Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Eh? Tony angling for the job again?

post election, knowing they'll lose.

He wants to be opposition leader and whats worse is he's 'good' at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

What if white people are upset over both

that would be nice

but they aren't

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

drunkill posted:

post election, knowing they'll lose.

He has to have a seat for that to happen.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

drunkill posted:

This is true - he's a good opposition leader when the entire news media covers his arse

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

GoldStandardConure posted:

that would be nice

but they aren't

im white

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Idea: rebrand boomers as non-white, watch institutional racism disappear

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Can’t wait to start hearing about how all these tax changes affect battlers when Newstarts been frozen for at least fifteen loving years

25 years. the auwu made a cake and everything.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Idea: rebrand boomers as non-white, watch institutional racism disappear

Grey people.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Don Dongington posted:

this is part of his plan, tell the libs he is their most effective leader in opposition, get a seat

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

im white
99% of white people give zero shits

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Just noticed this in Leyonhjelm's post loss whinge:

quote:

He claimed the reason the Liberal Democrats failed to win an Upper House seat in the NSW was due to its poor position on the ballot form.

"We usually also attract protest votes and those who confuse us with the Liberal Party," he wrote.

Absolute lol at admitting that a significant amount of support comes from tricking people into voting for you, and complaining that you weren't allowed to benefit from it this time. Also lol that he simultaneously blamed the leadership of the party and claims to have been its default leader for the past 14 years.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

As direct as it is it is also a question of physical scale in regards to response, that's just the long and short of it. The destruction of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Buddhas of Bamyan, pretty much everything involving Islamic State. Is it fair not at all, but this applies to all races regarding objects of large physical mass that matter. Japan, which we will agree is also a rather racist place, will likely spend weeks in mourning when the Emperor (or former Emperor as he is abdicating) dies but them destroying all of the Ainu's history will go continued unnoticed but God help you if you post that same meme then.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I was loving ropeable when they hosed up Palmyra, let me at 'em scomo.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

im white

hi white, i'm dad

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

As direct as it is it is also a question of physical scale in regards to response, that's just the long and short of it. The destruction of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Buddhas of Bamyan, pretty much everything involving Islamic State. Is it fair not at all, but this applies to all races regarding objects of large physical mass that matter. Japan, which we will agree is also a rather racist place, will likely spend weeks in mourning when the Emperor (or former Emperor as he is abdicating) dies but them destroying all of the Ainu's history will go continued unnoticed but God help you if you post that same meme then.
:nexus:

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Don Dongington posted:

Yeah, I've got hopes for a shakeup in Warringah.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

If Abbott loses Warringah do we reckon he finally walks away from politics, or will he try and win it back? If so, what party does he join when the Libs don't pre-select him.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Senor Tron posted:

If Abbott loses Warringah do we reckon he finally walks away from politics, or will he try and win it back? If so, what party does he join when the Libs don't pre-select him.

he'll drunkenly assault someone

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I won't get to vote in Kooyong against Frydenberg. You have to live in the electorate for a month apparently, and I'm not moving there till early May. :(

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
If he loses he will either go to Sky or join Bernadi or One Nation and try the Senate.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
murdoch sinecure for failures

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

JBP posted:

Oh that can't happen. Didn't you know?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

GoldStandardConure posted:

hi white, i'm dad

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The idea that the people of Warringah will do anything other than re-elect Abbott is unthinkable to me.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The idea that the people of Warringah will do anything other than re-elect Abbott is unthinkable to me.

He's polling "Diabollically bad"
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/diabolically-bad-poll-abbott-facing-12-per-cent-swing-to-lose-seat-20190406-p51bhg.html

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Senor Tron posted:

He's probably still struggling to pay off his mortgage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABtlI2Wk3Ws

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I was loving ropeable when they hosed up Palmyra, let me at 'em scomo.

Pledging my vote to whichever party contributes to rebuilding the Colossus of Rhodes

smacfm
May 7, 2018
https://twitter.com/GrogsGamut/status/1117744716726988800?s=19

This is absolutely wild to me, especially when considering the huge resistance to raising Newstart from olds in general.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
big tont abbott statue, the colossus of cecil rhodes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Is there enough time for cat hat to nominate as a candidate for fed senate?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmfao at lionhat quitting. At least one more good thing to come out of NSW's farce.

quote:

Leyonhjelm unloads on Liberal Democrats, announces he's leaving politics

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1117937363802566656?s=19

Disasters are about leveraging a big win for your chosen culture war.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmfao at lionhat quitting. At least one more good thing to come out of NSW's farce.

Oh lol

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Konomex posted:

This man is well dressed, his clothes fit him and look good. If I liked his policies I'd be comfortable voting for him.

This man is not well dressed, his clothes do not fit him, they do not look good. Putting aside any gender bias, even if those earrings were on a woman, they look terrible. Even if he was spruiking the best policies, I'm not super comfortable voting for him because he looks like a nutjob.

I think that's what it comes down to, it's not a question of wearing a suit. It's a question of looking respectable and trustworthy. Tie dye shirts scream 'flake'.

I’m late to this but thanks Konomex for a sensible take.

On the one hand I think it’s strange to encourage conformity in a party that we WANT to challenge society’s norms. A suit and tie being associated with competence, dependability and good morals is a lie and a trick. There’s no, like, ethical reason to go along with it. Yeah let’s all wear the ‘rich white man’ costume, otherwise we look deviant. Come on.

On the other hand I think of having some dress sense as a basic adult skill and I wouldn’t take a flyer from the curly-haired fella any more than I’d take one from a toddler trying and repeatedly failing to put the plastic shapes into the plastic ball with the shape-holes in it.

If you can’t look at yourself in the mirror and evaluate the impression you’re making, then you lack empathy, you lack lack flexibility, and people are correct if they imagine you wouldn’t represent them effectively in politics.

I thought that guy looked alright until the full-body photo was posted. He looks like a 14-year-old in a church youth group on his first time out past 8:00pm without his parents. Nice boy? Sure. Kinda weird? Yeah but he’s pretty smart, he’ll come good. You know... when he grows up.

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
Tony Abbott is so good at sabotaging his own party that I genuinely hope he gets re-elected.
Besides I have no love for these centre-right independents.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

JBP posted:

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Has anyone dropped these suggestions to the actual person concerned via twitter or whatever? Dont touch the stuff personally but who knows, maybe he'll take the hint about the tye dye from people who actually want to vote for him.

I doubt you'll have any luck with the septum piercing tho, he'll just have to grow out of that phase

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Project is a better panel show than Q&A and also asks politicians harder questions more consistently.

They cooked Nationals Whatshisface harder than any television station ect.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Thread favourite

https://twitter.com/matthewtgreens/status/1117565420922236928?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010