Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Mind_Taker posted:

Congrats CBJ fans. What a way to win your first series.

Also has anyone checked on Wonderllama?

I can confirm that Wonderllama is alive. He says he will return for more disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Starsfan posted:

So the NHL announced that it will not be issuing any supplemental discipline for P.K. Subban targeting Jamie Benn's head in the game last night:

https://twitter.com/seanshapiro/status/1118921924233572353

uhh.. as you can see in the clip provided, seems pretty identical (or worse) to what got Kucherov suspended in the lightning series?

NHL discipline at it again. Can't remember the last time somebody got suspended for a hit on a Dallas player.

Nobody likes Texas

Yes, PK probably deserved a game or two

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
That was bad, but I don't know if it was worse. Benn at least saw him coming.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Those aren't even models, they're updated every game. They're results in a fancy format.

That's how models work, they're updated with new information. A team is less likely to win the Cup if they are losing R1 0-1 than if they are winning 1-0.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Chad Sexington posted:

That was bad, but I don't know if it was worse. Benn at least saw him coming.

The reason I say it looked worse was because the principle point of contact in Kucherov's case seems to have been shoulder to shoulder / chest, whereas Subban deliberately seems to target Benn's head.

Supposedly the Stars "won't forget" the incident though, which sure makes me feel better about the whole thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
But subban only gets booed by stars fans cuz of racism

:qq:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
you cant just be suspending big time players on great teams in huge hockey markets all willy nilly

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

So the NHL announced that it will not be issuing any supplemental discipline for P.K. Subban targeting Jamie Benn's head in the game last night:

https://twitter.com/seanshapiro/status/1118921924233572353

uhh.. as you can see in the clip provided, seems pretty identical (or worse) to what got Kucherov suspended in the lightning series?

NHL discipline at it again. Can't remember the last time somebody got suspended for a hit on a Dallas player.

Wouldn't be the first headshot to get swept under the rug in Dallas

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

:hmmyes:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That hit is what Kadri did last year.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Number19 posted:

Erik Karlsson has been on the ice for 13/18 goals against for the Sharks. He's looked pretty bad and is clearly having mobility problems

Yeah, EK should have been benched for the rest of the season as soon as he injured his groin. It's a trauma that takes an incredibly long time to recover from, and is highly susceptible to re-injury until it's fully healed. And as someone who has suffered a few groin injuries (playing hockey, as it happens), one of which I thought was a sports hernia but ended up being a really bad adductor tendinitis that took a year to recover from, sans surgery, and currently working through another similar though less serious tweak, literally anything can put you into a position that restrains your groin. It's the stabilizer for your lower body in sort of the same way that your abdomen is the stabilizer for your whole body. Once hurt, you will hurt it more by anything that recruits the relevant muscles: turning on it, pushing off of it, absorbing impact that forces the muscles to engage, etc... I exacerbated a similar injury once by simply catching an edge falling onto my side, where the muscle involved wasn't yet strong enough to handle the tensing on impact. So, personally, there were two hits in particular that Karlsson took in games 1 and 2 that I think may have knocked him right back from feeling good to feeling hurt. I just remember Brent Burns taking basically 18 months to come back from a sports hernia repair, and how even after he was skating forward at nearly full capacity, they moved him to forward because his lateral movement and transitioning were going to be poo poo until he completed a full recovery. Hopefully that's not the direction EK is trending.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Aphrodite posted:

That hit is what Kadri did last year.

Precedent means nothing to them. Instead of asking humans to decide suspension lengths, they might as well just have a random number generator spit out a value between 0 and 10, biased towards the lower numbers.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

I ctrl+f'd the Mueller Report you guys and can confirm that Ovechkin is completely exonerated.

Uhh, you sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlk8cEg2s80

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jimbozig posted:

Precedent means nothing to them. Instead of asking humans to decide suspension lengths, they might as well just have a random number generator spit out a value between 0 and 10, biased towards the lower numbers.

The player metrics system should have a G-sensor in the helmet, with the suspension length being a function of hit force and angle.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A panel of 8 fans must be commenced for every individual case: 4 fans on the team's side and 4 for their rival

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

:holymoley:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

A panel of 8 fans must be commenced for every individual case: 4 fans on the team's side and 4 for their rival

in an 8-0 decision, Lucic shall be suspended without pay for the remainder of his contract.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

in an 8-0 decision, Lucic shall be suspended without pay for the remainder of his contract.

Lucic: What'd I do?
The world: Shut up, Lucic

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
PK probably should cop a game for that hit. It's not going to matter anyway, since whoever makes it out of Dallas/Nashville is going to get eaten alive by St. Louis or Winnipeg.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Blues would get rolled by Dallas like they have all year

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

fuckin lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/bmcnally14/status/1118899914224881665?s=19

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sweet thursday posted:

:drat:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1118903384508178433

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahaha well done

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I wonder when QAnon is gonna pick up on this like the Quenneville signing.

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

I'd be far more impressed by some Capitals poo poo talking had they not been completely blown out 5-0 last game.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
what does qanon mean

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

heeheex2 posted:

what does qanon mean

This is going to rank very high on the list of questions you will regret asking.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

heeheex2 posted:

what does qanon mean

oh dear

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

what does qanon mean

just trust me and don't find out

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hockey is very good.
Matt Duchene and Mark Stone have a combined 17 playoff points.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

BlackStar posted:

I'd be far more impressed by some Capitals poo poo talking had they not been completely blown out 5-0 last game.

idk I'm pretty impressed by the Stanley Cup win still

cups before the lockout don't count

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

idk I'm pretty impressed by the Stanley Cup win still

If they don't get their poo poo together, they're gonna be handing the cup off to someone else. They don't have the Penguins to knock them out in round 2 this year. That's no reason to slack off though.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

heeheex2 posted:

what does qanon mean

If you do not like talking politics then stay the gently caress away.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Chad Sexington posted:

100% correct

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

which lockout

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caps won the Cup with a known doper. Theirs doesn't count either.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

sweet thursday posted:

Brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Which Hurricane will murder the coward Alexander Ovechkin tonight?