Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I welcome the arrival of Dok's Violence Duck, which from what I can tell is the precursor to both Boss Dharma and Kevin and Kell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Classic Cat

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Classic Cat

Doxxed again.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 12/16/52

Mopsy 10/22/41

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

YAY!!!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set puts a price on friendship.

Working Daze is bad with technology.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix leaves early to avoid the rush.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

quote:

Super-Fun-Pak Comix leaves early to avoid the rush.

I was thinking I'd like to see this gag except "Those loving Kids", but we already have FOOB, so...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Princess Planet

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I went to the Alex website and perused the character sheet. Alex's son is a Labour supporter who lives at home for Dustin purposes. There are ten female characters listed; of the ten, six have had affairs with either Alex or his co-protagonist Clive, one is Alex's wife, one is Alex's headhunter, one is Alex's mother, and the last is Alex's favorite exotic dancer. I also found out there was an Alex play, which toured internationally.

We don't need to post Alex here.

While trying to remember Dustin's name I came acros Boomer's Song, a brief 1980s comic strip about, well, Boomers. The strip was made by beloved eternally thirsty multi-pulitzer-winning political cartoonist David Horsey.

It's unfortunately not archived anywhere I can find.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 17, 2019

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Discendo Vox posted:

I went to the Alex website and perused the character sheet. Alex's son is a Labour supporter who lives at home for Dustin purposes. There are ten female characters listed; of the ten, six have had affairs with either Alex or his co-protagonist Clive, one is Alex's wife, one is Alex's headhunter, one is Alex's mother, and the last is Alex's favorite exotic dancer. I also found out there was an Alex play, which toured internationally.

We don't need to post Alex here.

As an Alex, I haven’t felt this personally attacked by a media property’s existence since YIIK came out. :mad:

e: vvv :ohdear:

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 17, 2019

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Dewgy posted:

As an Alex, I haven’t felt this personally attacked by a media property’s existence since YIIK came out. :mad:

mods ban this sick filth

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Modesty's stone cold. Guy crashes through the window, she just shoots him without picking up the gun. :v

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

J. Wesley Smith

Guindon

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

These are cute. I really like the illustration style.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Woebin posted:

Anyway, enough preamble.

Aww yes

pro tip: if you slip a sheet of black cardboard or paper behind the page, you can probably stop the print on the other side from showing through

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's Corto Maltese: Corto doubts the existence of talking medieval drawings, even as they are talking to him, or Lanzelet is indeed related to Lancelot, well done for making that connection, or Nice hat, Klingsor

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Just caught up with the thread after a couple days off. I'm stoked for the return of Python.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Following up a metaphor with a detailed explanation of that metaphor is an A+ dad move.

Tina's Groove Classic (Sept. 23, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Sept. 23, 1997)

Garfield Classic (Sept. 23, 1987)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is bad with technology.

I just love the cavernous empty hallways of Working Daze

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Outbursts of Mrs True

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm sincerely perplexed that we've never heard of Alex before. Maybe it's because we're mostly Americans and if our newspapers felt like their business section needed a special comic, they'd just shove Dilbert in there instead of looking for weird English crap.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

A hundred days. A hundred days and I'll finally be caught up. If that sounds like a lot when I started this comic I was...a hundred seventy days behind? Ah nuts.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

A hundred days. A hundred days and I'll finally be caught up. If that sounds like a lot when I started this comic I was...a hundred seventy days behind? Ah nuts.

Gee

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

goatface posted:

My copy of the Modesty Blaise companion EE just got dropped round by a neighbour. Looks in pretty good nick for something rated as "quality: good".

Mine showed up last Friday, which was incredibly fast from England to Wisconsin since I ordered it on Tuesday. It's the new reprint from December, brand new condition, well packed, looks amazing. It's made me want to get the Modesty Blaise novels, which sadly aren't on Kindle, but they don't look to be too hard to find.

A++ would recommend. Mine ended up around $100 including shipping from UK to WI, which isn't cheap :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You know, I think the worst thing about Luann is the Evanses' inability to stick to one story through its conclusion. Instead they just switch between stories like they're writing a movie where they'll get back to the other one in 15 minutes and not two weeks when everyone stopped caring (for as much as anyone can possibly care about Luann).

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

You know, I think the worst thing about Luann is the Evanses' inability to stick to one story through its conclusion. Instead they just switch between stories like they're writing a movie where they'll get back to the other one in 15 minutes and not two weeks when everyone stopped caring (for as much as anyone can possibly care about Luann).

I thought we all agreed St Bernice was the worst thing

edit: that is a super tiresome aspect of their boring/lovely strip tho

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 17, 2019

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

The stupid thing here is they have an opportunity to actually have a believeable plot that could theoretically help young kids realize that budgeting is important and that credit cards can get you in trouble, which frequently happens to college kids, but it's being done in a way that just makes Tiffany out to be an idiot which just kills any useful message the strip may have.

It could have been "Tiffany learns the importance of budgeting after making a common mistake" and instead it's "Tiffany does not understand how money works, what a ditz".

Bleh.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It would be cool if there were a joke but the joke is kicking the rich girl

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Ask Jamal

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (Sept. 23, 1997)

Okay, I laughed. :D

Endless Mike posted:

I agree. It's annoying and confusing, and it's completely pointless move just to stretch out something you could barely call a plotline. All that happens is that by the time the comic decides to move back to the thing it used to focus on, it's hard to even care anymore because you know it'll switch focus again in a bit.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I thought we all agreed St Bernice was the worst thing

edit: that is a super tiresome aspect of their boring/lovely strip tho

shortspecialbus posted:

The stupid thing here is they have an opportunity to actually have a believeable plot that could theoretically help young kids realize that budgeting is important and that credit cards can get you in trouble, which frequently happens to college kids, but it's being done in a way that just makes Tiffany out to be an idiot which just kills any useful message the strip may have.

It could have been "Tiffany learns the importance of budgeting after making a common mistake" and instead it's "Tiffany does not understand how money works, what a ditz".

Bleh.

Isn't Bernice supposed to be Tiffany's roommate or friend? If she's supposed to be a good friend, then shouldn't she take Tiff aside to teach her how to budget her money better or something? Oh, that's right. This is Luann and pretty much everyone's a terrible friend :laffo:.

Actually, since I only became aware of Luann recently thanks to this thread, what exactly makes Bernice The Worst?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jamal is so good

St Bernice is Tiff's RA.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Actually, since I only became aware of Luann recently thanks to this thread, what exactly makes Bernice The Worst?

She's a judgmental rear end in a top hat who the narrative treats as inherently correct in every action.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Footrot Flats (1976)

THE END (of volume 1)

up next:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

amigolupus posted:

In universe they've been in college for not even a year and she already acts like she's a fully accredited counselor/psychologist

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vargo posted:

Ask Jamal

I still have a problem with Jamal's weird old man face, but the writing in the comic is top notch and it's a Good Comic in general.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
TMNT

Geech

Garf

Zip

Rip

Looks infected.

Dick Nov. 6-7, 1931

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

MB is great fun pulp. The plots move, bad guys get shot, everyone is going to get laid, the end.