Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I admit I’m pretty salty about how “troop” has come to mean a singular soldier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

In the last few days I'm seeing way more "regular" people getting fed up with the slow roll Pelosi has been doing with the impeachment on social media which before was more the domain of "woke twitter." With Barr basically making the Mueller report a non factor she's lost her ability to point to some neutral systemic third party that was going to give the Democrats permission (or put the kibosh on it totally) so it's on her to actually lead on this. Trump calling for his subordinates to do illegal things in exchange for pardons and stoking his crazed followers on Omar isn't making her "we can't be bothered" comment regarding the impeachment look any better.

Also when a bunch of prominent Democrats (oddly not Schumer, Hoyer, or her) are calling out these attacks for what they are and using Omar's name it's making Pelosi and her poo poo statement about disrespecting 9/11 even more craven.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 13, 2019

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/DanClarkReports/status/1117044636026068992

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Who indeed ate all the Tuna?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
“You take ‘em! He ate me out of Tuna house and home!”

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

PneumonicBook posted:

I think saying joining the military being a mistake is a pretty broad brushstroke. If you're referring to the top level point of military industrialization being bad and joining keeps that going than okay, but believe it or not a lot of people come out way better than they go in. Of course an actual jobs program or living wages or universal healthcare would all be better options.

That being said a lot of it is gross, especially when you see senators and congressman recoil at the thought of putting their kids in the military, or seeing privileged people join explicitly to get the checkmark, but they join an officer's corp in the reserves or guard, and do a deployment filing paperwork.

Conservatives wont care and will still treat transgendered people terribly. They want them out for the same reason they didnt want women, minorities, and gay people in. They're otherized and wanted to keep their good ole boys club. Every time another minority is included its change for them, which is uncomfortable.

pete buttigieg

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I wonder how much of this could've been averted if the dems stood up for her a few weeks ago with the AIPAC comments. Of course there would still be republicans that would be smearing a black muslim woman all the time, but it's possible it might have been limited to a few shitheads if dem "leaders" and "respectable" talking heads hadn't legitimized an obvious racist trap.

I wanted to believe that the likes of Pelosi and Schumer were just old and too decorum-y for their own good, but it's pretty apparent now that they just agree with the republicans outright.

And where's Chelsea Clinton at for this one?

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Radish posted:

In the last few days I'm seeing way more "regular" people getting fed up with the slow roll Pelosi has been doing with the impeachment on social media which before was more the domain of "woke twitter." With Barr basically making the Mueller report a non factor she's lost her ability to point to some neutral systenic third party that was going to give the Democrats permission (or put the kibosh on it totally) so it's on her to actually lead on this. Trump calling for his subordinates to do illegal things in exchange for pardons and stoking his crazed followers on Omar isn't making her "we can't be bothered" comment regarding the impeachment look any better.

Listen, Hindenburg is a hero and von Papen is a serious politician. They just don't want to rock the boat by calling out this Hitler fellow. All their wealthy, powerful friends who are just like them agree. All this "Nazi" stuff is just business as usual. All this will blow over, and we wouldn't want anyone upset with us after this brief period of totally normal politics as usual. I mean, some of this IS highly unusual, but, I'm pretty sure this is as far as it will go. After all, Herr Hitler is a politician too!

I'm normally a nominal Pelosi fan but holy poo poo. Read a loving history book already, members of the U.S. government.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yes please

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1117053137368559617

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

The comments are all about how leaving people in sanctuary cities is a great idea.

Some part of me hopes this becomes their cause more than the wall because at least then we can reduce human suffering.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Sounds good as hell

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A heckin chonker of a cat

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RuanGacho posted:

The comments are all about how leaving people in sanctuary cities is a great idea.

Some part of me hopes this becomes their cause more than the wall because at least then we can reduce human suffering.

same. its from a very bad place but id like to think the refugees/immigrants/etc have better shot in Sanctuary city with a socially friendly liberal goverment.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. its from a very bad place but id like to think the refugees/immigrants/etc have better shot in Sanctuary city with a socially friendly liberal goverment.

In a weird way that will help the charitable social activist organizations setup to help these folks because they'd be able to concentrate their outreach in specific big cities with infrastructure, not spread out all over God knows where at some Greyhound station in El Paso like now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Trigger the Libs by suggesting something that they’d like to see happen!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The absolute horror of the congressional leadership being younger women!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I admit I’m pretty salty about how “troop” has come to mean a singular soldier

Why?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1117050617715929089?s=19

P much

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Grocery workers are striking in New England. I went to my stop and shop just in time to see some red hats attempting to cross the picket lines to prove some point and get loving dunked on so hard they slinked away.

So, if you want to see some old fashioned labor, come to MA.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Steny Hoyer must be censured.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

As well as Dan Crenshaw. Omar for Speaker.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 13, 2019

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Language nerd! :v:

Nonsense posted:

As well as Dan Crenshaw. Omar for Speaker.

Space Pirate can go to hell and stay, that man is a genuine idiot, and an avatar of every uninformed CHUD.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh no whatever will we do...

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh no whatever will we do...

Toast to a wonderful step forward?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nancy Pelosi is dogshit wedged between the treads of your sneakers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

“BREAKING

DEMS announce campaign platform of Kittens and Puppies for all.

TRIGGERED YET?!?”

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“BREAKING

TRIGGERED YET?!?”

Make that Space Communist kittens and puppies and you got my vote.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Grape posted:

I feel like Islamophobia is the least self examined prejudice among Dems and even online leftists. Through one avenue or another it's an enormous widespread sin in this country (and really the west in general).

This kind of unexamined prejudice gets particularly exacerbated whenever there is an actual tension between Islam and the Left. The twitter left is simultaneously capable of downplaying Iran's theocratic issues (because they oppose America) while simultaneously holding the position that everyone fighting the USSR in Afghanistan was Al-Qaeda (or some other kind of "Fundamentalist Islamist") or that the PRC Muslims were "asking for it". Its Shrodinger's Muslim: a hero when opposing American/British imperialist norms and a villain when opposing Soviet/PRC imperialist norms.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“BREAKING

TRIGGERED YET?!?”

:rolleyes: of course establishment dems would forget about birbs

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Condiv posted:

How about borbs?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“BREAKING

TRIGGERED YET?!?”

It's like they all look at when Fox News does the "AOC AND BERNIE SANDERS WANT TO DO ALL THESE GREAT THINGS" lists and think everyone is as broke-brained as them

"ACTUAL LEFTISTS?! LEADING MY CONGRESS?!" (Spit-take)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Condiv posted:

If my two cats are anything to go by, they would certainly never forget about birbs. This is like 50% of their waking time, looking at them from the windows.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“BREAKING

TRIGGERED YET?!?”

Trump's audience cheered his 'dogs are gay' comment.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Because I'm a prescriptivist piece of poo poo

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dammerung posted:

How about borbs?

Wanna pet that borb :3:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Trump's audience cheered his 'dogs are gay' comment.

Did this happen? I can’t tell anymore.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Radish posted:

Warren and Sanders are the only serious candidates.

Warren/Sanders 2020

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Dammerung posted:

How about borbs?

Experience the one true borb.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
It didn't occur to me about Greg Craig until just now.
...Two first names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ascii genitals posted:

Warren/Sanders 2020

Yup