Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Scathach posted:

Nudity is legal in my state as long as you aren't doing something like jerking it. You can walk through downtown Seattle naked as the day you were born and they can't arrest you just for the lack of clothes. And I'll be damned if I'm wearing a shirt on a hot day when all the dudes get to go topless.

Pissing in public is still pretty illegal though. Find a drat bush.

Oh, is that how the naked bike event is possible? I always wondered about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

Oh, is that how the naked bike event is possible? I always wondered about that

There's naked bike rides in like DC too, where clothing is definitely not legally optional. turns out there's a lot of laws on the books and they don't really matter if the cops don't feel like arresting you.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I know in New York women can go topless for whatever reason too. But like just in Central Park or some poo poo.

Pride in WA was a bit shocking the first time around. My first year here I got to witness a guy wearing nothing and playing the bag pipes at the foot of the Space Needle. The World Fountain is always filled with naked people dancing in the water. It's pretty fun and I've experienced exactly 0 creeps so far.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Scathach posted:

So I used to have a coworker with little boys and she taught them all to sit so she wasn't cleaning piss up all the time. I now live in a house with a teenage/preteen boys that can't aim for poo poo and it's terrible. I'm all for teaching dudes to sit inside and piss standing when outside.

So, I know you had a thead about living in a commune you were building last year. Do the preteen boys live on the commune or is that done? That was a pretty cool thread and I was hoping there would be updates but it looks like it's archived now.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

turns out there's a lot of laws on the books and they don't really matter if the cops don't feel like arresting you.

Those laws exist to give cops wide discretion in choosing who to arrest. :ssh:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

It's time for some Wednesday Wisdom

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1118555550185349120

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Ugh so long story short, we didn't know the landlord had PTSD from stuff 40+ years ago and my fiance looked a little like her abusive ex husband. She was also starting to show signs of dementia from a stroke she suffered from like a year before we moved in. Last October she lost her poo poo and kicked everyone out because she thought the men were out to get her. It's really hosed up because she was so awesome before. It's not her fault though, dementia is a terrible diease. We lost the bus since CNG isn't publicly available anymore and we couldn't afford to have a 20-ton vehicle hauled out of the mud.

So for the time being we're renting from my fiance's family, hence living with little brothers around. It's alright because his mom has been sick and they needed a hand anyway.

We have to wait for Dank AF to be at his new job 1-2 years before we can be approved for a mortgage. Once we get approved we're trying to find five or so acres to do our own community thing. We miss living with our friends-- they're all spread out now-- and miss having land to work with and bonfires and wildlife and poo poo.

I really loving miss that bus.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Scathach posted:

I know in New York women can go topless for whatever reason too. But like just in Central Park or some poo poo.
In NYC, women can go topless in any place/situation men can go topless. It's not about Central Park, you can just walk down whatever street whenever, and there are famously desnudas in Times Square most days.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

In NYC, women can go topless in any place/situation men can go topless. It's not about Central Park, you can just walk down whatever street whenever, and there are famously desnudas in Times Square most days.

That's awesome. No reason everyone shouldn't be allowed to go around topless. It gets hot!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
ban all public toplessness, regardless of gender

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Scathach posted:

Ugh so long story short, we didn't know the landlord had PTSD from stuff 40+ years ago and my fiance looked a little like her abusive ex husband. She was also starting to show signs of dementia from a stroke she suffered from like a year before we moved in. Last October she lost her poo poo and kicked everyone out because she thought the men were out to get her. It's really hosed up because she was so awesome before. It's not her fault though, dementia is a terrible diease. We lost the bus since CNG isn't publicly available anymore and we couldn't afford to have a 20-ton vehicle hauled out of the mud.

So for the time being we're renting from my fiance's family, hence living with little brothers around. It's alright because his mom has been sick and they needed a hand anyway.

We have to wait for Dank AF to be at his new job 1-2 years before we can be approved for a mortgage. Once we get approved we're trying to find five or so acres to do our own community thing. We miss living with our friends-- they're all spread out now-- and miss having land to work with and bonfires and wildlife and poo poo.

I really loving miss that bus.

That sucks. If your partner had a prior work history he may still be able to qualify for a loan as long as division, bonus, ot, etc are not required for income qualification. I won't poo poo this thread up with it any longer but BFC has a house buying thread. Sorry about your bus :(

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

ban all public toplessness, regardless of gender

Make summer toplessness required, regardless of gender or BMI. It would be hilarious to see morons lose their poo poo over people they consider unattractive or fat showing flesh.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

It's a different type of job, he went from crap retail to Boeing, so they said he has to wait because it doesn't show consistency or whatever. I guess if it was the same line of work it would be fine. But that gives us time to save and to pick a piece of property we like.

And the bus, well, as soon as we get a little cabin somewhere I'm buying another one and turning it into the hangout spot. God knows whatever house we buy will probably be tiny anyway.

E I'm cool with mandatory toplessness. Sounds reasonable in the summer.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Dazerbeams posted:

They were in a relationship together and a house was purchased. It's lovely to buy yourself a house if you're in a committed relationship with someone. What kind of message does that send?

Wasn't there a post a couple of weeks ago where gf and bf were buying a house together and splitting the mortgage payments but for ~highly technical property law~ reasons only he would have his name on the mortgage? And his mother was the realtor or something?

Thank gently caress she went and asked reddit before signing anything...

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Scathach posted:

Nudity is legal in my state as long as you aren't doing something like jerking it. You can walk through downtown Seattle naked as the day you were born and they can't arrest you just for the lack of clothes. And I'll be damned if I'm wearing a shirt on a hot day when all the dudes get to go topless.

Pissing in public is still pretty illegal though. Find a drat bush.

E we even have yearly naked bike rides but uh....that looks painful.

Yeah there's something about pissing that is just loving terrible apparently.
However if you've never pissed while skating downhill then idk what to tell you other than it's super fun

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

CheesyDog posted:

r/relationships[new]
My girlfriend (23f) and I had been planning to go skydiving with me (29m) for the first time. Instead she went with her 'brogrammer' work friends. (20s and 30s m)
u/tandylell1

When you cancel something multiple times with the last time being "eh let's wait until sometime next year instead" you give up rights to the first time.

Especially for something so unimportant.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The other side of that is her contributing $0 towards the house but get put on the deed anyway.

There's also a 3rd side of that where you do split the costs, you do add both people to the deed, then you have a nasty break up and are in a super terrible situation.

So what I'm saying is houses are the devil.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cyks posted:

When you cancel something multiple times with the last time being "eh let's wait until sometime next year instead" you give up rights to the first time.

Especially for something so unimportant.

I think it was cancelled by the company for being unsafe those other times.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Runcible Cat posted:

Wasn't there a post a couple of weeks ago where gf and bf were buying a house together and splitting the mortgage payments but for ~highly technical property law~ reasons only he would have his name on the mortgage? And his mother was the realtor or something?

Thank gently caress she went and asked reddit before signing anything...

Yeah, the guy apparently wanted to trap the woman in debt so that she would never be able to escape him. I really hope she got away.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Dazerbeams posted:

Yeah, the guy apparently wanted to trap the woman in debt so that she would never be able to escape him. I really hope she got away.

I suspect it was more "when she inevitably runs off with a more ALPHA male (because women=sluts amirite) she won't have any claim on MY HOUSE", but yeah, there was something well nasty going on there. Run don't walk right the gently caress away from whatever it was.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

nobody cares about the fate of the fuckin burrito they hate him because like half a food service worker's life is dealing with dipshits trying to scam free food out of them with some idiotic technicality, and if the manager notices he's likely to take the loss out of their paycheck. If it's the wrong order but it's still clearly edible and tasty to you, just loving eat it.

Oh shut up. It's the wrong burrito. It's the house's mistake. I side-eye you for eating most of it before bringing it up, but whatever, here's the burrito you ordered, Piggy.

Docking someone for a returned food item is just not legal in most states. I work in the service industry in Texas, where I can be legally fired for telling my boss I think his tax dollars should be used to feed starving children, and I've never seen a service worker take a pay hit for incidentals like that.

Courageously defending the company's bottom line from vicious, burrito-chiseling outlaws is a waste of time and energy. If you feel any moral outrage against the dude, you are naive as gently caress. Yeah, it's not exactly in line with the social contract, but nobody should ever care that damned much.

*I spit in the window girl's face, demand a free Frosty, and get one, because the food-service industry is a soul-crushing Hell.

**I wouldn't do a Wendy's worker like that. I work for a living too.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

congratulations on never having personally worked for a bad boss and feeling strongly that expressing any position on anything whatsoever is an uncool level of Care, I guess

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Clitch posted:

Oh shut up. It's the wrong burrito. It's the house's mistake. I side-eye you for eating most of it before bringing it up, but whatever, here's the burrito you ordered, Piggy.

Docking someone for a returned food item is just not legal in most states. I work in the service industry in Texas, where I can be legally fired for telling my boss I think his tax dollars should be used to feed starving children, and I've never seen a service worker take a pay hit for incidentals like that.

Courageously defending the company's bottom line from vicious, burrito-chiseling outlaws is a waste of time and energy. If you feel any moral outrage against the dude, you are naive as gently caress. Yeah, it's not exactly in line with the social contract, but nobody should ever care that damned much.

*I spit in the window girl's face, demand a free Frosty, and get one, because the food-service industry is a soul-crushing Hell.

**I wouldn't do a Wendy's worker like that. I work for a living too.

Controversial opinion: Anyone who eats like half or more of their order before returning it for a new dish is a dipshit rear end in a top hat.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Clitch posted:

I work in the service industry in Texas, where I can be legally fired for telling my boss I think his tax dollars should be used to feed starving children

This isn't just limited to Texas.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You should count yourself lucky if you've never been a food service worker and had to look at a smug motherfucker with a satisfied poo poo-eating grin handing you 1/6 of a burger and demanding it be comped because "This is the worst food I've ever eaten"

Honestly, I have a hard time believing that's not exactly what happened here (the fat gently caress ate almost two entire burritos) and he only came up with the "Don't waste food" story after his girlfriend called him an rear end in a top hat and before he went to Reddit.

American customers are loving insane with their idea that an innocent and rectifiable mistake means that they're entitled to a bunch of extra poo poo for free.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
When I worked pizza I had no problem telling lying customers trying to scam the business out of free pizza or breadsticks “No, we know what you’re doing” to their faces (or more often over the phone). “No, it hasn’t been an hour, it’s been 35 minutes, and those guarantees are illegal now anyway”, “No, your food was not cold when it got to you,” “No, I’m not sending you free food,” and “No, the customer isn’t always right, it doesn’t magically make fifteen minutes into an hour because you said so” are all things I said every weekend. It’s not that hard.

Sadly most people don’t think it’s worth their time or effort, and they’re probably right, but gently caress you if you eat more than half of something and expect a refund or replacement.

Edit: oh this was in amerikkka because apparently morons think that’s important in this thread

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 17, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You should count yourself lucky if you've never been a food service worker and had to look at a smug motherfucker with a satisfied poo poo-eating grin handing you 1/6 of a burger and demanding it be comped because "This is the worst food I've ever eaten"

Honestly, I have a hard time believing that's not exactly what happened here (the fat gently caress ate almost two entire burritos) and he only came up with the "Don't waste food" story after his girlfriend called him an rear end in a top hat and before he went to Reddit.

American customers are loving insane with their idea that an innocent and rectifiable mistake means that they're entitled to a bunch of extra poo poo for free.

Yeah when I was in high school and worked fast food we didn’t really care about replacing poo poo because gently caress up happens but if you were an rear end in a top hat about it then yeah gently caress off.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

A lot of chain restaurants will absolutely let people get away with that poo poo a lot of the time, or at least punish the employee if they don't grovel obsequiously while some shithead nags them for free french fries

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Exactly, you can't say the majority of that at most chain places because then it's "Well, let me speak to your manager" who will immediately capitulate 99% of the time, then take it out on you the moment the customer leaves with twice the food for free.

It's not about the free food, it's about eating poo poo and having to pretend you want seconds from both the customer AND the manager.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Exactly, you can't say the majority of that at most chain places because then it's "Well, let me speak to your manager" who will immediately capitulate 99% of the time, then take it out on you the moment the customer leaves with twice the food for free.

It's not about the free food, it's about eating poo poo and having to pretend you want seconds from both the customer AND the manager.

Yeah I should emphasize that I didn’t work for a chain and half the reason I was able to say the poo poo I did was because the manager was a huge wuss and just didn’t want to deal with any confrontation himself. Any national chain has dumb policies you might as well take advantage of, but if you’re scamming your local taco shop out of 75% of a burrito that’s different.

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 17, 2019

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm the guy who's extremely brave and strong because he lives in a state with the same right-to-work laws as every other state

gently caress Your Website posted:

Yeah I should emphasis that I didn’t work for a chain and half the reason I was able to say the poo poo I did was because the manager was a huge wuss and just didn’t want to deal with any confrontation himself. Any national chain has dumb policies you might as well take advantage of, but if you’re scamming your local taco shop out of 75% of a burrito that’s different.

the chains set the expectation and since there's zero downside to trying it except to your dignity, people do it everywhere, you never know when you might get free stuff

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Xenocides posted:

One of the biggest shocks I found in life was when I realized most people genuinely do not want to be happy. I think on some level they acknowledge they do not deserve to be and switch to making sure no one is.

I think you might be on the right track but gently caress is that worded poorly

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"Any national chain has dumb policies that you might as well take advantage of" conveniently ignores the fact that you still have to torment someone making minimum wage before you get to the point of free poo poo.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Oh no, I figured out my wife is a sexual being and has fantasies just like I do. Should I blow up my relationship over this imagined slight against me?

read a little closer. they're asian. the porn has white dudes.

it's not that she has sexual fantasies, inherently, it's that they're sexual fantasies that smack right into a pretty big and weird cultural issue.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Hey we haven't talked about how expensive weddings are dumb in a few days

WIBTA for not going to my sisters wedding because of the ridiculous "requirements"

quote:

So, i'm in the middle of a shitstorm and need some advice on if i'm wrong.

My sister is getting married in less that 3 weeks. I haven't been involved in the planning as I have my own life but from what my mom has relaid to me it's been a nightmare. My sister want's a "fancy" wedding and is micro-managing everything. I have no idea how normal this is but from what i've heard she broke down crying when her fiance bought the wrong shade of white napkins. Her and both my and the grooms parents have invested a lot of money into this too the tune of over 50k.

In my opinion I think the whole ordeal is ridiculous but it's not really my place to say anything. At least until yesterday. A email was sent out to everyone invited to the wedding with "attendance requirements". These requirements were a joke. Some of them were just nonsensical like what color ties are and aren't allowed or that no one can talk to the wife or groom alone. But some were absurd like the fact that no one is supposed to take pictures except the photographer for the whole event, no facial hair will be allowed or you will not be pictured, or that any women with shoulder length or longer hair must have it cut or wear it in a pony tail. The worst though were the "gift requirements". According to the email a gift of 300$ value or more MUST be given (or $250 cash) or you will not be allowed into the venue. The email also ends with "Those who choose not to follow these rules will be asked to leave. Please think of the bride and groom's wishes during this stressful time"

This is a joke, right? Like I can understand micromanaging but that's just absurd. I called my mom to make sure this was not a late April fools joke and it was real. I told her that I won't be going because of this. That was wrong apparently because my sister has been blowing me up saying that I'm being selfish and that i'm ruining "her day:. My parents agree with her and say i'm being an rear end in a top hat. My parents have told me that they will pay for my gift but I still think that all of these rules are a joke.

Would I be an rear end if I skipped out on the wedding?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

WIBTA for exposing an Easter Cheater?

quote:

Every year, the HR department for my company (mid-size software company) puts on an Easter egg hunt for the employees. Most eggs are filled with candy, but as some of the eggs can contain cash (one egg with $50, a few with $5 or $1) or vouchers for time off, people tend to take it very seriously.

Here’s how the hunt works - there’s a strip of grass that runs between the employee parking lot and a major road. There’s some generic office-park style landscaping on this strip - hedges, small trees, bushes. HR hides several hundred small plastic eggs, most in plain sight and easily grabbed. The employees wait at a designated spot, and when given the green light everyone runs for the eggs.

Unfortunately, I was busy this afternoon so couldn’t participate. However, since my office window looks over the egg hunt site, I thought it would be cute to video the hunt for HR to use in future promos (since they put a lot of work into it). I prepped my phone, got a good angle, and waited until I saw people moving to start filming.

I hit the video button when I saw movement, but what I realized I was seeing was a woman who had been hanging out between two employee cars with a plastic bag go shooting out into the hunt site and start wildly stuffing eggs into her bag (another girl appears in the frame as well, not sure if she was hiding between cars too). The video shows a solid 30 seconds of them taking maybe 70% of the eggs. Then, a wave of other employees (coming from the official start location) comes into frame. The rest of the eggs are gone in seconds, with most employees visibly disappointed not to find a single egg.

So, WIBTA if I sent the video to HR as originally planned? I don’t want to call out the cheating, but they’ll likely see it in the video if they watch it. I’d just say, as originally planned, “Hey, I took a video of the egg hunt and thought you guys might want to use for promo material or something.”

One compounding factor - I don’t know the woman personally, but I do know she works in a department notorious for low pay ($15 an hour) and boring work - basically just outbound calling from a list all day. So, I have sympathy. But, I also know it meant other people on her team probably didn’t get any eggs.

So...WIBTA?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DemoneeHo posted:

Yes, ruining HR's condescending "game" where employees root around in the dirt for money is a noble cause

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

DemoneeHo posted:

Lmao at the corporate brain rot in action.

Lord of the Flies is a good and relevant book.

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
It strangely sounds as if there's complete agreement that people should be able to replace the wrong order but after eating a bunch of it it's also poor behavior. How is this argument taking pages?"

edit: Oh of course I say that after no recent posts reference the burrito scandal

Anyway the guy whining about the wedding should go and make his gift fake beards for everybody

JosephSkunk fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Pinecone Sample posted:

Hey we haven't talked about how expensive weddings are dumb in a few days

WIBTA for not going to my sisters wedding because of the ridiculous "requirements"

The “mandatory cash value” gift is one of the least bizarre and entitled requirements in there. gently caress you, I’m not cutting my hair or shaving because it’s “your special day.”