Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Are keyboard macros against the ToS? I want to see if I can set up an hourly automatic venture macro. Which on second thought I guess is not really that different from botting. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

johnny park posted:

Are keyboard macros against the ToS? I want to see if I can set up an hourly automatic venture macro. Which on second thought I guess is not really that different from botting. Lol

Whether or not its against the ToS is probably pretty clear. Whether or not you'd get caught and in trouble is a different story.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

have they talked about whatever this is at all?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I've heard of people creating new characters just to play through the story again, so I'm guessing it's just a very low-effort "quest replay" function for people who'd like to not just see cutscenes again but actually go through the whole quest, including instances etc.

It does seem kind of obvious to add a way to re-do specific story battles and stuff. Doubt it will affect any other gameplay though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Glagha posted:

Why's that? Because the lore suggests that all player Viera are outcasts because they left? So if all the female Viera are breaking the rules why can't there be male Viera who are also breaking the rules by being out and about? Or what's the exile thing about?

Yes that is my point. Women are rare exiles. No reason men can't be.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

Not in total detail but to date it's sounded like a more involved Unending Journey that lets you temporarily reset world states so you can replay old missions without having to level an alt; useful for people who use the Tales of Adventure to boost themselves to the latest expansion and/or over job quests, an amusing diversion for people who want to replay things like the Grand Melee.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Hogama posted:

Not in total detail but to date it's sounded like a more involved Unending Journey that lets you temporarily reset world states so you can replay old missions without having to level an alt; useful for people who use the Tales of Adventure to boost themselves to the latest expansion and/or over job quests, an amusing diversion for people who want to replay things like the Grand Melee.

If it also includes Job Quests, it will be good for people who boost those too. Must be a whoa moment for any boosted SCH to start being bossed around by Tonberries out of nowhere for example.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Watch it be them sneaking in the 1.0 story with it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
goddamnit I just realized of COURSE they made gunblade come from the Hrothgar that way they can call the AF4 gunblade Lionheart

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Azubah posted:

Watch it be them sneaking in the 1.0 story with it.
This would be extremely neat to me, a player who didn't join until post-HW, but I don't see how it's possible at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

goddamnit I just realized of COURSE they made gunblade come from the Hrothgar that way they can call the AF4 gunblade Lionheart
It will actually be "Loinheat."

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kerrzhe posted:

No rewards or anything for it, just a way to redo the story and job quests while at max level. Which rules. I am going to do that for sure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you're not instantly slamming into IshgardMania or SaduSlam the moment ShB launches you're doing it wrong

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

No rewards or anything for it, just a way to redo the story and job quests while at max level. Which rules. I am going to do that for sure.

dang, would be cool if it let you re-do MSQ/sidequests on an alt job for leveling exp.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FactsAreUseless posted:

It will actually be "Loinheat."

My gunlady, I am Queen Gunnhildr, please take this Loinheat and use it to destroy the gunemies of our gunland.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm also thinking the Hrothgar gunblades really have nothing to do with Garlean ones.

The lore bit for Gunbreaker on the Shadowbringer site indicates the gunblade is a tradition going back generations while the Empire's only been around for about fifty years.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
This just in from the leaks: MCH is getting a new resource where you have to clean and maintain your gun. The resource will be retroactively added in at level 30, and you get the skill that controls it at 80.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Fuuuuuuck, I just saw the collector's edition, i guess that's $200 out of my savings

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Saint Freak posted:

This just in from the leaks: MCH is getting a new resource where you have to clean and maintain your gun. The resource will be retroactively added in at level 30, and you get the skill that controls it at 80.

MCH is new and exciting, so much so we introduced a gun cleaning mechanic.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I'm also thinking the Hrothgar gunblades really have nothing to do with Garlean ones.

The lore bit for Gunbreaker on the Shadowbringer site indicates the gunblade is a tradition going back generations while the Empire's only been around for about fifty years.

Seems likely the Garleans just stole the tech whether through an invasion or just a capture, like they did with all the Allagan stuff lying around.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The Garleans are just engaging in the time honored tradition of stealing all the cool poo poo from the people they enslave.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Didn't the end cut-scene of the Ivalice raid say that Garlean tech was probably based on the clockwork tower tech?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Azubah posted:

Didn't the end cut-scene of the Ivalice raid say that Garlean tech was probably based on the clockwork tower tech?

Maybe the Ascians have been loving with things for a lot longer or got beat before, aren't the Ascians the basis for most/all their tech except for Cid's poo poo?

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Two questions:

1. Does retainer level have any effect on what they bring back from Quick Exploration? Basically trying to hit the jackpot so I can afford a house for my wife to play in.

2. I only have ARR (not going to purchase xpac until it drops in June/July). What is the least annoying way to level up my gathering and crafting classes to 50? I already have some 30+.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
what IS the jackpot for quick exploration?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blockhouse posted:

pure white/black dyes

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Blockhouse posted:

ATM pure black dye and a few housing items sell well

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

khysanth posted:

Two questions:

1. Does retainer level have any effect on what they bring back from Quick Exploration? Basically trying to hit the jackpot so I can afford a house for my wife to play in.

2. I only have ARR (not going to purchase xpac until it drops in June/July). What is the least annoying way to level up my gathering and crafting classes to 50? I already have some 30+.

1. iLvl is what mainly affects the rarity of stuff they bring back. When you send them on a quick venture, the game will tell you whether they could stand to wear better gear.

2. Without any of the expansions, you can do the Ixal beast tribe quests for crafter EXP up to 50, as well as some levequests and Grand Company turn-ins (only do the starred ones for the bonus). Gatherer EXP is best gotten from levequests and GC turn-ins.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Blockhouse posted:

Answers orchestrion roll. Pure/metallic dyes are a nice steady income stream though.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
But you're mostly just going to get more random Heavensward dungeon drops.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

I got Nidhogg's Scale a few months ago that I sold for about 3 million.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Azubah posted:

To me, I think it actually suggests that the Gougans eventually became the Garleans after abandoning Ridorana, which is kinda neat. Their whole backstory is about not being able to use magic and getting pushed around and onto worse and worse land by bigger countries for centuries.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Adept Nightingale posted:

To me, I think it actually suggests that the Gougans eventually became the Garleans after abandoning Ridorana, which is kinda neat. Their whole backstory is about not being able to use magic and getting pushed around and onto worse and worse land by bigger countries for centuries.

At some point it'll probably come out that Ascians engineered the Garleans' entire history of being pushed around in order to mold them into suitable pawns, rather than just founding the empire itself.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

jokes posted:

Maybe the Ascians have been loving with things for a lot longer or got beat before, aren't the Ascians the basis for most/all their tech except for Cid's poo poo?

I think the implication has been that the Ascians are who led the Garleans to Allegan tech, and that's what they created magitek off of.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Rastan Beeza posted:

Oh wow, I completely forgot about those. You're probably going to be right.

What I thought was surprising is finding out Hrothgar were the original "new" race and they just made Female Viera as a secondary thing/fan demand.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they just couldn't nail down how they wanted male viera to look. Aside from the lala esque art, the rest looks indistinguishable from au ra just with bunny ears. That'd be rather boring as well as a repeat of sexy lady buff manly man. ..which they did anyway.

Meanwhile I really really wanted shorter, softer, more femme males. https://twitter.com/Espressolala/status/1112818643266498560

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
:negative:

servers just died as my BA group was preparing to enter our portals for the actual dungeon after an hour and a half of prep.

yoshi why

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

last played in heavensward but my friends have been looking to get back in for shadowbringers, would getting the shadowbringers expansions get me access to stormblood or is this a 'you have to buy both' deal since it's going to be new?
also my friends used to be in the jp server group but will be transferring for the expansion, i'm in the group excal is on. is it still a bitch of a pain to get on that server group or has that stuff gotten better recently?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Futaba Anzu posted:

last played in heavensward but my friends have been looking to get back in for shadowbringers, would getting the shadowbringers expansions get me access to stormblood or is this a 'you have to buy both' deal since it's going to be new?

Stormblood gave you Heavensward for free, right? I'd hope they'd catch you right up with SB2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

also my friends used to be in the jp server group but will be transferring for the expansion, i'm in the group excal is on. is it still a bitch of a pain to get on that server group or has that stuff gotten better recently?
You get all the expansions, except if you preorder you don't get them until shadowbringers actually comes out. idk the second part, I've heard its been easier to get on excal lately but with the reorganization no clue