Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Clarste posted:

You see, this way the employer isn't obligated to pay them any kind of living wage. "Just live off of tips, fuckers."

Look pal, exposure is more important than a living wage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

:lol: For the longest time I thought OneAngryGamer was a parody account till I noticed they were the ones pushing for the hashtag BurkaKombat or whatever.

It's basically gamer chud central outside of like /r/KIA

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

https://twitter.com/SavedYouAClickV/status/1119267554868985858

Nintendo and atlus have both clarified what the singer was saying, and its not a slur.

actually they just denied that it was a slur but they did not offer a clarification as to what the word that sounds like a slur is supposed to be

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

It's basically gamer chud central outside of like /r/KIA

the irony is not lost on me that a OneAngryGamer writer is concerned about someone falsely accusing P5 lyrics of being ableist, when the OAG site comment section is one of the most racist and homophobic sections of any site ever

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
People getting mad over people getting mad over people getting mad over misheard lyrics.

Hopefully people don't get mad over the people who got mad over the people who got mad over the people who got mad over the people who get mad about recursion.

Dawgstar posted:

Funny you use the Futaba gif as her even English VA mentions the article:

Arist posted:

Erika Harlacher is Ann, not Futaba

Scrap Dragon posted:

The person posting the gif underneath her, Erica Lindbeck, is Futaba’s VA

It's interesting to see the voice actors respond to the article.

Funny thing is that I just made that GIF nearly a year ago. I had found a dump of the Persona 5 dialogue sprites, so I messed around with trying to animate them.

Here's one of Morgana, telling you to go to bed.

"Writing a post? Let's not do that today. You should go to bed."

I guess I should make one for Ann, now...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

i just assumed that was a joke about british legal systems because holy poo poo if it was sincere
Correct. Must have been too subtle. I should have suggested a superinjunction as well.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

:lol: For the longest time I thought OneAngryGamer was a parody account till I noticed they were the ones pushing for the hashtag BurkaKombat or whatever.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Macaluso posted:

I think there's two camps. The hate Ryuji camp and the hate Morgana camp. I fall into the former

I’m one of the rare “Ryuji and Morgana are a manzai team and are both cool and good” people.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"For the sake of boner culture."

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’m one of the rare “Ryuji and Morgana are a manzai team and are both cool and good” people.

Who's the boke and who's the tsukkomi then?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

"For the sake of boner culture."

Kill all gamers

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

“what’s the point of video games if i can’t masturbate to them? what am i supposed to do, play them?”

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Boner Culture would be an awesome name for a band.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cuntellectual posted:

Boner Culture would be an awesome name for a band.

Boner Culture is my favorite Death Grips song

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Boner Culture is my favorite Death Grips song

I had to look up to see if that was an actual Death Grips song or not, because I would have definitely believed it was.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzFGYEZNah4

P5R stuff leaking early

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That was incredibly well done.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1120341941617479680

They're already using P5R for the hashtag.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I skipped part way in and landed on shadow yosuke with a blunt and get smoked had

11/10

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Where did weed shadow Yosuke's dialogue come from?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dialogue in this is better than the actual persona 5 dialogue

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Where did weed shadow Yosuke's dialogue come from?
yosuke's va has done random enemy/npc dialogue for stuff like gta and saint's row, im assuming its just cherrypicked clips from stuff like that

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I'm disappointed no one has a Yosuke Get Smoked avatar yet.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I started the second palace last night. God these kids are frustratingly slow on the uptake sometimes though. "Oh well we need to really really really confirm that Madarame is a bad guy first." It's like we already have all this evidence and he has a palace, why do you need the weird artsy guy to like explicitly say it? It was the same with the volleyball coach like "Well we're not sure he's bad" right after he's like openly hurting kids and his dream is this weird rapey fantasyland.

I get that part of it is cultural norms, but jeeze Morgana has told us multiple times that palaces are only formed by distorted desires. Let's just ice this guy's heart and get back to eating beef bowl and track practice with Ryuji.

edit: Playing this game really makes me want beef bowl.

Rosalind fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 23, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rosalind posted:

I started the second palace last night. God these kids are frustratingly slow on the uptake sometimes though. "Oh well we need to really really really confirm that Madarame is a bad guy first." It's like we already have all this evidence and he has a palace, why do you need the weird artsy guy to like explicitly say it? It was the same with the volleyball coach like "Well we're not sure he's bad" right after he's like openly hurting kids and his dream is this weird rapey fantasyland.

I get that part of it is cultural norms, but jeeze Morgana has told us multiple times that palaces are only formed by distorted desires. Let's just ice this guy's heart and get back to eating beef bowl and track practice with Ryuji.

Prepare yourself, because the game will overly explain the same thing you already know in every single palace. And Ryuiji will be like "Huh??? You mean it works like X???" every time even though it's been explained every other time you've done the palace.

Love the game but boy did the constant repeating of everything get annoying.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Macaluso posted:

Prepare yourself, because the game will overly explain the same thing you already know in every single palace. And Ryuiji will be like "Huh??? You mean it works like X???" every time even though it's been explained every other time you've done the palace.

FOR REAL?????

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Macaluso posted:

Text Message Noise

Hey, do you think stealing the treasure worked like it did the last five times?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Makoto: *basic observation*
Everyone: WOW! how does she do it!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think the purpose of all of those interactions are to introduce the phantom thieves directly to the antagonist so there's a real-life consequence of them failing the time limit, but yeah it's set up very poorly when it becomes so painfully formulaic. Taking Okumura's heart was supposed to feel like a last resort and something the team was forced into, but literally every other antagonist has the exact same setup.

It's also SUPER annoying how every single time the team has to have long text message chains about "DO YOU THINK STEALING HIS HEART IS GONNA WORK?!?!?!?!" Like, yes, it's worked six times it's gonna work this time, it's never not worked, why would it not work

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kaza42 posted:

Text Message Noise

Hey, do you think stealing the treasure worked like it did the last five times?

I pretty quickly got to a point where I just fast forwarded through the text messages because it was never anything worthwhile outside of when you first get a new party member (Futaba for instance has a lot of great stuff at the start through the text messages)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They should have let each party member have their own personal set of stickers like Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's also SUPER annoying how every single time the team has to have long text message chains about "DO YOU THINK STEALING HIS HEART IS GONNA WORK?!?!?!?!" Like, yes, it's worked six times it's gonna work this time, it's never not worked, why would it not work

tbf the whole thing is fairly new to them and Morgana, the one who knows the most about the Metaverse, is still a little iffy on whether Joker's/the Phantom Thieves' plan of taking the treasure without killing the rear end in a top hat in the palace will work (without lethal results).

And even from a gameplay/story perspective, no matter if you do the dungeon the day it unlocks or if you wait until the last possible day, the results aren't immediate and everyone has to wait around a day (or longer) crossing their fingers and hoping it works the same, especially since there's usually high stakes directly affecting the protagonists if it doesn't (expulsion, legal action, forced marriage, etc)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

And breaking someone's distorted view of reality isn't necessarily going to get exactly the result they want every time anyway, it just has never failed.

Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence or something, just because it's worked before doesn't mean they're not worried it will fail eventually.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Make a palace where taking their heart only makes everything even worse, and they realize that they've been holding back on what a total rear end in a top hat they could REALLY bed.

Or, you know all the guilt and shame just causes them to double down on all of their terrible behavior in a furious attempt to justify it all.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Palace 2 is going smoothly so far. Question though: I have like 45k yen saved up. Should I be using that on melee weapons/armor? Aside from buying SP and HP items, I've mostly not been spending it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
6 hours to go until the Persona concert.

Nico Video day 1
https://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv319206777

Nico Video day 2
https://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv319206782

This will probably have a link to a Periscope (twitter video platform) stream
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou

Today is Persona 5 Royal news. Tomorrow is P5S

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rosalind posted:

Palace 2 is going smoothly so far. Question though: I have like 45k yen saved up. Should I be using that on melee weapons/armor? Aside from buying SP and HP items, I've mostly not been spending it.

Buying armor, sure. Weapons only affect your basic attack damage and you should baaaaaasically almost never be doing regular attacks so don't bother with them. In my Merciless playthrough I also never bothered with getting better guns or modifications. Just save up for the SP Regen patches you get from the Doctor social link, and then pocket change for social link stuff.

I've seen people complain about money being super tight but honestly I was always in the same boat you're in, with way more money than I'd ever know what to do with outside of blowing it all on compendium fusions.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The biggest money sink is filling out your Personadex. Which isn't required

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The best money sink is buying a bunch of sp recovering bandages for MC, Ann and Makoto, then a bunch of hp recovering bandages for Ryuji, Yusuke and Haru.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rosalind posted:

Definitely armor (although as long as you're not sending your team in basic gear, you can go long periods without updating), maybe melee, and I'd just straight up not bother with guns unless you're just teeming with money. SP ups are always always the way to go. HP ups are basically pointless since you've got healers on the team (protip: you can use healing spells outside of battle) so SP is king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Melee weapon damage is more or less irrelevant, you only really need to bother upgrading if you can buy one with an effect on it like +Magic.