Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Fun thing is, considering the rest of the lot I can't help but think that Majima would be one of Nick's best behaved clients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Why isn't everyone in this thread playing DGS right now, this game owns incredibly hard and if you have a halfway decent computer to run an android emulator with you have no excuse

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MechaX posted:

"Defend Kiryu Kazuma on the stand as he's being accused of murder, in addition to 582 counts of assault, 1180 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, public intoxication, and property damage"

"Your honor Kiryu Kazuma doesn't kill"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Amppelix posted:

Why isn't everyone in this thread playing DGS right now, this game owns incredibly hard and if you have a halfway decent computer to run an android emulator with you have no excuse

I know it's never happening but part of me wants to hold out for an official release and just enjoy the remastered trilogy for now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Amppelix posted:

im waiting for the sequel, dad!!!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dr Pepper posted:

Only if Apollo was the defense attorney.

Well, Apollo still has yet to be the defendant...

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dragonatrix posted:

That would be even worse.

Somebody message the devs, it'd be perfect Ace Attorney.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Amppelix posted:

The release snuck up on me, I have to wait for my JP 3DS copy to arrive! Gives me an excuse to wait for the planned fixup patch at least.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'll probably break down and play it eventually but part of me would rather wait and play both games back to back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm poor and don't wanna buy a Google Play card

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Amppelix posted:

Where did you buy your jp store credit if I can ask?

Also does anyone know if buying the jp game for an actual phone would be too hard (I assume you have to switch your Google play accounts)?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://scarletstudy.gq/purchasing-guide/

Their purchasing guide should work on a real phone

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Meallan posted:

Where did you buy your jp store credit if I can ask?

Also does anyone know if buying the jp game for an actual phone would be too hard (I assume you have to switch your Google play accounts)?
The site of the patch has an easy to follow guide on how to do just that. Does involve using a vpn and creating a new google account.

They recommend two options for the credit, but the most convenient one, codashop, may or may support your credit card (didn't for mine) and the other one is playasia, which i refuse to support (also they were out of 3000 cards, and they even overcharge for them a bit), so i bought mine here: https://www.seagm.com

Worked fine although you do have to give a slightly uncomfortable amount of information to create an account, and they have an annoying system where you have to chat with support after purchase to process your order.

Do note that unless you can use codashop which lets you purchase an arbitrary amount of credit, you will have to get the 3000 card which is 500 yen more than the game costs on android, but i think it's well worth it for that price. Still cheaper than a 3ds copy even then, too.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dragonatrix posted:

He has been the victim, though! In the case where Juniper was the defendant, no less.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Amppelix posted:

Already completed it. I'm letting a friend play through it when we have spare time to spend together.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

thinking about picking up the ace attorney trilogy for a replay. does anyone know what happens when you get a game over in the trilogy? does it boot you to the title screen like in original games, or did they add a continue function like the later games had? save scumming to avoid having to redo an entire trial segment was such a pain in the rear end

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm noticing they show much more restraint on when to bust out the pursuit theme in DGS. I'm glad for it, and the theme owns so using it so rarely makes it feel extra impactful, but I am finding myself wanting it to play a tiny bit more. Like, instead of playing only literally when you present the final piece of evidence, it could be going on for a bit while you build up to the conclusion.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MechaX posted:

"Defend Kiryu Kazuma on the stand as he's being accused of murder, in addition to 582 counts of assault, 1180 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, public intoxication, and property damage"

The only good joke in Project X Zone 2 and honestly the whole game should have just ended there

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Long shot and very minor spoiler for DGS episode 3 but I'm curious:

There's text on the omnibus that says "Phoenix Wright Omnibus" or something. Did it say Naruhodo Ryuichi in the original game? The translators don't seem like the type to put in easter eggs or references.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

somepartsareme posted:

Long shot and very minor spoiler for DGS episode 3 but I'm curious:

There's text on the omnibus that says "Phoenix Wright Omnibus" or something. Did it say Naruhodo Ryuichi in the original game? The translators don't seem like the type to put in easter eggs or references.

It's called the Phoenix Wright Omnibus in the original material too so it's very deliberately a reference to Naruhodo Ryuichi's localized name from the DGS staff, no matter how you turn and twist on it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that's kinda sweet.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Ceramics posted:

I agree its really nice.

Plus just not having to pull out my 3ds for my all too frequent replays is more then worth it.

What QOL features did they add to the switch remake of it? Do we have chapter select or backlog reading?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Yukari posted:

What QOL features did they add to the switch remake of it? Do we have chapter select or backlog reading?

There is no backlog reading, and I'm pretty sure there is no chapter select. At least for the steam version that is the case.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I remembered how gross Sal Manella is, but I forgot that Maya is actually 17 in that case where he keeps creeping on her, jesus

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arist posted:

I remembered how gross Sal Manella is, but I forgot that Maya is actually 17 in that case where he keeps creeping on her, jesus

Did you also forget the love triangle in the circus case where multiple grown men want to marry a 15 year old

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeeeeeeeeeees I did

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

the only one who deserves clemency in that trial is the clown

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Did you also forget the love triangle in the circus case where multiple grown men want to marry a 15 year old

A 15 year-old who acts about ten years younger.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Waffleman_ posted:

I wanted Ben to be guilty so he'd get the chair

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hm yes, I will allow this man to live and work with my emotionally stunted teenage daughter. I don't see what would go wrong.

E: WAIT gently caress ME HOW DID I NEVER NOTICE THAT BEN'S HAND IS NEVER ACTUALLY UP

Look between Trilo's legs. That's just his arm hanging down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Turnabout Circus is loving cursed and every time someone plays it, another creepy thing appears in it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Danaru posted:

I wanted Ben to be guilty so he'd get the chair

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Waffleman_ posted:

Look between Trilo's legs.

No

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
turnabout bigtop is actually one of the best filler cases in the series. max is creepy but i must point out that it was trilo, not ben, who wanted to marry regina

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Trilo is a goddamn piece of wood and all the words are coming out of Benjamin Woodman's mouth.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I wanted Trilo to be guilty so he'd get the woodchipper

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Trilo is a goddamn piece of wood and all the words are coming out of Benjamin Woodman's mouth.

Objection!

A few posts earlier you testified:

Waffleman_ posted:

Look between Trilo's legs. That's just his arm hanging down.

If Trilo is just a piece of wood... how is he moving without Woodman's arm?!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Waffleman_ posted:

the man is an artist and he's playing a character

e: ben specifically says he has no interest in regina, presumably because hes a grown rear end man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HOLD IT!

Obviously, in the original release, the lower part of Ben's sprite would be obscured by the textbox, so details down there would be unimportant.

It's merely an artistic shortcut, Wright, not canon!

somepartsareme posted:

the man is an artist and he's playing a character

e: ben specifically says he has no interest in regina, presumably because hes a grown rear end man

A lot of pedophiles say they're not pedophiles and that doesn't suddenly make them not pedophiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i want to believe the funnier and more textually supported interpretation ok.