Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I bet he just now learned that Fed Board members serve 14 year terms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://mobile.twitter.com/JYSexton/status/1116710090365644801

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This poo poo is infuriating

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAdvocateMag/status/1116705485871206400

I can't imagine how trans service members are feeling today

gently caress

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rent-A-Cop posted:

PoliSci is definitely not a real science.

If you can't accidentally create hazmat whatever you're doing is philosophy. :smugbert:

If you screw up politics bad enough you generate a ton of radioactivity tho

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

gently caress

I hope the next Democrat bans white people from the officer corps as being unfit.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

This is a huge problem that will not end even if Democrats get majorities. Republicans are just denying democratic legitimacy now.

I hope dems have a plan.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Thinking a lot about this guy today

https://twitter.com/virginianpilot/status/965657234536513536?s=19

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Can I see it?

No.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Meatball posted:

This is a huge problem that will not end even if Democrats get majorities. Republicans are just denying democratic legitimacy now.

I hope dems have a plan.

National ID, Voting National Holiday, automatic registrations with DMV and state tax filing, criminalize gerrymandering that causes majority representation by a minority of voters.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Reminder that Paxton is under indictment for securities fraud and only hasn't been tried yet because of some sort of crooked shenanigans or another I don't quite recall.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Reported some obvious bullshit, got called on it, doubled down, got called on it again, re-doubled down, got fired, re-re-doubled down, lost a lawsuit, and still insists the obvious bullshit was true and that he is a victim of a conspiracy.

You know, one of those conspiracies that only targets incredibly rich and connected old White men.

Also TYT sucks. Fite me.

The story was accurate even if the evidence that was given to him was faked intentionally to discredit the story.

I guess ACAB applies to rent a cops too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1116719388852465664

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1116527204664512515

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Meatball posted:

I hope dems have a plan.

The Democratic plan is to lose and go on a speaking engagement with Goldman Sachs, hope this helps

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

reminder for people that didnt see this, they sent out a list of ~70,000 "illegal" voters on counties voting rolls, than almost immediately said the list was bad and not to use it (you can probably figure out which act they promoted more) and then like a week later did they whole thing again

ReidRansom posted:

Reminder that Paxton is under indictment for securities fraud and only hasn't been tried yet because of some sort of crooked shenanigans or another I don't quite recall.

They appointed two private practice attorneys as special prosecutors and then refused to pay them iirc edit: https://www.texastribune.org/2018/12/27/ken-paxton-prosecutors-texas-court-patently-absurd-result/

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 12, 2019

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

corn in the bible posted:

The Democratic plan is to lose and go on a speaking engagement with Goldman Sachs, hope this helps

:jerkbag:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

gently caress

I’m hoping some commanders realize how much of an alarming cost this will be to the military to follow through with and fight back.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

should also have a pic of the 19 years or so where regressives have constantly voted no to 9/11 lheathcare bills .(oh and also voting down R TOOP bills)

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Skex posted:

The story was accurate even if the evidence that was given to him was faked intentionally to discredit the story..
Faking evidence to create a story to discredit that story is some JFK moon landing good poo poo.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Meatball posted:

I hope dems have a plan.

Their plan is to appeal to the sebsoble center by doing things like throwing Ilhan Omar under the bus

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I’m hoping some commanders realize how much of an alarming cost this will be to the military to follow through with and fight back.

They did, and that's why it's been two years from tweet to implementation. Sooner or later you run out of ways to ignore a direct order from the commander in chief if the courts don't back you up, and he figures out how to deliver it in a way that can't be thrown out on procedural grounds. If the president wants to order the military to waste a bunch of money and make itself less effective, our system says that's his prerogative and the remedy is to have a different President undo it.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 12, 2019

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

TulliusCicero posted:

Boy I love our stupid country where service in the military for one party makes you above reproach no matter how loving stupid or bigoted you actually are, like noted Escape From New York impersonator Dan "SNL WAS MEAN TO ME" Crenshaw
Am I crazy or did y’all spend a page “um, ACTUALLY”-ing that it only applies to Rs when the bolded section was always part of the post?

gently caress
Reminder that this whole thing is only happening because dumbfuck misinterpreted a comment three years ago of “hey this one congressman is an idiot and thinks this bill will result in the military paying for reassignment surgery on active duty soldiers, which it doesn’t, can you do something so he’ll vote our way” as “ban trans people” instead of “tell him to vote for it” and has been doubling down ever since

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

mango sentinel posted:

That's the same guy who told John Kerry his BA in polisci from Yale was a degree in pseudo-science.

It always makes me chuckle when a conversation comes full-circle like this.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That poor bee... :(

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1116248927563653120

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

beejay posted:

It always makes me chuckle when a conversation comes full-circle like this.

Like yes of course that's who he is, why the gently caress else would we be talking about this tweet from November?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Faking evidence to create a story to discredit that story is some JFK moon landing good poo poo.
This is about the “self-admitted former alcoholic and drug abuser George Bush, who did have a mysterious gap of service in his National Guard history” story where someone faked evidence of the circumstances of a thing that everyone involved has agreed did happen, right? Which a pre-Trump-but-still-Republican party seized upon as an excuse to take down a journalist they hated?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/alixabeth/status/1116719754985734145?s=20

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Does the bee represent the US and the bird's wing is the voting public or something?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Crows Turn Off posted:

Does the bee represent the US and the bird's wing is the voting public or something?

The hummingbirds are the mainstream parties, the bee is your favorite progressive cause.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

And...they will split the divisions into separate corporate entities with individual tax ID number Now what? This is what happens when a person that does not think, talks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but what if the bee is a european honey bee and therefore an invasive spieces?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

AmiYumi posted:

This is about the “self-admitted former alcoholic and drug abuser George Bush, who did have a mysterious gap of service in his National Guard history” story where someone faked evidence of the circumstances of a thing that everyone involved has agreed did happen, right? Which a pre-Trump-but-still-Republican party seized upon as an excuse to take down a journalist they hated?

Reminder that freep is where the the information that demonstrated that the evidence had been faked was initially posted.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Confounding Factor posted:

And...they will split the divisions into separate corporate entities with individual tax ID number Now what? This is what happens when a person that does not think, talks.

Oh no! How will our tax structure deal with the idea of subsidiaries?! You dumbass.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Then... each entity would pay a percentage of their profits?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

...then Warren will thank them for complying with her plan to break up big tech companies?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Are you suggesting that noted corporate law expert Elizabeth Warren doesn't think?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

like half of these changes would be pretty reasonable from the standpoint of Article III judges that have tenure and independence. the rule basically imitates some of the procedural things those circuit court judges can do right now that streamline the administration of cases

but immigration judges aren't article III judges, they're completely controlled by the executive, and giving them the same powers is wrong. this is plainly meant to speed up deportations and allow the Attorney General himself (who has complete authority to override the appellate panel in question) more direct control of what becomes precedent

that said, unless they do everything perfectly, it might be too late to actually pass this rule, survive the inevitable legal challenges, and get it implemented during the trump admin

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

You've identified the issue, just think before you post next time.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

"Don't make a law! People will try not to break it!"

This is what happens when a person that does not think, posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

AmiYumi posted:

Is there any evidence at all of this outside the headcannon of crazy boomers obsessed with network news respectability?

Because I do not for a minute before the Republican party was ever smart enough for that sort of 4D chess nonsense. And if they were, still LOL at falling for it so hard.