Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

what the gently caress are those arrows supposed to be pointing to. whoever designed that graphic needs to be fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol no poo poo. And what's with the rando giant blue arrow pointing nowhere?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

indigi posted:

what the gently caress are those arrows supposed to be pointing to. whoever designed that graphic needs to be fired

They're illustrating who is pictured to the side, not pointing directly to them. But yeah your brain picks up on that discrepancy instantly

mcmagic posted:

I no longer hope that Bosa drops to the Jets after learning that he's a MAGA Chud.

I believe Quinnen Williams is the better prospect anyways. I know end is more of a premiere position (at least that's the common knowledge, which seems to be changing slowly) but Williams just seems way more explosive to me. Hell Josh Allen may be a better edge player than Bosa.

I agree though. No Chuds on my team please

Play fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 10, 2019

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

bring any wrongvoter or whatever the gently caress kind of rear end in a top hat on my team if it gets them a step closer to winning another super bowl

lol if you care about what kind of brain the players on your team have, it's all going to be mush in a few years so who gives a poo poo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Also your team has chuds on it anyway, who cares

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mcmagic posted:

I no longer hope that Bosa drops to the Jets after learning that he's a MAGA Chud.

I have really bad news about your owner

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Play posted:

Do you like Haskins?
I do because he can sit + the Bengals have Alex Van Pelt on staff.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Every owner and white player in the league is a chud until proven otherwise.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Every owner and white player in the league is a chud until proven otherwise.

Narrator voice: It was never proven otherwise

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Docjowles posted:

Narrator voice: It was never proven otherwise

Seth Devalve is cool and good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Nick bosa could sig heil before every game if he got 15 sacks a season

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Also your team has chuds on it anyway, who cares

wrong. My team is composed only of Black Panthers and full-blown communists

Sour Diesel posted:

bring any wrongvoter or whatever the gently caress kind of rear end in a top hat on my team if it gets them a step closer to winning another super bowl

lol if you care about what kind of brain the players on your team have, it's all going to be mush in a few years so who gives a poo poo

by "whatever the gently caress kind of rear end in a top hat" do you also mean woman-beaters and child abusers? Rapists? Murderers? Everyone is gonna draw the line in a different place but there's still a line no matter what.

Still I admit that I'm not that excited about Bosa as a prospect either. I really do think teams would be better served elsewhere in those first few picks, regardless of him being a massive idiot

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Play posted:

wrong

by "whatever the gently caress kind of rear end in a top hat" do you also mean woman-beaters and child abusers? Rapists? Murderers?

go ravens

Play
Apr 25, 2006

okay you got me there lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why would you care if the person you are watching purposefully destroying their body and mind is bad?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Metapod posted:

Why would you care if the person you are watching purposefully destroying their body and mind is bad?

Usually people like to cheer for their team. Most folks don't like cheering for people they don't like. Not too complicated but I'll just leave it there because it's kind of a dumb discussion anyways.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Metapod posted:

because they aren't doing it fast enough

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

because they aren't doing it fast enough

maybe I;ll allow chuds to sign with my team, but they'll be banned from wearing helmets

e: I'm a little intrigued with Tyree Jackson. The dude's unpolished as hell, his mechanics are awful, but he's never had a private coach to teach him all that. He's huge with a big arm (that would get even bigger if he threw the ball with good mechanics). Could be a lot of value there outside of the second round if some team wants to take on a project quarterback who could turn out to be a really good player

Play fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 10, 2019

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

I dunno, Taylor Lewan still kinda can go gently caress himself, as far I'm concerned.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Probably Magic posted:

I dunno, Taylor Lewan still kinda can go gently caress himself, as far I'm concerned.

Every time he stops a pass rusher he gives himself more brain damage.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

Nick bosa could sig heil before every game if he got 15 sacks a season

Good to know Ross's boundary line for Nazis.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Good to know Ross's boundary line for Nazis.

Noted Jew Mike Greenberg

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Play posted:

e: I'm a little intrigued with Tyree Jackson. The dude's unpolished as hell, his mechanics are awful, but he's never had a private coach to teach him all that. He's huge with a big arm (that would get even bigger if he threw the ball with good mechanics). Could be a lot of value there outside of the second round if some team wants to take on a project quarterback who could turn out to be a really good player

I'm reeeeeally interested to see which team takes a 4th round flyer on him. He seems like he could turn out to be unstoppable if he found the right situation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1116025632998264833

definitely the actions of a team with no other holes and total faith in their qb's shoulder.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ironic Twist posted:

I'm reeeeeally interested to see which team takes a 4th round flyer on him. He seems like he could turn out to be unstoppable if he found the right situation.

He's absolute garbage. Bigger project than Logan Thomas.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Probably Magic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjBLUwIe4g

The Dolphins paid Andre Branch $17m and the only good thing they got out of it was him knocking out Taylor Lewan as far as I'm concerned

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Best case scenario, Kyler Murray is a way more athletic Baker Mayfield that can run the ball. Or, from the other perspective, a Lamar Jackson who can pass like an NFL quarterback.

What's not to like about that? I keep getting more and more convinced that the kid is gonna be a star

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Because worst case scenario he doesn't get the wide open passing lanes he got in college or gets obliterated by a single sack

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Doltos posted:

Because worst case scenario he doesn't get the wide open passing lanes he got in college or gets obliterated by a single sack

what can i say, im an optimist.

he's gonna be a star. book it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I’ll stake my claim in the “Kyler Murray will bust” territory.

Last time I did that the player became an MVP his first year as a starter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my sources tell me that clayton thorson is soaring up draft boards, people believe he could be the "evolutionary trevor siemian"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

my sources tell me that clayton thorson is soaring up draft boards, people believe he could be the "evolutionary trevor siemian"

Wasn't there a time when people were talking him up as possibly the first quarterback off the board this year? I'm not imagining that am I?

It definitely seems like a fever dream now.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Definitely seems like a guy the Pats spend a 3rd on and flip in 2 years because Brady is actually a daywalker.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I don't think you people understand that Thorson is Tall and Just Wins Games

(Thorson rules)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

don't know anything about him but from his name I'm gonna guess that he's a real gritty, blue collar, first in last out kind of guy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Play posted:

don't know anything about him but from his name I'm gonna guess that he's a real gritty, blue collar, first in last out kind of guy

He is also a Leader and Tough as Nails

anyway here is my favorite thorson highlight, him just running past a bunch of nebraska players who apparently have never tackled a football player in their entire lives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DnrIJvCcjw

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
If you're an Athletic subscriber (you should be, totally worth it), they just released their draft guide and it's, uh, awesome

https://theathletic.com/917951/2019/04/15/the-beast-is-here-dane-bruglers-2019-nfl-draft-guide/

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Dane Brugler draft guide is always great and I always buy it.

Interesting how they’re tying it to subscriptions to The Athletic this year.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Doltos posted:

Exactly. The NFL is such a different beast than college. College teams might have 3 or 4 NFL caliber players on them. Less than 2% of players make it to the NFL in any capacity.

It's a gamble if you get Russ Wilson 2.0, or a 5'10" QB that gets demolished in the NFL. I'll be very disappointed if Arizona drafts him. I think Rosen has a higher ceiling, but will take longer to develop (compare him to Goff). Murray behind whoever they manage to get to play on the oline in Arizona is a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd trade down a few spots, hold one of the QB needy teams hostage for the pick, and try to get better in weaker areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i absolutely cannot believe TJ Hockensen's rise. Before the season it was a foregone conclusion that Noah Fant was gonna be the top tight end in the draft and the only question was "how high will he go" and he had the season everyone expected of him (lots of double coverage because he was Iowa's best pass-catcher but still able to make plays) and is gonna end up a first round draft pick

but out of loving nowhere the second tight end on the depth chart has a season for the ages, wins the Mackey Award, and is going into the draft as a top 10-15 player overall. I feel pretty comfortable in saying that no team has ever had two tight ends drafted in the first round, and that it's quite possibly the most Kirk Ferentz thing Kirk Ferentz has accomplished in his NCAA career. The two of them plus Kittle is gonna bring us back to the heyday of when literally a quarter of the teams in the NFL had an Iowa tight end on their roster, but better because with the exception of Dallas Clark, most of those guys were backups/mediocre starters