Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
When are we finally geting Pokémon Pinball 3 :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

With the ability (in handheld mode) to orient the Switch vertically, Pokémon Pinball 3 would be amazing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cT6ULpScZA

Cross-posting from the Polygon thread because I think this thread can appreciate having their own Terry at one point or another.

This is amazing

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

It can be both!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Alright that's it. I'm convinced the Alolans are playing a prank on me. Like how Amazonian and Pacific tribes make up fake traditions and stuff so they can laugh at the Anthropologists for believing them. Hala was all "Watch this Kukui, I'm going to convince this dumb tourist to wear this ridiculous outfit while riding a Tauros." And the Professor is all "No man tell him he has to do this ridiculous Ginyu Force routine to use a Z-Move, It'll be hilarious."

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

galagazombie posted:

Alright that's it. I'm convinced the Alolans are playing a prank on me. Like how Amazonian and Pacific tribes make up fake traditions and stuff so they can laugh at the Anthropologists for believing them. Hala was all "Watch this Kukui, I'm going to convince this dumb tourist to wear this ridiculous outfit while riding a Tauros." And the Professor is all "No man tell him he has to do this ridiculous Ginyu Force routine to use a Z-Move, It'll be hilarious."

The game would be 1000% better if this was actually the case.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

galagazombie posted:

Just wait until you get the Ground, Dark, and Fairy chaos emeralds Z-Stones.

Honestly though, I think the protective gear is cute. But I very much wish it was customizable. Or at least replaceable with the sick outfit for the final ride-mon.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

galagazombie posted:

I'm going to be that guy in regards to this: you have to remember this is, at its core, a game for kids. Teaching kids to wear proper safety gear is, to me anyway, no joke.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

iospace posted:

I'm going to be that guy in regards to this: you have to remember this is, at its core, a game for kids. Teaching kids to wear proper safety gear is, to me anyway, no joke.

I mean, when the proper gear goes alongside “you can ride a bull and a flying fire breathing dragon”...

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's incredibly important for my pit-fighting murderbeasts to know how to do safe chokeholds.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Real reason was probably to prevent clipping of the models.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

YaketySass posted:

It's incredibly important for my pit-fighting murderbeasts to know how to do safe chokeholds.

My safeword is "Return".

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

YaketySass posted:

Well, yeah. That's what Machoke's belt is for, for example.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean, when the proper gear goes alongside “you can ride a bull and a flying fire breathing dragon”...

Yeah that's true.

I'm a bicyclist at heart (both in game and in real life :v:)

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

How have we not had a bicycle pokemon yet?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

BattleCattle posted:

How have we not had a bicycle pokemon yet?

Tauros

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gogoat

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Skiddo is the equivalent of a dirt bike and it's a goddamn shame it's only rideable in one small area

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

galagazombie posted:

I do think it's weird that Hau is the only one who waves hello/goodbye instead of using the Alolan greeting of whatever the gently caress it is

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

indigi posted:

I do think it's weird that Hau is the only one who waves hello/goodbye instead of using the Alolan greeting of whatever the gently caress it is

It's supposed to be a rainbow.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198gzllaumo

Hey pokemon thread just poppin in to make sure y'all saw this, okay bye

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That Snubbull is cute.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They don't look as horrifying anymore.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Hell yeah at my boy Torterra.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

indigi posted:

it's because hau is haolefied/culturally unovan

prof kukui too, why do you think he wants to bring the pokemon league to alola

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

That Pangoro is extremely baller :allears:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Jim the Nickel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198gzllaumo

Hey pokemon thread just poppin in to make sure y'all saw this, okay bye

This looks and better and better and I want it to succeed so loving badly if only so the company looks at this and starts giving the green light for movies that do their own thing instead of Ash adventure # 236823764873464

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There should be some Mewtwo Strikes Back news within the hour. It's a segment on a children's TV show not dedicated to pokemon.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1116104167293169665
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1116103707727409153

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This dude's about to introduce the toonami block

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Compare:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They don't look as horrifying anymore.

VS
Barbie doll-lookin mofos.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is this upcoming Mewtwo movie just going to be a straight remake of the original only now with terrible CGI?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I never thought of Sneasel as fuzzy, but I'm glad they did.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Larryb posted:

So is this upcoming Mewtwo movie just going to be a straight remake of the original only now with terrible CGI?

Looks that way.

Apparently Armored Mewtwo might be coming to Pokemon Go, and with rumors of Pokemon Armor in Sword/Shield, I guess this is their way of tying everything together?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The White Dragon posted:

it's because hau is haolefied/culturally unovan

prof kukui too, why do you think he wants to bring the pokemon league to alola

yeah but Kukui has an excuse, he was probably pressured to assimilate a bit cause of his Unovan wife. I guess Hau's learning from his example and got his sights set on some big city trim

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

While I'm sure it will be family friendly, I still have no idea who exactly detective Pikachu is aimed at.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

ItBreathes posted:

While I'm sure it will be family friendly, I still have no idea who exactly detective Pikachu is aimed at.

Me

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

ItBreathes posted:

"Family film people without kids will go see" is pretty much the holy grail of cinema from a financial point of view. You basically hit every single demographic from 8-40 if you can achieve it, and the new formula is "update an IP from when the 20-35 demographic were kids". Hence Detective Pikachu, the terrible Sonic film, Dora the Explorer, Wreck-It Ralph and probably a billion others now coming down the pipe. Frozen 2 doesn't fit the formula but you can see from the trailer it's also trying to convince people outside the parent/child demographic to come see it.

If the formula keeps working, in 2039 the big film of the year will be a remake of A Dog Day Afternoon but with the cast of Paw Patrol. And maybe a remake of Jaws, but the bought the rights to Baby Shark and decided to call it that instead.

But also:

Me too

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pentaro posted:

Compare:

VS

Barbie doll-lookin mofos.

You're right and you should say it.

Reveilled posted:

"Family film people without kids will go see" is pretty much the holy grail of cinema from a financial point of view. You basically hit every single demographic from 8-40 if you can achieve it, and the new formula is "update an IP from when the 20-35 demographic were kids". Hence Detective Pikachu, the terrible Sonic film, Dora the Explorer, Wreck-It Ralph and probably a billion others now coming down the pipe. Frozen 2 doesn't fit the formula but you can see from the trailer it's also trying to convince people outside the parent/child demographic to come see it.

If the formula keeps working, in 2039 the big film of the year will be a remake of A Dog Day Afternoon but with the cast of Paw Patrol. And maybe a remake of Jaws, but the bought the rights to Baby Shark and decided to call it that instead.

But also:

Me too

Me as well. So very hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This dude's about to introduce the toonami block

I'm not letting this post slip by without a :laffo:

I really hope they do one of those model kits for the Mewtwo armor thing's new design.