Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
They need to have Inarius have serious synergy with Death's Bargain, either cubed or used on your character's inventory slot.

Seems like a no-brainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
bugged me for many, many seasons now but am i missing some ground indicator (ala mortar affix elites) for the lacuni huntress grenades or is it just really easy to lose track of their projectiles with everything flying around the screen?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
:hmbol:

quote:

Additional stash space has been made available for all players
• PC: The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9
• PS4/XB1/Switch: All players will be able to purchase 70 additional stash spaces with gold upon login
Note: All tabs are available immediately upon login on PTR for testing purposes only

quote:

Is it retroactive for all the seasons I've completed beyond the original 4 cap?

No. It only applies to NEW seasons from 17 on that you reach the proper milestone for.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No extra Stash tabs for me! I can't get any of the current 4, no way I'll be able to earn the other 5.

So far, I see no reason to bother with Season 17.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wait, only console gamers get to unlock the new stash space with gold, am I reading that right?

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Rinkles posted:

Wait, only console gamers get to unlock the new stash space with gold, am I reading that right?

It's not like we get stash tabs for completing the seasons :shrug:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

rarbatrol posted:

It's not like we get stash tabs for completing the seasons :shrug:

the biggest difference is you'll have access to the extra storage almost immediately. it might take years on pc.

(though maybe you're getting less space?)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Did I ratfuck myself out of stash space by completing my season journey before this or?

mewse
May 2, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Did I ratfuck myself out of stash space by completing my season journey before this or?

No.

Previously you could earn a stash tab per season by getting to champion in the journey, they are going to increase that to 9 but its not retroactive so if you've done guardian on multiple recent seasons since maxing your stash tabs (me) you've got 5 more seasons to earn tabs

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Oh, someone explained this to me incorrectly then. I was under the impression that S17 would be bringing 5 new stash tabs; instead, it looks like it will be bringing one (after I complete the journey), with the option to unlock a new one each season (for the next 4 seasons)?

That's . . . disappointing.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
In other news, I've been playing Tal Rasha Explosive Blast in preparation to learn something new for S17 to use Sages, and drat if that build isn't glass if you don't have stacks rolling. Engaging Malthael is a wild experience until you get the 4 stacks up.

I feel like the build is going to need some modification to survive T16 . . . not sure what I can do that would increase toughness without cratering damage, though. (I suppose that I haven't augmented yet, so that's an option, but still :v: )

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Not sure who still cares about stash tabs. You're hoarding too much useless poo poo most likely. In a given season I'll use maybe half the pages if I play a ton of characters.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I think I only use like 2-3 tabs in a season these days. Also, the conquests for next season have 2 easy ones (50k gold and GR45 without set items), and 3 annoying ones (Act 1-5 1hr, GR55 with 6 sets, 8 set dungeons). The LoN bonus is going to make GR45 without set items so drat easy, I may just roll a character on HC, get a few ancients, and be set to do it on there with the massive damage boost instead of collecting 6 sets, failing act 1-5 by 3 minutes, or collecting 8 sets and doing set dungeons.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Suburban Dad posted:

Not sure who still cares about stash tabs. You're hoarding too much useless poo poo most likely. In a given season I'll use maybe half the pages if I play a ton of characters.

I only have one stash tab on my first season and I'm full of orange items that I can't even cube because I don't have the resources so maybe your optics are off on this topic. Also, the bolded portion reinforces my point since you have enough time to use "maybe half the pages" on a ton of characters.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Suburban Dad posted:

I played 1 character and ran out of space. managing stash tabs is annoying. I do keep stuff for all characters, though. One or two seasons the d3 bug bit me and I played most of the season and had all the characters.

I was also playing hardcore so I had to keep a backup set.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

HC I can see it making sense as a backup in case you die I guess. There's just so many useless items in the game that aren't really usable for builds outside of leveling or fresh 70s that I don't see the need for extra space. I'm not one that tries to fill out the cube with everything or collect junk though. I keep one version of a thing, two if I'm rerolling it and stop when it's ancient.

I have never tried LoN because the :effort: in getting all ancients seems high. At what point (how many ancients) is needed to do T13 or T16? I feel like the barrier for entry is way higher when you start out with Haedrig's gift that can usually take you to T10-13 no problem. Granted it'll be a little less this season with the buff (depending on class, necro seems like the big winner here) but still not sure if it's something I want to attempt. Seems quite grind intensive.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

For the season journey I usually do the conquest that requires 8 set dungeons or GR55 with 6 different sets. That's a lot of stash space.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Devonaut posted:

For the season journey I usually do the conquest that requires 8 set dungeons or GR55 with 6 different sets. That's a lot of stash space.

You are a masochist.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Here I was planning a way to get around doing those, and you actually aim to do them. :allears:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think he means the set dungeon conquest, just the one that requires you to clear a GR55 wearing 8 unique class sets. That's one of the easier conquests since all it requires is time and at least two max level characters, most of whom can annihilate a GR55 even in total trash gear.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I don't know why they call it 'lazy mancer' I'm killing stuff myself with the aoe bone storm and grim scythe. Avoiding hazards with bloodrush, and bone spirit bombing elites in the face.
With Rathma I'm just mostly spamming skeletal mages and I haven't tried it but just lol corpse lance build

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I don't play long enough or hard enough to assemble LoN builds. I'll play the season of course for the cosmetics but I don't know as to if I'm going to give much of a gently caress to keep playing after that. Unless they're quietly jiggering the drop stats to see ancients pop more often, I won't have the patience for it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Each season I pick one class, and play it to the point where my only growth is numeric (usually around GR50+) and then I'm done with Diablo 3. I save these characters on the off chance I want to play non-season with a hard hitting character, but I never do. I don't even use half the stash tabs I have.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Devonaut posted:

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think he means the set dungeon conquest, just the one that requires you to clear a GR55 wearing 8 unique class sets. That's one of the easier conquests since all it requires is time and at least two max level characters, most of whom can annihilate a GR55 even in total trash gear.

Wachu talkin bout Willis. He's talking about the 8 set dungeon OR the 6 different set GR55. It is easy though, just a bit annoying since you have to get 2 sets for the second character, at least for someone that doesn't want to play another one. Probably the best 3rd one to do for S17 though, unless you're real good and consistent with Act 1-5 in an hour.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

DrSeRRoD posted:

Wachu talkin bout Willis. He's talking about the 8 set dungeon OR the 6 different set GR55. It is easy though, just a bit annoying since you have to get 2 sets for the second character, at least for someone that doesn't want to play another one. Probably the best 3rd one to do for S17 though, unless you're real good and consistent with Act 1-5 in an hour.

That's right, there seems to be one set-related conquest each season.

I like trying different builds and collecting (hording) gear anyway so that part is fun. The set dungeons themselves are obnoxious but better than they used to be at least.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

MariusLecter posted:

I don't know why they call it 'lazy mancer' I'm killing stuff myself with the aoe bone storm and grim scythe. Avoiding hazards with bloodrush, and bone spirit bombing elites in the face.
With Rathma I'm just mostly spamming skeletal mages and I haven't tried it but just lol corpse lance build

Oh, bone spirit. I wish there was a set around bone spirit, and maybe also based around curses?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

DrSeRRoD posted:

unless you're consistent with Act 1-5 in an hour

good one bub

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Do the buffs for crusaders mean that LoN captain america will be a viable build?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

Do the buffs for crusaders mean that LoN captain america will be a viable build?

I was looking around the PTR leaderboards last night and IIRC there were some up around 120-121 solo with that build. And that was way higher than any other class I looked at if I remember right.

It was also weird to see the PTR DH leaderboards. Top 100ish none of them were using LoN, just shadow. Why would you even play the PTR to do the same build you can do any other time, with no new items or buffs? :wtc:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

I was looking around the PTR leaderboards last night and IIRC there were some up around 120-121 solo with that build. And that was way higher than any other class I looked at if I remember right.

It was also weird to see the PTR DH leaderboards. Top 100ish none of them were using LoN, just shadow. Why would you even play the PTR to do the same build you can do any other time, with no new items or buffs? :wtc:

Still useful as a benchmark.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Still useful as a benchmark.

It's not really apples to apples. On PTR the drop rate is insane (every chest drops at least one leg, every elite pack does as well it seems if not multiple) and blood shard amount is increased dramatically. You'll have guys running like 4-5+ primals which is unusual in a normal season. It's probably ball park when really at the top end it's skill more so that fractional % of gear, but still it's definitely different.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Ancient Vaults are pretty neat though. Shame Primal isn't any different. IMO, it should be similar to ancient, but all gel gobs.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DrSeRRoD posted:

Ancient Vaults are pretty neat though. Shame Primal isn't any different. IMO, it should be similar to ancient, but all Baroness Greed.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

As long as we get big ol' chests when we beat down their big old chests.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So what should the bovine bardiche do for ancient and primal versions?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MariusLecter posted:

My super lazy Bro

Seriously, I only use cooldowns for bosses, it's stupid fun and lazy

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Pharohman777 posted:

So what should the bovine bardiche do for ancient and primal versions?

Inspire disappointment.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Zarin posted:

In other news, I've been playing Tal Rasha Explosive Blast in preparation to learn something new for S17 to use Sages, and drat if that build isn't glass if you don't have stacks rolling. Engaging Malthael is a wild experience until you get the 4 stacks up.

I feel like the build is going to need some modification to survive T16 . . . not sure what I can do that would increase toughness without cratering damage, though. (I suppose that I haven't augmented yet, so that's an option, but still :v: )

Is that this build?

I was screwing around with a LoN EB build last night that was hilariously fun when it gets rolling.

https://twitter.com/Magus/status/1116232281859866624

I've tweaked it a little since that video, it now doesn't lose AP when spamming EB, so I always keep the Cuirass buff.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

oh my

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Magus42 posted:

Is that this build?

I was screwing around with a LoN EB build last night that was hilariously fun when it gets rolling.

https://twitter.com/Magus/status/1116232281859866624

I've tweaked it a little since that video, it now doesn't lose AP when spamming EB, so I always keep the Cuirass buff.

Hmm, I was NOT using that build, but I think I like it better than the one I was looking at! Goldwrap is crazy good for everything except trying to do the Malthael bounty.

I was concerned that it may not have the damage output for T16 (which would be equivalent to GR75), but I guess there's only one way to find out!

Edit: I've been dicking around with a Tal's Channel Meteor build that's very similar to my LoN farming build from the current season, but it still needs work to be comfortable in GR75, and I'm not sure if what I need to do to bring the toughness up where I want will ruin either the damage or the speed . . . more testing required)