Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dumb Lowtax posted:

No I get that it belonged in the conversation, I'm just marvelling at how one moment you can be in the middle of a mundane conversation and the next you're in the middle of goon-history-shattering storytime

One moment I'm on a camping trip with a bunch of 20 somethings and getting drunk and stoned off my rear end and walking past the tent with sex noises coming from it and I end up as the :confused: guy in :gooncamp:

Granted, I went to many gooncamps so it was bound to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i love this stupid place.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

sneakyfrog posted:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

sneakyfrog posted:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

sneakyfrog posted:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

sneakyfrog posted:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

sneakyfrog posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sneakyfrog posted:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

sneakyfrog posted:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

sneakyfrog posted:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Gokuweed420 posted:

An ouroborus of idiots

lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

syscall girl posted:

do you have any thoughts on otters?

FMguru posted:

horrid creatures

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I saw an otter the other day. horrible creatures, I avoid them wherever I can.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

we’re talking about otters, not mirrors

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

gschmidl posted:

Can't wait for Elon's plan to rebuild Notre Dame with Boring Co. bricks and a submarine.

Platystemon posted:

At least when Elon Musk calls people involved in the reconstruction “pedophiles”, he has some chance of being right.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Sedisp posted:

Lol the fact that sex mods come with a need to jerk while operating the UI prerequisite might unironically lead to a revolution in user friendliness.

jonsicoli posted:

Counterpoint:

(From Skyrim or something, not Starbound)

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wow.

Qwopulation.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh, I remember that one. I don't know if there were any actual followup posts, but I've seen a few second/third-hand posts over the years that apparently some of that actually came to pass because she didn't take his advice. Like just straight-up "no, that'll never happen to us!" naysayed it at the time.

It was in a GIP thread relevant to the matter, it wasn't something random. It also had about a page worth of subsequent posts from various people that can be summed up as "for the love of God, listen to this person and heed his advice!"

Found it.

quote:

Go ask the career development folks at the MPF. Also pimp the TMO folks and ask them.

The final answer comes from one of those two sources. And in the end you have a 50/50 chance of being told the wrong thing anyway.

But you asked for thoughts, and after smoking a bowl and contemplating things, I had a thought I'd like to share with you.

Have you considered not marrying your fiancee?

I can count on one finger the number of guys that were USAF intel officers that I wouldn't line up outside the gas chambers if the fourth reich became a thing.

A few years from now, when you can't even stand to look at him without feeling a sense of extreme hatred and disappointment simultaneous to realizing that at 28 years old you spend 50% of your day thinking about becoming a divorcee, remember this advice: Run the gently caress away now.

Seriously, there is a 100% chance your fiancee is a tool and a loving nitwit. There is a 100% chance that he will be peer pressured into becoming a distilled version of fighter pilot gay bro'ness not by dudes that fly fighter jets, but other sperged out intel retard officers. He's going to start saying things like "Check, Rodge, Vector, Burner" and other associated lame as gently caress things, while also sometimes randomly wearing a flightsuit to work on Fridays despite his only flight time being the fam flight he poo poo his pants or puked his guts up during.

Also he's going to cheat on you. Oh man is he going to cheat on you. And there is a not too bad chance that it won't be with some good looking gal, but rather some dumb bitch enlisted intel girl that almost got a degree in psychology from her podunk state school before she decided she hated the taste of gargling frat sperm and dropped out and joined up to get a chance at being the hottest little twat in a windowless SCIF in Japan.

But don't worry about that breaking your heart, he'll never tell you. You'll be too busy caring for the 3-4 kids he demands you squeeze out in repayment to the base model BMW 3 series he's going to buy you when he gets to his second assignment at Tinker AFB.

When he's not deep dicking some borderline inbred dipshit Airman who's a civilian 5 and intel 12, he'll be lording over you how his job and career come first, and pray he doesn't make more money than you because that'll come up everytime you sigh audibly at the dinner table where you two will passive aggressively try to grind down each others will to live and breathe.

By this point as a captain he's going to be TDY 1-2 months a year, where he's getting half assed hand jobs from third tier strippers on excursions with the least socially inept enlisted guys in his flight-- this is probably the point where his raging alcoholism will be so clear and obvious to you that you two will start fighting every saturday before kick off when his colleges football team inevitably will take a beating. This fight won't stop until his next TDY when the sweet release of his toothless stripper infidelities and lack of home presence gives you time to bust out your big giant purple *BZZZZZ* friend whenever those walking talking pants making GBS threads machines you call children fall asleep long enough to let you deaden the nerves in your clitoris.

Soon after he'll take his third assignment, the one right before he pins on Major, and suddenly he'll be pressuring you into becoming a fundamentalist christian, and he'll delete all of his whores off of his facebook account and spend his home time posting image macros about 2nd amendment rights, and how jesus spoke english in the bible so these loving mexicans should too. At this point you two will be consigned to bi-annual loving, and only when you've drank enough cheap boxed wind to be able to stand the idea of him pounding away on you missionary style but still refusing to look you in the eyes.

This will also be the point when your oldest childs ADHD and pyromania are diagnosed, and one of your parents die. There is around a 85% chance one of you is going to be eating zoloft and klonopin out of loving pez dispensers, and waking up angry that the sweet release of death hasn't taken one of you out of this loveless hosed up marriage.

Somewhere in here the idea of swinging is going to come up casually as an almost joke when you are both in the blissful release of a nice drunken buzz, and one of you will actually be very open and interested in the idea. The other is going to wind up being an unhappy accomplice wondering why your partner wants to gently caress almost chubby guys with spray on tans, or watch the sacred hole through which your children came into this world be filled with all manner of different ethnicities of cock.

I'm late to bring this up, but sooner rather than later you're also going to screen positive for HPV, and your intel officer husband is going to take every bit of research skills he has from his job to convince you that you got it from donating blood or sitting on a toilet seat.

You didn't get it from the Red Cross or a trip to the shitter.

As it stands now though, you can walk the gently caress away and enjoy a life that I'm pretty sure would be better than the above. And you'll never have to see the inside of an officers wives meeting which is a lovecraftian hell that makes my description of your future seem like Charlie's trip through the chocolate factory.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Looks like the lady asking was still a pretty prolific poster a couple years ago

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
So basically 'Goonette in a well, Air Force edition'?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I deal with military families for a living and that is the most spot-on description I have ever seen.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is it known who answered? Did they marry theirs, or are they just a thirsty aviation tech?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They married and OP was complaining sometime down the road about their husband who turned into exactly that.

The original question btw was some typical young dumbass question about getting married for benefits or so they could deploy together WAY too early in the relationship

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"deploy"?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They married and OP was complaining sometime down the road about their husband who turned into exactly that.

The original question btw was some typical young dumbass question about getting married for benefits or so they could deploy together WAY too early in the relationship

Got any links? I'd love more.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Getting sent somewhere on a temporary duty assignment. Could mean going to the desert, could mean going to another base somewhere in support of an operation

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ah, I thought they meant like ~"deploy"~ if you know what i mean

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Like a boner?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

As the curly toe tipped brown shoe slammed it to ground and pressed down on it's stomach, the Rabbid knew it hosed up. Waluigi towered over up into the air, his head silhouetted by the sun blotting out any expression for the Rabbid to try to read that once comical mustache's sharp point now looking sinister against the bright sky. The rabbid didn't need to see Waluigi's face, however, to know his intent.

Held within one cruel long finger gloved hand sat the chrome of a .45 revolver. The sun made it gleam in such a way it seemed to produce the light itself as if to highlight ever curve of it's deadly shape. The Rabbid had been warned not to give him a gun. The words "Don't give Waluigi a loving gun" now seemed to be screaming in it's head but it couldn't react. All it could do was watch as that other gnarled gangly hand took a single bullet and loaded it into one of six chambers of the gun before a lazy flick of those same gnarled gloved fingers sent it spinning like a roulette wheel.

As the muzzle of the gun was leveled inches from it's head the Rabbid heard Waluigi bend down first before actually seeing him do so. It was a terrible sound, like dead branches slowly being crushed under the trod of a decayed monstrosity. Once that horribly enlongated form was bent close it could feel Waluigi's breath on one of it's ears. It was a hot, moist feverish sensastion like a gangrenous infected limb had clasped a half dead hand around it's ear. Then came the only word Waluigi would say before pulling the trigger

"Waa"

Click. The chamber was empty. Again the same lazy flick of those horrible fingers sent the chamber spinning. The barrel was once again leveled at the center of the Rabbid's head...

"Waa"

Mega64 posted:

Don't give Waluigi a loving gun.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Karate Bastard posted:

Ah, I thought they meant like ~"deploy"~ if you know what i mean

De ploy was she wanted de benefits

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

"Got any kinks?"

"Left handed QWERTY"

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

BOOTY-ADE posted:

De ploy was she wanted de benefits

It's so stupid but I can't stop laughing

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
I'm looking for a quote and also context. Something about a kid being all, "I'm in trouble please don't quote Dragula" and his parents doing that.

I feel like the actual context can't possibly add much to it but it'd be nice to know.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Segmentation Fox posted:

I'm looking for a quote and also context. Something about a kid being all, "I'm in trouble please don't quote Dragula" and his parents doing that.

I feel like the actual context can't possibly add much to it but it'd be nice to know.

The Golden Man posted:

me: mom i think i may be in trouble for getting $1300 in american money on a donation website by saying I have leukemia please dont sing dragula
mom: dead i am the one
me, sobbing: please please i got a phone call from the canada revenus agency
my dad via speakerphone: conquering the worm
No idea for context, though

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
It does, trust me

It's only on Page 2 so starting at the first post is worth it

The Golden Man posted:

me: mom i think i may be in trouble for getting $1300 in american money on a donation website by saying I have leukemia please dont sing dragula
mom: dead i am the one
me, sobbing: please please i got a phone call from the canada revenus agency
my dad via speakerphone: conquering the worm

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
yeah no I tried but I don't have the requisite brainworms to make sense of anything in FYAD, explain it to me in plain English please.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Malachite_Dragon posted:

yeah no I tried but I don't have the requisite brainworms to make sense of anything in FYAD, explain it to me in plain English please.

dead i am the one

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
conquering the worm

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Malachite_Dragon posted:

goddamn it, now you've done it, this thread's gonna be completely unreadable for several pages while a bunch of fyads come out of the woodwork to defend their honor

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I read it and laughed. I think I even understood on some level, but there’s no way I could verbalize that understanding or why it was funny.

I’m a little worried.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It does, trust me

It's only on Page 2 so starting at the first post is worth it

I've never read these pages before, here's the post that I think really kicks things into high gear

quote:

Me, slowly opening the door to my dads den: dad I bought Japanese blue jeans again because of my anxiety
Dad: we hell the dowgs cuh fine her they got time time a wait fuh toma-how
My mom yelling from upstairs: tuh fine her tuh fine her tuh fine heheher

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I always forget how Dragula goes so my brain helpfully substitutes Mrs. Potts singing "Tale as Old As Time"

Dead I am the one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Or vice versa