Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is Disneyland Tokyo worth it?

personally i think disneysea is worth it, but as for disneyland it comes down to two questions:

how big of a disney fan are you?
have you been to disneyland in california before?

it's basically the same as og disneyland, but disneysea is basically entirely unique stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So should I go to Zero Latency VR or VE Park in Shibuya?

Ok.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Grand Fromage posted:

This is something you can say in Korea to make Koreans mad if you're ever in the mood. Lotte was founded by a Japanese occupation era Korean and Koreans consider it a Korean company, but the HQ is in Tokyo. In any case, choco pies started in Korea and were invented by Orion, which is an unambiguously Korean company, so the Orion version is the original. Lotte copied them a few years later.

Ah good to know. That actually really interesting.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

punk rebel ecks posted:

So should I go to Zero Latency VR or VE Park in Shibuya?

No.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

As a Florida native of a sort I refuse to go to even more loving Disney poo poo.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Doctor Zero posted:

Ah good to know. That actually really interesting.

I lived in the city in Korea that the Lotte founder was from so I had many opportunities for people to make it VERY CLEAR TO ME that Lotte is a KOREAN!!! company that has zero to do with Japan in any way and is yet another thing the evil Japanese try to steal from Korea.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

yet another thing the evil Japanese try to steal from Korea.

is there a curated list somewhere

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

d0s posted:

is there a curated list somewhere

You don't need a list, Korea invented everything and Japan therefore is trying to steal everything.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

This is something you can say in Korea to make Koreans mad if you're ever in the mood. Lotte was founded by a Japanese occupation era Korean and Koreans consider it a Korean company, but the HQ is in Tokyo. In any case, choco pies started in Korea and were invented by Orion, which is an unambiguously Korean company, so the Orion version is the original. Lotte copied them a few years later.

Lol I was talking to a Korean guy during the intermission of a Takarazuka show and he was like "Lottes the best chocolate company in Japan." several times. And he kept stressing that it was a Korean company.

Then once the show started he fell asleep cause he couldn't understand Japanese.

Edit: also I'm in a queue at Disney Sea right now. What should I see first/ get a fast pass for?

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Toy Story and Tower of Terror

Edit: Get a Fastpass for Tower and then get in line for Toy Story right away. The rest of the day should be easy cause it's Thursday and everyone just started work and school and Golden Week is coming up.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Pollyanna posted:

As a Florida native

it all suddenly makes sense

sale on Banksy art posted:

this

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

I would add Indiana Jones and 20000 leagues to the list, but I think you only get 2 passes?
The broadway show is just a reservation from what I remember.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
The broadway show you can just line up, but you gotta go early because that show has a crazy fanbase that specifically come to watch that show.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

wait what broadway show? when did they put that in?

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Big Band Beat, and it's been running since opening day I think.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Grand Fromage posted:

You don't need a list, Korea invented everything and Japan therefore is trying to steal everything.

'struth. Pavel Chekhov should have been Korean.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Edit: Get a Fastpass for Tower and then get in line for Toy Story right away. The rest of the day should be easy cause it's Thursday and everyone just started work and school and Golden Week is coming up.

Toy story is exactly the same at the ones in California and Florida

Journey to the Center of the Earth and Sinbad on the other hand....

Am going to Tokyo for a week at the end of May... mostly just so I can do DisneySea and Disneyland. But I am a huge Disney parks fan soo.......

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

You don't need a list, Korea invented everything

I thought this was also China’s standard position on things

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

harperdc posted:

I thought this was also China’s standard position on things

Korea invented China.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Big Band Beat, and it's been running since opening day I think.

oh huh. i somehow didn't know. i guess that's a reason for me to go the next time i'm in the tokyo area.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

BlueBayou posted:

I have no idea what parks this person has visited before, but those are the two lines that will eat up the most time.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

when i went in 2012 at one point toy story had a 360 minute line

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

I have no idea what parks this person has visited before, but those are the two lines that will eat up the most time.

Toy story line is insane. Tower I was able to get in while the waiting time was 5 min.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I saw a video on the train between Incheon International Airport and Seoul about how the Liancourt Islands OBVIOUSLY belong to Korea and Japan KNOWS IT

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

mikeycp posted:

it all suddenly makes sense

Man I left years ago, I’m sick of the place.

prompt
Oct 28, 2007

eh?
You can take the goon out of Florida but you can’t take the Florida out of the goon

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

once florida (wo)man always florida (wo)man

it's inscribed on your soul

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

The inverse of the Lotte thing is to remind Japanese people LINE is actually owned by a Korean company and just run by a Japanese subsidiary thereof, which has shocked a good number of my Japanese friends.

My favorite Lotte story was when they were building a big mall in Chengdu, China the construction barriers had a bunch of ads on them for the mall. In Chinese it said something like "a whole new shopping environment with a Korean atmosphere" but it was really poorly translated in English on the barriers as "Shopping and the atmosphere come from Korea" which lead Chinese people to complain online about Lotte/Koreans claiming to have invented the concept of shopping and the atmosphere of the Earth.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Was looking at Tokyo Disneyland but probably going to skip it as I was just at Disneyland a 2 weekends ago, so I'm kinda done with lines.

BlueBayou posted:

Am going to Tokyo for a week at the end of May... mostly just so I can do DisneySea and Disneyland. But I am a huge Disney parks fan soo.......

Quality post/username combo.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
if you aren't a huge Disney fan, there's no reason to do Disneyland in Tokyo. I mean it's a bit different than other Disneylands but it's nothing too drastically different to write home about.

DisneySea is exceptional even if you aren't a Disney fan, even if you are only a casual Disney fan and have been to a park or two before, you should go to DisneySea. it is universally thought to be one of the best theme parks in the world. highly recommend for all ages

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What about Universal Japan? They seem to have a cool Attack on Titan ride.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

What about Universal Japan? They seem to have a cool Attack on Titan ride.

Been there a week ago. I prefer it over Tokyo Disney. They got some sweet rides like all the Jutassic Park ones and there's a Lupin the Third vr coaster that rocks.

It is more expensive tho, cause you need to get a fast pass for the big rides seperately from your entrance ticket, but the thing really pays for itself. Think I skipped like 3 hours of queues with it.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Great Autismo! posted:

DisneySea is exceptional even if you aren't a Disney fan, even if you are only a casual Disney fan and have been to a park or two before, you should go to DisneySea. it is universally thought to be one of the best theme parks in the world. highly recommend for all ages

It definitely is more intriguing than Disneyland. I'll see what the kid wants to do, if she wants to go we'll figure out a day. Ticket price seems really loving reasonable compared to Anaheim. They limit the total number of Fastpasses you can get? This was my first trip where we did that. We could only fastpass each ride 1x a day, and book only 1 fastpass an hour, but you could get plenty.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

It's too bad that the railway from Tokyo to Osaka one way or $130. :(

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
I'm finally going to go to USJ this year because my wife gets one free pair of theme park tickets a year, which is a weird job benefit but okay.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kind of coming up blank on coin laundries here. Not near Ameyoko anyway. Are they not a thing? I could have sworn they were common.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

Kind of coming up blank on coin laundries here. Not near Ameyoko anyway. Are they not a thing? I could have sworn they were common.

It really depends on the area. They are common in areas where people live.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Zero posted:

'struth. Pavel Chekhov should have been Korean.

If you went to Korea and said that Sulu should have been Korean but Japan stole him, would they agree with you?

Magna Kaser posted:

My favorite Lotte story was when they were building a big mall in Chengdu, China the construction barriers had a bunch of ads on them for the mall. In Chinese it said something like "a whole new shopping environment with a Korean atmosphere" but it was really poorly translated in English on the barriers as "Shopping and the atmosphere come from Korea" which lead Chinese people to complain online about Lotte/Koreans claiming to have invented the concept of shopping and the atmosphere of the Earth.

:lol:

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Pretty common but often not on the internet at all. If you can’t find otherwise try asking at a kouban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business of Ferrets
Mar 2, 2008

Good to see that everything is back to normal.
Went to Tokyo Disneyland once on a weekday (was a US holiday, so everyone else was working) which also had a typhoon warning. In the end just a few light sprinkles and a full day of zero lines. We at first thought a few popular rides were closed, but we just walked right in and got on.