Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

Painting seems like a lot of player work. Like, you have to feed in multiple actions and 3-4 cards and it creates drat near a dozen cards of clutter.

I need some automation or minor scripting

I have yet to complete my first rite.

The clutter it creates shields you from investigation behind a cloud of mystique, allowing you to pull more notorious poo poo. Hunters will pull either mystique or notoriety at random, and only notoriety creates evidence.

Protip: you can double tap a card to slot it into the window you have open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Are there any good games on Android to scratch the RTS itch? I'm not expecting straight up Starcraft or AoE, but something similar enough to play on the go would be incredible.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

wisdomHNOX posted:

Are there any good games on Android to scratch the RTS itch? I'm not expecting straight up Starcraft or AoE, but something similar enough to play on the go would be incredible.

Rusted Warfare is basically Command and Conquer and apparently pretty good.

Iron Marines looks more like a Starcraft with a fun art style.

Both are paid, but it is what it is.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 9, 2019

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Your first link doesn't go where you think it does.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Thank you! I dont mind a paid app so long as the gameplay is good. Also I'm not sure if it was intentional, but your first link leads not to the app page, but to an... interesting YouTube video.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Vulpes posted:

Lol, looking at the Awful Games thread. It's fixed now. Rusted Warfare has a demo, too, if you wanna try it out.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Vulpes posted:

:grin:

(saving the link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqI4WRQg_fI

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I'm trying to find an MMO game, doesnt matter if its somewhat PTW. If none are worth it, what's the best Final Fantasy game to go with that is a mobile exclusive?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

faantastic posted:

I'm trying to find an MMO game, doesnt matter if its somewhat PTW. If none are worth it, what's the best Final Fantasy game to go with that is a mobile exclusive?

Ragnarok Online: eternal M isn't bad for a while. I ran the guild there for a few months. I think it's still alive.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Det_no posted:

Nox or LDPlayer. Used Nox for a year with no problems, moved onto LDPlayer because a couple of games I wanted to play had to be in rendering modes incompatible with each other and LDPlayer sorts that out automatically.

I'm not sure how anyone uses Bluestacks these days. It's loving trash that looks more like a store with an emulator attached rather than the other way around.

This is from a while back, but I've been using Bluestacks for a little bit, and this post motivated me to at least look at Nox and LDPlayer. Both of them, however, recommend uninstalling system patch KB41000347, which (Google says) is supposed to protect against certain hardware vulnerabilities. Which, uh, makes me a little nervous about using them. As for MEmu (another recommendation in this thread), their support is apparently on Facebook, and they're based out of China. Now, I'm not advocating for Bluestacks - it's literally the first Android emulator I found - but if someone who's used it and some other emulator can advocate for me switching, I'd appreciate it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Piggy-backing on the previous post: any experience with PhoenixOS? it's just an Android emulator except you boot straight into it rather than running it in an existing OS. It looks even more shady than Bluestacks.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OhFunny posted:

There’s this guide that I think breaks it down pretty well. Although it was made before the latest expansion. I’ve played all the stories and enjoyed them.

https://teamrankstar.com/teslegends-new-player-guide/

Spend your gold in Solo Arena, then Versus arena.
Buy the 50 card decks for 500 gold each.
Buy the stories (best in terms of card quantity):
Dark Brotherhood,
Return to Clockwork City
Acquire the Forgotten Hero Collection/FrostSpark
Buy a 75 card deck (Dagoth, Redoran or Hlaalu).
Acquire the Madhouse Collection.
Puzzles are the last thing to buy.
Go crazy with card packs and/or the remaining 75 card decks.

I've been playing through like this, spending gold unlocking Story content and it's actually really well put together. It's got loads of really nice touches, the story games are not just regular games against the AI etc. The ability to import and export deck/collections is a godsend as well.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Unperson_47 posted:

Piggy-backing on the previous post: any experience with PhoenixOS? it's just an Android emulator except you boot straight into it rather than running it in an existing OS. It looks even more shady than Bluestacks.

There is a bunch of these but my experience with them is that it's a neat gimmick but nothing I'd use past installing and messing around with for a few minutes.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

YMBAB and 10000000 guy released a new game today. Looks like quite a departure from his match game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eightyeightgames.photographs

Anyone try it out yet?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Xtanstic posted:

YMBAB and 10000000 guy released a new game today. Looks like quite a departure from his match game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eightyeightgames.photographs

Anyone try it out yet?

I grabbed it, it's functional so far. I have only played 1.? of the 5 stories available at this point, the first of which took about a half hour to compete.

In the first episode your gameplay loop is to navigate grandpa and his granddaughter into the right position on a board by sliding them while avoiding traps. You then exit to a scene that's kinda like a Tiny Tower which changes to follow the story. You will then zoom into a particular part of the screen, after being given a clue what to focus on, which reveals the next board.

Everything works as it should, no bugs or anything breaking while I messed with it.

I think it was $5 and I only don't recommend it because it's honestly a little boring and I probably won't finish the content unless I find myself stuck on a bus for a long time. However I will spoil that the second chapter has an entirely different 'game' to it than the first, so there's potentially a lot of variety the deeper you go here.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Anyone playing Golf Clash? The game is incredibly easy to learn and very difficult to become really good at. It is the most fun I had on a mobile game in a while. I don't even like golf. I am just trying to get more of a guild going. Feel free to join, the name is Turps.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Akiosan posted:

Anyone playing Golf Clash? The game is incredibly easy to learn and very difficult to become really good at. It is the most fun I had on a mobile game in a while. I don't even like golf. I am just trying to get more of a guild going. Feel free to join, the name is Turps.

I found its PTW ceiling a couple seasons in. Shame cos I really like the format.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Does anyone have an opinion on Growtopia? Is it a bullshit grind, p2w, or is it legitimately good?

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...

Akiosan posted:

I really like the game but the timed loot crates make me quit every time I try to get into it. Also I'm not gonna spend money on it so the people who do can just destroy me.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I know it's an older game, but... in Pixel Starships, is there any sink for minerals and gas that I'm missing? I'm already upgrading everything I can at once, I have a research project going, and I've bought my crew for the day, but my holds are still full.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Surprised there's no TES: Blades thread yet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FistEnergy posted:

Surprised there's no TES: Blades thread yet

You have to wait two weeks before you can open it.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Akiosan posted:

Fun game ruined by IAPs and timed crates.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Honey Im Homme posted:

This could drat near be the thread title.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Saxophone posted:

This could drat near be the thread title.

I vote that it should be.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is coming to Android as a worldwide release

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Honey Im Homme posted:

Yes and no. I get my rear end beat now and then by someone who clearly spent a shitton of cash, but even that's not a substitute for a bit of good strategy.

I've beat up on people using whatever the latest massive crate balls and super-high level clubs because I actually plan my shots and think about where I want to put the ball, rather than just smashing the drive as far as possible and having to dig out of the sand/take a drop.

I tend to stick to the tournaments, anyway, since those are more dependent on your score than winning/losing.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Unfortunately, it sucks.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Is there a consensus on the best chess game?

Me and a buddy want to try and give it a go.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lichess or chess.com

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So back in that 90s there was a handheld monster battler game called Skannerz. You got your monsters by scanning barcodes. Has anyone made a modern take on that? I'm sure they could farm all sorts of data by kids scanning everything to try and get cooler monsters

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

So back in that 90s there was a handheld monster battler game called Skannerz. You got your monsters by scanning barcodes. Has anyone made a modern take on that? I'm sure they could farm all sorts of data by kids scanning everything to try and get cooler monsters

This got my nostalgia juices flowing, man. I remember a handheld game series called POX, had 3 colors/races, single player "campaign", and wireless pvp. You'd build your guy from a head, torso and legs, all of which had different attacks and poo poo. Man oh man.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This got my nostalgia juices flowing, man. I remember a handheld game series called POX, had 3 colors/races, single player "campaign", and wireless pvp. You'd build your guy from a head, torso and legs, all of which had different attacks and poo poo. Man oh man.

I remember POX as well. I was lucky enough to have two friends and we each got a different color. It was super fun.

As for Len's question, there are a variety of barcode scanner game apps. None of them that I've tried are really worth mentioning. There is definitely a game-design level issue where it's trivially easy to generate a barcode these days so if there's any sort of notion of "best" in terms of generated values, that's going to be available in the wild pretty quickly. Unless you're doing something like Mobile KANOJO where it's just using that data to build the appearance of a waifu.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

bring back ps1 monster rancher but use barcode scanning. I would be all over that. Bonus points for PVP.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Potsticker posted:

I remember POX as well. I was lucky enough to have two friends and we each got a different color. It was super fun.

Look at this person bragging about their two friends.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

phourniner posted:

bring back ps1 monster rancher but use barcode scanning. I would be all over that. Bonus points for PVP.

Or one that goes off mp3. I remember there being a tower defense that used mp3s to generate anime dudes but I think that mechanic also died

Edit: lol

P-O-X was introduced through a viral marketing scheme. Hasbro asked kids in Chicago schools, "playgrounds, skate parks and video arcades" who they thought the "coolest kid" was, until they found kids who felt they were "the coolest" themselves, and distributed free copies of the game to them.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

Or one that goes off mp3. I remember there being a tower defense that used mp3s to generate anime dudes but I think that mechanic also died

Edit: lol

P-O-X was introduced through a viral marketing scheme. Hasbro asked kids in Chicago schools, "playgrounds, skate parks and video arcades" who they thought the "coolest kid" was, until they found kids who felt they were "the coolest" themselves, and distributed free copies of the game to them.

They wanted to make sure that those kids got busted down a few pegs.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Any goons play AFK Arena, and if so, is there a thread for it that I'm missing?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

New Leaf posted:

Any goons play AFK Arena, and if so, is there a thread for it that I'm missing?

I do, but there isn't much of a game to it, other than the labyrinth. No thread afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

CompeAnansi posted:

I do, but there isn't much of a game to it, other than the labyrinth. No thread afaik.

Yeah I'm more looking for team build help.. Are you very far? Reddit hasn't been helpful. I'm to the point where all my guys are >100 except my primary tank, who is capped due to his ascension tier.. Lucius, the freebie you got as part of the launch campaign. I really don't have a tank as good as him, but now he's getting curbstomped within the first few seconds of a fight. My thought was to Reset him, then use his resources to level up someone else with a higher ascension tier, then add him on the Resonating Crystal.. would that put him up over 100, or does the Crystal still cap you at the max for your tier?