Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Clarste posted:

MCH was a new dps in HW.
Was it, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

HW on release was still one of the weirdest times in the game's history, because it was one of the only times I can ever remember where DPS bonus was on nearly every roulette for the span of a week.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

whatever developer decided that the third set of critical overflow bugs in hello world should resolve two seconds before critical error goes out has earned my undying enmity

keeping the poor dps alive through critical synchronization bug is bad enough. my poor aetherflow stacks

I acknowledge the more relevant explanation that I'm not very good at this video game, but consider this: gently caress you

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
my fondest memory of HW launch week is getting loving murdered by every mob unless I had my chocobo out

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Vermain posted:

HW on release was still one of the weirdest times in the game's history, because it was one of the only times I can ever remember where DPS bonus was on nearly every roulette for the span of a week.

HW release was hilarious because for a solid month leveling roulette was just Haukke Mannor with a DRK who couldn't tank, an AST that couldn't heal and a MCH that couldn't DPS. It's was nice being in demand.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheHeadSage posted:

HW release was hilarious because for a solid month leveling roulette was just Haukke Mannor with a DRK who couldn't tank, an AST that couldn't heal and a MCH that couldn't DPS. It's was nice being in demand.
Lmfao

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's always glamshot time. Also middie gang!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Kurieg posted:

I'm playing through Stormblood and for the first time I'm actually really mad about how little characterization they allow me. Ninja lady wants to go fight Xenos all by her lonesome? That's a bad idea. I'm sent to go talk her out of it but my only two options are "Hell yeah" and "HELL YEAH!" followed by another 10 minute session of "oh wow look how badass Xenos is you can't hurt him (jerk off motion)" and everyone gets their turn in berating me for being rash.

i'm pretty over silent protagonists. especially when there's no choices you can make, or the choices you're given are basically fake since the same thing happens regardless. i realize doing voice work for a dozen race/gender combos would be a nightmare, but i don't feel like i can insert myself into my character any better just because they don't say anything (nor do i even really want to. i made a character i think looks cool, not one that represents me).

i guess there's no good solution to this and what they've got going is about the best that can be done, but it would be pretty cool to have an FF game where sure the protagonist is like other FF protagonists with a set character with dialogue and such but you got to create their appearance and class.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Adus posted:

i'm pretty over silent protagonists. especially when there's no choices you can make, or the choices you're given are basically fake since the same thing happens regardless. i realize doing voice work for a dozen race/gender combos would be a nightmare, but i don't feel like i can insert myself into my character any better just because they don't say anything (nor do i even really want to. i made a character i think looks cool, not one that represents me).

i guess there's no good solution to this and what they've got going is about the best that can be done, but it would be pretty cool to have an FF game where sure the protagonist is like other FF protagonists with a set character with dialogue and such but you got to create their appearance and class.

I would 100% take them just actually writing the WoL as their own character because it would make cutscenes more engaging rather than playing a mute idiot. I'm totally fine with them being unvoiced. I just want them to have some sort of character since they are such a major player in the plot.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Adus posted:

This is basically mass effect. But as far as MMO's go, The Old Republic was probably the best in that regard. As everyone is voiced and your minor decisions matter. And there's 8 different storylines.... up until you reach the endgame and everyone gets funneled into a single storyline and it's really clear there's only one story they want to tell and most of your decisions just get to dictate who gets to live to see it and who you get to gently caress.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just do the DRK quests for all your WoL characterisation needs.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Hopping on the glamour shot train

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Eimi posted:

I would 100% take them just actually writing the WoL as their own character because it would make cutscenes more engaging rather than playing a mute idiot. I'm totally fine with them being unvoiced. I just want them to have some sort of character since they are such a major player in the plot.

The WoL does have a character. It’s more pronounced in certain questlines (PLAY DRK) but really the only thing they don’t do is actually give a speech bubble to what the WoL says. Given other people’s reaction to them saying something, though, it’s pretty easy to get the gist of what was said.

Also food for thought, if the WoL wasn’t a big lovable idiot, you’d be simultaneously the best fighter and the smartest person around. The idea behind the story usually revolves around being within a group of people who need each other to solve the problems. If you were as smart as y’shtola then why would you need anyone else, since you can also do the fighting best anyway?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah ever since Heavensward they've been pushing more personality onto the WoL beyond a blank player slate.

It's not a ton but there are very much people they like, dislike, they have their own opinions on things which can be shown in the dialogue options.

Like that bit about the Warrior of Light going along with Yugiri's plan, it's because they wanted another shot at Zenos. Regardless of what you the player wanted.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I appreciate how at this point, between Heavensward, DRK, and a lot of Stormblood, WoL is defined and driven largely by the deaths she's seen. "For those we have lost, for those we can yet save" is a good motto.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
FF 15 event is live! Go make a friend and steal his car!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
New event lookin' good.

People don't stack this well in raids.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Imagine having a small neck.

This post brought to you by Elezen Gang.

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
The second FFXV solo instance Garuda is borked. If you complete it you get 90k errors.

Hold off on this part of the event until they fix it

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Event disabled. True FFXV experience.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Cid just wanted his car.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Cid could always just make his own car outta the Highwind, not that the Regalia isn't rediculously cool.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
drat

first SE takes away episodes Lunafreya, Aranea, and Noctis

now Yoshida is taking away the XV content from XIV

yoshidaaaaaaaaaaaa

I was really enjoying myself up until this point too. It's good stuff, but just like the Lightning and Shantotto quests years back, it sucks that these events are once again only for a limited time.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Event's fixed now. Although Garuda fight can be a bit lag-unfriendly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQO2nbD56hc

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Long neck crew rise up!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Giraffes 4 lyf

Me and my small but also long-necked buddy.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Giraffe Squad Best Squad

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Noctis is tiny.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tenik posted:

Serious answer: All three FCs are more or less the same. The primary difference is that TPT has a formal rule against story spoilers in FC chat, DGKK discourages it if people know that there's a newbie on that would be sensitive to it, and I have no idea about PBC.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

TPT has a fairly comprehensive no-spoilers policy beyond the latest patch, but sometimes we just can't help our enthusiasm when someone hits a major plot beat or crowning moment of awesome.
How do these policies hold with people live-posting reactions to the plot as it occurs, possibly with large amounts of invective and threats of harm towards NPCs who get in my way and send me off to do frivolous busywork while the world is possibly literally about to be destroyed

Because I will burn Ishgard to the loving ground

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 16, 2019

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

How do these policies hold with people live-posting reactions to the plot as it occurs, possibly with large amounts of invective and threats of harm towards NPCs who get in my way and send me off to do frivolous busywork while the world is possibly literally about to be destroyed

Because I will burn Ishgard to the loving ground

play DRK to at least 50 and know the serenity of simply accepting that these idiots cannot help themselves

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

MG42 posted:

Long neck crew rise up!

I must needs know where you got that headpiece from.

I wanna glam up as Beatrix!

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
It's the Scion Rogue's Bandana. I think you get it from the MSQ.
Could always check the calamity salvager if it's not in your inventory. :)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Even a giraffe looks good in a sharp suit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I decided to start leveling MNK next so I took the time to throw together a proper glam for it

please add Goku hair, YoshiP

e: man I really need to take a picture during the day, didn't realize until just now how much harder it is to see at night

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Garuda duty was pretty fun. It's a shame that ping/targeting issues would make a fight like that difficult to implement in 4/8-man content. The chain strike thing almost made me wish for skillchains, even though I ought to know better.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Time to roll out Giraffe Squad

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Maybe I did just share glam pics, but now it's for Giraffe Squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Gathered from around the horn, how to get the Regalia mount from the crossover event -

Complete the event questline, then purchase the mount at the Gold Saucer for 200k MGP. Trip reports on the event are positive so far