Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

chitoryu12 posted:

If you read the article, he was shirtless and shoveling pasta in his mouth with his bare hands outside while yelling at people.

uhh how the gently caress else would you eat pasta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The shirt is meant to keep the sauce off of your body.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Detective Thompson posted:

The shirt is meant to keep the sauce off of your body.

Slather your naked body in sauce. That way the cops can't arrest you without staining their uniforms! #fightthepower

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Slather your naked body in sauce. That way the cops can't arrest you without staining their uniforms! #fightthepower

Probably earn them another charge.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Milo and POTUS posted:

Probably earn them another charge.

No way, that's a classic block.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

And nothing of value was lost.

...Can you imagine if Cassowary, of all things, managed to start breeding in Florida?

Just loving wall the state off.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They are literally modern raptor dinosaurs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

chitoryu12 posted:

If you read the article, he was shirtless and shoveling pasta in his mouth with his bare hands outside while yelling at people.

And people called the cops instead of just going :wtc: and moving on? drat, Florida

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

And people called the cops instead of just going :wtc: and moving on? drat, Florida

Look, that guy is either going to move on to trying to eat people he thinks are sentient pasta, or fall into a swamp and be eaten by alligators. It's better for everyone to play it safe.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The MSJ posted:

Look, that guy is either going to move on to trying to eat people he thinks are sentient pasta, or fall into a swamp and be eaten by alligators. It's better for everyone to play it safe.

Yes, you should look out for the alligators’ safety.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The MSJ posted:

They very rarely actually kill people. Mostly only if you interact with them, or approach their egg mound.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

They very rarely actually kill people. Mostly only if you interact with them, or approach their egg mound.

Well most predators don't usually hunt humans either.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

He wasn't summarily executed so by American standards he got off lightly

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Look, they basically never kill you unless you interact with them.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Aztec posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

...Can you imagine if Cassowary, of all things, managed to start breeding in Florida?

Just loving wall the state off.

Not only can I but sending them to Florida to eventually destroy Trump is my business model.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Look, they basically never kill you unless you interact with them.

You've got more dangerous stuff in north america. Like 'bears'. From what I understand they're basically like land crocodiles - enormous armoured hulks that will chase you down and eat you, except they could be anywhere instead of staying near water.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

You've got more dangerous stuff in north america. Like 'bears'. From what I understand they're basically like land crocodiles - enormous armoured hulks that will chase you down and eat you, except they could be anywhere instead of staying near water.

You're confusing bears with moose, a common misconception. They don't eat you, but they also don't hibernate for winter and I'd rather test my luck with the bear than north America's goofy looking fluffy tank.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Don Gato posted:

You're confusing bears with moose, a common misconception. They don't eat you, but they also don't hibernate for winter and I'd rather test my luck with the bear than north America's goofy looking fluffy tank.

So moose are just big wombats. I'd pat one.

I'm also an idiot though so take that as you will.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

jobson groeth posted:

So moose are just big wombats. I'd pat one.

I'm also an idiot though so take that as you will.

Do wombats knock you down and stomp on your joints?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Do wombats knock you down and stomp on your joints?

For anyone confused by the scale, that’s a four person sedan the moose is stomping on.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Proteus Jones posted:

For anyone confused by the scale, that’s a four person sedan the moose is stomping on.
Oh, she's young then

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What other animals are at the intersection of Funny Looking and Incredibly Dangerous like moose?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

zakharov posted:

What other animals are at the intersection of Funny Looking and Incredibly Dangerous like moose?
Humans

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Buffaloes and hippos.
Buffaloes evolved to not give out any warning of what they might do and even experienced people get surprise trampled, and hippos are intensely territorial and waaaaay faster than most tourists expect.

E:^^^ I'm never approaching G.W. Bush again, twelve villages bombed before doofus realised he was in the wrong country.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zakharov posted:

Elephant seals

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

zakharov posted:

Much like the cassowary, ostrich tend to leave you alone unless you provoke them. That's when you realize they can run up to 45 km/hr and are able to kick a lion to death.

Also I've always thought that cone snails looked pretty and harmless.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

By popular demand posted:

hippos are intensely territorial and waaaaay faster than most tourists expect.

I think people tend to be surprised how slow people are, Hippos can run at 30km/h for short bursts.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

zakharov posted:

Giraffes. There are reports of them kicking straight through lions.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The same thing happened to Dick Shawn, he was a weird alt comic and he had a heart attack on stage and died.

You might know him as the guy who played the weird hippie Hitler in the original The Producers

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

zakharov posted:

Emu.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The MSJ posted:

Isn't this only like the second recorded incident of a cassowary killing a human? If I recall correctly, the first was some rear end in a top hat kid who tried to beat one to death with a stick.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Those mutherfuckers are just biding their time, stockpiling machine guns and ammunition. Emu war II: run whitey run.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

zakharov posted:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:stonk:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Oh my God that's the second distinct picture I've seen of somebody holding one of those. What the gently caress it's wrong with people.

Edit:

quote:

Blue-ringed octopuses, comprising the genusHapalochlaena, are four highly venomous species of octopus that are found in tide pools and coral reefs in the Pacific and Indian oceans, from Japan to Australia.[2] They can be identified by their yellowish skin and characteristic blue and black rings that change color dramatically when the animal is threatened. 

They're apparently pretty chill but they have the same kind of venom as the death puffer.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Apr 15, 2019

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zakharov posted:

I don't know that they're incredibly dangerous - they won't come looking for you like a bear or mountain lion, so just don't pick one up and you're golden - but the venom of the male duck-billed platypus can cause nonlethal but excruciating pain that lasts for months and is unresponsive to morphine.

Definitely approaching the FLID nexus from the Funny-looking side though

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAmTTCV7GyY

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_TB6onHVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Is that person dead? :ohdear:

This is one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen.