Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Do you need to purchase the mount during the event?
If so I desperately need mgp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kurieg posted:

200k is piss easy to get, just do verminion and fashion report and you'll have plenty before the event is over

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

How do these policies hold with people live-posting reactions to the plot as it occurs, possibly with large amounts of invective and threats of harm towards NPCs who get in my way and send me off to do frivolous busywork while the world is possibly literally about to be destroyed

Because I will burn Ishgard to the loving ground

Post your trip reports here in the thread. I feed off of new players' impressions as they go through the game.

Kurieg posted:

Probably? But you've got more than enough time to get it. Do your fashion report every week for an easy 60k and then sprinkle in a bit of other stuff here and there to fill the gap.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Also bug your FC to apply Jackpot instead of Reduced Rates.

Or anything instead of Reduced Rates.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Giraffe Squad!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Good job Noct, you turned Thanalan into a parking lot.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

Also bug your FC to apply Jackpot instead of Reduced Rates.

Or anything instead of Reduced Rates.

:frogout:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Think this is going to be my forever mount.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Givin posted:

Think this is going to be my forever mount.

They made solid choices for the music on it and this event all around

Here's the music they used during the FATE. Never finished FF15 but the music is one of the things I remember and appreciate for rocking the gently caress out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0IFXsaF39w

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 16, 2019

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

If you're worried about teleport costs, level blue mage and do the masked carnival weeklies. You get enough seals to buy 100 teleport tickets a week for like 15 minutes of work.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Grognard time.

It's me. I'm the person disappointed that the Regalia is just 200k MGP.

I know this was all datamined weeks ago, but I wish we got another Whisper-Go-Go like grind.

I'm not excited to be sick of seeing 99% of the populace riding these cars. 200k MGP is easy. You can farm that in an hour.

If this is going to be the cost of the car, you might as well have just made it cost 10gil.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Grognard time.

At least you're honest.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Grognard time.

I know this was all datamined weeks ago, but I wish we got another Whisper-Go-Go like grind.

I'm not excited to be sick of seeing 99% of the populace riding these cars. 200k MGP is easy. You can farm that in an hour.

If this is going to be the cost of the car, you might as well have just made it cost 10gil.

Gas

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How do you get 200 000 mgp in an hour?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Grognard time.

I respect your opinion and the right to have it, even though it's wrong. :colbert:

One crazy FATE grind was enough, thanks.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m level 50, how hard is it going to be for me to get my cool car?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

Just gotta win the jumbo cactpot.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Grognard time.

Big same, the yokai grind was good stuff

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Invalid Validation posted:

Trivial

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Not hard at all. Get 80+ points on Fashion Report (which is trivial, check reddit for the thread on Friday for easy/cheap solutions) for 60k a week, and then pad the rest out with a bit of challenge log stuff. Daily mini cactpot can also help with the occasional 10k. You shouldn't have any troubles getting the car even if you're starting from absolutely zero MGP.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I mean the event itself I actually have the money surprisingly.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Rainuwastaken posted:

Not hard at all. Get 80+ points on Fashion Report (which is trivial, check reddit for the thread on Friday for easy/cheap solutions) for 60k a week, and then pad the rest out with a bit of challenge log stuff. Daily mini cactpot can also help with the occasional 10k. You shouldn't have any troubles getting the car even if you're starting from absolutely zero MGP.

gently caress yeah. gently caress the haters imma zoom zoom around in my j-pop boy band-mobile

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

60k from fashion report.

50k+ from combined winning 20 chocobo races/chocobo race challenge log entries.

20k from triple triad matches/triple triad challenge log entries.

20k from Lords of Verminion challenge log entries.

That’s 150k right there.

The other 50k can be obtained via gates, gate challenge log entries, chocobo races.

The challenge log alone is worth over 80k a week.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean the event itself I actually have the money surprisingly.

Four quests for the car, piss easy at50.

Also do the FATE three times for all the songs.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Thanks I remember scooty puff being a real hassle.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Extremely happy the event is quick and accessible. Cool with more involved events as well, but I want the difficulty to be the encounter challenge rather than a super long grind.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
How do you get into Chocobo Racing?

The breeding and stats seems complex, and you don't get anything for last place, iirc.

Can you just wing it to do the CL?

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

^^ They boosted the rewards a while ago. You will still get around one racing level per race, even if you get last place. Just do your best and keep at it!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

How do these policies hold with people live-posting reactions to the plot as it occurs, possibly with large amounts of invective and threats of harm towards NPCs who get in my way and send me off to do frivolous busywork while the world is possibly literally about to be destroyed

Because I will burn Ishgard to the loving ground

I can't speak for TPT, but DGKK has loose social guidelines around it. People are encouraged to react to events with something like "uhhhh just finished {dungeon_name} and gently caress these loving guys I will burn Ishgard to the ground." If no one responds to that to makes a request to keep things spoiler free, you can go into detail. Basically, feel free to say or do whatever you want, but if someone makes a reasonable request to stop or tone it down, you should pause, listen to them, and reassess your behavior.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 16, 2019

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
TPT's no spoilers rule is pretty strict about overt things, but people can get away with being fairly coy, like, "57 dungeon complete ; ;". Enough where I tend to mute fc chat when running new content because it's usually not hard to piece things together and I am a huge bitch about spoilers. Overly so, to be honest, but that's how I roll.

I also don't agree with Mord's reasoning, but I do agree that it might have been nice to have a longer, more involved grind for the car, just because I like having things to do. As it is, I am kinda done with this game until the expansion and I am just making up nonsense to work on in the meantime like crafting cheevos or 500 gc leves done to finish out my maelstrom jewelry set.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

The cars are a bit much now, but it'll die down. I imagine that they will have just the right amount of usage in a few months.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lmao

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Good event. I'm sad it's over so quickly. This is also kind of the swan song for XV as a whole since the Episodes were canceled, and that's depressing since I love XV a lot. :(

Shame we didn't get proper Kingsglaive gear, or a Kenny Crow minion like XV itself teased.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

I do find it funny that passenger mounts have historically been either a huge pain in the rear end or required real money, while this car is both super easy and holds more people.

Not complaining though :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Grimace posted:

Good event. I'm sad it's over so quickly. This is also kind of the swan song for XV as a whole since the Episodes were canceled, and that's depressing since I love XV a lot. :(

Shame we didn't get proper Kingsglaive gear, or a Kenny Crow minion like XV itself teased.

At least we'll have fan theories about Pitioss for the rest of time :sigh:

If you're hard up for MGP, don't forget about Verminion! Can handle most stuff with the Hildibrand minion.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
gently caress

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

finally, rhalgr's reach has been torn down and made into something with much greater value: a parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Mordiceius posted:

Grognard time.

homeless snail posted:

Big same, the yokai grind was good stuff

What the gently caress. I have my scootypuff sr. and that was miserable why would you wish that on someone.