Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A pin in the map everywhere me and my roomies recreated the sexually empowered crime spree of cult film Spring Breakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
It’s the documentation of it all that’s weird. Like it’s a half step above keeping an excel spreadsheet or something.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've hosed. But first, I'm gonna have to gently caress at the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down.

lol

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

In terms of successful? student teacher romances, Emmanuel Macron had sex with his teacher and now she’s the First Lady of France.

Wasn't their relationship 'well actually we didn't get together until after I graduated'.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress Your Website posted:

Y'all is some busters

I had sex on both Apokolips and Earth 3 ama.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Is this a hot take? Because there is a very large gender gap in how men and women are seen on a sexual level right? Men are considered masculine and virile if they have many partners and it is seen as a positive trait, whereas women are seen as sluts and easy and it is a negative trait (societally speaking, not me I don’t give a poo poo).

Gatdam we got us some hot off the press takes here.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Who gets woken up by a shower? It's basically white noise.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Beachcomber posted:

Who gets woken up by a shower? It's basically white noise.

If their plumbing howls like my building does, I can definitely believe it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Roommate who can't sleep if someone is showering needs to invest in some loving earplugs or a white noise machine or both. That's dumb as hell.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I [21F] wrote a fanfiction about my boyfriend [20M] and his best friend [20M] and now the friend is mad! How should I apologize?

quote:

I used to write stories but I haven't done so in a couple of years. One day I got some inspiration and wrote a story about two people I know. I wrote a story about how my boyfriend was a baby and how his friend was the father. I did it because I thought writing about father/son relationships was always cute.

I showed the story to my boyfriend and he thought it was pretty funny. Then I decided to show it to his friend. He didn't say anything, but according to my bofyriend, he got pretty mad. Apparently, he found the portrayal of him really unflattering even though I didn't mean anything bad.

I know that writing stories about people can be creepy, but my story was so cutesy and nonsensical that I didn't think anything bad could come out of it. Personally I wouldn't have been offended, but I suppose the right thing to do is to apologize even though he judges me all the time, but that is another story.

I'm not very close with his friend, but it'll awkward when he comes over to our house to hang out with my boyfriend. Is there anything I can do?

Just for reference, the plot of the story was that my boyfriend wanted to see the new Transformers movie (because he is a big fan of the series for some reason), his friend/father wouldn't let him go, he cries, and then they make up.

tl;dr Wrote a story about my boyfriend and his friend, the friend got mad, and now I want to apolgize

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The friend is upset because she didn't write him with a big enough dog dick, probably

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

It's really gross and dehumanising to take people you know in real life and imply they would want to see a Transformers movie.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

Haifisch posted:

I [21F] wrote a fanfiction about my boyfriend [20M] and his best friend [20M] and now the friend is mad! How should I apologize?

It is extremely refreshing that this person is just asking how to make it right out the gate instead of looking to be told that actually it's fine and the friend is wrong to be mad.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think Stephen King got in trouble for that before.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Haifisch posted:

Also the friend gave birth to my boyfriend out his urethra after being anally impregnated by a werewolf

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

I'm glad Tina Belcher settled down some later in life but she still has a ways to go, yikes

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Haifisch posted:

quote:

even though he judges me all the time, but that is another story.

i would love to know this bit of backstory.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for my birthday gift to my wife?

My wife and I are tight on money right now and thus, we didn't have anything in the budget for my wife's birthday gift. Instead, I sent her to her friends house for a few hours and my kids and I did all the household chores. When she got home, we showed the clean house off to her and told her it was her birthday gift. She said thank you but I could tell she was upset. I pressed her a bit and accused me of seeing her as a maid because I think she should be grateful for something she thinks the kids and I should be doing regularly. I tried to explain that we were just trying to be nice and make things easier for her, and she just kept saying "this is exactly the problem" until she told me to just stop talking about it. AITA?

this reminds me of when my dad got my mom a vacuum cleaner for her birthday. being a lawyer by profession, she was not impressed

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

LMFAO how do you accept that proposal? Imagine being the right combination of dumb and/or such a low quality mate that you think "Yep, he's the best I can do."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Calling up my representative to ban this marriage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

r/relationships summed up in one tweet.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Lotta goons with only one pin in their sex map itt

OP meant One Pinner all along

explains so much tbh

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

they should have sent a poet....

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [35 M] wife [32 F] of 2.5 years won't allow me to get a motorcycle.

I will practice defensive driving with the "invisibility" mentality in mind (don't drive defensively; instead drive as if you're invisible to other vehicles)..

Seems like if you were invisible the safest place to drive by far would be the sidewalk

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

blugu64 posted:

It’s the documentation of it all that’s weird. Like it’s a half step above keeping an excel spreadsheet or something.

when i was a teenager girls kept their notes about boys in their diary

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TheScott2K posted:

Roommate who can't sleep if someone is showering needs to invest in some loving earplugs or a white noise machine or both. That's dumb as hell.

idunno, it isnt usually the shower thats the noisy part. i lived with a friend who would do late night showers after work, door slams, shower door slams, drawers slam and so on. it didnt bother me so i didnt care, but it wouldnt surprise me if its the before and after the shower that is the noise issue

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

whoa....

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

datajugend posted:

idunno, it isnt usually the shower thats the noisy part. i lived with a friend who would do late night showers after work, door slams, shower door slams, drawers slam and so on. it didnt bother me so i didnt care, but it wouldnt surprise me if its the before and after the shower that is the noise issue

My shower has a tendency to sometimes make a loud high-pitched whining noise that's really annoying. I could see that waking someone up, but usually it's the everything else like you mentioned. But that's one of those things you just kind of have to deal with if you have roommates, so she should either get over it, use earplugs or get her own place.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The Shazam kid, did I misread because I'm pretty sure he went to live with his dad because he wanted to, not because his mom wanted him gone? In which case, his text was poo poo and she needs to call him on it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Holy poo poo this account. I'm dying.

I think it needs its own spin-off thread.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Haifisch posted:

It's almost more weird that it wasn't about her bf and his friend loving. Almost.

:piaa:

LadyPictureShow posted:

:piaa: :piaa: :piaa:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

LadyPictureShow posted:

my head is spinning from the thread title potential here

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for honking at someone holding up the parking lot and then shopping at the store?

quote:

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store with my boyfriend and the parking lot was 2/3 full. I turned into an aisle where I saw empty spaces in the back of the lot. There was an old man, slowly pushing his very full cart to his car. The vehicle in front of me stopped, wanting his space. I waited for about 30 seconds and then honked my horn because I couldn't go around the waiting car and there were a bunch of people stuck behind us, backing the line up into the street. Another two minutes goes by, the man isn't even half way through unloading his car. I honk again. After a full five minutes, the people waiting finally parked in the space. I pulled up and parked in one of the empty spaces literally five car spaces behind.

The people we honked at came up to my window and started screaming at me for being rude and said that I had no right to pressure them into parking somewhere else. I said that it was rude for them to wait for a space when they were backing up the whole lot into the street for five minutes. I was called a bunch of names, and I just took it.

My boyfriend and I waited for a few minutes as they went into the store and we then started walking over. The angry people started yelling about how we were following them into the store and that they were feeling threatened and that we should leave. We take a cart and intentionally try to get away from these people. About 15 minutes later, we end up in the same area and I end up needing to grab something in their general vicinity where they are just chatting. I wait for a few minutes, and I realize they aren't moving. So I went up, grabbed the item, and turned around to leave.

One of the people got in my face.

"Oh, you just HAPPEN to need potatoes? And you just HAPPEN to need THESE potatoes?"

"Yes, I just happen to need a staple of a generic American diet."

"I think you're trying to threaten us. You've been following us around the whole store."

"Please get away from me."

"Oh, get away from me! I bet you didn't think about that when you were honking at us! You need to APOLOGIZE to us for being a racist BITCH."

"Yeah, I'm never apologizing to you."

"You just want to control EVERYTHING we do, don't you?"

As I started walking away, tons of people were staring at us. A random bystander said that I was completely in the wrong for not apologizing and for honking in the first place. I know for sure I never name called or insulted the people with the exception of saying that their actions were rude, so I don't know where the racist accusation came from. But now I'm not sure if I'm the rear end in a top hat for honking the horn and also for not leaving when they told me to.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

:psypop:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

The Shazam kid, did I misread because I'm pretty sure he went to live with his dad because he wanted to, not because his mom wanted him gone? In which case, his text was poo poo and she needs to call him on it.

Mom and her husband moved to California from Canada when he was 13 and he chose to stay in Canada with his dad. I can certainly see why mom would be hurt by what he said, but it's not entirely without merit either, especially from a kid's point of view. Fortunately she came to her senses about the whole thing because withholding his birthday present would've sent a real bad message.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The male/female split with the world sex map is that if you go into a woman’s apartment and see her sex map and there’s a pin in Cambodia, you assume, “oh, she went with her partner” or “oh, she hooked up with somebody at a hostel” while if it’s a man and there’s a pin in Cambodia you leave immediately

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I started laughing so hard at this I went into a coughing fit. I love you kimbo305!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MasBrillante posted:

More like every time the woman happens to be the lovely person that people devil’s advocate for, someone comes in to go OMG WOMEN CAN BE lovely TOO. Yes, we know. The person you’re replying to didn’t suggest otherwise.

It’s actually getting sort of annoying because literally the only ones bringing up gender are the “men aren’t always the bad guyssss” brigade defending themselves against no one.

The force that’s driving the thread’s tendency to basically write fan fiction that makes the guy the bad one (“oh, this sounds bad, but I bet he did X thing that means he’s actually the bad one”) isn’t some kind of misandrist shadow council, it’s just regular-rear end toxic masculinity meeting a just-world ideology. When something bad happens to a man people look for a way he deserves it by not being a real powerful virile hella straight man’s man and it’s fairly tiresome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Doc Hawkins posted:

my head is spinning from the thread title potential here
r/relationships: I stabbed him (shoulder) and now he refuses my apology. I want him back. Advice.