Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oberst posted:

Eifert, youre a weird terrible bitch and your 5'2 frame is filled with nothing but what i can assume is some liquid form of elemental bitchmadeness

nice entry level analysis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

nice entry level analysis

Carpetbagger

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Bigass Moth posted:

Browns bitch!!!!

stfu

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oberst posted:

Carpetbagger

delta gamma has chapters throughout the us i don't need to move to whatever appalachian state your pig resides in

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sir as you can see he ordered the “double down” not a beer

Yeeah, there's nothing else to say to him, so

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
honored to call the Cincinnati Bengals a division Rival

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dom Capers turned down the Cincinnati Bengals and he accepted a lesser position with the Jacksonville Jaguars who are good as well

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
hey i was right

https://twitter.com/R_Mendenhall/st...pleads-chill%2F

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Not that I doubt that Ben is a racist but Mendenhall is a 9/11 truther who was killed by Ray Lewis so his opinions are suspect.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mendenhall also unironically came out in support of Bin Laden as well

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ben-gals. Ben-Gals?

ben-Gals.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Mendenhall also unironically came out in support of Bin Laden as well

dedicated his career to the brave mujahideen fighters of afghanistan

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

dedicated his career to the brave mujahideen fighters of afghanistan

Remember when a rookie Rashard Mendenhall talked poo poo about Ray Lewis, so Ray Ray returned the favor by breaking his shoulder? AFCN justice

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

just lol if you dont watch a supercut of football injuries everyday

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is like a 20% chance Ben isn't actually racist and is just a really large bubbling Larry David constantly pissing everyone off

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

*larry david throwing his hands in the air* im not down to gently caress! i never said i was down to gently caress! all i said is i like to gently caress girls!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I like the noise from Ramon Foster saying that people should talk to him privately about team grievances. Sounds great until you remember Ben shittalks teammates on his own radio show on the regular.

The whole org is so dysfunctional and it all goes back to Ben being a whiny diva shitlord.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's extremely functional, baby.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im glad the steelers are a dysfunctional organization, unlike my favorite team, The Cincinnati Bengals

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

could you imagine how good any of the afc north teams would if they had the dynamic and gamechanging derek carr at qb

really a shame that every afc north qb is bad other than Andy. put the bengals in the super bowl they would win every game

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
To bad Andy's red rifle fails in prime time. We could have the Bengals dynasty

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ches Neckbeard posted:

To bad Andy's red rifle fails in prime time. We could have the Bengals dynasty

excuse me this lore is years old. andy has meltdowns or can play well at any opportunity.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Watch the bengals win the division or some poo poo this year.

And I'm only half kidding. The NFL has a reputation for strange poo poo to happen during the regular season.

(Post season? it's predictable. Patriots until Brady fucks off.)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bengals went 6-10 with a poo poo load of dudes hurt and a huge moron at DC for half the year. The roster still has too many good players to be like a tanking bad team next year

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Bengals went 6-10 with a poo poo load of dudes hurt and a huge moron at DC for half the year. The roster still has too many good players to be like a tanking bad team next year

but through the magic of the Cincinnati Bengals they will be 3-13

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

a patagonian cavy posted:

but through the magic of the Cincinnati Bengals they will be 3-13

blessed record imo

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hasn't Haskins been linked to the Bengals btw?

As I take off my orange trimmed Seal Brown and Orange tinted glasses?

I still think it goes through Pittsburgh. Despite the dysfunction? One has to remembered they found Bell, Brown in later rounds. I really think it's because they have this generational "Big" version of Elway on their roster that allows them an extra edge over many others in the division. He's the "closer".

Their front office (outside of the Ozzie Newsome-led Ravens, Belichick-led Patriots, etc) has the best track record of finding talent on both sides of the ball long term.

Honest to god..might be one of the toughest division fights since the 70's and 80's AFC Central days.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

Hasn't Haskins been linked to the Bengals btw?
Mock drafts have been doing it a lot (with some people saying if Haskins doesn't go 11, he falls hard) + there have been some teams doing internal mock drafts that go Haskins @ 11.

My gut feeling (which means nothing at all) is they pass on QB at 11 but try to do a trade up like the Ravens last year if Haskins does end up falling. A lot of folks want them to tank for one of the top 2 QBs next year (Tua/Hebert) but unfortunately, the Bengals do have a lot of talent in spite of itself and the odds of falling top 2 or within a reasonable top 2 trade option is slim. If you need a QB next year (Dolphins, Bucs (?), Washington, etc.), you aren't giving up your spot to give the Bengals what they want.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Mock drafts have been doing it a lot (with some people saying if Haskins doesn't go 11, he falls hard) + there have been some teams doing internal mock drafts that go Haskins @ 11.

My gut feeling (which means nothing at all) is they pass on QB at 11 but try to do a trade up like the Ravens last year if Haskins does end up falling. A lot of folks want them to tank for one of the top 2 QBs next year (Tua/Hebert) but unfortunately, the Bengals do have a lot of talent in spite of itself and the odds of falling top 2 or within a reasonable top 2 trade option is slim. If you need a QB next year (Dolphins, Bucs (?), Washington, etc.), you aren't giving up your spot to give the Bengals what they want.

I' was thinking the Giants would swoop in for him personally.

And yeah the amount of talent the Bengals posses on both sides of the ball I imagine would make tanking difficult. It's...really difficult to pull off in the NFL 2019. As laughable as that is to say? You really have to construct a team to be awful.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
The bengals are gonna be mediocre this season thenn crash horribly two seasons from now and get trevor "t law" lawerence

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Oberst posted:

The bengals are gonna be mediocre this season thenn crash horribly two seasons from now and get trevor "t law" lawerence

this is my worst nightmare because this is actually going to happen

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Brown will try some lovely contact shenanigans like the cheap bastard with Lawerence and he'll hold out to the next draft

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Brown is probably going to be dead in a couple years he looks like poo poo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
kings of the turd pile

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

My friend from Cincy told me the Bengals were a bit of a mess as an organization.

Like..in a way where it's actually a minor miracle that they've not had the 2000s Browns track record. I don't know if anyone has heard the same but he told me that Mike Brown refused to hire scouts and that a local pharmacist in town do that work. (This is rumor. I don't know if this is true. Any Bengals poster can correct me on it)

This is not a "BENGALS SUCK" sort of thing, rather it's incredible they've been able to remotely persevere with Mike Brown as owner. The players that succeed there and the coaches that have to do what they do with such a limited infrastructure really are unsung heroes.

In a perfect world? Mike Brown would have hosed off years a go, sold the team in the mid-2000s and some dude with ties to Proctor and Gamble is running the show.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I remember Andrew Hawkins talking about the legendary cheapness of Mike Brown and how loving true it is. Players had to pay for their uniforms to get laundered and for towels being one of the things that stand out in my memory.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
There's a reason Hawkins is all in on the Browns but rarely talks Bengals (he likes his old teammates, that's it)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Hawkins never bad mouths Bengals players but man does he talk poo poo about Mike Brown.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Is there a specific episode of his podcast where he goes in on it? I don't really enjoy the Thomahawk pod but would listen to an episode or two if there are extended making GBS threads on Mike Brown segments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It gets sprinkled in. Might check the particular episodes that mention the bengals in the title. None of the eps really come to mind.