Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

quote:

"It's ok when we do it because we're the white hat wearing Good Guys"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Warmachine posted:

There wasn't a whole sci-fi franchise made around why this is a bad idea.

Definitely not any former empires where this happened in human history either.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Otteration posted:

"Trump Has Now Shifted $1.3 Million Of Campaign-Donor Money Into His Business"

"Donald Trump has charged his own reelection campaign $1.3 million for rent, food, lodging and other expenses since taking office, according to a Forbes analysis of the latest campaign filings. And although outsiders have contributed more than $50 million to the campaign, the billionaire president hasn’t handed over any of his own cash. The net effect: $1.3 million of donor money has turned into $1.3 million of Trump money."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2019/03/20/trump-has-now-shifted-13m-of-campaign-donor-money-into-his-business/

Just more data we already knew. It will please the chuds, in some hyper-convoluted way.

ETA: "...the billionaire president...."

Posted in the USPOL place. If anyone reading is a sleeper-freeper, this might be fun for a reaction. Would have to have an outrageous cover story to deflect and season the pot at the same time though, I guess.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Otteration posted:

Posted in the USPOL place. If anyone reading is a sleeper-freeper, this might be fun for a reaction. Would have to have an outrageous cover story to deflect and season the pot at the same time though, I guess.

Can't find anything with the word Campaign in the title since the 7th. They are good at ignoring stories that make trump look bad sometimes.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Plinkey posted:

Can't find anything with the word Campaign in the title since the 7th. They are good at ignoring stories that make trump look bad sometimes.

In all likelihood it probably doesn't even filter into their own curated bubbles. It's not something they can get mad about so the few who do see it won't give it any traction and the rest never even see it.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Otteration posted:

He did the same thing with his 2016 campaign. They'll just say he's such a smart business man, and then they'll move on.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Otteration posted:

You might think, but no, they'll just retcon it as a master stroke of their "common man" president

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
The Top Ten Evilest People of All-Time

The article from Spectator is saying that the top two are Karl Marx and Margaret Sanger, because of course. But let's see how Freep weighs in!

quote:

To: Twotone
George Soros should be #1.

2 posted on 4/6/2019, 9:08:45 AM by brewcrew1965 (Liberalism is a mental disorder.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Charles Darwin.

It could be argued that his evil myth - the theory of evolution, or, Darwinism — gave rise to demons like Karl Marx, Margaret Sanger, and Joseph Stalin, among others.

Charles Darwin was a truly evil man.

12 posted on 4/6/2019, 9:22:11 AM by Jack023

quote:

Rachel Carson. With her help in banning DDT, she condemned millions of Africans to death from mosquito-borne diseases.
That's why I laughed when Bill and Melinda Gates promised $10 million for mosquito netting to send to Africa. If they really wanted to save lives, they'd have lobbied to repeal the ban on DDT.

16 posted on 4/6/2019, 9:23:57 AM by MuttTheHoople

quote:

If my ex wife isnt on this list , than its incomplete.. and bunko..

36 posted on 4/6/2019, 9:56:03 AM by Ikeon (The first step in getting out of a hole is to throw away the shovel, and.. never touch it again!!)

quote:

My list would include FDR.

44 posted on 4/6/2019, 10:03:43 AM by AlaskaErik (I served and protected my country for 31 years. Progressives spent that time trying to destroy it.)

quote:

To: faithhopecharity
My present day evil grandmother is Nancy Pelosi. The nation destroyer.
Plus 247,000 abortions this year alone. Nancy is on her game.

50 posted on 4/6/2019, 10:11:02 AM by magua
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ealgeone
Nope,Muhammed is Satans earthly visage and should be #1 with a bullet.

79 posted on 4/6/2019, 11:14:25 AM by SanchoP (Why does DC hate Americans so much ?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies]

quote:

To: laweeks
I don’t see the real number 1, Hillary.

89 posted on 4/6/2019, 11:51:59 AM by VTenigma (The Democrat party is the party of the mathematically challenged)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I can't wait until all these people die.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
The problem in listing the top 10 evillest wo/men is first deciding which of them are actually anti-christs ie devils not humans.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My top 10 is nobody because everyone I hate is Satan. Consequently, I'm fairly new to this thread but it looks like a human being hasn't posted on freep for many years. It's a wasteland of hateghosts and lonely, screaming devils.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

The article from Spectator is saying that the top two are Karl Marx and Margaret Sanger, because of course. But let's see how Freep weighs in!

Lol, they (and The American Spectator) are so utterly unhinged and out of touch with reality it’s hard to accept that their entire existence isn’t a brilliant performance art installation.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I was almost curious to see what their thread was on the Brunei gay stoning situation, but then I decided to do something much, much better with my time.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I was almost curious to see what their thread was on the Brunei gay stoning situation, but then I decided to do something much, much better with my time.

Most of Freep doesn't know what a Brunei is and those that do care more that Obama spent some time there in his youth.

quote:

To: lee martell

Thanks. Now i have a very good idea of where it is.
And that figures about obama.
What’s actually shocking is that he didn’t do more damage in 8 years.
his narcissism helped us a little. too busy loving being sucked up to, to have the time to completely destroy america.

11 posted on 4/5/2019, 11:04:19 AM by dp0622 (The Left should know if.. Trump is kicked out of office, it is WAR)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jagged Jim posted:

Most of Freep doesn't know what a Brunei is and those that do care more that Obama spent some time there in his youth.

I'll never get over the "Obama is a narcissist, let's love the guy who literally put's his name on everything"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

quote:

Charles Darwin.

It could be argued that his evil myth - the theory of evolution, or, Darwinism — gave rise to demons like Karl Marx, Margaret Sanger, and Joseph Stalin, among others.

Charles Darwin was a truly evil man.

12 posted on 4/6/2019, 9:22:11 AM by Jack023
Ah yes, The Communist Manifesto, clearly inspired by On The Origin of Species.

Herbert Spencer otoh was directly inspired by Darwin, and was a giant libertarian dickweed who came up with Social Darwinism and survival of the fittest.

He's buried opposite Marx.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
thing bad, other thing bad, they are obviously connected :hmmyes:

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

quote:

A rogues gallery of US bad men and women would be especially interesting. That list would be 100% unique between Marxists and Patriots. Top of the list for Marxists: Lincoln. Top of the list for Patriots: Obama.

Wait, they think that Marxists would hate Lincoln more than any other US President?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just look at the Abe Lincoln Brigades fighting for the Republic against the fascists (leftists).

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Jefferson Davis: The First Communist

Not Lee though, he was good

Man the schizophrenic view the american right has on the civil war really puts me in a tizzy

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
God I really want to touch the poop to show freep... What Marx had to say to Lincoln.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Just think, 5 years ago Trump would have made that list for Freep. Amazing how lickspittle these morons are they just blindly toss their hat behind whoever the party says they should

Ragnar34 posted:

My top 10 is nobody because everyone I hate is Satan. Consequently, I'm fairly new to this thread but it looks like a human being hasn't posted on freep for many years. It's a wasteland of hateghosts and lonely, screaming devils.

Well, welcome. Kick back, take your shoes off and watch what happens to people when they put party alignment before everything else
There'll be some uprising around election time, but they'll purge again and all will be well

Dylanthulhu posted:

God I really want to touch the poop to show freep... What Marx had to say to Lincoln.

It won't do anything. You'll get a few replies telling you to get your racist liberal hate boner off their site and then be banned immediately and your post deleted

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 11, 2019

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

SocketWrench posted:

It won't do anything. You'll get a few replies telling you to get your racist liberal hate boner off their site and then be banned immediately and your post deleted

I've been banned from worse places but it'd make me feel better. I know it's like opening a window and screaming into the loving void.

Remember when the Ron Paul crowd were the most obnoxious right wingers you came across day to day? :(

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Hey, remember the days when posting death threats and calls to violence on Freep was a no-no and got your posts deleted?

Well, apparently not anymore, ever since the government-mandated Hormone Squads started going from door to door to inject are kids!!

State-coerced child gender ‘transitioning’ is here. Parents are horrified

quote:

To: workerbee
This is a good reason to keep your kids out of public schools. And don’t allow anyone “from the government” into your home without a search warrant.

2 posted on 4/11/2019, 10:57:48 AM by cuban leaf

quote:

It will stop when parents are willing to commit murder in order to protect their children from these monsters who aim to perform medical experiments on them... and not before.

6 posted on 4/11/2019, 11:00:22 AM by thoughtomator (The Clinton Coup attempt was a worse attack on the USA than was 9/11)

quote:

This is not going to end well for a state-employed “do-gooder” trying to force TG status onto the child of a sane, responsible, sensible adult.

My sons are grown, but I would hunt one of this kind down like a rabid dog and take the misery they cause out of this world . . . nothing but pure evil.

If I had grand-children, which I don’t, I would perform this service for my sons so they wouldn’t have to suffer the consequences for doing the right thing by their children.

12 posted on 4/11/2019, 11:03:37 AM by RatRipper

quote:

Irreversibly scarred mentally and physically. Normal, perfectly-functioning organs amputated.
Doused with powerful, potentially cancer-causing steroids, not to combat any illness, but to actually promote one.

But don't expose your kids to Measles, 'cause that's bad parenting...

29 posted on 4/11/2019, 11:25:07 AM by ZOOKER (Until further notice the /s is implied...)

quote:

In response to this threat against children I visualize dead social workers.

This crap has to stop and NOW.

43 posted on 4/11/2019, 11:45:58 AM by MeganC (There is nothing feminine about feminism.)

quote:

This is evil in its worst form. The people involved in this, every one of them is going to burn in hell. And deservedly so.

Unless and until parents are willing to fight and die for their children this is going to continue, and get worse.

And again with the perversion of the progressives, they have no idea of the irony when they call us Nazis.

What is the practical and moral difference between what we see here with the children and putting Jews in the camps and surgically experimenting on them? There is no practical or moral difference. Thus any group that thinks they are immune from this sort of government despotism is a group that will become victims.

The people that are capable of this sick surgical butcherie, and that includes everyone in favor of it or who participates in it, is perfectly capable of putting human beings in the camps and torturing them. They are capable of rationalizing any behavior that furthers their goals. Nothing is too sick or depraved for them.

46 posted on 4/11/2019, 11:50:59 AM by ChildOfThe60s (If you can remember the 60s........you weren't really there)

quote:

To: Varda
[[The first step is to lawyer up and get a spokesman who knows how to put out statements.]]

We are talking about an issue where the government is coming in and forceably removing kids and injecting them with hormones or doing surgery on the kids- it’s way beyond getting a lawyer and spokesperson - You know they are coming for your kid to mutilate them- and it’s time to take a physical stand- it’s beyond lawyers, it’s beyond pr- it’s time to act in defense of your family and on behalf of your religious convictions and basic inalienable human rights- it’s time to let the world know that no- it’s not alright for governments to do this to families- to violate their inalienable right-

IF enough parents were willing to lay down their lives in defense of their families if necessary- the government would be forced to back off- There is a time for courts, and lawyers and spokespeople- but when it becomes clear that your child is going to be taken and mutilated by a perverted evil regime/agenda, then it’s time to let the world know a boundary has been crossed- and we’re not going to take it-

51 posted on 4/11/2019, 11:55:22 AM by Bob434
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

But don't expose your kids to Measles, 'cause that's bad parenting...

I know there's a lot there, but even so that line definitely stood out to me.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
So... what are they actually talking about? What's happening in the real world and not their freakish funhouse mirror version? I can usually tell, but I wouldn't even be able to make a confident guess here.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

Cleretic posted:

So... what are they actually talking about? What's happening in the real world and not their freakish funhouse mirror version? I can usually tell, but I wouldn't even be able to make a confident guess here.

Followed a few links - teenagers are consenting to hormone therapy and the Canadian government says that one child doesn't need their parents' permission.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wow, what tyranny.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
freedom for me, not for thee

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you think for yourself and do real research, you'll find that mountie death squads are forcibly injecting estrogen into proud, virile young white boys.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Clunk Tap It posted:

Followed a few links - teenagers are consenting to hormone therapy and the Canadian government says that one child doesn't need their parents' permission.

And that "child" is like 16, right? But this will get brought up without clarification in discussions about 5-year-olds.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you think for yourself and do real research, you'll find that mountie death squads are forcibly injecting estrogen into proud, virile young white boys.

Is there a way we could arrange for them to take a swing down to Pennsylvania? Asking for a me.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

pookel posted:

And that "child" is like 16, right? But this will get brought up without clarification in discussions about 5-year-olds.

In the case I'm thinking of: 14, but one parent is okay with it and one isn't.

Unfortunately it's the loud father who isn't and he's pledged to go to the Supreme Court of Canada (they were in the BC Supreme Court previously - provincial, not federal). He got slapped down hard by the provincial court.

Edit: Or did it actually hit federal courts yet? I didn't think they'd had enough time to.

Prism fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 12, 2019

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

It'd be funny, because if their court is anything like the SCOTUS, they might just refuse to hear the case because "why the gently caress are you bothering us when this has only come to one lower court? Call me back when two federal circuits disagree. loving losers."

At least if I remember my conlaw right. They can look at it and go, "nah, there's no reason to get involved here."

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Warmachine posted:

It'd be funny, because if their court is anything like the SCOTUS, they might just refuse to hear the case because "why the gently caress are you bothering us when this has only come to one lower court? Call me back when two federal circuits disagree. loving losers."

At least if I remember my conlaw right. They can look at it and go, "nah, there's no reason to get involved here."

Our court is not laid out like SCOTUS and we don't have multi-state circuits like you do.

In an extremely basic summary, a provincial supreme court's ruling can be taken to the (same province's) court of appeal - the BCCA, or the Court of Appeal of British Columbia in this case. It is possible to appeal a ruling from the BCCA to the Supreme Court of Canada, but the Canadian Supreme Court is not obliged to actually take it up unless it's a nationwide concern or an actual area of unsettled law; they can otherwise just say 'no, go away, the provincial Court of Appeal ruling stands'. Whether someone is allowed to petition for an appeal is usually decided by a small panel of Supreme Court judges (I think it is three?) but is guaranteed in some cases. In this case I would assume they would take it up since it's an area of unsettled law, but it would go to the BCCA first.

The other thing the Supreme Court of Canada can do is answer a question from the federal Cabinet about whether a thing is legal, if they're asked.

Prism fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 13, 2019

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Prism posted:

Our court is not laid out like SCOTUS and we don't have multi-state circuits like you do.

In an extremely basic summary, a provincial supreme court's ruling can be taken to the (same province's) court of appeal - the BCCA, or the Court of Appeal of British Columbia in this case. It is possible to appeal a ruling from the BCCA to the Supreme Court of Canada, but the Canadian Supreme Court is not obliged to actually take it up unless it's a nationwide concern or an actual area of unsettled law; they can otherwise just say 'no, go away, the provincial Court of Appeal ruling stands'. Whether someone is allowed to petition for an appeal is usually decided by a small panel of Supreme Court judges (I think it is three?) but is guaranteed in some cases which I'm going to skip over since this is a real basic explanation.

The other thing the Supreme Court of Canada can do is answer a question from the federal Cabinet about whether a thing is legal, if they're asked.

So the BCCA will have to hear this, but there's no guarantee the guy gets to drag it on even farther than that?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Feinne posted:

So the BCCA will have to hear this, but there's no guarantee the guy gets to drag it on even farther than that?

As I understand it, yes, but I haven't taken a civics class in twenty years and I haven't been following the case closely.

The BCCA is allowed to punt or declare it outside their bounds if they want to; if they do, that's one of the things that guarantees the right of appeal to the Supreme Court. Usually this mostly comes up with Constitutional issues where they would want a reference question (edit: a reference is when the government officially asks the Supreme Court for a law check, either to a provincial Supreme Court or the federal one depending on the question), but they could do it on a hot-button topic like this to try to get a federal ruling, if they wanted to.

Mostly I just wanted to point out that the Canadian court system is absolutely not the same as the American one and is sometimes difficult to map precise equivalents to.

Prism fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 13, 2019

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Prism posted:

In the case I'm thinking of: 14, but one parent is okay with it and one isn't.

Unfortunately it's the loud father who isn't and he's pledged to go to the Supreme Court of Canada (they were in the BC Supreme Court previously - provincial, not federal). He got slapped down hard by the provincial court.

Edit: Or did it actually hit federal courts yet? I didn't think they'd had enough time to.

Well of course, because if my son is girlified that means I am less of a man because I couldn't raise a strapping young man like myself!

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Freepers: they have no idea of the irony when they call us Nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

kik2dagroin posted:

Freepers: they have no idea