Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

skooma512 posted:

I'm really tempted to bite the bullet and finally get a PS4. I'm thinking of going with a regular one because my tv is old.

Aside from Spiderman and RDR2, what else should I look at as far as exclusives?

God of War and Horizon: Zero Dawn are what I have next on my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

tribbledirigible posted:

Bloodborne.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

m.hache posted:

Bloodborne.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

m.hache posted:

Bloodborne.

And Persona 5 if you're an awful weeb.

Its great!

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

skooma512 posted:

I'm really tempted to bite the bullet and finally get a PS4. I'm thinking of going with a regular one because my tv is old.

Aside from Spiderman and RDR2, what else should I look at as far as exclusives?

RDR2 isn’t an exclusive but is really good.

God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn are both better than RDR2, IMO.

Spider-Man and Uncharted 4 are worth your time.

Last of Us and Shadow of the Colossus remasters if you haven’t played them or have and loved them.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

m.hache posted:

Bloodborne.

Demo or rent it first, it's a good game but remember that it's a good game in a very specific genre that honestly doesn't deserve the blanket recommendation it always gets

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's true. It's a very specific experience that reasonable people can totally hate. That said I loved Bloodbourne and the Dark Souls games always felt like boring torture to me.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sentient Data posted:

Demo or rent it first, it's a good game but remember that it's a good game in a very specific genre that honestly doesn't deserve the blanket recommendation it always gets

It's crazy cheap now. I think ps+ gave it away as well.

If you liked any of the Souls games it's a must have, but I will agree that it may not be for everyone. Probably the most accessible of the entire series too.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I mean it’s only $20 and one of the best games on the console. That’s a fair risk in my opinion and I’m saying this as someone who has yet to beat the game while still including it in my top 10 games ever list.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

tribbledirigible posted:

:yeshaha:

I know it’s technically not the question being asked, but both Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are worth the price of admission for a switch. If literally zero other good games come out for the switch, I’m completely content with the console purchase just for either one of those games.

On topic, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War and Doom are also both :krad:

... also, it’s an XB1 exclusive, but Sunset Overdrive deserves all the love

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lawen posted:

God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn are both better than RDR2, IMO.

:yeah:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I just got myself a Pixel 2 and I'm trying to find a case for it. Something sub-$20 and somewhat protective while not being too thick. I was thinking a TPU case but I'm concerned it won't be enough protection if I fumble it as I have been known to do to phones.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I had a pixel 2 with something like this and it did alright, I have had good results with Spigen:
https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Rugge...=gateway&sr=8-2

And always like their 2-piece models though they make the phone significantly larger; they have an integrated kickstand and really bubbly corner protection:
https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Kicks...=gateway&sr=8-5

Also thanks for the additional underwear recommendations!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm looking for a PC Microphone that I can mount to my desk. My headset mic broke and I don't really feel like getting an entire new headset.

Something that I can move around (Arm mount?) but with decent area noise cancelling. No idea how much something like that would cost.

Something like this? Not sure on the quality though.

https://www.amazon.ca/Neewer-Profes...ps%2C154&sr=8-9

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Hey! I have that mic.

It's trash. For a condenser mic like it, you NEED the 48v phantom power box. By itself, you have to turn the gain up so loving high that it's useless. But even with phantom power, it's still low volume. I opened it up and inside I noted the mic element was mounted backwards, so the logo would have to face away from you for it to pick up, so I fixed that but still. It's total garbage.

Get yourself a USB microphone, or a real branded condenser mic with phantom power, and skip the hassle of returning that neewer.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Apr 2, 2019

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I saw that goon candy man Raley's Confectionary closed shop at the end of 2018. It's a huge bummer. Where's a place to get similar candy?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Queen Combat posted:

Hey! I have that mic.

It's trash. For a condenser mic like it, you NEED the 48v phantom power box. By itself, you have to turn the gain up so loving high that it's useless. But even with phantom power, it's still low volume. I opened it up and inside I noted the mic element was mounted backwards, so the logo would have to face away from you for it to pick up, so I fixed that but still. It's total garbage.

Get yourself a USB microphone, or a real branded condenser mic with phantom power, and skip the hassle of returning that neewer.

Any amazon link recommended?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

I saw that goon candy man Raley's Confectionary closed shop at the end of 2018. It's a huge bummer. Where's a place to get similar candy?

It's called rock candy and it's super popular here in Australia (and possibly the UK since their sweets influence ours so much?) so you could almost certainly find an australian shop to ship it to you.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

https://www.pd.net/

Never ordered anything from here, but I get recommended this guys youtube videos for some reason. They're kind of neat TBH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKcE0Nxd0gg

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Cornuto posted:

Never ordered anything from here, but I get recommended this guys youtube videos for some reason. They're kind of neat TBH.

Isn't Lofty Pursuits the store Raley used to work for before starting his own business?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

OSU_Matthew posted:

... also, it’s an XB1 exclusive, but Sunset Overdrive deserves all the love

It's not XB1 exclusive anymore, it came out on PC a couple months ago and it is pretty neat.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

OSU_Matthew posted:

:yeshaha:

I know it’s technically not the question being asked, but both Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are worth the price of admission for a switch. If literally zero other good games come out for the switch, I’m completely content with the console purchase just for either one of those games.

I agree completely, but you also left out ssbm

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Cornuto posted:

I ordered from here once. It was very good, if a bit expensive.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZF5m70Pgyc

I suppose if you can tolerate/enjoy something made by Buzzfeed you can watch that video about them having custom candy made in Japan. Really it's only an issue when they're trying to be funny.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZF5m70Pgyc

I suppose if you can tolerate/enjoy something made by Buzzfeed you can watch that video about them having custom candy made in Japan. Really it's only an issue when they're trying to be funny.

This is the video that made me think of Raley since I was gonna plug them in the comments.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

plainswalker75 posted:

Isn't Lofty Pursuits the store Raley used to work for before starting his own business?

Yeah, it is. I got the impression he did that at all because he got dicked over in some way but idk the details.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

This is the video that made me think of Raley since I was gonna plug them in the comments.

Yeah I was going too but didn't because I'm lazy.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I stayed in a hotel for work the other day and had the best nights sleep I’ve had in years. It seemed like the mattress had sort of a pillow top so I’m starting with making my foam mattress a little softer on top. Any recommendations for soft mattress toppers?

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Rolo posted:

I stayed in a hotel for work the other day and had the best nights sleep I’ve had in years. It seemed like the mattress had sort of a pillow top so I’m starting with making my foam mattress a little softer on top. Any recommendations for soft mattress toppers?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UYGA71C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure if you like the 'bounciness' of latex but I recently bought this based on the wirecutter recommendation: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-mattress-toppers/

Pretty happy with it.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rolo posted:

That's actually due to the dead hookers stuffed into the mattress.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Slimy Hog posted:

That's actually due to the dead hookers stuffed into the mattress.

Don't forget the mounds of bedbug eggs.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Looking for some good bedding. Is sleeplikethedead good for that as well? Something similar with good write ups would be preferred but direct product recommendation is fine as well.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m looking for a new thin bifold wallet. I’m not so crazy minimal that I want money clipped on the outside or anything, just a simple one that holds a few cards as well.

I’d also love to have a color that makes it easy to spot and a material that isn’t so slick that it wants to fall out of my pocket. I used to have a Big Skinny but I don’t like how slippery it was.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The person who runs philswallets.com is a goon who makes bifolds in small batches. I have a slim from him -- on my second after the first got stolen -- and it's soft but not shiny or slick and I expect anything else he makes to be similar. If I weren't on my phone I'd see if he still has a thread in SA Mart.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Looking for a custom tailored suit < 500. How is Indochino? Vs say, Men's Wearhouse. I don't know much about suits and I realistically would not be wearing it often.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bamhand posted:

Looking for a custom tailored suit < 500. How is Indochino? Vs say, Men's Wearhouse. I don't know much about suits and I realistically would not be wearing it often.

I’d go with Suit Supply for a quality suit that’s not Men’s Wearhouse

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Snowy posted:

I’m looking for a new thin bifold wallet. I’m not so crazy minimal that I want money clipped on the outside or anything, just a simple one that holds a few cards as well.

I’d also love to have a color that makes it easy to spot and a material that isn’t so slick that it wants to fall out of my pocket. I used to have a Big Skinny but I don’t like how slippery it was.

My go to is the Slimfold Micro Softshell: Link

Have yet to find a bifold that is slimmer and not made of Tyvek. Potential issues for you would be colors (black, grey, blue) and slipperiness (I do not find it slippery, but not sure what you consider slippery)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

I’d go with Suit Supply for a quality suit that’s not Men’s Wearhouse

Is there anything wrong with Men's Wearhouse in particular? Also Suit Supply looks a bit over what I'm willing to spend. I have a wedding in June and then after that I probably wear a suit once every other year.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

bamhand posted:

Is there anything wrong with Men's Wearhouse in particular? Also Suit Supply looks a bit over what I'm willing to spend. I have a wedding in June and then after that I probably wear a suit once every other year.

https://dappered.com/2019/02/the-dappered-essentials-shop/#suit

I'd go with any of the 3 recommendations in this article. I did suit supply for my wedding and was very happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The issue is I need something made to fit because my body is weirdly shaped. Which drives up the price. I have a 48 inch chest, 34 inch waist, and huge butt/quads. Makes any kind of conventional sized clothing fit terribly.