Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am, and I'm doing fantastic damage.

Aaaaw :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I remember leveling DRG up at level 61 next to Pike Falls in The Fringes using a level 57/i142 mainhand and it being really dodgy and on a knife's edge when it came to killing mobs 1 by 1 for the Ananta beast tribe quests. Dinged to 62, equipped an HQ High Steel Fork and the encounters became like 10 second affairs.

Upgrade your weapons.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Cythereal posted:

They tried to work the WoL into it as the straight man, I think, but the WoL is such a nonentity I don't think it worked.

I think it might be better if they would give us more varied choices of reactions.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cythereal posted:

WoL is such a nonentity I don't think it worked.

I'm playing through Stormblood and for the first time I'm actually really mad about how little characterization they allow me. Ninja lady wants to go fight Xenos all by her lonesome? That's a bad idea. I'm sent to go talk her out of it but my only two options are "Hell yeah" and "HELL YEAH!" followed by another 10 minute session of "oh wow look how badass Xenos is you can't hurt him (jerk off motion)" and everyone gets their turn in berating me for being rash.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Doing the MSQ as a Lala is a mixed bag. On one hand, staring down Primals leads to some pretty cool shots, but when it comes to diplomacy it's a bit hard to take serious. Telling Varis to go gently caress himself at the negotiation table didn't have the same impact it should have.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Glams:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

idgi

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Where do they sell those leveling gear upgrades?

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Any major city, I think, should have weapon and armor vendors that sell lvl 60, i255 whites. There's also a merchant/mender in Castrum Oriens that sells them for sure.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Invalid Validation posted:

Where do they sell those leveling gear upgrades?

for which levels? are you talking about the augmented ironworks/shire gear?

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait is there a death log?

No, but there is a battle log on your chat window as an option. It's useful to see how much damage you do to/taken by enemies if you can't use ACT or die and want to know what killed you.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

they're being kinda dickish about FAU saying he does good damage at lower gear levels.

I don't remember if FAU is on a goon server, but if they are a goon crafter could fit them out for very little actual cost. Most of the gear that you'd want at that level is inflated to hell because of a lack of supply because who just makes a bunch of level 61 gear outside of inflating the price to make money? It doesn't move fast enough to justify it if you don't.

Ironslave posted:

It gave us Kugane Ohashi so you shut your goddamn mouth.

alternatively, some monkey's paw deals aren't worth it.

It's me, I'm the guy who thinks any hildy after ARR's was poo poo and the scholasticate was a nice change of pace, and I want more of that instead of more trans jokes and unfunnny slapstick. (more change of pace, not necessarily just more scholasticate)

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 15, 2019

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I try not to build up expectations too much but I hope the generally high quality of dungeons continues in ShB, especially with the Trust system. No specific reason to believe this won't happen, but I was thinking on this when I remembered how much I enjoyed Bardam's the first time - the music, the visual integration with Azim Steppe, the unconventional but reasonable 2nd boss.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

After avoiding it for a while because of HW, doing SB Hildy was worth it, it was a funny and great ride through.

My biggest complaint is that they threw in a villain right at the end to set up ShB's inevitable Hildy quests. Like who even is that Thavnair guy besides somebody we saw once before just to reveal he was behind it all?

Ironslave posted:

It gave us Kugane Ohashi so you shut your goddamn mouth.

It was a good trial, I kinda love how chaotic it was. I didn't expect the reveal either.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

[ron howard voice] He wasn't.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

isk posted:

I try not to build up expectations too much but I hope the generally high quality of dungeons continues in ShB, especially with the Trust system. No specific reason to believe this won't happen, but I was thinking on this when I remembered how much I enjoyed Bardam's the first time - the music, the visual integration with Azim Steppe, the unconventional but reasonable 2nd boss.

I think the dungeons are going to be cool but I have less than zero confidence that the trust system is going to be worth a single poo poo, because the squad dungeons sure as hell can't handle anything that requires literally any mechanics whatsoever.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Failboattootoot posted:

I think the dungeons are going to be cool but I have less than zero confidence that the trust system is going to be worth a single poo poo, because the squad dungeons sure as hell can't handle anything that requires literally any mechanics whatsoever.

I dunno, if the Trust NPCs function on dungeon-specific routines (as opposed to the Squads, which follow the same routine in all situations) it would be fine. Like, even if they just script the boss fights it would be fine, since that's generally where the difficulty comes from when running squadrons. Just make it so that once the fight starts, they run to their specific locations and play out the battle from there.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Yep, certain roles are awful in a few of the dungeons. I got more optimistic after seeing NPCs in Ghimlyt split up AoEs, and to a lesser extent after the callout in the last live letter that the Trust AI's getting pretty good.

*edit -

A Sometimes Food posted:

We lost track of a monk in Ghimlyt, they tunnel visioned hard and stayed behind fighting with the npcs. Kan-E and Hien kept them alive.

:thatsrad:

isk fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 15, 2019

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

We lost track of a monk in Ghimlyt, they tunnel visioned hard and stayed behind fighting with the npcs. Kan-E and Hien kept them alive.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
We should get a preview of all the dungeons before the expansion's actually out.

Heavensward's Dungeon Crawl was shown at the same time as the Job Actions trailer (both on May 21st)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcvnNOe34k
But Stormblood's Dungeon Crawl was delayed until less than a handful of days before Early Access (June 16th; June 20th was EA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-cExYo5_g

Given everything on their plate, I'd expect the Shadowbringers one to release more like Stormblood's.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Phone posted:

for which levels? are you talking about the augmented ironworks/shire gear?

I got to 50 and will start leveling to cap when the expansion hits and they unlock the others I just wanted to get an idea on where to upgrade gear along the way.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Anyone know what time the FFXV event starts tomorrow?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Givin posted:

Anyone know what time the FFXV event starts tomorrow?

1 AM US Pacific

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Rastan Beeza posted:

My biggest complaint is that they threw in a villain right at the end to set up ShB's inevitable Hildy quests. Like who even is that Thavnair guy besides somebody we saw once before just to reveal he was behind it all?

That's not a bad thing. It builds a plot thread going forward, which is a thing that Hildebrand has been sorely lacking. (References galore, but not much continuity between patches.)

Also it could be McShadowDude from the ARR set.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've been pretty much ignoring all quests aside from MSQ and blue !s, but I recently learned that one of the yellow ! quests actually gives you a couerl kitten pet. Is there a list anywhere of yellow quests that give pets and other similar shiny things that I can go track down?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hildy in HW was also meh to me but SB felt like a return to form and I really enjoyed the ride. Possibly because I forgot two patches worth and just powered through most of it at once so I didn't have to think about any flaws.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I did the Hildy trial and everything after it today and it was all excellent.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I actually went back and checked ilvls, and the only time I ever ran a dungeon undergeared was one run of The Vault. Which explains why I kept thinking my damage was fine. I just thought that dungeons didn't require that much gear optimization, but turns out I was just fine on gear. Luckily I did gear up before I ran Sirensong Sea or else I would have been doing that at 217 and been useless.

edit: and doing the Shatotto duty for BLM 60 at like 170 or something ridiculous, but at least that was solo.

You rarely have to worry about equipment running the MSQ, so I haven't given it much thought.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

SirSamVimes posted:

I've been pretty much ignoring all quests aside from MSQ and blue !s, but I recently learned that one of the yellow ! quests actually gives you a couerl kitten pet. Is there a list anywhere of yellow quests that give pets and other similar shiny things that I can go track down?

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Content_Unlock This one seems alright and I think I used it when I first started. It’s how I found out there was a challenge log.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hogama posted:

We should get a preview of all the dungeons before the expansion's actually out.

Heavensward's Dungeon Crawl was shown at the same time as the Job Actions trailer (both on May 21st)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcvnNOe34k
But Stormblood's Dungeon Crawl was delayed until less than a handful of days before Early Access (June 16th; June 20th was EA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-cExYo5_g

Given everything on their plate, I'd expect the Shadowbringers one to release more like Stormblood's.

There isnt that much on their plate, they arent even making a new healer

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

FactsAreUseless posted:

edit: and doing the Shatotto duty for BLM 60 at like 170 or something ridiculous, but at least that was solo.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that quest is just a total nightmare. I remember one of them being an extremely close call even with great gear for my level.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

strong bird posted:

they should have designed, developed and implemented a new healer class for the first time in 3 years or whatever instead of a new dps class when we just got 3 last expansion

strong bird posted:

They should have made a new healer class

strong bird posted:

healers will adjust to playing the same of 3 years old classes come the relesae of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm REborn: Heavensward: Stormblood: Shadowbringer

strong bird posted:

There isnt that much on their plate, they arent even making a new healer

but how do you really feel?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

somepartsareme posted:

but how do you really feel?

No new healing job sucks.

On the silver lining I'll just go through Shadowbringers as an AST and not have to deal with any queue troubles.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rainuwastaken posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that quest is just a total nightmare. I remember one of them being an extremely close call even with great gear for my level.
It gives you the Echo so I got it on my third try with the bonuses.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Are we still doing glam shots?

MCH:
PLD:
WHM:
RDM:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm sorry to say but glam shots ended after I shared mine.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Dr Pepper posted:

No new healing job sucks.

On the silver lining I'll just go through Shadowbringers as an AST and not have to deal with any queue troubles.

Healing would be an even bigger mess if they tried to just throw another healer in without fixing the problems that were shown with AST. The may live letter is going to be our first look at whether they’re trying to change anything there.

Also even if you dislike no new healer, it’s real weird to dwell on it that much.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Rando Elf Squad cheers on those brave souls who dare enter BA

In other news, it is still true that you can grind a brand new FC from rank 1 to rank 6 in about 8-10 hours.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also even if you dislike no new healer, it’s real weird to dwell on it that much.

Did any DPS only players ever complain about there being no new dps in HW? Honest question, not trying to being snarky.

(Though I do agree that I'd rather they hold off on bringing a new healer than to bring a more messy healer than og AST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rastan Beeza posted:

Did any DPS only players ever complain about there being no new dps in HW? Honest question, not trying to being snarky.

(Though I do agree that I'd rather they hold off on bringing a new healer than to bring a more messy healer than og AST)

MCH was a new dps in HW.