Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

https://twitter.com/n0rma1k0r34n/status/1116687162815254530?s=20

:allbuttons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm also sad that dude didn't get gutshot and die screaming in some dusty field in Africa.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

ff8 was garbo

well, this is the right thread for this take, so I guess I can't really complain

:thumbsup:

it was the first one i ever played it holds a special place in my heart, R = U makes more sense than most fan theories and I think it's true, draw system sucked tho

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I've been reading the old Soldier of Fortune magazines and posting the funny poo poo in the GBS BUDK thread for laffs and holy gently caress the Rhodesia boner was so loving large, honestly deranged poo poo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

well, this is the right thread for this take, so I guess I can't really complain

:thumbsup:

it was the first one i ever played it holds a special place in my heart, R = U makes more sense than most fan theories and I think it's true, draw system sucked tho

I didn't honestly like a single one after 3 (or 6, or whatever it is) until X came out. The whole blocky 3d characters thing just took me right out of it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Runaktla posted:

The trade off for not having an easy home purchase is that we now have comforts and technology prior generations never were able to enjoy. Plus we aren’t shoehorned into a lifestyle that doesn’t make sense for everybody i.e. must get married must have kids.

I think it’s a fair trade off.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Zeroisanumber posted:

I didn't honestly like a single one after 3 (or 6, or whatever it is) until X came out. The whole blocky 3d characters thing just took me right out of it.

7 is legit good even though its been run into the ground by Squenix and has a terrible fanbase

Never played it but 9 is also a big fan favorite

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
9 is a deliberately retro love letter to ff 1-5. it has a few glaring issue but the pc port has built in cheats to avoid most of them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

I've been reading the old Soldier of Fortune magazines and posting the funny poo poo in the GBS BUDK thread for laffs and holy gently caress the Rhodesia boner was so loving large, honestly deranged poo poo

Link

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

where’s the guy who agreed that we are post gay

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Badger of Basra posted:

where’s the guy who agreed that we are post gay

hey man, he was sentinced to death more than 25 years ago. That was juuuuuuuuuust before pedro was on MTV's "the real world" and ushered in the post-gay utopia we all live in now for lgbtq folks

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867570

Skip to the end of the thread for SoF madness

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scroll down to Gutter Phoenix's first post and go from there: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867570&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=50

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The problem with uploading your brain to a big cloud server is that you can copy data faster than you can make storage space, so some serial killer who owned a Sports Authority will murder everyone else so he can make trillions cyber-Horatio clones.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
the problem with uploading your brain is that it's impossible, because your brain isn't a computer

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

exmarx posted:

the problem with uploading your brain is that it's impossible, because your brain isn't a computer

That's why the hot new thing is to desperately want reality itself to be a computer simulation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

exmarx posted:

sure it is. its not happening because we can't replicate it ever

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

tfw you are too much of an incel to save the white race

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

feels like there's a lot of fascism interwoven in american society and values lately

lately?!

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
god drat

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah, burn. :smug:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Roland the Thompson gunner is a comrade right

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

StashAugustine posted:

if hes killing white people in rhodesia, im on his side

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

StashAugustine posted:

he was murdered on the CIA’s orders

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Sorry but I'm afraid Roland is canceled, he was possibly part of Mike Hoare's Ultimate Warcrimes Brigade, or he was working for Tshombe instead who also sucked and was backed by the CIA. Being a white mercenary in the Congo Crisis is pretty much an immediate cancellation, regardless of how the CIA felt about you later.

Crazycryodude has issued a correction as of 05:56 on Apr 13, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Andrast posted:

They successfully get their plan done at least halfway until the heroes stop them whereas bob has never done anything

Bob did write a book about how SMB3 defined his life iirc

Funny thing is that his views seem to be basically a find-replace of fascism with poor white people as the undesirables of choice. Basically he's what the fascists believe all liberals to be.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bob did write a book about how SMB3 defined his life iirc

Funny thing is that his views seem to be basically a find-replace of fascism with poor white people as the undesirables of choice. Basically he's what the fascists believe all liberals to be.

I refuse to count that as doing anything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/OkigboV2/status/1116422464169492486

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tonyabbott.gif

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ReutersAfrica/status/1116666738643546112

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

holy gently caress

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Funny that all the cartoons and animes set in public high schools have a token incredibly rich kid friend/enemy when it's become pretty clear that the actually rich have an entire system set up to make sure their children never have to interact with the dirty poors or even middle class, and defend it viciously

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Funny that all the cartoons and animes set in public high schools have a token incredibly rich kid friend/enemy when it's become pretty clear that the actually rich have an entire system set up to make sure their children never have to interact with the dirty poors or even middle class, and defend it viciously

ouran host club wins again

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

it's so kids can learn that rich kids are the loving worst and are always, always garbage friends

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Senju Kannon posted:

it's so kids can learn that rich kids are the loving worst and are always, always garbage friends

The rich friend I had was great because his parents were always away and did not give a poo poo so we always had a nice place to drink at.

He was remarkably non-assholish for a rich kid

Andrast has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Apr 13, 2019

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
perhaps the real richist... resides within my own heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Senju Kannon posted:

perhaps the real richist... resides within my own heart

He probably became an rear end in a top hat later in life as rich people almost always do