Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I just got authed in the Discord and there's like... no activity.

I played the absolute poo poo out of it when it launched, then got bored waiting for Tokyo, then kind of forgot about it, and I'm trying it again. These changes are... interesting, but I can't say they're bad or good until I try them more. I sprung for the VIP subscription since I know I at least will play through the story missions and wants the VIP bonuses and I also make bad choices

I'm playing the Blades/Elemental class currently. Is Blades viable? I remember back in The Day melee DPS was for masochists when it came to Nightmare dungeons.

Anyone still play this? I'd love to group up with some goons and murder horrible nightmare monsters and run the Ankh until I go insane because Ankh is probably my favorite dungeon in any MMORPG ever and I have dearly missed good old Dr. Klein.

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I don't know about official goon presence but I'm still around, yeah. :v:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

FrostyPox posted:

I'm playing the Blades/Elemental class currently. Is Blades viable? I remember back in The Day melee DPS was for masochists when it came to Nightmare dungeons.

For playing the story anything is fine. For endgame blade isn't the best if you're min/maxing (I think hammer is still the meta primary for both melee DPS and tanking) but it's still passable.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Ossipago posted:

For playing the story anything is fine. For endgame blade isn't the best if you're min/maxing (I think hammer is still the meta primary for both melee DPS and tanking) but it's still passable.

Thanks. I'll probably at least want to give Nightmare Dungeons a shot, but by then I imagine I'll have other weapons to chose from.

Character's name is MarbleHornets, btw, so people can add me to their friends list if they want.

EDIT: So far I'm not really minding the changes at all, EXCEPT my legacy Bodyguard costume is all fucky and the character model clips through it, and I'm kind of angry about it cuz Illumanti Gas Mask + Bodyguard suit = :discourse:

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 18, 2019

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Uh does this game have a lot of bots?

Cuz I just did Polaris and I'm really lucky they made the dungeons easier. The "tank" stood in literally every AoE that targeted him and basically I wound up soloing every single boss to death except the Primordial Dweller, which the tank continued to shoot at while it was untargetable, and also after it died. Took a while on the Ur-Draug, but I did it! No one said a single word.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Not that I'm aware of. Trying to shoot a the dweller while his leccy cloud is up sounds like distinctly non-bot behaviour - he's untargetable, as you say, so a bot wouldn't even know he was there. People not talking in dungeons is fairly standard for story mode in my limited experience. You get plenty of words out them once you're in elites and there's wipes to apportion blame for. :v:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Anniversary event is up for the next couple weeks. Nothing new, same cosmetics as last year (unless I missed something). Have to be there right when the hourly boss spawns because it's so dead there's usually not enough people for a second group.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ossipago posted:

Anniversary event is up for the next couple weeks. Nothing new, same cosmetics as last year (unless I missed something). Have to be there right when the hourly boss spawns because it's so dead there's usually not enough people for a second group.
I've been doing them on two characters back to back without any issue, games been pretty busy in the eu timezone.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I wonder how many devs are working on the game at this point. There was nothing new in the anniversary event but they did recently roll out a new agent pack, so at least one intern is still plugging away.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
According to the last financial report, the studio is working on a shooter so I'd guess most devs are working on that now.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Pilchenstein posted:

According to the last financial report, the studio is working on a shooter so I'd guess most devs are working on that now.

Yeah, that's what i was working on when i was last there, for one. But there's still a team working on the old products and they're a great bunch of guys.

Not sure if the count right now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah, that's what i was working on when i was last there, for one. But there's still a team working on the old products and they're a great bunch of guys.

Not sure if the count right now

Did you leave Funcom?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Len posted:

Did you leave Funcom?

Yeah. While back.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I reinstalled and don't remember how to play or what my build was or anything

Although if I buy a year of Patron status I can get a segway scooter

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
You also get a natty suit and an atrociously badly designed gadget :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I can mostly ignore the agent system correct? It looks like a bad cell phone game

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I swear I replied to this but presumably some other unrelated thread has a post about the agent system in it now :v:

You can get a significant damage boost out of the agent system but it takes a lot of work to get there. Some of the stories are interesting/entertaining too if you like reading.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Did they unban you with the reboot?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
New forums, so the world is his oyster :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Did they unban you with the reboot?

I never got a game ban just forums and Twitter.

Since they moved to reddit and discord I never ate a ban. Apparently they decided that a forum is better than a Reddit because they have one now but I haven't posted or been there

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
It's great, everyone there hates my loving guts because I refuse to treat the game's decline like a matter of life and death :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

It's great, everyone there hates my loving guts because I refuse to treat the game's decline like a matter of life and death :v:

I'm still hated by most of the pubs if my venture into the discord today is any indication. I also got a lot of downvotes in their Reddit because downvotes mean something?

I plan to mosey that way to steal builds because I don't remember anything

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Build wise the KSR assault rifle is the one weird trick discovered by a local grandmother, it basically breaks almost all the game's content over its knee. I think I might have a spare one lying around if you want it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Yeah if you have a spare you want to part with. I don't have anything worth giving you for it though

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I think it's just been sitting in the "bought items" section of my auction house for months cause I saw one dirt cheap and didn't have a use for it, so don't worry about it. This is of course where I log in and find out I've given it to someone else and forgotten :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If you did no worries. I'm not even sure what's going on with my gear. I logged in with an ar/fist build but I think part of that was I healed ar/fist. The anima allocation thing is nice because my heal gear was way better than my attack rating gear

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I still have it, it's alacrity suffix too, which is not bad™. You're EvilBillMurray in game aye?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

I still have it, it's alacrity suffix too, which is not bad™. You're EvilBillMurray in game aye?

Correct

Thanks a lot!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
No worries mate, happy to help. Ping me on steam if you can't catch me in game and I should be able to log on and pass it over.

This is the build I use: https://www.swl-builder.com/?a=903610607906904901&p=607904906903921 best elemental focus would be an orochi inverter but that I can't help you with, I do have a voltaic shunt which would probably do almost as well though - my bank is like a loving arms showroom for some reason :v:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Someone made a big theorycrafting spreadsheet but I think KSR+inverter was 50% more DPS than KSR+shunt, which was still #2. Maul+shunt isn't too far behind if you like melee. But KSR+inverter is so broken. Plus the new-ish Nemain signet.

Ossipago fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 5, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ossipago posted:

But KSR+interverter is so broken.
Yeah, it's loving nuts. You can just swap the basic out for leeching ray and it'll carry you through almost any solo content in the game too.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
If the KSR is the AR with a sov-tech skin, I'm happy my favorite gun is overpowered.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
It is, yeah. I use it with the shadow-bound skin though cause you can't beat that classic AK style :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Did they make it easier to upgrade weapons? I'm rocking a mythic ar right now and getting this blue to that level is a daunting task

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Dungeons are still the fastest way to level weapons, though obviously if the rng isn't in your favour you'll get mostly talisman distillates. New York Raid is pretty good for weapons too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I forgot how much I love the setting of this game.

I was a little wary on the New Dawn at first but it isn't just wave defense mission after wave defense mission.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

There was a patch and it broke the servers. Funcom never changes.

Why did they give the forums achievements? Thats a terrible idea.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I think they come as standard with that forum software but yeah, it's a bizarre idea.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So apparently healers just aren't things anymore so all my radiant special effect mythic healer gear is just a waste.

At least anima allocation lets me make it shoot man gear now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Healers haven't been a thing since very shortly after launch and although tanks are still a thing, using tank gear is actually detrimental :v: