Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HenryEx posted:

It's usually intended to be made by children though

With adult supervision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

HenryEx posted:

It's usually intended to be made by children though

Whynotboth.gif

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t know as a kid a lot of toys we got where insanely complicated and my dad had to help construct it.

At least the toys we got from relatives

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
There's been videos/reviews irt labo ever since the first kits came out about how even though the driections are super clear, labo can still be a long, tiresome project that's easy to lose focus on. Like, what the gently caress even is this? I was just commenting on how clear the instructions were, and how cool the finished product is but if you guys want to try to make into a thing about how I literally don't understand that it's for children than I don't know what to tell you.

edit: Guess so. The thread's attitude has been pissy for like at least like a week, I'm just gonna let things cool off

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 15, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

This thread gets weird about Labo sometimes, don't worry about it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

homeless snail posted:

This thread gets weird all the time, don't worry about it

Fixed

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Labo is both a commercial bomb and a threat to the vr industry, Schrodinger's in the market for a new box.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/StudioMDHR/status/1117822020828446720

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

THE loving MOON posted:

There's been videos/reviews irt labo ever since the first kits came out about how even though the driections are super clear, labo can still be a long, tiresome project that's easy to lose focus on. Like, what the gently caress even is this? I was just commenting on how clear the instructions were, and how cool the finished product is but if you guys want to try to make into a thing about how I literally don't understand that it's for children than I don't know what to tell you.

edit: Guess so. The thread's attitude has been pissy for like at least like a week, I'm just gonna let things cool off

Yeah my kid got the robot one and it was way more involved and longer to put together than I expected even if the instructions were really well done and charming. Like I powered straight through it with no real breaks and it still took almost two hours.

On the plus side four months later it's still holding up and my kid has played the poo poo out of it, including messing around with the garage, so I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 15, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hmm... on a thursday... a perfect day... for a Direct...

edit:

:unsmith: :unsmith: :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/princessproto/status/1117858218619723776
https://twitter.com/KelvinBelmont/status/1117865228736155648

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
. Double post

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The driving kit, though I don't know if it's actually good I just like driving and exploration, and the instrument stuff are what interest me. Also if I had more a programming bent, the stuff you can make yourself seems really cool.

But a huge turn-off is the storage space. Once you're out of a house, you really need to think what sort of things you're going to fill your apartment with.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just buy a house like me

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Toy-Con 5: VR House is going to revolutionize living in the 21st century. Live in the House of your Dreams with Toy-Con 5: VR House.

The only walls... are your imagination :shepface:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Hey Folt, does the Max Rupees Glitch still work in the Switch edition or did it get patched out? I would play Hyrule Warriors again potentially but only if that still works for way easier/quicker progression.

It's patched, but at least you can buy adventure mode items now.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Just read someone mention that the VR elephant would be perfect for Luigi's Mansion 3, and now my heart hurts, because we live in a world where that could happen and yet may not.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mega64 posted:

It’s the Nintendo thread, we’re all tragically, aggravatingly stupid at heart.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bushisms.txt posted:

Just read someone mention that the VR elephant would be perfect for Luigi's Mansion 3, and now my heart hurts, because we live in a world where that could happen and yet may not.
That sounds like a miserable way to play a game for more than 5 minutes.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Playing VR games with a headset strapped to your head and with wireless controllers is the way to go, not this weird thing that you hold up to your face.

It's cool, but Labo VR is a gimmick for sure. In fact, I'd say all Labo is a gimmick. Something to tinker with in an afternoon or two, but nothing more.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Protocol7 posted:

Playing VR games with a headset strapped to your head and with wireless controllers is the way to go, not this weird thing that you hold up to your face.

It's cool, but Labo VR is a gimmick for sure. In fact, I'd say all Labo is a gimmick. Something to tinker with in an afternoon or two, but nothing more.

Just like "real" VR :thunk:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Mister Facetious posted:

The story in Devastation is worse, the voice acting is worse, the graphics are worse, and the game mechanics are worse.
The only thing it has is the Platinum dev name attached to it but it's easily one of the worst things they've put out.
Their entire Activision partnership output (Korra, TMNT, etc.) was subpar.

watch a speedrun or skill run of Devastation, it's incredible. It's leagues ahead of TMNT or Korra.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

American McGay posted:

That sounds like a miserable way to play a game for more than 5 minutes.

It's the only way to get hand tracking without having to recalibrate. I'll take it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Vr is a gimmick but it might be the best loving gimmick I’ve ever seen.

I love my PSVR, Ace Combat 7’s vr mode was like having a Disney caliber theme park experience.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm more inclined to enjoy "LABO style" VR as bite sized specifically designed experiences rather than shoehorning it as a control method onto an already designed game.

I guess we'll see what the BOTW experience is like soon enough.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is the chocobos dungeon re-release for switch worth picking up?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hello friends

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hi, Looper.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

He should've bought/stole the @Mother3 twitter handle to use instead.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Protocol7 posted:

We’ve found them!! The one person out there who thinks labo VR was intended to compete directly with the Oculus Rift!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

is it possible to cut a hole in the top of labo vr for plugging in headphones, or did nintendo see that comin' and not allow it?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

We’ve found them!! The one person out there who thinks labo VR was intended to compete directly with the Oculus Rift!
There was the guy earlier who wanted to juxtapose the sold out LABOVR with the PSVR.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

is it possible to cut a hole in the top of labo vr for plugging in headphones, or did nintendo see that comin' and not allow it?
It already has one

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so long gay (ally) reggie

Mega64
May 23, 2008

American McGay posted:

There was the guy earlier who wanted to juxtapose the sold out LABOVR with the PSVR.

Elephant Face is the future of VR.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1117945537624363008?s=19

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

homeless snail posted:

It already has one

oh hell. duh. :negative:

goofed up my mental image real bad

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I don't see anything about them adding every previous Zelda game to my account, what a failure of an update.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Where are my god drat folders!?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sort by Total Play Time and post the result.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cojawfee posted:

I don't see anything about them adding every previous Zelda game to my account, what a failure of an update.

They put in a Lil' Judd avatar in this update.