Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

LorneReams posted:

That's funny, I didn't think that type of grift was actually illegal.

Yeah it's another class warfare thing. If you're rich enough to get them a new building or whatever it's totally fine to buy your kid's way in, but a lousy 15k kickback is illegal.

This is a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

LorneReams posted:

They didn't go about the bribery the normal way.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1115076894309920776

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

sometimes I type poo poo instead of this. Actually, it's loving constantly. It's been a real problem in the workplace.

Come on, that's just lazy and mean.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 8, 2019

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Using "Making America Great Again" is probably his best option, but he won't do it because it implies he hasn't already accomplished everything he set out to do, and I don't think his fragile ego can handle that reminder being around him all the time.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dude doesn't want to invalidate his cash cow. OTOH, "Keep America Great" is going to look hilarious next a crashed economy and declining global influence.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Pakled posted:

Using "Making America Great Again" is probably his best option, but he won't do it because it implies he hasn't already accomplished everything he set out to do, and I don't think his fragile ego can handle that reminder being around him all the time.

I don't think he realizes how much of his support is based on theorized things people imagine he will do for them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1115292883425214470

that's an edit of the chirstchurch shooter.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Has "Keep America Great" been registered yet or can someone steal it before he decides?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
So would MAGA Chuds be KAG Chuds...?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

LorneReams posted:

What, bribery and fraud? Of course that poo poo is illegal, it's juts ~also~ not generally punished. What she's sorry about is getting caught.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

Has "Keep America Great" been registered yet or can someone steal it before he decides?

pretty sure they registered that the day after he won his election.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

I know that Nazi Pepes are now identifying as clowns because they've embraced the futility of life, but I still don't get this.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1115346557942022149

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Ague Proof posted:

I know that Nazi Pepes are now identifying as clowns because they've embraced the futility of life, but I still don't get this.

That's what gets me too, almost as much as the horrific ideology underpinning the creation of that kind of meme. It just seems... pointless?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

it's a bizarre way for them to deal with trump being an absolute embarrassment and failure.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

LorneReams posted:

Huffman and Macy were not bribing anyone. That $15k was for someone to go in and take their kid’s ACT for them. Still bad, but maybe not as bad and they probably didn’t commit tax fraud by calling it a charitable donation.

I’m guessing she’s pleading guilty because she got a deal with no jail time. The parents who aren’t pleading guilty were not offered a good deal. Sorry Aunt Becky.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Yeah it's another class warfare thing. If you're rich enough to get them a new building or whatever it's totally fine to buy your kid's way in, but a lousy 15k kickback is illegal.

This is a joke

Yeah, but it's really not a joke. The truly wealthy are never prosecuted or punished for doing equal and oftentimes much worse things than the lower classes, which include the rich-but-not-"wealthy" set. But the average person doesn't make a distiction between the millionaire Hollywood celebrities that are basically just harmless rear end in a top hat narcissists, and the billionaire hedge fund class that purposefully undermines democracy. By going after Martha Stewart and Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman, the public thinks the authorities are actually going after the well-to-do and that the system is just, but the ones behaving the worst escape all scrutiny.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

well that explains alot. i am guessing the border closing is coming at some point.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I hope you like crime because I have some more crime for you...

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1115345630719877120

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Inferior Third Season posted:

Yeah, but it's really not a joke. The truly wealthy are never prosecuted or punished for doing equal and oftentimes much worse things than the lower classes, which include the rich-but-not-"wealthy" set. But the average person doesn't make a distiction between the millionaire Hollywood celebrities that are basically just harmless rear end in a top hat narcissists, and the billionaire hedge fund class that purposefully undermines democracy. By going after Martha Stewart and Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman, the public thinks the authorities are actually going after the well-to-do and that the system is just, but the ones behaving the worst escape all scrutiny.

Stewart is actually up there. She's not the real problem but she's absolutely done evil capitalist stuff, you don't get to $300 million over nothing.

Somewhat rich actors less so.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Well that's hilariously terrifying. Pour one out for all my homies in Logistics.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Holy poo poo that loving thread is monstrous.

Nazis wearing clown clothes and mocking people for calling people in clown clothes Nazis.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well that explains alot. i am guessing the border closing is coming at some point.

Pretty sure it's a given now. Now that Miller/Trump have cleaned all the people willing to tell them it's a REALLY bad idea, he's gonna torch our economy just for a few extra points with his base.

Where did the Secret Service head fit into the succession order? Also, I'm trying to find the details, but I saw somewhere that Claire Grady (probable legal successor to the job) is being shuffled around prior to Wednesday to gently caress with it more.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I have noticed the clown thing too - is it literally another "we can make liberals call X thing racist and make them look stupid" thing? I can't be bothered to dig around for the answer.

Do you guys remember how the NPC meme was the one that was gonna go big time?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

haveblue posted:

I take it back, secret service USB key guy was probably just dumb.

https://twitter.com/WeldPond/status/1115332247786274816

Absolutely incredible. I work at a 3 star hotel and they covered this in my training, I am aghast at how stupid cops are.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Retro42 posted:

Pretty sure it's a given now. Now that Miller/Trump have cleaned all the people willing to tell them it's a REALLY bad idea, he's gonna torch our economy just for a few extra points with his base.

Where did the Secret Service head fit into the succession order? Also, I'm trying to find the details, but I saw somewhere that Claire Grady (probable legal successor to the job) is being shuffled around prior to Wednesday to gently caress with it more.

he hasn't purged fully yet, but that's loving coming soon. USSS head was probably fired for not kissing his rear end.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

skylined! posted:

Actually no, neither bush or Obama had a blanket separation policy like the zero tolerance policy jeff sessions signed. Both prior administrations separated some families when they couldn’t confirm the relationship of the adult to the kid, but neither were doing the ‘cruelty for cruelty’s sake’ anywhere near the scale happening right now.

Without the 1996 law, which drastically expanded deportation authority and detainment requirements, many of these people wouldn't even have been detained at all.

theflyingorc posted:

Specifically, here

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1114971900269219841

I think Obama mis-chose a word when he said "disturbed", this clearly was him speaking off the cuff. I think his point is much as Bernie's above.

God drat it, Bernie.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Deified Data posted:

I have noticed the clown thing too - is it literally another "we can make liberals call X thing racist and make them look stupid" thing? I can't be bothered to dig around for the answer.

Do you guys remember how the NPC meme was the one that was gonna go big time?

Nazi Pepes and grifter Nazis are depressed because electing Trump hasn't improved their lives, he's a joke, and he's not fascist enough. They've become nihilistic because they think the left will take over the world and enforce white genocide. Some have abandoned Trump and moved on to Yang so they can get $1000 a month to play video games - they have nothing else to hope for so they might as well get some money - and others have tried to embrace the absurdity of the world in a cringeworthy Joker way, by becoming clowns. It's mixed up with going out in a blaze of glory and idolizing spree shooters because :matters: .

I think that's it. It's loving stupid.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 8, 2019

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Lightning Knight posted:

Absolutely incredible. I work at a 3 star hotel and they covered this in my training, I am aghast at how stupid cops are.

Hmm, I'm starting to think cops may not be the best and brightest.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

LorneReams posted:

So what exactly were the crimes these folks were charged with? Is it all related to donating money to a fake charity? I can't imagine that it's actually illegal to cheat on the SAT.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Solkanar512 posted:

So what exactly were the crimes these folks were charged with? Is it all related to donating money to a fake charity? I can't imagine that it's actually illegal to cheat on the SAT.
Naw man, fraud is pretty illegal.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Retro42 posted:

I don't think the USSS head is in the succession order since it's not a cabinet level position.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1115357207141523456?s=19

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I don't think the USSS head is in the succession order since it's not a cabinet level position.
It definitely isn't.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

gently caress SNEEP posted:

The line of succession after the VP and heads of Congress is only the various Secretary of _________ (plus the attorney general). If we ever have to go beyond that list we will have way bigger problems.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Removed

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

haveblue posted:

The line of succession after the VP and heads of Congress is only the various Secretary of _________ (plus the attorney general). If we ever have to go beyond that list we will have way bigger problems.
Yeah, if we get through the entire cabinet it's down to whichever raider boss has the biggest pile of skulls.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Solkanar512 posted:

mail fraud and honest services fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

good. can't wait for trump to go even more ape poo poo.