Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Russia Hoax is dead! Long live the Russia Hoax!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

haveblue posted:

That's a response to the one specific criticism that the investigation was a waste of money.

i'm saying that should not be a relevant response .

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Rinkles posted:

don't justify an investigation by how much money it reaped.

It’s not the justification for the investigation, it’s just a factual refutation of the idea that this all came at great cost to the taxpayers

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Darko posted:

And theres a real chance they did have a smoking gun because Trump is dumb, thus the obstruction.

whether or not there was doesn't matter in the legal definition, it's pretty much just impeding any investigation. They were counting on Trump being dumb which he was and lucked out people around him out right refused to obey him lmao.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

I mean it's relevant in the sense that the investigation did not waste money as detractors claim, and also in this case it's money from a rich amoral war profiteer so gently caress him.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rinkles posted:

pointing out that the claim is objectively a lie is actually a relevant response

EugeneDebsWasCool
Nov 10, 2017
Buglord

friendbot2000 posted:

https://www.mckayla2020.com/issues

Check out her platform! The thing is that since the DCCC is dicking over primary opponents citizens have to step in. Lets give him one hell of a fight

Thanks for making me aware of her. I just threw $20 her way.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is a long read, but very well worth it. It's from the same guy who went undercover as a prison guard.

Thanks, PPJ!

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Lycus posted:

Oh my god, use commas.

The clown doesn't even speak using commas.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WampaLord posted:

This is a long read, but very well worth it. It's from the same guy who went undercover as a prison guard.

Thanks, PPJ!

Mother Jones is kinda poo poo but this guy specifically might be one of the greatest journalists in America right now tbh.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Mother Jones is kinda poo poo but this guy specifically might be one of the greatest journalists in America right now tbh.

This dude is brave as gently caress, but even he has the sense to recognize when poo poo's getting a little too dangerous:

quote:

Back at the base, the cook has bacon and rice ready for us. Ghost, bored by the fire pit, picks a .223-caliber bullet off the ground and rolls the dusty copper in his fingertips. The cadences of a father-son argument between Captain Pain and Spartan rise and fall from another part of camp. Ghost leans his elbow against the arm of his chair, flicks his wrist, and lobs the bullet into the embers. A couple of postures shift. An eyebrow gives the briefest hint of disapproval. We sit silently. The cook comes by and offers a paper plate of banana bread baked by Ghost’s mother. Pop! The bullet explodes. The cook jumps—”Jesus!”—and a puff of ash covers me.

“There it goes,” Jaeger says softly.

I get up and brush off my stomach and legs. Then I head back to my tent and pack my things. I don’t radio in my departure. I start my truck and exit the base, alone.

These militia nuts are loving morons in so many ways.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

WampaLord posted:

This dude is brave as gently caress, but even he has the sense to recognize when poo poo's getting a little too dangerous:

They're actively armed terrorists but they're white so...

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Wow does one of them really call themselves Ghost? Come the gently caress on

Is there also a Joker?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Is there also a Joker?

Shaggydog.

:black101:

But yes, some cartoonish bullshit. I'll call myself Buck Naked.

E- or MAX DAMAGE.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 20, 2019

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

pseudanonymous posted:

They're actively armed terrorists but they're white so...

The article goes into how cops will just roll right up and give them an "attaboy" because they ultimately view them as allies. It's super hosed.

e: vvv that's my overwhelming takeaway, they're literally just cosplaying. this is adult right wing nutjob cosplay

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 20, 2019

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Running around living out their chicken-poo poo fantasies of being Real SoldiersTM

Pathetic.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Lightning Knight posted:

What's wrong with mj

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Is there also a Joker?

These people are grown men who never outgrew a juvenile's understanding of "mascunlity" but are now old enough to buy guns and have the means to do so. It's a huge game of pretend taken to the extreme.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Tatsuta Age posted:

What's wrong with mj

Mother Jones is blandly liberal and clickbaity in much the same way HuffPo is these days.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

What's wrong with mj

clara jeffrey is like the ultimate totally out of touch liberal clinging to the past

also they have hilariously awful labor practices for a nominally progressive publication, it took a huge amount of pressure to get to the current wages for their interns. it used to be 0, but now it's merely less than 30k a year in San Francisco or New York, still far below a living wage

and, as mentioned above, their quality level seems to have decreased a lot over the years.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

His undercover border militia story is a must read https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/undercover-border-militia-immigration-bauer/

quote:

I crawl out of the back of the pickup with my rifle in hand. “Keep your weapons nice and tight,” Captain Pain orders. I am traveling light. Unlike the others, I don’t view southern Arizona as a war zone, so I didn’t put steel plates in my chest rig. Next to everyone else’s commando-style AR-15s, my Ruger Mini-14 with a wood stock is slightly out of place. But everything else is square—I’m wearing a MultiCam uniform, desert tan combat boots, and a radio on my shoulder. I fit in just fine.

We are in a Walmart parking lot in Nogales.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WampaLord posted:

These people are literally Call of Duty cosplayers circa 2013 lmao I’m dying.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I am struggling to find the humor in this. These guys are the most dangerous terrorists in the US and they have a pass with local law enforcement. This poo poo is horrifying.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

DrNutt posted:

I am struggling to find the humor in this. These guys are the most dangerous terrorists in the US and they have a pass with local law enforcement. This poo poo is horrifying.

Humor is often a coping mechanism

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

EwokEntourage posted:

Hell yes X100.

Humor can be used as a deflector of the unthinkable. Just let me be an rear end about it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

EwokEntourage posted:

Yeah that's true, I guess I'm just too beaten down for that right now.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DrNutt posted:

We are through the looking glass and have lost the culture war, it's only gonna get worse lmao

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EwokEntourage posted:

:yeah:

Also a pretty good way to find one's resolve! Humor works a lot of times, is what I'm saying.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

WoodrowSkillson posted:

We are through the looking glass and have lost the culture war, it's only gonna get worse lmao

Oh there's the capacity for humor I was looking for.

*chuckles nervously*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DrNutt posted:

EwokEntourage posted:

It's this. You gotta laugh at some of this poo poo or you'll go mad and to me the idea of one of these nutcases throwing a bullet into a fire just to watch it go off was just so absurd that it slipped over into dark comedy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

WampaLord posted:

It's this. You gotta laugh at some of this poo poo or you'll go mad and to me the idea of one of these nutcases throwing a bullet into a fire just to watch it go off was just so absurd that it slipped over into dark comedy.

Mostly I was thinking that the next person who infiltrated a white supremacist terror org could do a lot of good by [redacted]

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
There was a post several hundred posts ago about a book that made a correlation between the decline of monarchism and the rise of modern conservative movements in the West. I'm a dumb-dumb and didn't write the title down. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

EwokEntourage posted:

Humans have always found the ability to joke in the worst circumstances. It's just something we do to help fend off the horrors of our environments and hold on to some of our humanity.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

DrNutt posted:

Yeah that's true, I guess I'm just too beaten down for that right now.

That's why humor is essential, especially as a coping mechanism. If you don't laugh at this shitworld we're stuck in, and more importantly, yourself, you will go absolutely crazy. It's a shield. I apologize if I came off uncaring or calloused, but it is a defense against the absurd stupidity of this place.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

KickerOfMice posted:

That's why humor is essential, especially as a coping mechanism. If you don't laugh at this shitworld we're stuck in, and more importantly, yourself, you will go absolutely crazy. It's a shield. I apologize if I came off uncaring or stupid, but it is a defense against the absurd stupidity of this place.

Yeah no worries, I agree with y'all, I'm just feeling especially down lately and seeing poo poo like this, which was clearly a major problem even before Trump's presidency, does not help. I'm also looking at this poo poo and thinking about how a bunch of my family that I rarely see anymore probably doesn't see any problem with it. That's even more horrifying. I might be the only person in my family outside of my mom that even gives a poo poo. I don't really know how to process these feelings anymore.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Booourns posted:

People on these forums have been talking about how bad fox is for the country for as long as these forums have been online, and this is the first time there's been a president that literally gets their marching orders from them

People outside of this well intentioned echo chamber on SA and liberal Twitter (both of which I am very much a part of) just don’t get it. Suzanne Scott is a friend of a friend, and when she was promoted at Fox News, my network of very liberal friends was falling all over themselves congratulating for “breaking the glass ceiling” and such. It was nauseating.

Amniotic
Jan 23, 2008

Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Abner Assington posted:

There was a post several hundred posts ago about a book that made a correlation between the decline of monarchism and the rise of modern conservative movements in the West. I'm a dumb-dumb and didn't write the title down. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Corey Robin's Reactionary Mind connects these dots, largely through the thought of Burke.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

DrNutt posted:

Yeah no worries, I agree with y'all, I'm just feeling especially down lately and seeing poo poo like this, which was clearly a major problem even before Trump's presidency, does not help. I'm also looking at this poo poo and thinking about how a bunch of my family that I rarely see anymore probably doesn't see any problem with it. That's even more horrifying. I might be the only person in my family outside of my mom that even gives a poo poo. I don't really know how to process these feelings anymore.

You'll be alright. Trust me, I got advice from a doctor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CL6n0FJZpk

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Here is the lawyer wot doesn't listen, Don McGahn, playing the guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKGtS1XE8k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Man Musk posted:

Here is the lawyer wot doesn't listen, Don McGahn, playing the guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKGtS1XE8k

I can't play guitar and I could play Sweet Child of Mine better than that.

Slash wept.

E- Although "where do we go now?" seems about appropriate.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 20, 2019