Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Solkanar512 posted:

So what exactly were the crimes these folks were charged with? Is it all related to donating money to a fake charity? I can't imagine that it's actually illegal to cheat on the SAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Ague Proof posted:

Nazi Pepes and grifter Nazis are depressed because electing Trump hasn't improved their lives, he's a joke, and he's not fascist enough. They've become nihilistic because they think the left will take over the world and enforce white genocide. Some have abandoned Trump and moved on to Yang so they can get $1000 a month to play video games - they have nothing else to hope for so they might as well get some money - and others have tried to embrace the absurdity of the world in a cringeworthy Joker way, by becoming clowns. It's mixed up with going out in a blaze of glory and idolizing spree shooters because :matters: .

I think that's it. It's loving stupid.

I hope the next stupid thing these fuckers all do is decide to become ascetic monks and cut their internet connections. They hate themselves and their lives so much that they're barely even trying to cover up that they're attacking minorities exclusively because they feel like little losers.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

The context you provided just raises further questions

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

very good

love the kid checking his smartphone while the dad is bribing the dude, that was a nice touch

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/CNBCMakeIt/status/1115297317819748358

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
That thumb drive was almost certainly using an exploit called BadUSB (https://hackaday.com/tag/badusb/) that's an issue that can own pretty much anyone no matter how careful they think they're being--even plugging it in to an airgapped PC and trying to attach it to a VM will own the host computer. The issue is that 20-30 years ago when USB was added to operating systems they made the brilliant design decision that of course all hardware like keyboards and mice should always be trusted and immediately accessible to the user. Surely no one would create a nefarious keyboard that quickly types in commands to open a terminal and install a rootkit! :suicide: Nowadays you can cram a BadUSB attack into a tiny microcontroller that's small enough to hide directly in the USB connector itself, so you literally cannot trust any USB cable you plug into your computer.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

mod sassinator posted:

That thumb drive was almost certainly using an exploit called BadUSB (https://hackaday.com/tag/badusb/) that's an issue that can own pretty much anyone no matter how careful they think they're being--even plugging it in to an airgapped PC and trying to attach it to a VM will own the host computer. The issue is that 20-30 years ago when USB was added to operating systems they made the brilliant design decision that of course all hardware like keyboards and mice should always be trusted and immediately accessible to the user. Surely no one would create a nefarious keyboard that quickly types in commands to open a terminal and install a rootkit! :suicide: Nowadays you can cram a BadUSB attack into a tiny microcontroller that's small enough to hide directly in the USB connector itself, so you literally cannot trust any USB cable you plug into your computer.

I bet that was only kept in to satisfy some whiny partner and get more money for shareholders.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Main Paineframe posted:

God drat it, Bernie.

:negative:

Also if the Congressional Dems were worth a poo poo they would impeach Trump for openly defying court orders to brutalize immigrants. loving incredible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1115347667201212416?s=19

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Okay who wants a job? :lol:

https://twitter.com/arb/status/1115327493622226944

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jealous Cow posted:

It’s funny because problem are like “this is the beginning of the fascist purge! Trump is installing his loyalists!!!” but it’s actually just stupid pettiness.

yeah, about that

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1115362391410323457

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so i assume he will just close the border at somepoint. its clear he is just gonna fire/"resign" anyone who says No.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Lightning Knight posted:

:negative:

Also if the Congressional Dems were worth a poo poo they would impeach Trump for openly defying court orders to brutalize immigrants. loving incredible.

Hrm, well, you know, we would not want to come off as too partisan...

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

exploded mummy posted:

mail fraud and honest services fraud

Oh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so it is just a purge. i am curious who else is gonna get the axe.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Casey Finnigan posted:

I hope the next stupid thing these fuckers all do is decide to become ascetic monks and cut their internet connections. They hate themselves and their lives so much that they're barely even trying to cover up that they're attacking minorities exclusively because they feel like little losers.

I think the clown meme is them no longer covering it up. You can only lie to yourself so long, after all.

I know I'm the right person for the job!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

I bet that was only kept in to satisfy some whiny partner and get more money for shareholders.

It was engineering decision. Nobody at Intel said, "let's make this vulnerable to an exploit 3 decades from now so our shareholders stay happy."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think these two narratives/stories are mutually exclusive. One story says that they were anticipating firings for weeks, the other story going around is that Trump demanded Nielsen close the borders weeks ago and got angry when she said she couldn't. Both narratives fit together into one narrative where Trump has been getting angrier and more frantic about the border, demanding things that are illegal and/or impossible, and getting ready to fire those who he sees as standing in his way.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think these two narratives/stories are mutually exclusive. One story says that they were anticipating firings for weeks, the other story going around is that Trump demanded Nielsen close the borders weeks ago and got angry when she said she couldn't. Both narratives fit together into one narrative where Trump has been getting angrier and more frantic about the border, demanding things that are illegal and/or impossible, and getting ready to fire those who he sees as standing in his way.

Best part is that no matter how angrily he demands it be done it doesn't get any less illegal and any lower court judge with a brain will rule against him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so it is just a purge. i am curious who else is gonna get the axe.

The roadblock remains the same as when Nielsen rejected the idea. Its illegal and perhaps more importantly impractical. Trump might find someone willing to agree to do it but he has to find someone who can actually figure out HOW to do it.

So short of a whole lot of people deciding its a good idea to have US soldiers creating firing lines of men, women, and children on the border in front of CNN and MSNBC cameras I still think its just bluster.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Did I miss this one earlier?

https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/1115328270344572928

SO yeah, looks like he is Saturday Night Massacring the leadership of DHS so he can get a specific person named acting chief

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

that sounds about right. he is probably gonna fire whoever miller and other hardline nazis want fired and then try to do some stupidly awful evil poo poo.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dick Trauma posted:

I hope you like crime because I have some more crime for you...

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1115345630719877120

Lol those leaders are gonna be out on their rear end this week if they aren't already. The law no longer applies.

Also the purge continues, this lady was the 'rightful' heir to the Acting DHS chief spot according to the 'law.'
https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/1115328270344572928?s=21

(efb)

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Tayter Swift posted:

Lol those leaders are gonna be out on their rear end this week if they aren't already. The law no longer applies.

Also the purge continues, this lady was the 'rightful' heir to the Acting DHS chief spot according to the 'law.'
https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/1115328270344572928?s=21

(efb)

The Wheels on the Bus Have All Fallen Off, All Fallen Off, All Fallen Off . . .

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Did I miss this one earlier?

https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/1115328270344572928

SO yeah, looks like he is Saturday Night Massacring the leadership of DHS so he can get a specific person named acting chief

i mean is kevin even gonna do it though? yeah, he is bootlicking prick but everything outside the bootlicking interview seems to show me that he is smart enough not to out and out break the law and or close the border and separate famlies applying for asylum. I am probably but i like to have some hope for humanity.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I might be in the minority here, but numerical restriction of immigration should not actually be a given. Our immigration discourse is, of course, heavily shaded by The Johnson Reed act of 1924, as well as the immigration act of 1965. But, in fact, there was a time when America did not have numerical restrictions on immigration. We had other restrictions before 1924 of course, the racist exclusion of Chinese immigrants for example. But conceding that we can't open borders to everyone is wrong. We could. And ethically we should.

I am not saying we should have no immigration process. I am perfectly fine excluding violent racists/fascists. But that is much different than numerical restriction.

Edit: Mae Ngai's book Impossible Subjects is an excellent book on the history American immigration law and on the invention of 'illegal immigration.'

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The part of my brain that likes to catastrophize is currently catastrophizing about the possibility of Miller ordering a nuclear strike on Calexico as a way of sending a message. I don't really care for that part of my brain.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I'm giggling with a slightly worrying note of hysteria. :saddowns:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

The part of my brain that likes to catastrophize is currently catastrophizing about the possibility of Miller ordering a nuclear strike on Calexico as a way of sending a message. I don't really care for that part of my brain.

I don't think he would go that far. My guess is he is pushing trump for ban on all asylum seekers(in general but for now from the southern border) and probably closing the border and tariffs toward mexico and central america. also other more openly nazi poo poo.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I’m going to regret asking, but who is this Yang that the thread keeps mentioning? I’d google it but I don’t want “nazi yang” in my search history.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It'll be interesting to see what happens when trump just brazenly starts issuing knowingly illegal orders

I mean he clearly already is, but, like, to people who are willing to follow them without pretense

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
We should expand legal immigration while continuing to discourage illegal immigration. Trump's trying to get rid of both because he doesn't want foreign poor brown people here regardless of how they arrived.

The United States is looking at a world of pain if we don't make more baby making immigrants into citizens. By the time we see how hosed Japan is, it'll probably be too late.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean is kevin even gonna do it though? yeah, he is bootlicking prick but everything outside the bootlicking interview seems to show me that he is smart enough not to out and out break the law and or close the border and separate famlies applying for asylum. I am probably but i like to have some hope for humanity.

Easy to break the law if you just basically ignore court orders. What are they going to do? Arrest them?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Triskelli posted:

I’m going to regret asking, but who is this Yang that the thread keeps mentioning? I’d google it but I don’t want “nazi yang” in my search history.

he is minor DNC presidential canidate. mostly tech bro type poo poo but he said people should get 1000 a month as a UBC type deal. being weird angry nerds, the chuds like him because he will give them money for games and hentai.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Hey settle in, you'll like it in my territory! :byodood:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

It'll be interesting to see what happens when trump just brazenly starts issuing knowingly illegal orders

I mean he clearly already is, but, like, to people who are willing to follow them without pretense

If the border agents he directly told to violate the law were then immediately told by their supervisors "don't violate the law", then I'm not sure this day ever comes. I mean, unless he literally starts firing everyone right down to the last border agent that's left of the Kaiser.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I mean, unless he literally starts firing everyone right down to the last border agent that's left of the Kaiser.

We'll call that "scenario B"

Presume that scenarios are numbered in order from A to Z, with A being present reality

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he is minor DNC presidential canidate. mostly tech bro type poo poo but he said people should get 1000 a month as a UBC type deal. being weird angry nerds, the chuds like him because he will give them money for games and hentai.

That’s less terrible than I expected. I thought it might’ve been an Alpha Centauri joke.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I remember fourth grade civics class, when we learned that one branch of government wrote the laws, one branch interprets the laws, and one branch enforces the laws, and that I thought to myself that the "enforces the laws" branch with all of their guns and cops/soldiers didn't seem very checked-and-balanced like was claimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

If the border agents he directly told to violate the law were then immediately told by their supervisors "don't violate the law", then I'm not sure this day ever comes. I mean, unless he literally starts firing everyone right down to the last border agent that's left of the Kaiser.

i think they are gonna purge a bunch of DHS heads and then realize they can't really find anyone stupid/crazy enough to go all the way with trumps bullshit and never question it.