Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

bag em and tag em posted:

Congratulations to Vice President Pence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

*screams the n word in gamerish*

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What page did those horse pictures come from? In its infinite wisdom, Tumblr dumps all of its images in a big bucket, so you can't work it out from the url.

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

I like the effort of themed sandwiches, but the actual sammich composition looks pretty goddamn sad. Packaged ham slice, american cheese, and miracle whip sad.

A friend went to a conference and the lunch menu said "deli sandwich" for the entree. When inquiring which toppings were included in a Deli Sandwich, they were met with an eye-roll "it's a deli sandwich (...idiot)" response from the kitchen staff. Is that what I'm looking at? Horse deli sandwiches with crust cut off? These are the things that keep me up at night.

I may be from a part of the country that doesn't know what a de-facto deli sandwich is but I'm curious.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the fukken pregnancy glamour shots for a horse ahahahahahhahaa

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"be sure to rub the oil on her belly so its shiny for the picture" says the old white woman

[photographer's aide making $12/hr] "lmao yeah sure why not maybe she'll get spooked and kick me to death worth a shot"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bike tory posted:

Baby showers are traditionally women-only I mean, not gender reveal parties. Baby showers are changing and I've been to a couple as a dude, but most are still only women.

your family is weird. mines mostly women only because the family itself is mostly women. thanks, various deadbeat dads

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Have to admit, did not see that ending coming.

ekuNNN posted:

A horse themed gender reveal party! So tacky and decadent and gross.

Wait its literally for a horse :stonk:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ekuNNN posted:

A horse themed gender reveal party! So tacky and decadent and gross.

quote:

This last injustice brought Contat to the theme of cats. They occupied a special place in his narrative and in the household of the rue Saint-Séverin. The master's wife adored them, especially la grise (the gray), her favorite. A passion for cats seemed to have swept through the printing trade, at least at the level of the masters, or bourgeois as the workers called them. One bourgeois kept twenyfive cats. He had their portraits painted and fed them on roast fowl. Meanwhile, the apprentices were trying to cope with a profusion of alley cats who also thrived in the printing district and made the boys' lives miserable. The cats howled all night on the roof over the apprentices' dingy bedroom, making it impossible to get a full night's sleep. As Jerome and Léveillé had to stagger out of bed at four or five in the morning to open the gate for the earliest arrivals among the journeymen, they began the day in a state of exhaustion while the bourgeois slept late. The master did not even work with the men, just as he did not eat with them. He let the foreman run the shop and rarely appeared in it, except to vent his violent temper, usually at the expense of the apprentices.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoku posted:

[photographer's aide making $12/hr]

Whoa there!

Neigh!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1113868690078846981?s=09

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
This whole article about the modern Pinkertons is chilling but I especially enjoy this part

NYT posted:

Among their most popular new services is the Pinkerton Dedicated Professional, in which agents join a client’s company like any other new hire, allowing them to provide intel on employees. By 2018, the agency said it could count among its clients about 80 percent of Fortune 1,000 companies.
gently caress Pinkertons. Is there any better way to signal you're on the supply side of evil than to join, or employ, the Pinkertons?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

snoo posted:

I hate baby gender reveal parties and the weird gendered 'buck or doe? trucks or tutus?' poo poo so much, that seeing it was for an actual horse was a relief

Yeah I legitimately felt a bit of a wave of relief once I got past the initial :wtc: moment because at least they're doing it to a horse and not a human child who would probably be ~mommy's little colt~ forever, and god help them if they're even a little bit queer or trans

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh good, quotables!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Asimov posted:

I like the effort of themed sandwiches, but the actual sammich composition looks pretty goddamn sad. Packaged ham slice, american cheese, and miracle whip sad.

That's the most flavor you get in the midwest, and I guarantee some people would consider that too spicy

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah I legitimately felt a bit of a wave of relief once I got past the initial :wtc: moment because at least they're doing it to a horse and not a human child who would probably be ~mommy's little colt~ forever, and god help them if they're even a little bit queer or trans

You just wait until some researcher discovers that horses can be trans too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You know the movie will be hip because it has gangsters paradise in it!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Imagined posted:

This whole article about the modern Pinkertons is chilling but I especially enjoy this part

gently caress Pinkertons. Is there any better way to signal you're on the supply side of evil than to join, or employ, the Pinkertons?
You'd think they'd want to rebrand as something inoffensive and bland like "Burns Security Solutions" or something. Securitas is clearly going full cyberpunk.

It's gonna be funny as gently caress when they all get whacked by terrorists dressed like Die Antwoord.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Talking about security companies, don't forget that rich neighborhoods hired blackwater to protect their gated communities during katrina and killed a bunch of minorities.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

You'd think they'd want to rebrand as something inoffensive and bland like "Burns Security Solutions" or something. Securitas is clearly going full cyberpunk.

It's gonna be funny as gently caress when they all get whacked by terrorists dressed like Die Antwoord.

They've been acquired and merged so many times, the only thing left is the name, and I think you keep that precisely because of its reputation as the jackboots on the ground for capitalism.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Imagined posted:

i had no idea pinkertons were still a thing, but holy poo poo does that sound like something they'd be into based on their history. can i infiltrate the infiltrators? sounds worth while to sabotage corporate narcs

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
gently caress yeah

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Asimov posted:

A friend went to a conference and the lunch menu said "deli sandwich" for the entree. When inquiring which toppings were included in a Deli Sandwich, they were met with an eye-roll "it's a deli sandwich (...idiot)" response from the kitchen staff. Is that what I'm looking at? Horse deli sandwiches with crust cut off? These are the things that keep me up at night.

I may be from a part of the country that doesn't know what a de-facto deli sandwich is but I'm curious.

Yes, as if delis do not produce lots of different kinds of sandwiches with different meats, cheeses, vegetables, condiments, and breads.

Unless you're in Brumbelch, Nebrahoma. There the only option is Wonder Bread, a Kraft Single, and some bologna.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

your family is weird. mines mostly women only because the family itself is mostly women. thanks, various deadbeat dads

My family is weird for sure, but no one in my family has had a baby shower. The women only thing is absolutely the tradition, to the point that MRAs rant about it on the internet and people will specifically say that a baby shower is co-ed.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Warmachine posted:

Unless you're in Brumbelch, Nebrahoma. There the only option is Wonder Bread, a Kraft Single, and some bologna.

The perfect finger food to wash down with Coors Light, the champagne of beers.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

bike tory posted:

My family is weird for sure, but no one in my family has had a baby shower. The women only thing is absolutely the tradition, to the point that MRAs rant about it on the internet and people will specifically say that a baby shower is co-ed.

So the MRAs WANT to be invited to baby showers? :psyduck: Because when I finally started getting invited to baby showers it was the only time I've ever jokingly thought 'maybe gender equality has gone too far'. Would be more than happy to let the ladies keep the exclusivity on that one.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

bike tory posted:

do they also want women at stag parties?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Imagined posted:

So the MRAs WANT to be invited to baby showers? :psyduck: Because when I finally started getting invited to baby showers it was the only time I've ever jokingly thought 'maybe gender equality has gone too far'. Would be more than happy to let the ladies keep the exclusivity on that one.

Men: Why cant we go to baby showers?!

also men: gently caress gently caress gently caress I burned down the county at my baby party fuuuuck

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Imagined posted:

At every baby shower I've been to the only guys were the ones forced along by their significant others and everyone was bored. There's usually some form of free food though so at least it isn't a complete waste of time

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I think that's it, really. It's less egalitarianism and more misery loves company. "I have to go to this loving thing so God damnit you're not getting out of it just for being a penis haver."

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Imagined posted:

They want to be invited, but probably don't want to actually go.

And generally I think baby showers are a good and useful tradition. It's all about passing on experience and wisdom, and even the more consumerist side of it tend to result in practical gifts, unlike birthdays/Christmas/basically every other celebration

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

bike tory posted:

They want to be invited, but probably don't want to actually go.

And generally I think baby showers are a good and useful tradition. It's all about passing on experience and wisdom, and even the more consumerist side of it tend to result in practical gifts, unlike birthdays/Christmas/basically every other celebration

Yeah I don't enjoy going to them but I'm absolutely down for having one because baby poo poo is expensive and I'll take as many handouts as I can get. Not sure but do gender reveal parties come with free carseats and poo poo too?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ekuNNN posted:

Huh. I never thought I'd say something 'I kinda hope that unborn horse dies' but there ya go.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Len posted:

Yeah I don't enjoy going to them but I'm absolutely down for having one because baby poo poo is expensive and I'll take as many handouts as I can get. Not sure but do gender reveal parties come with free carseats and poo poo too?

I actually don't know, it isn't something that's caught on outside of the US yet afaik

Again I generally don't mind people finding reasons to gather friends/family and celebrate, since after most people are married the only time you really get everyone together like that is at funerals, but gender reveals seem particularly obnoxious to me for some reason. Maybe it's the aggressive heteronormativity of it idk

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Len posted:

I guess it depends on who's coming and whether or not you use the opportunity to invite over all your worst relatives and replace the big reveal moment with a "PSYCH gender is a social construct bitches our kid is a person above all else"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bike tory posted:

I actually don't know, it isn't something that's caught on outside of the US yet afaik

Again I generally don't mind people finding reasons to gather friends/family and celebrate, since after most people are married the only time you really get everyone together like that is at funerals, but gender reveals seem particularly obnoxious to me for some reason. Maybe it's the aggressive heteronormativity of it idk

All the ones I've ever heard about were put on by clearly very right-wing people (probably because they gently caress it up in funny ways so I hear about it but still) and the whole thing reeks of something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe some kind of het couple equivalent of toxic masculinity? A celebration of all the weird conservative gender norms they always seem to involve like blue / pink, or whatever the gently caress those fonts were doing with that horse one?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

I guess it depends on who's coming and whether or not you use the opportunity to invite over all your worst relatives and replace the big reveal moment with a "PSYCH gender is a social construct bitches our kid is a person above all else"

gently caress maybe I'll do this with our next kid. Everyone gathered around excitedly as I pull the cord to reveal the banner on which they all expect "it's a boy/girl!" but instead it says "seminar on the social construction of gender" and I ask them to all take their seats so we can begin.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I was about to say you could do it right by changing the big reveal to something like "PENIS OR VAGINA?" but then you'd have to call it a "sex reveal party" which is a completely different and much more fun kind of party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shame Boy posted:

All the ones I've ever heard about were put on by clearly very right-wing people (probably because they gently caress it up in funny ways so I hear about it but still) and the whole thing reeks of something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe some kind of het couple equivalent of toxic masculinity? A celebration of all the weird conservative gender norms they always seem to involve like blue / pink, or whatever the gently caress those fonts were doing with that horse one?

It's a reactionary ritualizing the imposition of gender norms on the kid before it's born (the polar opposite of a "no gender" birth cert eg) and celebrating the blood purity of the nation or some such on top of capitalist frivolity.