Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blaze union owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Sting games are bad.

incorrect

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Yggdra Union and Blaze Unions are up there as some of my favorite games. I still haven't gotten around to playing Gloria Union though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tired Moritz posted:

Sting games are bad.

Both Baroques are good as hell, actually

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Nep SRPG they made was pretty bad though

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The Nep SRPG they made was pretty bad though

That was the one where floor traps only applied to you and not enemies, right

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't remember that but it was the one where chests had elements and you needed an attack with that element to open them.
And a stupid self insert guy main character.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't remember that but it was the one where chests had elements and you needed an attack with that element to open them.

Hahaha

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I’m playing that right now and about all I can say is it’s playable and has a fun cast but I think I’d have more fun playing almost any other tactical RPG out there. I should probably stop playing it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Golden Battler posted:

Yggdra Union and Blaze Unions are up there as some of my favorite games. I still haven't gotten around to playing Gloria Union though.

It's not as good as the other two but still okay, pirate themed SRPG is something different and fun and the music is great like always.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The Nep SRPG is fine. It's not great but it's fine

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

the developer also claims that he didn't rip off a toro y moi song when he 1000% did. when i heard summer love in lisa i was like "drat, this is insanely good. why do i know this" and it's because it's divina by toro y moi but changed a little bit.

either way you dont need to know poo poo about the developer to enjoy the game

if SRPGs count and you want an obscure japanese game you've gotta try out Brigandine: Legend of Forsena

In that case he should play the Grand Edition which has more stuff and was never officially translated (although there is now an almost complete fan tl, complete with terrible voiceovers)

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

If SRPGs count, my nomination is Kartia.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Sakurazuka posted:

And a stupid self insert guy main character.

you had to attack it with its weakness and you can easily make characters normal attack elemental for cheap

the self insert was bad yeah

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

cheetah7071 posted:

The Nep SRPG is fine. It's not great but it's fine

yeah it's more boring than terrible imo

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I'm hoping for a minor miracle here but here goes:

Any of you know of any resource that has a decent plot synopsis of the obscure game Ogre Battle: Prince of X(Z)enobia for the Neo Geo Pocket Color?

My searches so far aren't really bringing up too much more than a paragraph or two.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Final Fantasy IX is simply charming the pants off me. Never beat it 20 years ago but I think I will this time. Steiner is hilarious and his support of Vivi is beautiful.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

rabidsquid posted:

either way you dont need to know poo poo about the developer to enjoy the game

Careful, some loud people in the thread don't agree with this at all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Go away Verranicus

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

atholbrose posted:

If SRPGs count, my nomination is Kartia.

I remember really loving Kartia when I was a teen and I loved the word-crafting system even though I think I knew back then it wasn't a great system anyway. Lacryma's route I remember being like where all the the real emotional drops about the setting and characters happen

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Verranicus gets upset when people don't approve of, say, rpgs where you rape people as a gameplay mechanic. It's those drat SJWs! They want to take that away from him!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS-RB-goZqk

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

corn in the bible posted:

Verranicus gets upset when people don't approve of, say, rpgs where you rape people as a gameplay mechanic. It's those drat SJWs! They want to take that away from him!

Verrancius had a gimmick in the FF14 thread where he would just quote stupid posts from the official forums and honestly the quality of his posts went down when he stopped.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tired Moritz posted:

Sting games are bad.

treasure hunter g is pure gold though

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

They clearly said no garbage games. :colbert:

The White Dragon posted:

remove breath of fire 3

Remove urself.

rabidsquid posted:

if SRPGs count and you want an obscure japanese game you've gotta try out Brigandine: Legend of Forsena

This game is so good. The only real downside is that you can end up steamrolling the second half of a playthrough if you're good about not constantly losing units in battle (especially if you're good at hitting enemy leaders and capturing their good soldiers) and there really isn't much of a challenge when you have a bunch of level 30 squads running around wrecking everything. Especially if you included a caster or two with the crazy powerful thunder(?) AOE spell.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Remove urself.

it's too bad i couldn't remove myself from the boat and pull poo poo out of a well and pull poo poo out of the ocean minigames

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The best part of BoF3 was training that weak dude.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Verranicus posted:

I made him buff as hell. He flipped Bluto's or whoever's poo poo upside down, let me tell ya.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I was real into the sushi minigame when I was a kid even though I always sucked at making it

I think the mayor always gave me ammonia as a prize lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Verranicus posted:

yeah i actually liked training royd or whatever his name is

they should have let you fail that quest and zig becomes the harbor master

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I really wanted to beat FF9 again but the rerelease kept crashing.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
I had that problem too, except it was me that kept crashing. The first couple hours of that game are so boring I actually couldn't keep my eyes open.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

User posted:

I had that problem too, except it was me that kept crashing. The first couple hours of that game are so boring I actually couldn't keep my eyes open.

What!? The whole kidnapping sequence is a humorous and charming romp! It's adorable. And then the forest and ice cave, well... it gets good again right after that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
actually i really love ice cavern and cursed forest

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Same. The beginning of FF9 is actually the best part. The worst is at the point where you have to go to that area where you can't use magic or whatever bullshit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
to be fair oelivert is easy in its own way, in that the only enemy you encounter there dies if you use a Soft on it

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

the worst part of FF9 is when you get a fixed party and I go "When can I use Freya again" and the answer is "NOT UNTIL THE NEXT DISC" :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FF9 starts fun and then immediately nosedives until im at the end of the game just not giving a poo poo how ow why any of the end game garbage is supposed to tie in.

I think FF9 is by far my least favroite FF setting/world

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I love all of Final Fantasy 9, it's my favorite Final Fantasy, but I can 100% understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Barudak posted:

FF9 starts fun and then immediately nosedives until im at the end of the game just not giving a poo poo how ow why any of the end game garbage is supposed to tie in.

I think FF9 is by far my least favroite FF setting/world

Really? Even more than 13?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

FF9's only flaw is that dull-rear end Amarant joins the party instead of his counterpart Lani.