out our show.

Yeah they've said don't ask us to do a place get more people to download in that area so we know there's an audience.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

Supercar Gautier posted:

They haven't definitively said what they'll do, but what they did say is:
-Griff may be running out of steam on ideas for one-offs for the Balance characters
-There's a tension between that and the fact that the Balance characters are who audiences pay to see.
-Live shows might be a place to try one-session games like Four Sherlocks and Honey Heist

Does anyone know where they released their Honey Heist play? In this TTAZZ I thought they said it was a donor thing, but I can't find it in the Max Fun donor feed.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

this one seems kinda geographically limited, cuz they ain't coming up to Boston this time (which sells out in fuckin minutes every time)

e:

Tambreet posted:

Does anyone know where they released their Honey Heist play? In this TTAZZ I thought they said it was a donor thing, but I can't find it in the Max Fun donor feed.
I think it's just called "The Adventure Zone (MaxFunDrive 2019)"

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 8, 2019

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tambreet posted:

It's in there. It's not labelled "Honey Heist", it's just listed as "The Adventure Zone (MaxFunDrive 2019)".

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Glad to see them coming back to Chicago. I don't think I can make my schedule work for both shows so Ill have to pick one.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

omg chael crash posted:

Holy poo poo, they're coming to the Kimmel Center in Philly? That's a HUGE venue -- likely close the largest they've ever played. Also one of the most prestigious. That's good for them

At first I thought maybe Verizon Hall was one of the smaller side theaters that are in the complex, but holy poo poo it's the orchestra hall.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
C'mon McElroy's you gonna leave out your home at the Wilbur?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Yeah color me surprised that they're skipping Boston, because Boston show tickets sell out in like 10 minutes. I can only assume the theater was booked up.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I've tried for years to get tickets to the Wilbur. I know exactly how popular that venue is. Maybe New York is easier? I wish the fans wouldn't buy tickets to multiple shows.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Look at all these loving Americans complaining that the McElroys don't come close enough.

:(

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Yea I’m really surprised the brothers haven’t done at least a London show

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Not Operator posted:

Look at all these loving Americans complaining that the McElroys don't come close enough.

:(

I don't disagree. They should accommodate their whole audience, which being a podcast is probably anyone who can understand English (and listens to the show).

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 8, 2019

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the perfect place for another TAZ sherlock holmes adventure

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Riddle Me Piss

is

GOOD

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
*quiet mumbling and judging glances rips through an otherwise silent crowd*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

call the police because this week's mbmbam opens with justin being killed by the riddlemaster

e: good to see gary is still around after wishing for a gary-free world, and he's big on pizza

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 8, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gary is cool as hell

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God they really did miss fidget spinners by like a fuckin' week on this teens episode

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
are fidget spinners still a thing? ironically what once made the episode extremely dated might now have the opposite effect

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Toebone posted:

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1115288622574575616?s=19

"*Please note that The Adventure Zone shows on this tour may not feature a story from the Balance arc."

Hell yeah a show on Philly *checks calendar* why the hell does it have to be on a Tuesday :(

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

um excuse me posted:

I don't disagree. They should accommodate their whole audience, which being a podcast is probably anyone who can understand English (and listens to the show).

Well there's "should" and then there's "the cost and logistics of international travel for three young fathers."

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I would absolutely love if the brothers came to Canada.

Not British Columbia though. For people who live further east, that might as well be in another country.

But I guess there just aren't enough listeners here :(

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Make a bot that downloads a million times through a VPN

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Morpheus posted:

I would absolutely love if the brothers came to Canada.

Not British Columbia though. For people who live further east, that might as well be in another country.

But I guess there just aren't enough listeners here :(

TORONTO! LISTEN!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

I mean it's the perfect opportunity to get that sound clip played ad nauseam.

I'd take a day off to drive from Ottawa on a weekday just to attend.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Toronto is SO CLOSE to so many places they have gone. :smith:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If they go to Vancouver they could invite the other Justin McElroy as a guest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obzFkvpgHBI

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1115678921314447362

EDIT: This goes completely against the spirit of Frankensteinteen.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

But what if his character is a frankenstein? They got those in that show right? It's like castlevania with kissy faced boys?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I fear the day the McElroys are enveloped into the Omegaverse.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I fear the day the McElroys are enveloped into the Omegaverse.
WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
it is seriously not a good thing that travis is mobilizing his fanbase to harass a television production team. he needs to stop.