Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ojyCDRc8uc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

the book of c-spam is back binch awooooo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
YES!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

twoday posted:

Aha holy poo poo PISS

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

twoday posted:

This is crazy! So outta here!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

twoday posted:

animist
Aug 28, 2018

twoday posted:

you acted quickly, as trunjl intended

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Poniard posted:

everyone who wants a copy of the book of c-spam should instead build a component of a printing press and send it to twoday

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

Aha holy poo poo PISS

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'll send the traditional humourously floppy suction cup stick on dildo, it's not a printing press without one, it's the law

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
I lurk this forum most days but rarely post. I think this undertaking is awesome. I will happily pay money for a copy of this when it’s a thing and if you let me!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bo-Pepper posted:

I lurk this forum most days but rarely post. I think this undertaking is awesome. I will happily pay money for a copy of this when it’s a thing and if you let me!

:justpost: :jpmf:

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 01:01 on Apr 17, 2019

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

i post when i feel like it bitch

twoday
May 4, 2005

Bo-Pepper posted:

thank you, and yes of course, but I also encourage all lurkers to post more

twoday
May 4, 2005

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the balloon thing is horrifying but I'm still going to laugh at that gif because it looks like someone hit the thrusters on a hot air balloon

many sides

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

balloon is a floating orb

speaking of orbs

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OfficialBindTrump/permalink/1315176915298764/

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

man I love 2019

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday
May 4, 2005

I find this fascinating but I am hesitant to copy their texts into my grimoire because I don't want to be tricked into doing their work for them

I need to think of a good way to mock them while also describing them

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Somebody posted this in the airplane thread, I post it here because I'm pretty sure I've been squishing the skulls of Boeing's CEO in Doom 2016

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

Just trying to write text in a cleary legible manner is much more exhausting and time-consuming than whatever it is that I normally do

if you ever want to incorporate a circuit diagram in the book of cspam for form's sake, this is a "joule thief"

it boosts the voltage of a near-dead battery so you can still draw small amounts of current from it at the voltage required by your application

it's been the basis of numerous kickstarter and indiegogo scams, most notably the batteriser

and it's almost totally stupid because most modern battery powered electronics already have circuitry that do this and also you wouldn't want to do this to a rechargeable battery because it would damage it

twoday
May 4, 2005

Poniard posted:

everyone who wants a copy of the book of c-spam should instead build a component of a printing press and send it to twoday

Plinkey has bought this set of print and is going to send it to me to use in the book

If other people feel like doing so I will gladly accept, I saw some other smaller sets on ebay that were like $10 or $20 bucks, and having multiple sizes of letters/typefaces would look better. If anyone else does this, I will string all your user names together into the name of a fictitious publishing house and add it to the title page

Plinkey & Co., Publishers

twoday has issued a correction as of 13:37 on Apr 19, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

twoday posted:

Plinkey has bought this set of print and is going to send it to me to use in the book

If other people feel like doing so I will gladly accept, I saw some other smaller sets on ebay that were like $10 or $20 bucks, and having multiple sizes of letters/typefaces would look better. If anyone else does this, I will string all your user names together into the name of a fictitious publishing house and add it to the title page

Plinkey & Co., Publishers

yo message me with what I should get

twoday
May 4, 2005

A massive thank you to the publishing group “Plinkey, Hot Karl Marx, HugeGrossBurrito & Co.” for providing me with the means of production necessary to begin the next phase of the Book of C-Spam. With their help I should be able to not only print entire pages of text, but also have titles and other text in larger and bolder fonts, to make it more visually interesting. This technology will allow me to misspell Trump’s name in bold and exciting new ways, such as including upside-down letters. Another idea I have is to throw a strong magnet at a pile of metal lettertype and spell it with whatever letters stick.

It should be about one to several weeks before the letters arrive. I am also going to try to figure out a way to move the printing press out of my friend’s basement and into my apartment.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Poniard posted:

also lmao that this joke post is now an actual thing that happened

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

twoday posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-_syszg84

twoday
May 4, 2005

Went to check out the printing press, it was much older than I thought, but I think it should still work just fine, might need some oil

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

twoday posted:

i apologize

twoday
May 4, 2005

I don't think I have room for this thing in my apartment so if I move it over to my place I might have to set it up in the storage space in the attic, where there is no electricity, I fear I am going to have to cobble together a pretty hosed up posting station

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
You're the modern day Martin Luther

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

Went to check out the printing press, it was much older than I thought, but I think it should still work just fine, might need some oil

woah, that's totally different from the ones we used

twoday
May 4, 2005

That explains why I didn't understand any of the advice you gave me

Though someone else I told about this project said they may know where one of the ones with rollers is, but this one seems more in line with general aesthetic so I'll try to use it if it's not insanely annoying

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

That explains why I didn't understand any of the advice you gave me

Though someone else I told about this project said they may know where one of the ones with rollers is, but this one seems more in line with general aesthetic so I'll try to use it if it's not insanely annoying

The one we used looked a lot like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewEje3B1BoA

twoday
May 4, 2005

Holy gently caress that’s way more complicated than what I was thinking of doing

I think I need some of those blocks and a frame and such, I will dig around and see what I can find

twoday
May 4, 2005

I'm nowhere near that far up the tech tree yet

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

goon project: publish radical anti-clerical pamphlet

twoday
May 4, 2005