Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

FizFashizzle posted:

I wish Evil Weasel still posted.

He does sometimes, just not here in this thread

Good job mods who banned him for breaking forums rules with a thread that wasn't in that forum when he posted in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

it'd be really funny to watch him trying to explain why Mueller saying "welp, not gonna do poo poo, have fun trying to convince a Republican Senate to convict, later nerds" was Good, Actually for the rule of law

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Is he got yet

(Not sarcasm. Between Barr and conflicting news sources I have no idea what's going on)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1118911951067910144

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

Why doesn’t he post here anymore.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Well looks like we have more evidence that Don Jr can’t read

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I yearn for the day when I can say “this didn’t age well.”

We all know it’s coming, at some point.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I'm in Africa and was offline for 30 hours and God did I pick the wrong 30 hours to be offline

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Reading the Muller Report is like the spiel of a used cars salesman in a commercial but the word “car” has been replaced with “crime”: “I have big crimes, small crimes. New and slightly used crimes! I have to liquidate all these crimes because my stock of crimes is just too big! Low credit? No money for a down payment? Don’t worry I’ll have the perfect crime for you no questions asked!”

The sheer density of crimes per pag (cpp) is probably record setting, much less that they go on for 470 pages

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

in a hilarious twist of fate it turned out that his constant whining about "but you stupid children don't understand, the system means whatever authority decides is just" had pissed off local authority

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Guze posted:

Any updates from Senate Republicans on how concerned they are?

Rumor has it McCain got so concerned he died from concern

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Not willing to look myself because I value my brain cells and don't want to kill them (unless it's with delicious, delicious alcohol): What is Fox News saying about the report?

It's actually surprisingly tame. "Russia report released showing Trump efforts to sideline key players, but no collusion evidence" is the heaviest they got on the front page, as well as something below the fold about some dude saying that Mueller pulled shady stuff.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

Yeah, I'm actually a little surprised at how sloppily Barr covered poo poo up in this.:stare:

Yea this is my one actual surprise. Like, I was expecting a doc full of black lines but this is...not actually that much redaction? Which A) makes it hilarious he needed so many weeks to do it and B) genuinely makes me wonder what got covered up if this poo poo was deemed acceptable.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He got perma'd. Some mod eventually quietly un-perma'd him and he sometimes posts, but not here.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the only person both dumber and less self-aware than his dad.

BigglesSWE posted:

he tweeted that after this all came out.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

Yea this is my one actual surprise. Like, I was expecting a doc full of black lines but this is...not actually that much redaction? Which A) makes it hilarious he needed so many weeks to do it and B) genuinely makes me wonder what got covered up if this poo poo was deemed acceptable.

They didn't need weeks to do it since Trump got access before now. They were just getting a head start.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mcmagic posted:

She's making the political judgement that impeachment is bad for D's politically and I agree with her.

Not everything is a political judgement. They have the votes to impeach. It would probably be good for them politically. But even if it's not, they're in a position where they need to do the right thing. Trump needs to be impeached. Even if he isn't convicted. And even him not being convicted could be politically good. There's no reason not to.

It's lunacy to think otherwise.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BigglesSWE posted:

The report literally says they didn't do anything to him because he is too dumb to understand what he's doing

Which hasn't ever stopped a cop before, but it's a mighty self-own all the same

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

It looks like they realized that they can't protect Trump, but they triaged the Trump kids as much as possible and one or two other people

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

1glitch0 posted:

Not everything is a political judgement. They have the votes to impeach. It would probably be good for them politically. But even if it's not, they're in a position where they need to do the right thing. Trump needs to be impeached. Even if he isn't convicted. And even him not being convicted could be politically good. There's no reason not to.

Impeachment literally is a political process not a legal/judicial one.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because [HARM TO ONGOING MATTER]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Man too dumb to understand he is possibly the most dumb man alive

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

He got perma'd. Some mod eventually quietly un-perma'd him and he sometimes posts, but not here.

evilweasel was never perma'd

https://twitter.com/TalKopan/status/1118916236082126849

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

some of that time was probably actual evaluation of ongoing investigations and some of it was Barr trying to decide "do I want to be the guy who allowed incredibly bad things to be reported about the president, or do i want to be the guy who will be remembered forever for covering for Donald Crimes Trump?"

the answer he decided on, of course, is "both"

hahahahahahaha

heeheeheeeheehee

hoho

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

Impeachment literally is a political process not a legal/judicial one.

wait, you mean there's not a way to do an end-run around political action to accomplish political goals?

weird!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Also last I heard he made partner at a law firm.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It looks like they realized that they can't protect Trump, but they triaged the Trump kids as much as possible and one or two other people

Why bother protecting them though? Are they thinking they can get a political dynasty going here?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

1glitch0 posted:

I get the argument that it will motivate the base, I don't get the argument that it's "the right thing to do". I would agree if I felt it was actually holding him accountable, but I don't think that it is.

Party Plane Jones posted:

evilweasel was never perma'd
My apologies, I was uninformed.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

The idea of not impeaching trump rn would be that running against him will be a cakewalk in the next election, whereas basically anyone who replaces him is going to be 1,000,000 less laden with toxic, corrupt baggage

Which is very true. It's also very true that he deserves to be impeached and that he absolutely should be impeached wrt the integrity of the democracy

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

No you see it's 4325D chess by DJTJ to prove that he's so stupid that they actually can't nail him on the crimes they thought he might have been to stupid to be convicted of

:trumpsmug:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

His supporters aren't going to read anything longer than a bumper sticker anyway. Might as well say whatever you want them to believe.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Why bother protecting them though? Are they thinking they can get a political dynasty going here?

Ivanka 100% plans to be president someday.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lol

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Well they don't call it the Small Lie. Go big or go home.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Also last I heard he made partner at a law firm.

Weigel is a lawyer now?

Seriously Joe, come back we miss your posting.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Weigel is a lawyer now?

Seriously Joe, come back we miss your posting.

Joementum is not evilweasel.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Groovelord Neato posted:

Kind of surprised Trump Sr had the insight to realize the special investigation was going to be bad for him tbh

Also a thing innocent people say: OH MY GOD I'M hosed

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeDorning/status/1118917357160812545?s=19

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

The idea of not impeaching trump rn would be that running against him will be a cakewalk in the next election, whereas basically anyone who replaces him is going to be 1,000,000 less laden with toxic, corrupt baggage

Which is very true. It's also very true that he deserves to be impeached and that he absolutely should be impeached wrt the integrity of the democracy

Kind of how the British decided that they could’ve assasinated Hitler during the second half of the war, but decided against it once they realized just what a colossal headache he was to the nazi war machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

This is magical :allears: