Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Blockhouse posted:

Are accounts bound to Steam or can I just rebuy the game?

If you have an account through Steam, it is bound to Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It took a long time for Thaumaturge to click with me, but I think I might be a BLM main.

I still think it's dull as dishwater before level 42.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That's because it absolutely, 100% is.

I stole someone else's MCH glamour and added a Redbill Scarf and Ferdinand to it, improving it 100%:

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 18, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Where is my /headbob emote Yoshi P you fraud?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

FactsAreUseless posted:

It took a long time for Thaumaturge to click with me, but I think I might be a BLM main.

I still think it's dull as dishwater before level 42.

Honestly, I'm starting to feel the same way. I'll need to fix my caster gear melds at 70 if I change to BLM from RDM, but I'm at 64 right now and I'm really enjoying the job. I've also started the relic grind for it. :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Close...

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Leofish posted:

Honestly, I'm starting to feel the same way. I'll need to fix my caster gear melds at 70 if I change to BLM from RDM, but I'm at 64 right now and I'm really enjoying the job. I've also started the relic grind for it. :v:

BLM at 70 can be more mobile than RDM, it's quite amusing to literally warp circles around RDMs while still casting and I highly suggest Aetherial Manipulation macros for such endeavors.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

Are accounts bound to Steam or can I just rebuy the game?

Steam accounts are schrodinger's accounts. They simultaneously are, yet are not PC accounts.

You can buy a PS4 license, and apply that so you can play on consoles. But if you buy a standalone PC copy of the game, it will tell you no, you already have one registered, and so you must do all your expansion-buying (and in theory, later on, logging-in) from thereon through Steam.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In my mad dash to get 200k mgp on four of my seven characters, I've been thinkin bout some good names for racebirbs

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Groggy nard posted:

BLM at 70 can be more mobile than RDM, it's quite amusing to literally warp circles around RDMs while still casting and I highly suggest Aetherial Manipulation macros for such endeavors.

I have macros set up that AM me to party targets 2-8 and they're on a bar next to the party window. I stole it from a post I saw in this thread. I also have similar macros for Cover.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Xarbala posted:

In my mad dash to get 200k mgp on four of my seven characters, I've been thinkin bout some good names for racebirbs

The pre-sets will allow you to name a bird BONE DEEP. Just sayin'.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

oh gently caress

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What is the most belts you can shove on your person? I want to make Nomura proud of me.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
my bird is named Big Biscuit and he is as dry as he sounds

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

iTrust posted:

Apparently not on Spotify though, unless I am bad at finding things on Spotify.

there is virtually no music from final fantasy or other sqex properties available on Spotify at present, for unknown reasons which I suspect have to do with licensing troubles but are still bad and dumb imho

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

eat my rear end o12s we beat you finally wheeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I recently moved from PS4 to PC and been having some issues with eyestrain. It's hard to determine exactly what the cause is, but I'm using the same monitor, and don't have any problems with other games.

I think it might be related to the colour profile on PC versus the PS4. Some fonts seem much brighter on PC than PS4 even on the same display.

I thought it might be desperate but locking it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It definitely feels like the flashy effects and certain fonts are just brighter on PC, even after gamma and brightness are dropped way down.

I've tried all sorts of tweaks with the contrast and the gamma, and the only thing I think has helped a bit so far has been the blue light reduction filter on win 10, but I can't be entirely sure that wasn't coincidence.

Has anyone else had a similar issue moving from PS4 to PC?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Saint Freak posted:

:eyepop: I'm pretty proud of Infinity Wark, but I might have to change it up soon.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Groggy nard posted:

Y'all are gonna keep talking about how fun this job is and it's gonna make me level BLM isn't it

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Harrow posted:

Y'all are gonna keep talking about how fun this job is and it's gonna make me level BLM isn't it

BLM really does feel awful until you get both Blizz 3 and Fire 3, but once you do everything magically clicks into place and it just works. And then you get Fire 4 later on and realize that it's a 500 potency attack with your astral fire multiplier and I've been having so much fun with it. Which is funny because back in ARR I utterly loathed getting it to 26 for Swiftcast.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

eat my rear end o12s we beat you finally wheeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee

:toot:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

One of my favorite things about BLM--having not played it past 30-something yet myself, just watching other players--is the animation when you cast Flare and Foul. It looks like the caster can barely contain that power and has to recoil from it as the spell goes off and it kicks so much rear end. It's such a good casting animation.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Harrow posted:

if it helps, Ley Lines is a loving telegraph magnet and I don't care if you can warp to and fro on 30s cooldown or whatever, that poo poo gets old

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah they really let you go ham as a blm, with flare a foul being screen sized explosions its amazing. i dont think i've felt as powerful as a caster in another game, just from the animations alone.

i also wonder what its like being a melee if you dont have your spell effects turned down with a blm doing like a triple flare into a foul and thunder 4, you wouldnt even be able to see anything

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Rainuwastaken posted:

BLM really does feel awful until you get both Blizz 3 and Fire 3, but once you do everything magically clicks into place and it just works. And then you get Fire 4 later on and realize that it's a 500 potency attack with your astral fire multiplier and I've been having so much fun with it. Which is funny because back in ARR I utterly loathed getting it to 26 for Swiftcast.

Can confirm. I'd left THM untouched at 26 for years with a bad feeling about the class, and it wasn't until I randomly started leveling it a few months back that it clicked. I have never done so many leveling dungeons as DPS that resulted in getting three comms. After the various horror stories I've seen in this thread maybe people were just grateful I wasn't an ice mage. SMN is always gonna be my main but doing 24 mans as BLM has been a lot of fun.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Groggy nard posted:

I'm approach 70 on blm now, what kinda macros you talking about

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Ciaphas posted:

if it helps, Ley Lines is a loving telegraph magnet and I don't care if you can warp to and fro on 10 and4s cooldowns or whatever, that poo poo gets old

People often forget that Between the Lines even has a cooldown.

Impermanent posted:

I'm approach 70 on blm now, what kinda macros you talking about

/micon "Aetherial Manipulation"
/ac "Aetherial Manipulation <2>" where the number is your party member list.

I've set up a vertical skillbar next to my party member icons like so.

There is also mouseover, but I've not used it yet.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 18, 2019

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The animation on Fire 4 is fantastic. Gigantic ball of fire that sends a concentrated beam of fire down into the enemy causing flames to lick across the ground. :kiss:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

God help me, but getting a good glam for MCH has made me start pushing to 70 on it and I'm starting to get into a rhythm with it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SwissArmyDruid posted:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yes, but not for much longer. For the time being, you can bypass Steam entirely and just fire up the launcher directly from the install directory. Or, the next time you have to reinstall, you can just use the installer from the FFXIV website.

But that may go away some time between now and the end of the year, for some very stupid reasons.

what's changing? got a link?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I mostly haven't tried BLM yet since resubbing since I don't really want to figure out how to use Aetherial Manipulation with a controller when I'm so used to a mouseover macro for the task

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
At some point steam accounts will have to launch the game through the steam launcher, rather than the standard ffxiv launcher.

That's literally it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

At some point steam accounts will have to launch the game through the steam launcher, rather than the standard ffxiv launcher.

That's literally it.

Oh does that mean I finally won't have to type in my password every time I open the loving game? SE literally being dragged into the 21st century by valve of all things lmfao

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Nthing the love for BLM, I had left THM at 20 back in ARR because it was so boring but I recently picked it up again to get the archmage title. The big lvls are 40 when you no longer have to transpose all the time and 42 when you get the big nut procs.

PotD is such a tease, I've already experienced the glory of Fire/Blizzard 4 but I need to wait another 10 levels... 😭

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Truga posted:

Oh does that mean I finally won't have to type in my password every time I open the loving game? SE literally being dragged into the 21st century by valve of all things lmfao

You'll still have to do that. But you can't launch the ffxiv launcher directly; the Steam launcher will do that for you.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
BLM is the best class.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

You'll still have to do that. But you can't launch the ffxiv launcher directly; the Steam launcher will do that for you.

Wait I thought steam is supposed to replace the launcher? As per

AFAIK part of that poo poo is also steam mandating that if you're selling an online game you need to have linked accounts too, and thus no more lovely logins? Most games I play got the memo years ago, ff14 and warframe are the only holdouts left.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Truga posted:

Steam will launch the launcher, just like it does now, and you won't be able to launch the launcher (god this sounds stupid) outside of Steam's framework. They still want their own custom launcher for technical reasons and so they can do advertising/news updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Truga posted:

AFAIK part of that poo poo is also steam mandating that if you're selling an online game you need to have linked accounts too, and thus no more lovely logins? Most games I play got the memo years ago, ff14 and warframe are the only holdouts left.

You can currently launch the launcher without doing it through Steam by going to the install directory or making a shortcut. Once this goes into effect you won't be able to do that anymore and will have to launch it through Steam.

That's all.