Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kerrzhe posted:

wait is that Overpower? hold on i don't remember what warrior abilities look like other than "has axe"

oh it's Thrill of Battle (aka, the green button)

why would they get rid of that? :psyduck:

Probably because it's weird to give your dude bonus health and heal but also take away the max health a bit later. It obviously is good and helpful but it's a weird way of going about helping, compared to.. say... rampart.

I'm more surprised to see diversion being shuttered. Maybe they'll reduce lucid's cooldown then?

And Dark Arts.

And Wildfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

jokes posted:

Probably because it's weird to give your dude bonus health and heal but also take away the max health a bit later. It obviously is good and helpful but it's a weird way of going about helping, compared to.. say... rampart.

I'm more surprised to see diversion being shuttered. Maybe they'll reduce lucid's cooldown then?

And Dark Arts.

And Wildfire.

Considering Lucid Dreaming is also on that list, probably not.

God, I hope they just make Verholy/Verflare restore MP instead of having to rely on Lucid.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

jokes posted:

And Dark Arts.

And Wildfire.

It's pretty obviously fake.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Would not even be mad if Wildfire went away. Not when the prospect of Tools are on the horizon.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

leaning heavily towards fake because several of those come across as gimmes. of course we’d all love for protect to go away because it’s pointless.

dark arts and wildfire in particular reek of “i hear people complain about this skill but i don’t play the class at all”. drk and mch are my mains and while i have issues with those skills and would change things about them, they’re absolutely not what i would flat out remove. i think they’re both getting heavy reworks anyway and in that case they’d for sure be losing more than just one skill.

so yeah someone just making easy guesses imo

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
mandatory viewing

https://valrisbrandt.tumblr.com/post/184286908433/pray-return-to-the-waking-sands-my-dude-special

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Dr Pepper posted:

It's pretty obviously fake.

The only real shockers on the thing are dark arts, aetherflow and possibly physick. Everything else makes sense.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i could hear the "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!" in my head the whole time this was going and its lack of appearance honestly shocked me

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kaubocks posted:

leaning heavily towards fake because several of those come across as gimmes. of course we’d all love for protect to go away because it’s pointless.

dark arts and wildfire in particular reek of “i hear people complain about this skill but i don’t play the class at all”. drk and mch are my mains and while i have issues with those skills and would change things about them, they’re absolutely not what i would flat out remove. i think they’re both getting heavy reworks anyway and in that case they’d for sure be losing more than just one skill.

so yeah someone just making easy guesses imo

Isn't Dark Arts the button you hit like every other second to enable basic functionality for most of your stuff? That seems like a prime candidate to get cut, and the functionality made baseline.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've always thought that the "apartments" in this game should have been sprinkled about the various unused doors in cities and maybe even smaller settlements. It'd be kind of cool to live in he actual cities.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cabbit posted:

Isn't Dark Arts the button you hit like every other second to enable basic functionality for most of your stuff? That seems like a prime candidate to get cut, and the functionality made baseline.

It's part of the job's resource management

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Isn't Dark Arts the button you hit like every other second to enable basic functionality for most of your stuff?

yeah but the problem with dark arts is how frequently you use it, not that it’s a bad button. how many other classes can say they have a button that modifies a bunch of other skills? DA plunge or power slash for more threat generation. DA abyssal drain to add a heal effect. DA dark passenger for fat damage and blind effect.

it can add a ton of decision making to DRK on how you want to spend your MP, just it’s current iteration the decision is “if MP > half = dark arts”

make it more resource heavy, make its effects more impactful, put it on a cooldown. lots of ways to improve dark arts without throwing it away entirely

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 19, 2019

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Loser buff, badly timed screenshots, don't care. :toot:

Dr Pepper posted:

There's literally no way they'd get rid of Dark Arts

People zeroed in on DA and Wildfire and didn't notice that they're (supposedly) getting rid of loving Aetherflow? You know, the core ability on two different jobs? Which, given how much the developers grumble about ACN locking those jobs together and SMN's lack of ~class fantasy~ and SCH being a balance headache, wouldn't surprise me that much. It'd probably make me and a lot of other people quit, but eh.

It's probably fake, especially since it has Protect and aggro management going away. Also, the deleted ability icons in SB had a big red slash through them, so that's another strike.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 19, 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

There's literally no way they'd get rid of Dark Arts

Nah, I can see it. DA was an attempt to create an MP management minigame by offering tradeoffs (defensive benefits vs. damage). It never really worked because the defensive actions it benefited were niche enough that you'd only ever use them at specific times, and the eventual addition of role actions meant that they couldn't add in any more defensive actions DA could benefit without giving DRK too much defensive power. It devolved into a thing you spam to boost your damage without any real thought or meaning behind it. Darkest Night does what it was trying to accomplish a lot better, so there's not much point in keeping DA around.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

People zeroed in on DA and Wildfire and didn't notice that they're (supposedly) getting rid of loving Aetherflow? You know, the core ability on two different jobs?

I can't talk much about SMN, but axing Aetherflow makes sense for SCH. Realistically, the only two things you can actually burn Aetherflow on are Lustrate and Energy Drain, with the other actions being cooldown gated far more than they are Aetherflow gated. If they wanted to balance out SCH more, the easiest way to do so would be to reduce their ability to direct heal to force them to rely more on mitigation and good use of Aetherpact, something that the removal of Lustrate spam and Physick supports.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 19, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NPC: Gisilbehrt. Zhee sel bear.

Me: Gisilbehrt. Jizzulbert.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Aetherflow is cool and good, actually.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

It's fine for Scholar, since you don't want to discharge them literally as fast as you can get them. On Summoner they're annoying at best.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How about ACN/SMN/SCH get one Aetherflow charge every 60/30/20 seconds (depending on level where you would hey your first, second, third charge) and then can spend them freely? The timer would run permanently so you'd always have max charges for a fresh fight.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It would change rotations a bit but not much, it would just smooth out SMN and remove that death penalty.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Waving my hands with the majestic force of a master game designer as I just make Fester have a 20 second cooldown and make Dreadwyrm abilities have an alternating 60 second cooldown. That's not going to fix braindead pet AI or the huge portions of the rotation where you just spam Ruin, but at least you don't just get constantly owned all the time.

edit: Feel free to make it cleave and/or restore mana so you can nuke Painflare or Energy Drain, too. *waggles imaginary finger-phone beside ear* call me yoshi

Bleu fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 19, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bleu posted:

Waving my hands with the majestic force of a master game designer as I just make Fester have a 20 second cooldown and make Dreadwyrm abilities have an alternating 60 second cooldown. That's not going to fix braindead pet AI or the huge portions of the rotation where you just spam Ruin, but at least you don't just get constantly owned all the time.

edit: Feel free to make it cleave and/or restore mana so you can nuke Painflare or Energy Drain, too. *waggles imaginary finger-phone beside ear* call me yoshi
Did SMN hurt you? Are you okay?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm feelin' pretty cool atm.

:clint:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lol jesus christ why is SE so bad

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not a good job, folks. It's a bad job. Many people saying this.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Just had my first run in with one of the 'crown' people that everyone complains about. Yelled at the party for 'pulling extra stuff' because pathing monsters wandered into us and then quit after one wipe in the first boss fight of AV when a new player (sprout, not synched) that clearly didn't speak english didn't respond immediately to his chat about eating the fruit. The thing is, the player eventually either understood or figured it out on his own but apparently one wipe was too much.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Just had my first run in with one of the 'crown' people that everyone complains about. Yelled at the party for 'pulling extra stuff' because pathing monsters wandered into us and then quit after one wipe in the first boss fight of AV when a new player (sprout, not synched) that clearly didn't speak english didn't respond immediately to his chat about eating the fruit. The thing is, the player eventually either understood or figured it out on his own but apparently one wipe was too much.

This poo poo right here is the only reason I want a crown, just so they aren't all a bunch of insufferable pricks. My money is on them being a PLD.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

mentors are a joke

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I’m happy for once final fantasy sticking to lore. They had to rewrite the whole thing whit the roegadyn and miqote lore because of upset children. Be grateful to play. And just let SE be! 🙄🤦‍♂️ can’t please everyone.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Mordiceius posted:

I’m happy for once final fantasy sticking to lore. They had to rewrite the whole thing whit the roegadyn and miqote lore because of upset children. Be grateful to play. And just let SE be! 🙄🤦‍♂️ can’t please everyone.

Context?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

trolling re: gender locked races 50 pages late, probably

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Source your quotes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kurieg posted:

Source your quotes.

https://www.instagram.com/ffxiv/p/BwbxUxxlqDF/

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Never actually source your quotes, nor ask for obvious quotes to be sourced, imo

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Never actually source your quotes, nor ask for obvious quotes to be sourced, imo

I linked that one because holy poo poo is the comments section a wasteland of brain worms.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I saw someone say "triggered" so that makes sense.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Fact: There are more bad crowns than sprouts in this game.

When I zone into a daily and a sprout says "first time here" it's usually no sweat. They are focused like a laser watching mechanics and you know, learning. The occasional mishap happens but who cares. Next time around that sprout is gonna be ready to rumble.

Now a crown, I can 99.9% of the time expect some long winded over explanation of how to wipe your rear end every five steps and a stupid ASCII Moogle spammed in chat when the duty is done. Any open world event thing they are always the ones spamming emotes and open air RP'ing.

gently caress Crowns.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:yikes:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

FactsAreUseless posted:

tbh smn would probably be better off with only one layer of JO instead of two.

SCH is 100% fine with how it works now, though. You hit Aetherflow and you end up wanting to use an aetherflow about every 15 seconds on average, since sitting on them will end up losing you a bunch of cooldown time on aetherflow itself, which is also a button for your mana. Scholar is a limitless god of mana until you gently caress up managing your aetherflow correctly, and then suddenly you're dry and all of your poo poo is way too expensive to make it through. I'm actually excited a bit for scholar in ShB because they have no fundamental problems at the moment outside of what all healers share, so they should actually just be getting new toys instead of a deeper rework. The only thing I really want is a 60 second cooldown to force adlo crits to make spread adlo more reliable.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Countblanc posted:

always credit the artist :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hogama posted:

Posted as 'SoLong.png' by a "Redsixte". Likelihood of it being someone taking the piss with some photoshopping is quite high given we've got a month to go for the combat overhaul live, but hey, it's something to think about what on earth they'd do to make up for axing these.

Probably fake but the DA/Atherflow/Wildfire isnt so much them removing these buttons but a general class rework which changes things on a more fundamental level.

People getting all in a tizzy thinking that removing a button means they arent compensating with the class reworks need to calm down.