Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Agean90 posted:

Trump betrays everyone who helps him, lol that that ASSaange decided to give him one of the most powerful offices on the planet

I mean it seems pretty clear to me that this is closing up loose ends, right? like, Assange will be tried in the most outrageous fashion, all court documents/filings will be sealed for national security purposes, he’ll get railroaded in a way that isn’t even very interesting to watch, and will shortly thereafter get murdered in prison by an inmate who “accidentally got out of his cell at the same time as assange during morning shower call”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
post trump supporters realizing that they're going to be killed by trump here

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1116321772201078786

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

1redflag posted:

I mean it seems pretty clear to me that this is closing up loose ends, right? like, Assange will be tried in the most outrageous fashion, all court documents/filings will be sealed for national security purposes, he’ll get railroaded in a way that isn’t even very interesting to watch, and will shortly thereafter get murdered in prison by an inmate who “accidentally got out of his cell at the same time as assange during morning shower call”.

Yes, the Trump administration is hyper-competent. All the super incompetent stuff they do constantly day to day every day every minute every dumb tweet is just a cover. Now that there is a moment in Trumps nth degree chess play to deal with this troublesome leak he's taken and forced Assange not to shower or feed his cat or act like a basic human being, and that's why Ecuador is kicking him out of the embassy, so Trump can tie up loose ends.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Let's be real, the #1 goal of any Republican administration is to transfer wealth from the poor to the rich, and the tax bill was a stunning success.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Let's be real, the #1 goal of any Republican administration is to transfer wealth from the poor to the rich, and the tax bill was a stunning success.

oh, naturally, and it was even spelled out quite clearly in the bill itself

but people just believed the PR campaign around it and Trump himself so lmfao

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Agean90 posted:

Trump betrays everyone who helps him, lol that that ASSaange decided to give him one of the most powerful offices on the planet

I think it's likely (and hence darkly humorous) that Trump has no cognition of Assange beyond being aware that the US government wants him for some reason, and some nobody country like Ecuador has been keeping him from us. So that alone is probably reason enough for Trump to not intervene or aid him; Assange is a 'loser', while the US (and ergo Trump) somehow has won.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
It'd be pretty lol if Trump sentenced Assange to death

I mean, it would suck for human rights, but it would be funny

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

pseudanonymous posted:

Yes, the Trump administration is hyper-competent. All the super incompetent stuff they do constantly day to day every day every minute every dumb tweet is just a cover. Now that there is a moment in Trumps nth degree chess play to deal with this troublesome leak he's taken and forced Assange not to shower or feed his cat or act like a basic human being, and that's why Ecuador is kicking him out of the embassy, so Trump can tie up loose ends.

I agree, there is definitely no way that a con man would act one way in public yet harbor ulterior motives in secret. also, yes, I believe that the Ecuadorian government put up with assange living in their embassy for the last 4 years (at least it feels that long) but now they are fed up because he hasnt been showering regularly. yep, checks out.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

euphronius posted:

assange also said he’s targeting Clinton because trump is anti war

I’m not making that up

well yeah that's correct, hilary is a fascist militarist

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the only thing that would be funnier than Assange getting totally railroaded would be Assange getting pardoned by Trump with special thanks for all the good work he did to get him elected

that said, the only reason the former is more likely is that Trump reflexively screws everybody who helps him

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Epic High Five posted:

the only thing that would be funnier than Assange getting totally railroaded would be Assange getting pardoned by Trump with special thanks for all the good work he did to get him elected

that said, the only reason the former is more likely is that Trump reflexively screws everybody who helps him
Trmpu is incapable of admitting that he needed anyone's help to achieve anything, because it would cut against his self-image as a brilliant self-made genius master dealmaker businessman. It's why he goes out of his way to screw over or humiliate anyone who helps him - their presence is a constant reminder him that he's not the person that he imagines/projects himself to be.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FMguru posted:

Trmpu is incapable of admitting that he needed anyone's help to achieve anything, because it would cut against his self-image as a brilliant self-made genius master dealmaker businessman. It's why he goes out of his way to screw over or humiliate anyone who helps him - their presence is a constant reminder him that he's not the person that he imagines/projects himself to be.

yeah lol, the incredible bit is how many people think that THEY will be the first one to profit by working for or defending Trump

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

I mean, it would suck for human rights, but it would be funny

This attitude needs to die. Seriously gently caress off with this irony poisoned poo poo. I love these forums but the worst part of them is that they've trained way too many people to value a lol over anything that's actually important IRL. I don't care if it's a "joke". Knock it off.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Elephant Ambush posted:

This attitude needs to die. Seriously gently caress off with this irony poisoned poo poo. I love these forums but the worst part of them is that they've trained way too many people to value a lol over anything that's actually important IRL. I don't care if it's a "joke". Knock it off.

lol

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

gently caress off

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can I interest you in a chill the gently caress out pill

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Epic High Five posted:

oh, naturally, and it was even spelled out quite clearly in the bill itself

but people just believed the PR campaign around it and Trump himself so lmfao

Many of those poors also believed that they were included in "the rich," if the millionaires' tears are indicative of anything, lol

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Elephant Ambush posted:

these forum really is, Something Awful

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

This thread is trying to enjoy a few lols while we burn in hellworld. Wait, these bad things we are laughing at are bad? :monocle:

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

gently caress off

no you

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol if you'd spare the death penalty to assange just cause Chelsea rules

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
my sources say the death penalty, for espionage, being considered for julian assange. i am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Assange, a strange bearded weirdo who doesn't bathe, getting dragged out is pretty loving funny

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol has the US ever done anything that was GOOD for human rights? I just kinda figured like it was the implied you at the start of an imperative sentence whenever US law enforcement comes up

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

Assange, a strange bearded weirdo who doesn't bathe, getting dragged out is pretty loving funny

maybe this is why it's striking so close to home for some goons

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Epic High Five posted:

lol has the US ever done anything that was GOOD for human rights? I just kinda figured like it was the implied you at the start of an imperative sentence whenever US law enforcement comes up

We used to kill Nazi's... now we elect them.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Epic High Five posted:

We have free speech... if you're a hetero white male.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

We used to kill Nazi's... now we elect them.

lol we rescued soooo many of them tho, then once the heat died down in West Germany we started putting them back in charge. Deep down we really were unhappy that we had to destroy the nation that introduced the world to privatization schemes

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Tetrabor posted:

And a land owner, and also not a leftist

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Elephant Ambush posted:

gently caress off

that owns lol

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Tetrabor posted:

just lol at anyone who is still hetero in 2019

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

HotCanadianChick posted:

ONE weird trick to DOUBLE your odds of finding "THE ONE"! Prudes and chuds hate it!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Being hetero sucks

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

HotCanadianChick posted:

so mean :(

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Ain't it funny how hetero people see penises everywhere?
Makes you think

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
assange is a shithead but it also extremely rules that he pissed america off by posting its secrets that chelsea bravely leaked so he should get off scot free on that basis alone

america should be spited and undermined at any opportunity

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Elephant Ambush posted:

There's always gonna be a part of the population that not only abuse rules, but use their own breaking of the rules as a weapon against others. That's why you punch Nazis instead of debate with them or break the knees of scabs instead of politely ask them to not cross the picket line.

Assange is a sex pest who actively worked to get a fascist elected and now he's losing his diplomatic protection because he refused to bathe or stop pissing off his hosts. What's happening to him is incredibly funny and well deserved

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i spent 5 years as a folkstyle wrestler and 6 years as a football player post puberty. if that didnt pique my interest in dudes, i dont think anything will.

ill never forget the day i came out to my chud parents as straight. they were so happy and i felt like i let my childhood hero john waters down :(

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Elephant Ambush posted:

I absolutely loving despise this Games line of reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Business Gorillas posted:

There's always gonna be a part of the population that not only abuse rules, but use their own breaking of the rules as a weapon against others. That's why you punch Nazis instead of debate with them or break the knees of scabs instead of politely ask them to not cross the picket line.

Assange is a sex pest who actively worked to get a fascist elected and now he's losing his diplomatic protection because he refused to bathe or stop pissing off his hosts. What's happening to him is incredibly funny and well deserved

yeah from everything we have this wasn’t the US gunning at him hard. He could have effectively had infinite asylum had he not been an idiot so I don’t have sympathy for him.

it’s not like Manning who just gets hosed at every opportunity