Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

DemoneeHo posted:

[US, TX] A cop forced his way into my house because he thought my Canadian flag was advertising weed for sale.

Can’t have been a real cop, he didn’t shoot anyone during the raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

kimbo305 posted:

Unsatisfying update from jeans girl:
--------------------------------
Edit 2: just woke Aiden up at 5:45 (on Org Chem test day too...gently caress him) with "what's Madison's last name?" He tried to give me the "who's Madison?" at first but then told him she texted me. He tried to talk me out of it but then relented so he could go back to sleep. So I looked her up on Facebook and it's pretty bare but she does have a "instamodel" sister who has all sorts of sad posts with like her holding her dads hand while has IV and then a somewhat touching insta memorial to her dad...so I'm thinking the text is not a lie.

Edit3: I just texted back and forth with her, we’re meeting at Starbucks at 9.

poo poo in the jeans

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
My significant other wants me to be a part of the mortgage but not the deed/title, is it smart to agree to this?(MN, USA)
u/disappearingdeer

quote:

Both he and his mother work for a title and escrow company. Which is why I assumed it was okay until I did my own research.

quote:

Unless he is their dumbest employee, he absolutely should know how this works. Your BF is dishonest and trying to set you up with debt for an asset you wont even own.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Madison’s gonna be Aiden but like in a wig and sunglasses, we all know this.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
r/relationships
My(M/37)girlfriend (F/33) is upset with me about a blog
u/nevertrustawetfart (throw-away account)

quote:

I'm 37/m and I've been dating the same girl (33/f) for about two years now. I really love this girl. A lot. I care about her deeply. She's a bit possessive, which I think is partly just her personality, but also is partly due to discovering her dad's infidelities when she was a teenager. One of her fears/insecurities in relationships is the fear that the guy she's with is pretending he's happy and everything is okay, when it actually isn't. She's afraid of being caught off guard, feeling like the rug has been pulled out from under her. Making this slightly more of a sensitive issue for us is the fact that I haven't been faithful in all of my past relationships - this is something I've been working on a lot in therapy for the last couple of years, and I've come to understand why I did what I did, and how to prevent it from happening again.

Here's the situation. I've been getting my hair cut at the same place by the same girl for over a year now. The girl is in her early 20s, and she's the first person I've found who does a really good job with my hair. My girlfriend loves it too, and always says she can't wait to see me after I get it cut. But - she doesn't like that it's a girl who cuts it. She doesn't like that someone else is touching my head. When I first started getting my hair cut by this girl, I would always talk to my girlfriend right after about how it went, and fill her in on what the haircut girl and I talked about. I wanted to be transparent and make sure she didn't feel like I was hiding anything. But she didn't like hearing about it, it made her uncomfortable, so I stopped telling her about it. I still tell her when I'm going to get a haircut, and my girlfriend still loves how I look after, but I don't talk to her about what the haircut girl and I talk about.

Well, last December the haircut girl asked me what I got my girlfriend for Christmas. One of the gifts was a blog page I setup on Facebook for her dog. I spent several hours uploading pictures, writing posts, etc. -- all from the perspective of her dog. The gift was a huge hit. The haircut girl thought it was a really great gift and asked what the dog's name was, and I told her. And since the blog is public, I guess she looked it up. And yesterday, I uploaded a new picture of the dog to the blog - and the haircut girl immediately liked it. (To clarify, the haircut girl 'liked' the post on the blog -- which is completely separate from my personal FB account.) But when my girlfriend saw that some other girl had liked this picture of her dog, she was not happy about it at all, and told me:

I don’t being surprised by some chick that touches your head and is now liking stuff about my dog. No. She cuts your hair. Period. And she shouldn’t be liking your crap. You wouldn’t like it if some dude that cuts my hair started doing that. Especially since you have cheated on both people I have known u to be with. It’s dumb.

So, I understand why my girlfriend is upset. But at the same time, I'm not sure what to do. I don't think I did anything wrong. There's nothing even remotely inappropriate going on between me and the girl who cuts my hair. I could get a new haircut person, even a guy if I looked hard enough, but that won't change the fact that there will always be women that I'll have to interact with for one reason or another. So, I'm really just not sure how to handle this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Reddit!

TL/DR - girlfriend is mad that the girl who cuts my hair 'liked' a photo I posted on a public blog

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

TheScott2K posted:

poo poo in the jeans

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

I felt like work was a huge relief after college. In college I was studying all the god drat time. I'd get out of work at 4 and the rest of the day was 100% mine.

Studying? In college? Should have been smarter, chump. :colbert:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

[/quote]

I was going say 'dont date zaurgs brother' but yeeouch. That's actively malicious. I vote castration for the bf and his mom.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

chemtrail huffer posted:

Starting a new relationship right after your wife dies is one thing. Going on Facebook and telling your wife’s brother “lol good riddance, the bitch couldn’t even do my laundry when she was bedridden and she stopped sucking my dick after the chemo started so what good was she anyway??? btw the kids call my new wife ‘mom’ now so it’s like she never even existed lmao” is another thing entirely.

is that what happened? im bad at reading apparently because I totally skipped over that part

e: My brother then wrote back "She wasn't the wife or mother she wanted to be for the last 18 months."

I guess I could see that construed that way. I could also see that being his way to say that his wife encouraged him to move on quickly because she knew she couldn't be the mother that she wanted to (he probably should've left out the wife part lol)

Not knowing more about the situation, I couldn't really say. It is a small red flag but not enough to get upset over as far as I can tell.

Play fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 9, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sagebrush posted:

My (26m) girlfriend (23f) has too many hobbies

help reddit my girlfriend is too fun for me, also i am literally that deflated balloon person from the weed PSA

'Well, why don't you come over? We can re-watch GOT and make lasagna together!'

'Ugh, why does everything need to be an activity?!'

It does sound like she's got her plate super full with all the activities she's in, and I wonder how long she'll keep it up for, but the fact dude views 'date night in' as one such activity is a bit of an eyebrow raiser to me. And that going to happy hour is high energy.

Dude needs some hobbies of his own that isn't apparently 'go into stasis once he gets home'

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I think he’s annoyed that her default isn’t to be with him in the relationship, but that time with him is another positive action on her part.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

I was going say 'dont date zaurgs brother' but yeeouch. That's actively malicious. I vote castration for the bf and his mom.
[/quote]

Yeah, he's already flat out told her that his plan is to gently caress her over no matter what:

quote:

I’m realizing that now. When I asked him to be on the title, he told me he’d make me pay him so much money I’d be screwed if I ever wanted to leave so there would be no point of me being on it in the first place.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

gently caress Your Website posted:

This guy has kids? What the hell?

Grow the gently caress up and stop acting like a child if you don't want to be treated like one. This idiot doesn't even like DnD that much, so develop a personality and some personal interests to go with it while you're working out that spine transplant.

He's getting kicked from the group because his second D&D character and first he's going to really role play is a pure evil slaver in order to antagonize someone else. I stopped at that point because I already know he's the cat piss.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

My (26m) girlfriend (23f) has too many hobbies

My advice: get out now and let this girl carpe diem, you're just dragging her down my man.

One day she never comes back from the library and when you check her facebook a couple weeks later she'll be wingsuiting in the Alps and spending time in Hawaii with her new boyfriend, a ruggedly handsome pro surfer

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to return the jeans I stole from the girl who I caught in bed with my boyfriend (ex)?

So Tuesday of last week I made my now ex-boyfriend dinner. He's a paleo junkie and I really wanted to impress him so I skipped class to slice fennel with a razor blade in order to garnish the strip steak I made for him. Yeah I really, really (really) loved him. I decided it would be easier to cook the steak in his kitchen so I went over to his place early (I have a code and open invite). I walked in to find half eaten Dominoes pizza on the counter (remember I sliced fennel with a razor blade because he's so "dedicated" to paleo) and noises coming from the bedroom.

I walked in and he was absolutely plowing a good looking girl with a spectacular body. gently caress me for not eating pizza to impress him. I stood there in shock. She saw me over his shoulder first and started tapping furiously for him to get off. He turned around and hit me with the oh so classic "this isn't what it looks like!"

I was speechless and had no idea what to do but I saw her clothes hanging over his desk chair. Because apparently I'm a petty b!tch, the only thing I could think was I wanted her to have leave his apartment without pants. I don't know, it made sense at the time.

He came after me begging me not to overreact, I didn't say a word and took off to my car. In the days since he's gone from begging me to "be reasonable," to begging me not to break up with him and promising he'll never do it again.

The thing is, I love these jeans. Yes as a trophy of me being petty and at least ruining something of hers like she had he tag teamed to ruin my heart and self esteem. But they are also a super expensive brand, they look really good on me and I like wearing them.

So EX has gone from begging me to get back together with him to saying that me keeping the jeans is causing him "real problems." I don't give a slight poo poo about his problems but I sort of feel bad about keeping this girl's clothes.

So I'm asking...I know I'm petty...but am I an rear end in a top hat?

This story has made my day and that lady is so incredibly awesome. :laugh:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

kimbo305 posted:

Edit 2: just woke Aiden up at 5:45 (on Org Chem test day too...gently caress him) with "what's Madison's last name?" He tried to give me the "who's Madison?" at first but then told him she texted me. He tried to talk me out of it but then relented so he could go back to sleep. So I looked her up on Facebook and it's pretty bare but she does have a "instamodel" sister who has all sorts of sad posts with like her holding her dads hand while has IV and then a somewhat touching insta memorial to her dad...so I'm thinking the text is not a lie.

I really hope that it's a prelude to "crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Play posted:

is that what happened? im bad at reading apparently because I totally skipped over that part

e: My brother then wrote back "She wasn't the wife or mother she wanted to be for the last 18 months."

I guess I could see that construed that way. I could also see that being his way to say that his wife encouraged him to move on quickly because she knew she couldn't be the mother that she wanted to (he probably should've left out the wife part lol)

Not knowing more about the situation, I couldn't really say. It is a small red flag but not enough to get upset over as far as I can tell.

He has kids. He doesn't get to grieve in whatever way he sees fit (which happens to include immediately trying to replace their dead mother with a lookalike).

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My wife's grandma picked out her husband's new wife as she was dying of cancer. None of ua are really in a position to judge this situation.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

therobit posted:

He has kids. He doesn't get to grieve in whatever way he sees fit (which happens to include immediately trying to replace their dead mother with a lookalike).

Yeah, this. People always say that people can feel hope they want, but it isn't true. Unless you're a hermit, your life isn't entirely your own.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

quote:

Dear Care and Feeding,

For the first time in my 10 years of being a parent, I am really struggling—for real. My husband and I have one son, Evan, and we both have excellent relationships with him, but I have reached a roadblock I am not sure how to get around. Without knowing us, you would never put my husband and me together—he is a jock, super social, loves and plays sports, a real “guys’ guy.” I am an introvert and artist and have never played or watched a sport in my life. But he’s my best friend, and we just get each other; I wouldn’t trade my relationship with him for anything. Our son is just like him, and I couldn’t be prouder.

But I struggle. I want to be involved in Evan’s life, and I try. When he was little, I loved taking him to his sports outings—they were so cute, the competition was minimal, and the emphasis was on having fun. But now Evan is involved in a lot of competitive sports; he plays everything—volleyball, hockey, soccer, basketball, and football. He is very athletic, works very hard, and is even the captain of a couple of teams.

I find the whole thing very stressful. I don’t understand what’s happening with any of it. Sports have a language I just don’t understand (I have tried), and I find the tension overwhelming. I am shocked at how animated the parents get and how obsessed they are with winning—it’s a game! Let them have fun! People actually get upset about this stuff?

My husband sees how stressed the whole environment makes me, and he encourages me to limit my involvement, but how can I do that? I only have the one child! It means so much to Evan that I watch him, and I want to, but I just don’t want to be in that world. My husband coaches most of the time, so I’m usually on my own in the stands, and the anxiety I experience attending these things is getting worse; I am starting to dread weekends because that’s when most games take place. I usually volunteer to help organize, make posters, or fundraise. It’s just the games I hate—which is kind of the point. I have a lot of years of this ahead of me—how am I going to get through this without medication? I am seriously heading in that direction.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

kimbo305 posted:

Am I the only one thinking she should team up with Madison to brutally own him somehow?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If sports is another language do a berlitz course for your family

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
can't you just like, focus on how your kid is doing? how can you not understand soccer, uncontacted sentinelese tribes understand soccer

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah i dont get how watching a sports game makes you stressed and anxious when you dont give a poo poo what happens. this feels like a gender flipped version of the husband going "oh you dont want me to do the dishes im just so bad at cleaning things haha"

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Am I the only one thinking she should team up with Madison to brutally own him somehow?

Well, we know that she described her as very good-looking

:wiggle:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Gone Fashing posted:

yeah i dont get how watching a sports game makes you stressed and anxious when you dont give a poo poo what happens. this feels like a gender flipped version of the husband going "oh you dont want me to do the dishes im just so bad at cleaning things haha"

It sounds like she is pretty involved with all his games and helping to organize stuff, so I don’t think she’s just looking for an excuse to get out of it. Not caring about sports isn’t weird, but getting really stressed out and anxious about just being there is. My only real suggestion is seeing a therapist or psychiatrist because it really does sound like she might have some anxiety issues. And if sports for 10 year olds are bothering her this much she’s really going to have a bad time when he’s in high school.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
My Girlfriend’s Family Destroyed the TV I Gave Them and Then Demanded I Replace It

quote:

Gifts for girlfriend’s family: I have been with my girlfriend for five months. After I got a big raise at work, I decided to splurge and upgrade my TV and computer. I knew my girlfriend was raised by a single mom, “DeeDee,” and that money was tight with the two younger brothers. I offered them my 4-year-old computer and TV. At first, my girlfriend’s mom was overjoyed. We drove down and set everything up for the kids. A week later, DeeDee texted me that her boys had destroyed both the TV and the computer and that it was my job to replace them. I told her no. She left a profanity-filled voice message. When I went to talk to my girlfriend, she came down on her mom’s side. It was an “accident,” and it wasn’t like I couldn’t afford to replace them. We fought. My girlfriend started to cry and I apologized to make her stop, but I am still pissed. I am questioning my relationship with her now. I do love her, but this entire situation has put things in a different light. We are each other’s first serious relationship. What do I need to do?
This is why ages are required on Reddit, if this kid is over 20 he's dumb as poo poo. (And probably if he's younger than 20 too.)

GF wasn't the one who apologized, nor was her mom? Five months and she's already counting and spending your money? You made the mistake of being nice to morons and no good deed goes unpunished. Run now while you can, and one day this will be but a tale you tell laughingly; stay and live to see this become your everyday reality.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AITA/Apologized for my son dunking on the LA Clippers point gaurd despite already having a triple double

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

CannonFodder posted:

He's getting kicked from the group because his second D&D character and first he's going to really role play is a pure evil slaver in order to antagonize someone else. I stopped at that point because I already know he's the cat piss.

Not that anyone should read any further, but that's absolutely not what happens. He never actually plays his evil character as, well, evil because he's too much of a carebear. Instead he continues to subject himself (and us, his captive audience) to some K-pop loving manipulator in his very own and very lame version of "No Exit" by Sartre.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

My Girlfriend’s Family Destroyed the TV I Gave Them and Then Demanded I Replace It

This is why ages are required on Reddit, if this kid is over 20 he's dumb as poo poo. (And probably if he's younger than 20 too.)

GF wasn't the one who apologized, nor was her mom? Five months and she's already counting and spending your money? You made the mistake of being nice to morons and no good deed goes unpunished. Run now while you can, and one day this will be but a tale you tell laughingly; stay and live to see this become your everyday reality.

Find the cheapest tv and pc possible for them and then dump her. Bonus if its a old bigass tv and monitor

Play
Apr 25, 2006

therobit posted:

Miserable Maid posted:

Yeah, this. People always say that people can feel hope they want, but it isn't true. Unless you're a hermit, your life isn't entirely your own.

To me the kids will probably be better off with a father who can move past the tragedy as well as a mother figure in their life. Certainly that's better than a father who's incapable of moving on from the death of his wife. But it's a fair thing to debate and without knowing more about the kids it's hard to say for sure

Leon Einstein posted:

My wife's grandma picked out her husband's new wife as she was dying of cancer. None of ua are really in a position to judge this situation.

That's one of the scenarios I was picturing. Well, not exactly that, but just that the dying mother wanted her family to be happy when she was gone, even if that means getting replaced. Without knowing more my advice would still be to let the man deal with the passing of his wife in a way that makes sense for him and his family. There isn't enough evidence to condemn him

Play fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 9, 2019

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

He's got a void where his spine should be. The crazy lady made him and his wife give up a room at an event and picked a new one for them because she just KNEW they'd be happier in a different room. Crazy lady isn't innocent and knows exactly what she's doing.

They're all crazy and obnoxious as gently caress.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I kinda hope they team up to steal his debit card and buy a poo poo load of expensive jeans together.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

datajugend posted:

Find the cheapest tv and pc possible for them and then dump her. Bonus if its a old bigass tv and monitor

plenty of WebTVs to be found at your local Goodwill!

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It sounds like sports mom is getting overwhelmed by the surrounding sport culture rather than the games themselves. I can't blame her. Imagine a bunch of stay at home mom types that have turned absolutely vicious in their vicarious living through little Timmy. Note, dads are just as guilty of this.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Dienes posted:

Text back "Maybe your dad died to get away from his embarrassment of a slutty daughter." and block the number.

:drat:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

I want more info on how the kids destroyed these items. Like a TV just sits there, it probably had a remote, wtf did they even do? Have a brick fight in the house? Build an electronic fort?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

artsy fartsy posted:

I want more info on how the kids destroyed these items. Like a TV just sits there, it probably had a remote, wtf did they even do? Have a brick fight in the house? Build an electronic fort?

The kids have behavioral problems or the mom just sold/pawned them as soon as he left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

artsy fartsy posted:

my buddy has a two year old and an expensive flat screen tv.

the kid threw the tv remote at the TV and it broke.

flat screen TV's aint as sturdy as the old CRTs