Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

here's some added context for the vegas bachelorette post:

I love a good Schmear campaign. Mmmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
1 everything bachelorette with a schmear please

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

:worship:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
a schmear campaign on an everything bagel please

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I've (21f) been "dibs'ed"

quote:

tl;dr: I've been dibs'ed by a friend in my friend group that I have no feelings for whatsoever, and it's affecting a potential relationship with a guy in the friend group I do have feelings for.

(I'm on mobile, I'm sorry for all my errors and formatting)

For a little background: I recently (about a year and a half ago) entered a new friend group, all of whom I adore and have way too much fun with. We’re all pursuing the same degree and often share classes and all of that fun stuff. I thought that’d I’d genuinely entered a group of friends that respected me and who I can grow with on in this journey, and it’s a great feeling. Until I learned that one of the guys, (20m) we’ll call him Carl, in our group expressed “dibs” when we all first began hanging out and working together. Carl has admitted his feelings for me several times, both sober and drunk, privately and publicly. I have politely and sometimes not so politely refused and told him very plainly that he’s not my type, and that while I am flattered, nothing will happen between us.

Carl has projected this idea that I’m his perfect match, and often tells me that he’s “got me figured out.” As if I’m a mysterious puzzle box, and continues to try “win me over.” He constantly oversteps boundaries and consistency tells me what he thinks is best for me. His affections for me are well known by everyone in the group and is often joked about and our friends have often stuck up for me when he's being too overbearing. Which in its self is obnoxious, but I digress.

Anyway, the real problem is that myself and another guy in the group (21m, We’ll call him James) and I have been talking a lot recently and our friendship has blossomed into more of a flirtatious nature. James is very much my type of guy and we’re both very compatible.

A week ago, James asked me if I wanted to get together to work on a project for a class that he and I share. At this point, the flirting has been pretty heavy, there’s an obvious attraction there, so I jumped at the chance for some one on one time with him. It went great, we got a lot of great material for our project and had dinner. Towards the end of the evening says something along the lines of “I want to invite you back to my place but I don’t want Carl to find out about it.” I naturally assumed this was because Carl has very blatantly and obviously made his feelings for me known. We talked it over and I explained how many times I’d turned him down and that I was comfortable keeping a rendezvous secret in an effort to spare Carl’s feelings. So, we go back to his place and have a really great time.

During pillow talk I jokingly mention how persistent Carl is and explain how much it really bothers me sometimes, which leads to the mention of the whole “dibs” thing. Before I could say anything, he explained how bullshit he thought it was and how he’d have never made a move if I hadn’t mentioned previously that I’d turned him down several times.

I’m just so irritated about it and it’s gotten to the point where I didn’t go to our weekly outing as a friend group because I knew that Carl was going to say something to upset me and I was going to blow up on him.

I’m just so frustrated!

Like I have no idea what to do. I enjoy James a lot, and can see this going somewhere if given the chance. But I’m know that Carl would react badly because he feels as though he’s entitled to my affection.

I’m sorry if this is a bit rambley, my thoughts are so scattered about it. I appreciate any and all advice!

You should honor the dibs before the universe itself destroys you for your insolence at profaning this sacred fundamental law. You have been warned.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Xenocides posted:

I've (21f) been "dibs'ed"

You should honor the dibs before the universe itself destroys you for your insolence at profaning this sacred fundamental law. You have been warned.

I've heard of treating women like property, but holy poo poo.

Kill the dibs-caller.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

therobit posted:

I've heard of treating women like property, but holy poo poo.

Kill the dibs-caller.

I don’t understand how it came to this. Maybe if she’s the only girl in the whole friend-group and she lucked into the rest all being sucky dudes, maybe.

But even then, I want to believe it’d hit a point pretty early on where somebody (or even she herself) would go “OK, enough with the ‘dibs’ poo poo. It was a joke but now you’ve made it weird.”

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling roommate his GF and her 2 kids have to leave.

Hi reddit,

I am a 22 year old male rooming with my 24 year old male friend. His GF is 26 and has two kids who are not his. The kids are 5 and 3. Well the GF got kicked out of her own place and doesn't have a job and can't pay rent to live anywhere. My roommate and I share a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. The GF and kids came to live here and I was fine with it as I they had just been kicked out and thought she would need a week to get back on her feet. Well 2 weeks later she was still there and I asked my roommate what the plan was as I was starting to get annoyed by the kids. Basically I am still in college and like having friends over but his GF said i'm not allowed to have friends over after 10 and I can't drink or have parties here anymore because it would be a bad example for the kids.

​My roommate and I both pay half the rent. My roommate says they are going to move in for the rest of the lease which ends in December. He said we could split utilities 5 ways if it made it better. I said this was unacceptable, I didn't agree to live with a family and this is really starting to affect my life. I said even if we split rent 5 ways I wouldn't want to do that. I then said if they're not gone by the end of the week I will go to the property manager and take whatever steps are needed to resolve the issue.

​AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for allowing a few of my middle school students to skip a school-wide prayer?

I teach at a private school. It's not affiliated with any religion and we allow students of all religions to attend. Once yearly, there is an event at my school when a Christian pastor comes and the middle and high school students stand around the flag pole and pray. I am an atheist, which I don't share with my students despite the fact that many of my co-workers share their faith with our students constantly. I don't think it's my students' business. I am a youngish (30) teacher and the kids really like me. I don't want to push my views on kids who are at such an impressionable age. That's not why I'm a teacher. This includes religion, politics, etc.

​Every year for the past six years, I have told my classes that this is an optional prayer and my classroom is open to those who don't feel comfortable attending. Every year, I have between 5-10 kids (out of 110ish) stay behind in my room. We don't discuss the event or why they're staying. I have them work on homework or run some errands for me. I stay behind and supervise. The event lasts fifteen minutes and then we move on with our lives.

​This year, a pain in the rear end that I work with...oops, a co-worker, complained to our headmaster about it. I was told by our administration that these kids must attend and even if they do not want to pray, they can use the time to enjoy a moment of silence. She informed me that this is a "bad precedent" to set for our students. She said that this event is once yearly and these students should be ashamed for wanting to skip it. She also doesn't think it's appropriate for me to skip it.

​However, on the way out there, I spotted two of my students lagging behind and one was tearing up. I know these kids well- one is Jewish and the other is atheist. They approached me and the Jewish kid said, "Mrs. Pain in the rear end (not exact words) said we still must attend today. Can we please sit in your room?" I told them that the headmaster was really encouraging all to go. The Jewish kid (a sixth grader) was really tearing up at this point. I said, "You know what? This is ridiculous. Go to my room." I then walked the rest of the kids out to the flag pole and then returned to my classroom.

​A few of my (openly Christian) co-workers seemed surprised by my choice and asked if this was really the hill that I wanted to die on. They told me it's not a big deal to go out there and be respectful during the prayer for fifteen minutes. However, I think I've handled it in a very respectful manner. As a private school, they're allowed to invite whoever they want to pray at our school. However, as a non-religious private school, I think my students should be allowed to skip out on prayer should they choose to do so. So, AITA?

​EDIT: I do not believe that I'm in danger of losing my job. This happened a few months ago, but I was just discussing it with my husband and it got me thinking about how I plan to handle this next school year.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

I wish my life went down a divergent path, one where I didn't read this.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

burial posted:

I don’t understand how it came to this. Maybe if she’s the only girl in the whole friend-group and she lucked into the rest all being sucky dudes, maybe.

But even then, I want to believe it’d hit a point pretty early on where somebody (or even she herself) would go “OK, enough with the ‘dibs’ poo poo. It was a joke but now you’ve made it weird.”

I'll cop to being drunk and not reading the story very well and also being too lazy to go look it up for the comments but surely Dungeons and Dragons is involved somehow.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hi reddit,

I am a 22 year old male rooming with my 24 year old male friend. His GF is 26 and has two kids who are not his. The kids are 5 and 3. Well the GF got kicked out of her own place and doesn't have a job and can't pay rent to live anywhere. My roommate and I share a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. The GF and kids came to live here and I was fine with it as I they had just been kicked out and thought she would need a week to get back on her feet. Well 2 weeks later she was still there and I asked my roommate what the plan was as I was starting to get annoyed by the kids. Basically I am still in college and like having friends over but his GF said i'm not allowed to have friends over after 10 and I can't drink or have parties here anymore because it would be a bad example for the kids.

​My roommate and I both pay half the rent. My roommate says they are going to move in for the rest of the lease which ends in December. He said we could split utilities 5 ways if it made it better. I said this was unacceptable, I didn't agree to live with a family and this is really starting to affect my life. I said even if we split rent 5 ways I wouldn't want to do that. I then said if they're not gone by the end of the week I will go to the property manager and take whatever steps are needed to resolve the issue.

​AITA?

Definitely split the rent 5 ways, tell those kids they have to earn their keep

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

burial posted:

People in their early 20s are complete and total morons especially in a group setting. That one takes it to a certain level though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (26f) ended a friendship with a girl (26f) a month ago and now she seems to be coming to a meetup i'm hosting at my house.

Hey everyone, so I was friends with this girl, Karissa, for about a year. We just don't click. She was sometimes fun to go out and drink with, but in terms of a deeper connection, it was nonexistent. Anytime we went out though, she would get wasted and try to find guys to talk to, even though she had a BF who she is definitely just keeping as a backup plan in case she doesn't find someone 'better' -- one time she met a guy last St. Patty's Day (2018) at a bar and talked to him all night, despite the fact her BF was there too, and then made plans to go on a date with him. When he stopped texting her, she flipped out and made me read all their texts and anytime I talked to her for the next month, she was overanalyzing why this guy stopped talking to her and even said "ugh I feel like I screwed everything up by telling him I have a BF. I should never have told him."

Anyway, I finally just reached a breaking point a month ago and told her we just aren't compatible and I don't want to be friends anymore. She was mad and kept going off on me so I blocked her. I haven't spoken to her since.

However, I joined a meetup group and, after she saw I joined, she joined it too. I went to one meetup and she wasn't there luckily. But, I got along with the girls there and we planned the next meetup, a potluck I'm hosting at my house. We set up the event and she immediately RSVP'd that she is coming.

I then posted in the event that it is at my house (after she had RSVP'd). I gave it about a week, thinking she'd change her RSVP once she saw I was hosting. She did not. So, I sent her a super nice message saying; "hey, i saw you RSVP'd to the potluck. I'm not sure if you realized, but it is actually at my house. I don't want to leave you out of anything at all, but I think it would be uncomfortable for both of us if you came. Do you mind sitting this one out? Sorry, hope you're doing well."

She never responded. It's been a week and it still says she's coming to the meetup at my house.

I want to make new friends without any drama. what should I do? Send another message?

It's irritating because I'm just trying to start fresh. I was in a D&D group with my friends, and she pretty much pushed herself into it, so I decided I'd just stop going because it would be uncomfortable for everyone, but I wasn't going to try to say she should drop out instead and I haven't said anything bad about her to our mutual friends. I'm literally just leaving her alone. Why can't she do the same and respect my wishes?

tl;dr -- I 'broke up' with a friend but now she's apparently coming to a meetup I'm hosting at my house. What should I do?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Pick posted:

You at 18:
Dad: I'll give you $500 :smug:

You at 35:
Dad: I will fly everyone to Tahiti

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

therobit posted:

I'll cop to being drunk and not reading the story very well and also being too lazy to go look it up for the comments but surely Dungeons and Dragons is involved somehow.

Palpek posted:

People in their early 20s are complete and total morons especially in a group setting. That one takes it to a certain level though.

OK, sadly, you’re both probably right. I just don’t want you to be.

I’m sure I handled things less than ideally at that age (as I often still do) but it’s just nuts to me that the guy she likes was all “Yeah, I mean, Carl DID have dibs, so if you hadn’t told me you shut him down...”

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My family is extremely overprotective of me [22 F] and won't let me go anywhere alone - even tagging along business trips.

Background: I was home schooled and extremely shielded during my childhood. My mom is ill and my siblings have an age gap of 10+ years, so they take on the role of "second parents". I'm also almost deaf, so they worry about me "not being able to hear" if someone "tries to kidnap me" (their words) or something happens.

Ever since I graduated highschool I've been trying to reclaim the teenage years I lost due to being homeschooled. I never had friends or left the house. So I'm trying to go out more. Whenever I want to go out, my family flat out refuses or tags along. This is especially awkward during dates and has led to me having to break off relationships.

Recently, I started a new job in marketing, which will require a lot of travel. I'm letting my sister (35 F) and her husband (36 M) tag along my first trip to Vegas. However, they're insistent on making plans to come with me to every trip, even to Chicago. We're in SoCal.

My family is fairly poor and can't afford this. My company pays my tickets of course - but they want to take time off work and pay extra just to come with me. I told them that once they meet my co-workers, I'm sure they'll feel more secure about letting me go on trips - but they aren't listening and are starting to make plans to come.

It's a embarrassing at work. And my family is acting like I'm being the burden for even getting this job because now "they have to come along".

I don't know what to do at this point. I understand they're worried due to me being sheltered all my life but this is stressing me out. I finally landed my dream job and they're complaining about it. I pay rent, manage my own bills, and am fairly independent - but they still treat me like a child. It's also frustrating when it impacts relationships.

Any advice?

TLDR Overbearing family won't let me go on business trips alone, or hardly anywhere alone. I'm 22 and it's ruining my relationships and work.

EDIT: Wow! Thanks for all the replies, I've been looking through all of them between my breaks but I'm home now and can respond individually as much as I can

EDIT 2: I live with my family still, but pay $600 a month for a shared room with them. We all live together, married sister included. We're Hispanic

EDIT 3: I'm going to t talk with them this week and tell them plain and simple they can't come. I'm mostly worried about my sister and dad, but I'll do my best. I'm also going to look into rooms for rent like a majority of the suggestions, my only concern is my Mom, since she's ill I want to stay with her as long as I can before she's gone. I'll update you guys on what my family says, I know it won't be good but it's now or never

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
One of my co-workers is almost deaf and has hearing aids, but she does really well with it. If someone is speaking to her while facing her and at a normal volume it's difficult to tell that she has a disability at all. That said, her parents are extremely protective, like to the point of driving a few hours to stay at her house overnight for a doctor's appt the next day (she's 29 and they came with her to talk to the doctor). Her older brother did die young, though, so I guess she's all they have, but still I couldn't do that poo poo.

Sort of deaf girl should move the gently caress out and tell her family to loving calm down. Or, comedy option, let them come every loving trip and watch how long it takes for them to realize that they can't randomly take days off and lose income or their jobs just to make sure she doesn't "get kidnapped at loving 22 in a business meeting".

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Spoiler tag for the hidden mystery in this story, see if you can uncover it!

AITA for not being able to accept my partner's sexuality?

quote:

I know how the title of this sounds but please hear me out. Also, this is a throwaway bc I'm pretty sure my partner knows my main account and I don't want her to see this.

About a year ago my (20M) partner (25F) came out to me as polyamorous, and told me that she'd like to begin having sexual relationships with other men. She told me that, for her, it's not a case of wanting to date other people but more to make our relationship an open one where she's free to sleep with others if she wants too. I'm by no means an old fashioned dude - hell I even suggested we try out three ways for this, which she said wasn't the same - but I'm pretty into monogamy and told her that I wasn't necessarily comfortable with the idea of her sleeping with other guys. Note: I'm not judging anyone who is into this type of relationship, just that it isn't at all for me.

Long story short, she got absolutely hysterical about the fact that I told her I was uncomfortable with it, told me how depressed she was not being able to explore her sexuality to the fullest and pointing out how supportive she was of me when I came out as bisexual. I eventually caved and told her okay, but on the conditions that a) she doesn't bring anyone else into our bed and b) I don't have to hear about it in detail. She agreed and got on with finding other guys pretty quickly. She became noticeably happier after she started this, so I've just been kinda grinning and bearing it.

Thing is, she's seemingly become completely disinterested in having a physical relationship with me since she started them with other dudes. I'm not someone who's asking for sex every single night, but at this point I'm lucky if we do it once a month and she never wants to be casually affectionate with me any more. It's gotten to the point where our five year old daughter has noticed, and has asked me why mummy doesn't kiss me goodbye when she goes out any more. It feels like we're just mates who share a bed. Conversely, she's going to meet other guys at least once a week and I'm fairly sure she's sleeping with them at least half the time.

I brought my concerns up to her and she got upset again, saying I had no right to be mad bc she was sticking to my terms and that I was trying to police her sexuality. I'm now in a place where I'm completely torn. As I said, she's noticeably happier when she's exploring her sexuality to the fullest and of course I want her to be happy. And she really was very supportive of me when I came out as bi. But it's really killing me that she seems to not want anything to do with me intimately any more. I get that these guys are probably older and more experienced than I am, but it bums me out that I'm not enough for her.

So what do y'all think? Am I being an arsehole and should I just get over myself and try to learn to accept her more? Or am I justified in being upset?

ETA: made a comment saying this but people are still asking so I'll post an explanation about how I'm 20 with a 5 year old daughter. When I was a teen I was in a very violent and toxic environment at home. A dude in our building who I would petsit for took pity on me when things got real bad at home and would let me crash on his couch if I needed to get out of my parents' place for a night or two. My now gf was his flatmate and made it apparent she was interested in me, thinking I was ~17 (age of consent in the UK is 16). I didn't turn down her advances because I was a dumb 15 year old who thought banging a hot 20 year old chick would be peak cool. Clearly in retrospect this wasn't a good idea, and no she didn't back off when she realised she was wrong about my age (obviously), but that's how that went down for everyone who's curious.

Nice idea trying to classify wanting to sleep with other people as a type of LGTBQ, literally "my sexual preference is people who aren't you but I don't want to break up, that's the same as being bisexual or gay right?"

Also she's probably no longer attracted to him because she's a pedophile

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 18, 2019

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

I was really hoping "our daughter" meant "her daughter that we call our daughter" but welp

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
You just know she’s the village bike for all the teenage lads hanging around the shops.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That's terrible, I feel really sorry for the dude as he's a victim who obviously doesn't realize the extent of the destruction yet and that truck has to still hit him before he even starts solving any of those problems.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

that's a big ol yikes from me

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Really hope we get a bachelorette party update after it's occurred

You know a 17 person bachelorette party is already gonna be intense

I hope they email her afterwards and is like "on second thought don't bother coming to the wedding, later"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The only thing about that story that occurred is that Las Vegas exists and even about that I'm only 90% certain at best.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

The only thing about that story that occurred is that Las Vegas exists and even about that I'm only 90% certain at best.

cool, please post more

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Pinecone Sample posted:

Hey we haven't talked about how expensive weddings are dumb in a few days

WIBTA for not going to my sisters wedding because of the ridiculous "requirements"

ohhh yeahhh that's the good stuff

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

EDIT 2: I live with my family still, but pay $600 a month for a shared room with them. We all live together, married sister included. We're Hispanic
I may be wrong as I don't live there but isn't $600 a bit much for a shared room? Especially when the family isn't wealthy as she claims so the flat probably isn't expensive in the first place.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Did she say where? $600 would get you the bottom half of a bunk in the bay area.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Spoiler tag for the hidden mystery in this story, see if you can uncover it!

AITA for not being able to accept my partner's sexuality?

Nice idea trying to classify wanting to sleep with other people as a type of LGTBQ, literally "my sexual preference is people who aren't you but I don't want to break up, that's the same as being bisexual or gay right?"

Also she's probably no longer attracted to him because she's a pedophile

:smith:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I want to be free to gently caress any young boy I choose within a 10 mile radius, and you're oppressing me if you say that makes you uncomfortable.

Also, I assumed calling dibs on someone just meant claiming interest and intentions to make a move in the near future. Being turned down or failing to make a move at all means dibs is over.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel like the sort of person who would think calling dibs on a person makes any sense is also the sort of person who will never experience requited love.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hi reddit,

​AITA?

I'm sorry split the utilities 5 ways? With a 5 and 3 year old? Am I reading this right?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Sjs00 posted:

I'm sorry split the utilities 5 ways? With a 5 and 3 year old? Am I reading this right?

It's basically just them trying to bribe him into not getting them kicked out because they're extremely violating the lease

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

Nice idea trying to classify wanting to sleep with other people as a type of LGTBQ

This isn't all that uncommon with poly people.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Like he offered to pay more for utilities because of their usage.

Why are his two options "follow the rules and deal" or "property manager". Can't he take the oft-treaded middle ground of ignoring his roommate's rules and having friends over anyway?

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Dazerbeams posted:

Also, I assumed calling dibs on someone just meant claiming interest and intentions to make a move in the near future. Being turned down or failing to make a move at all means dibs is over.

What’s ridiculous is (1) that they don’t seem to have recognized this obvious restriction, and (2) that they actually called it, and are continuing to call it, “dibs” like she’s the front passenger seat of mommy’s car.

Nothing wrong with asking your friends not to make a move on someone when you’re seriously interested and acting on it. But holy poo poo, it’s not binding and it doesn’t constitute ownership.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yeah I was a shithead in my 20's. Happens. These days I'd just drop the group, back then I would have been too anxious to say anything. Those friends are lovely for even thinking that a girl belongs to a guy because he says so.

That poor guy with the 5yo kid, drat. His girlfriend is a pedo. Being poly isn't an orientation and she really makes the rest of the bisexual world look lovely with the "Oh but I just HAVE to gently caress both genders at all times!" The idea that all bi people aren't fulfilled with one partner as a rule is so loving stupid and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
She's not, did you read it? The girlfriend is apparently straight. It's the boyfriend who's bi, and he's monogamous.