Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Charlz Guybon posted:

I had an epic poetry professor who looked 80ish that was really into Xena warrior princess

That prof unironically rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Remember when his idiot failson got doxxed

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bogus Adventure posted:

That prof unironically rules

He does sounds epic

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

BiggerBoat posted:

Since it's tax season can we talk about all the CHUDS and everyone else having sticker shock and finding themselves owned really hard by the "tax cut"?

I got loving nailed this year thanks in large part to lovely withholding and the removal of a couple of State deductions I used to be able to claim. Anecdotally, just about everyone I know got a really rude awakening when they filed this year and basically what it seems like what this "cut" did was change the withholding percentages so idiots went "wow! I got an extra $74 this paycheck!" and got on board the Trump Train. Most of my friends are bitching about it and my MAGA coworkers are just silent when I bring it up.

At least something shut them the gently caress up.

We got loving owned, but my chud coworkers just blamed the company for ballsing up their withholding.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I work in tech and weirdly there are no MAGAs in my 40ish person department, everyone is a liberal or communist, including management as far as I know.

Marketing and Product on the other hand, that's heavy sweating territory this tax season.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Nothus posted:

We got loving owned, but my chud coworkers just blamed the company for ballsing up their withholding.

Same. I got loving destroyed along with most other people I know. For some reason I honestly expected to dominate more conversation than it has. One big thing is how the law went out of its way to gently caress with blue states by eliminating the state property tax deductions but it still hit Florida.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Framing it as "if you work for a living it hurt you, if you own for a living it helped you" and strangling all attempts at nuance in the cradle have worked for me

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Talked to a FL DNR guy yesterday and he said that the whole central panhandle is filled with dead trees from last year's hurricane that have all dried out pretty much to tinder status but there's no money to clear the still-blocked fire roads or to even cut preemptive fire breaks.

If we get a nice hot dry spell it's just gonna take one chud throwing a lit cigarette butt out their truck window to turn the place into an unstoppable inferno.

Of course we could still stop this with a small tax increase on the rich to adequately fund the forestry service but lol if the people literally living in the firenado death zone are ever gonna agree to that poo poo.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
The Florida Forestry Service or

Florida: Do Not Resuscitate

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The next hurricane will pick up that fire and lift it gently to sea where it will either go out or inconvenience poor island people we don't care about. Bingo bango.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
My parents are fifth wheeling around the country but claim Florida as state residence and winter around there. My mom is boomer as gently caress and they're happy that they pay lower taxes for their bracket or whatever. Whatever works!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

PDP-1 posted:

Talked to a FL DNR guy yesterday and he said that the whole central panhandle is filled with dead trees from last year's hurricane that have all dried out pretty much to tinder status but there's no money to clear the still-blocked fire roads or to even cut preemptive fire breaks.

If we get a nice hot dry spell it's just gonna take one chud throwing a lit cigarette butt out their truck window to turn the place into an unstoppable inferno.

Of course we could still stop this with a small tax increase on the rich to adequately fund the forestry service but lol if the people literally living in the firenado death zone are ever gonna agree to that poo poo.

florida gets dry spells? i thought it was all humid swampland

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
You know how you sometimes get that part of a cold where you're still really snotty, but also kinda have dry mouth at the same time? That shittiest part?
Well there you go.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i grew up in southeast georgia and a swamp caught fire for a month straight. dry is dry and deadwood is deadwood and the south east gets its fair share of both when conditions are right

Agean90 has issued a correction as of 19:46 on Apr 7, 2019

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

We had a stretch of about 5 weeks last year with no rain and temps of 80F or more to dry everything to a crisp. A couple of years before that Tampa almost ran out of water due to a long dry spell running their reservoir down to just a couple of feet deep (and the fact that they could not convince the retirees to stop watering their loving lawns/golf courses every single night).

But yeah, most of the time it's humid swampland.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Quiet Feet posted:

The next hurricane will pick up that fire and lift it gently to sea where it will either go out or inconvenience poor island people we don't care about. Bingo bango.

John Brunner posted:

Opening the door to the visiting doctor, all set to apologize for the flour on her hands—she had been baking—Mrs. Byrne sniffed. Smoke! And if she could smell it with her heavy head cold, it must be a tremendous fire!
"We ought to call the brigade!" she exclaimed. "Is it a hayrick?"
"The brigade would have a long way to go, " the doctor told her curtly. "It's from America. The wind's blowing that way."
(From The Sheep Look Up)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...a&noredirect=on
72 people in five states are having a good time making GBS threads themselves.
"The states affected by the outbreak are Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia."

quote:

The patients' ages range from 1 to 74 years old with a median age of 17.
State and local health officials are required to interview ill patients and determine what they consumed in the week leading up to their symptoms
How do they interview the 1-year-old?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

SelenicMartian posted:

How do they interview the 1-year-old?

Trump was on Fox and Friends just the other day

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PDP-1 posted:

Have they tried raking?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Stoatbringer posted:

Have they tried raking?

Those lazy assholes cant even stop all that water from going into the ocean.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

drilldo squirt posted:

Those lazy assholes cant even stop all that water from going into the ocean.

If all that water didn't flow into the ocean to top it up then there would be nowhere left to throw batteries. Rakes are agents of the Lord.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i think we've agreed these belong itt

https://mobile.twitter.com/C4Dispatches/status/1114954083511808006

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

further evidence that the meritocracy is a sham and that these people are all just products of a elaborate system of chance elevating people so stupid they will vote against their own interests

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
actually it’s proof that these brave job creators care so much for their country that they’ll shutter their business if that’s what it takes to kick out migrants keep the empire strong

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Kitfox88 posted:

actually it’s proof that these brave job creators care so much for their country that they’ll shutter their business if that’s what it takes to kick out migrants keep the empire strong

Do you really think that? This kind of people tend to be exactly the idiots who vote for a law that fucks over their business, then immediately starts whining "government has hosed over my business!"

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

Do you really think that? This kind of people tend to be exactly the idiots who vote for a law that fucks over their business, then immediately starts whining "government has hosed over my business!"

Woooooooosh

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Guess this is what I get for posting before I'm fully awake.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Where are the taxes tweets???

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/1115626492740816896

:hellyeah:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Where are the taxes tweets???

Been searching for them from time to time but I think I may have overestimated how many people don't wait until the very last second to file despite so many people relying on returns in this economy

that, or maybe Twitter's search function is a trash heap. I hate to include only ones that call out trumm specifically but I may just have to

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I absolutely wait till the last minute cause I’m a lazy poo poo. I also didn’t vote trump and have my withheld properly classified so I expect very little and therefor don’t plan on a windfall.... I’m gonna owe $5k, aren’t I?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I absolutely wait till the last minute cause I’m a lazy poo poo. I also didn’t vote trump and have my withheld properly classified so I expect very little and therefor don’t plan on a windfall.... I’m gonna owe $5k, aren’t I?

the only question you have to ask yourself is this: do I work for a living, or do I own for a living?

this is the lone determinant of your tax outcomes

absolute best case scenario is your refund is less than last years' by however much more you got per paycheck * 26, and then a little bit more

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Raptor1033 posted:

I changed my W4 to withhold the max amount last January (without paying extra) and I owed about $1900 this year :waycool:

https://twitter.com/Hammom8/status/1115579974180835328
https://twitter.com/MMcFadin/status/1110690557859450881
https://twitter.com/odiguy55/status/1110236667737182210
https://twitter.com/HappySnyder/status/1109142627583057920

morningdrew has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Apr 9, 2019

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I updated my W4 last year and even specified to withhold extra and I still owed money. lol nice cut

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My family of 4 got $7.5k back, thanks Trump??

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This right here is why I still have hope that Trump will lose in 2020, no matter how hard the Dems try to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
got an extra couple of hundos back for some reason this year, thanks mr president

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
My wife and I owed back $4,000 thanks to the terrible withholding gently caress ups by the new tax plan. Guess we gotta just withhold extra this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nottherealaborn posted:

My wife and I owed back $4,000 thanks to the terrible withholding gently caress ups by the new tax plan. Guess we gotta just withhold extra this year.

pay out a whole bunch all at once AND volunteer to shrink the size of your paychecks? THANK YOU MR PRESIDENT